Detective Conan World
cleofriskey

No more Magic Kaito?

Is there going to be more episodes of Magic Kaito???? I know the first episode came out sometime in May or something.... Was that just a special thing or are they going to make more? I REEEEEEEALLY hope they do. <3 Kaito Kid! XD

Is there going to be more episodes of Magic Kaito???? I know the first episode came out sometime in May or something.... Was that just a special thing or are they going to make more? I REEEEEEEALLY hope they do. <3 Kaito Kid! XD

It was a special for the promotion of the 14th movie. I suppose it is possible there may be more episodes, although there are no more planned that I have heard about.

It was a one-off special. Possibly it was also made to see if there'd be any interest in a Magic Kaito series, but apparently there's not, because we would have heard something by now.

I get the feeling Kaitou Kid isn't as huge as people think he is. It's just that his fans are very loud and like to make themselves known, which makes it seem like he's huge over there. Otherwise, we'd have heard a ton more about him. The amount of fanfiction and fanart he has doesn't prove anything.

NOOOOOOOO!! LIES! Kaito Kid is the best ANYWHERE!! XDDDDDDD

lol, and I hate to admit it but you're probabaly right...... As I know from person experience 'cause I'm probabaly one of the loudest fans of them all XDDD But I really do hope that there's more.......

So I watched the new episode of Magic Kaito last night and got extremely disappoint at the end of it. Next week it seems the new DC episodes are coming, but NO MORE MAGIC KAITO? Is this the end for it altogether? :< Having only three episodes is just majorly unfair in my eyes. Is there any chance at all that it'll pick back up?

Yep. But seeing episode 2, and three appearing, after gosho's announcement, it is likely what he says is true, or the producers believe it to be true and hoped to provide more info regarding kaitou kid through airing of the episodes. So there's a possibility that they will continue airing the episodes as a specia, especially if the ratings are high.

A DC special but an MK episode. But it was based on the MK manga. You're only going to get more MK episodes if the producers dedice to animate more of the MK manga. But the DC manga will always end up being DC episodes, even with Kaito Kid in them (like the one next week).

Yep. But if kaitou kid is a significant character in dc, it's counterpart MK, will not be ignored. That's why I said there's a possibility. I didn't say it's definite. But theres a definite possibility that MK will continue. That is, unless the author does not continue writing, or he merges MK with dc.

Yep. But if kaitou kid is a significant character in dc, it's counterpart MK, will not be ignored. That's why I said there's a possibility. I didn't say it's definite. But theres a definite possibility that MK will continue. That is, unless the author does not continue writing, or he merges MK with dc.

He's more of a reference to MK than a significant character (plot-wise speaking). And even if he became a significant character, it would be developed in DC, not MK.

I don't think he will merge them, the universes are too different (you can't have a witch in DC), and apart from the few chapters which are published from time to time, I doubt MK will continue, or if it does it will probably be ended quickly.

I doubt that. Gosho has already indicated that he wish to continue MK. I know that the anime will have to depend on the producers, but having three episodes indicate that there could be more in future. Who knows when? But as long as kaitou kid is not forgotten, it will continue. Everyone says MK will not continue after the first episode stopped for so long, but now it has three episodes. Kaitou kid has just been fillers from the start and now he has two specials. If kaitou kid becomes significant, how do you know that it wouldnt prompt the producers to make more of MK?

I doubt that. Gosho has already indicated that he wish to continue MK. I know that the anime will have to depend on the producers, but having three episodes indicate that there could be more in future. Who knows when? But as long as kaitou kid is not forgotten, it will continue. Everyone says MK will not continue after the first episode stopped for so long, but now it has three episodes. Kaitou kid has just been fillers from the start and now he has two specials. If kaitou kid becomes significant, how do you know that it wouldnt prompt the producers to make more of MK?

I've never read an interview where Gosho says that he wishes to continue MK. Assuming it's true, please provide a link.

There could obviously be more MK episodes in the future since the producers have 20+ chapters left to work with in the manga, but having more MK episodes and the manga continuing are two different things (Gosho is not involved in the production of the anime !). I actually think there will be more MK specials, however, and I'll say it again, apart from the sporadic files that come out, I doubt MK (the manga !) will ever continue on a regular weekly basis, and if it does, it will probably be ended quite quickly.

Your talking about the manga now? O__o I thought we were discussing about the anime? *now I'm confused*

Either way, I don't think the anime will discontinue forever. Even the manga. I cant remember which interview he hinted of his wish to continue. I'll find it out... It wouldn't be any time soon as I remembered but I'm sure he'll continue it at his own pace.

Wow. Quite a debate here, eh?

Gosho has said that Kaitou Kid isn't just there for decoration. He plays a bigger part. I would expect that anyway... I bet a lot of fans will be upset if Kid doesn't get an ending. What about finding Pandora and avenging Toichi's death?

And Akako. <3 Akako will definitely play a role.