Detective Conan World
Monsi

Upload DC videos instead

So that we can watch DC videos (episodes, movies, etc.) again on the "Watch" section, I suggest that (some) members would upload DC videos instead of linking or embedding them so that the "copyright infringement" issue won't OR MIGHT not happen again. Also, there must be a Disclaimer Notice on every video that is uploaded so that DCW or the one who uploaded the video won't be accused of claiming the video to be his or hers. Anyway, sorry, if ever, if I won't be able to help download the videos from another site and upload them here, since we don't have Internet connection at home and I'm just going to an Internet Cafe to surf the Internet.

Positive and negative reactions are welcome.

P.S. Just want you all to know that I have the link where to download the said videos. (Probably, no one bothers to read this...)

I don't think putting up a disclaimer would really do anything, nor would uploading them. It would take a lot of space to upload videos as well, and there's no guarantee that FUNimation won't be onto the website.

I don't think putting up a disclaimer would really do anything, nor would uploading them. It would take a lot of space to upload videos as well, and there's no guarantee that FUNimation won't be onto the website.

Oh well...you have a point there. Anyway, this is just my suggestion, so thanks a lot for your comment. I will still try to think of other ways so that we can watch DC videos again on the "Watch" section and improve this website. Good day!

Now that you mentioned it, it was now clear for me that uploading the videos was not such a good idea after all. When I read your post, I have feared that this site might be closed for good if my idea would take in place. But the thing that is still bugging me is that there are a lot of video hosting sites and file sharing sites that distribute DC movies, episodes, etc, which I believe was a violation of DMCA. Why are they not accused of violation of DMCA?

Anyway, thank you Maurice and CarpetCrawler for clarifying to me why uploading videos was not such a good idea. More power to our site...! Good Day!

P.S. I just read and understood just now about the DMCA thing that was filed against our site.

I hope you have OR would have worked a way to upload them,cause many fans(like me) are still thirsty for <The Lost ship in the sky>,which

is unavailable to us.

Well, if you get one link at hand,i sincerely hope you can send it to my email,dcdos139@gmail.com.Thanks any way~ :rolleyes:

I hope you have OR would have worked a way to upload them,cause many fans(like me) are still thirsty for <The Lost ship in the sky>,which

is unavailable to us.

Well, if you get one link at hand,i sincerely hope you can send it to my email,dcdos139@gmail.com.Thanks any way~ :rolleyes:

movies don't come out with English subtitles until six months after their theatrical release, because that's how long it takes until the DVD comes out... so you're welcome to wait along with the rest of us

if you really want to watch it, I'm sure you can find a raw copy somewhere

Then why can dctp and dcs do it? (Sorry for asking so much questions)

This should answer your question:

DCTP.png

Well, the real issue is that we're compiling the links into a single database, which is, apparently, a violation of DCMA.

Btw, if we cannot watch at the watch section, what is it for?

It is currently for informational purposes. Each episode has a link to the wiki corresponding to that episode.

okay, you both still on copyrights?!? I guess why people here don't like me to talk about copyrights but I'm gonna say something.

Disclaimers are the crucial part to prevent lawsuit, it's not pointless at ALL. Why I say this, I've study art and copyright as well as COPYRIGHT OF USE AND KNOWLEDGE are my specialty when I study art, I was required to attend full seminar of copyright talk as I am once artist student with art degree honours. Yes, art degree honours.

IF you want me to assess, let me do the talking as I'm expert in copyright. Carpetcrawler, it's not pointless to have disclaimer, but I also feel the video uploading is tedious job as there are many videos since DCTP and DCW has already make the link for the access.

Disclaimer is important as it can help to avoid being sued. let's say if we use a video on youtube (example), can only upload one video only for personal use, everyone can copy the video for the sake of it.

All people must take note from art degree holder who knows well of copyrights. (hence that website is necesary, stated by Monsi)

ADDED: I understand what is the woes about, not all are familiar with copyrights.

As long as we use for personal use to watch, it will be fine. As the video is randomly posted among facebook page, I see there's no problem. We have that page for watching as it subscribe to DCTP video.

To have video in DCTP, it's fishy and troublesome, they have to find the law of fair use about video uploading.

ADDED: Or they disclaimed it as long as they state it was references from the producer and write out the name of belongings and possession, it's no longer plagarism, become a 'quote'.