Detective Conan World
Berumotto

Tutorials for new members... ?

So... when I was new here, I was kinda confused by reps and how to change your member title, etc. So I was thinking maybe we could have some tutorials in the form of a thread and have them pinned at the top of the "Introduce Yourself" sub-forum or have a link sent to new members. For example, one thread could talk about "Adding Friends and sending messages" and another could be "How do I edit my signature?", etc.

It's just an idea, but what do you guys think? :)

• Upvote 3

Oh my gosh, YES! We need one of these so bad! IT would help so many new members out. They would learn how to respond to comments and messages, and what the status does exactly, and make my self appointed job on the "Welcome Committee" so much easier.

Why don't we already have this by the way?

great idea it can be like a welcome message on there comments thing

some one could write it

oh yea how do u use multiquotes i still confused

Just click the "comment_add.pngMultiquote" button of the posts and there's "arrow_rotate_clockwise.pngadd reply" at the bottom part of this page and you can start replying them one by one.

Just click the comment_add.pngMultiquote button of the posts and there's "arrow_rotate_clockwise.pngadd reply" at the bottom part of this page and you can start replying them one by one.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooh so u do the add reply button

that makes sense

There's a "Help" link beside the "Sign-out" link. :)

Wow, up until now I've never seen that. Thanks :)

The help link doesn't really talk about member titles, or HOW to edit your signature, which I know lots of newbies have questions about. So I think additional tutorials might be helpful. Something else I know even month old members were confused about was the difference between the number of forum posts and the number of ACTIVE posts. Maybe something about that should be mentioned somewhere.

Thanks guys :D

Something else I know even month old members were confused about was the difference between the number of forum posts and the number of ACTIVE posts. Maybe something about that should be mentioned somewhere.

Except for the fact that it HAS been mentioned. In a thread that was stickied and is STILL stickied, no less.

Something else I know even month old members were confused about was the difference between the number of forum posts and the number of ACTIVE posts.

....What's the difference..? O.o

Basically anything you post in the forum games sub-forum won't count towards your FORUM posts but will towards your ACTIVE. So if you have 700 active posts, but you have 650 posts under your avatar, it means 50 of your ACTIVE posts were in forum games. Like right now, next to this post, I have 344 posts. But on my profile I have 370+ posts. So 30 posts were in forum games.

This rule was only put into place a few months ago; forum games posts used to count.

It seems like some people still don't know yet, but it's okay. Do you get it now? :)