Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

What Was the Last Video Game You Played?

Oh, I only have three amiibo figures, but I own one, since my my brothers own the other two. Anyways, so far we only own Link, Kirby, and Peach amiibo. The one I own is Peach. I haven't used her yet, but I might today. We really wanted to get the Pit amiibo, but they were all sold out. D: Yes, I played Kid Icarus: Uprising a few days after its release back in 2012. Man, I forgot the last time I played it. I think it was over a year ago. It's such a great game. The first Kid Icarus game I played was Kid Icarus for the Gameboy back when I was a kid, and I loved it. (I'm not very good at it though. :P)

Yeah, Pit's sold out everywhere, for the most part.  I found a Japanese site that still has him in stock, and they ship worldwide.  Since amiibos aren't region locked, you could order one from them for the hefty price of $28 before shipping if you're worried that Nintendo won't be restocking Pit any time soon.  Here's the link: http://solarisjapan.com/products/amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-pit  Amiibos sound and look like a ton of fun from what I've seen, so you should definitely get around to using that Peach.  I'm a bit envious, but my parents would never let me get more than one "toy" so I need to hold out until Lucina is included in a wave.  Hopefully I'm not already going off to college when she's announced, since I won't be bringing my Wii U with me.

• Upvote 1

I must be doing a pretty good job at hiding it, because if you knew me in real life you'd know I'm a bit of a mess.  Sometimes I try too hard when I shouldn't and don't try enough when I should.  I can't decide which colleges I like the best and so I've applied to almost more than I can handle.  I have terrible sleeping, eating, and exercising habits.  I'm practically a drunken fool in the mornings.  I'm a luckless train wreck when it comes to relationships and romance.  I'm honest, nice, and trusting to a fault even though I tend to give off bad first impressions.  So yeah, I definitely don't think I'm in a control of my life, but I guess that goes for everybody.

Ah, so you are a girl.  I had a hunch you were, but occasionally it was hard to tell and I didn't want to offend you by assuming either way.  And to think of it as a social experiment isn't too weird; I think it's kind of cool.  I wouldn't be able to pull of anything like that since, as I mentioned before, I'm always too honest for my own good, even online.

Geez, you basically managed to describe my life straight down to the point (except for the college apps part, which will probably be me next year).

I wouldn't say that you give off a bad first impression. This long conversation string that we've had for a while is proof enough.

I'm curious--what gave it away that I am a girl?

I still like keeping most things about my life ambiguous, although if anyone asks (as long as it's not too personal), I'd probably tell them.

I haven't gotten around to Cave Story or Super Meat Boy yet, but I'll definitely find time for it.  I only have one college app left to finish, hopefully by tonight, and when I'm done with that and officially submit everything I'll be free to do more of what I want.

Though, that being said, I've actually already started winding down.  I played some Smash 4 with my sister, and discovered that I have a natural talent for Wii Fit Trainer and Ness, of all things.  At the very least, I was able to beat more people in For Glory with those two than I was with my intended mains, Lucina and Bowser Jr., somehow.  I noticed your profile picture is now Dark Pit from Palutena's reveal trailer.  Is it because you've played KI:Uprising or because you like him as a Smash character?  I played a bit of Mario Kart 8, and while I'm not terribly good at it (barely getting 1st on 100cc Grand Prix) compared to what I managed on the DS, I'm definitely getting a hang of it.  I guess it's not nearly as "sharp", if that's the right word for it, as the DS version, since I usually have trouble keeping my kart going in a straight line without it sliding all over the place.  But it's still a lot of fun to play, almost as much as Smash.  Oh yes, and just today while I was speed running Pokemon Diamond (for a good Cresselia, potentially to be used in my Pearl Battle Tower run), I ran into a random shiny Silcoon!  I was paired with Cheryl while walking through Eterna Forest, and when the Silcoon popped up along with a normal one I nearly had a Christmas heart attack.  Thank God Chansey has cruddy attack and Silcoon only knows how to use Harden.  I killed the normal Silcoon (and the Chansey, for good measure) before nabbing that shiny.  Honestly, shiny Silcoon looks better than shiny Beautifly, but whatever I guess I'll evolve it when I have the time.  That adds one more to my legit shiny count, haha.  It was a really pleasant surprise.

It sucks you won't be able to do what you truly want when you go to Florida, but hopefully you'll still enjoy yourself.  If it's warm enough, soak in the sun on the beach or do at least something summery.  Also, are you going to Disney or Universal?  Those places are magical, Disney especially.  I mentioned this somewhere before, but Epcot has this Japanese section which is chock-full of anime, manga, and video game stuff.  It also has a bunch of other cultural trinkets, too, if you ever found that you were in need of kimonos or bento boxes.  My suggestion is to save a ton of cash for that store, especially if you want an anime figurine or something.  Those can get pricey.  Well, I guess if you're going to be gone from DCW for a week and won't check this thread until you're back then maybe my advice will be for naught, but no matter.  I hope you enjoy your winter break!

(Oh man, and I'm starting to stray off topic in my non-spoiler-ed sections.  I should just start tagging everything I type at this rate.)

I'll be honest, Pit is one of the cheaper characters in Smash, lol. I still love using him (hence the avatar), but if I ever get the opportunity, I'll probably toy around with some other characters later. Falco, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Kirby were a few of my favorites in Brawl. Mario Kart DS was easy in my opinion. I've been so used to it that Mario Kart Wii seemed like the Touhou lunatic level of Mario Kart. I haven't had any luck with shinies since Platinum (I can't remember if I've mentioned this before). But good for you for finding that shiny Silcoon! Lucky for you Chansey's attack stat is practically nonexistent, but killing it off is always a good route to take. 

Despite what I said earlier, my trip to Florida went a lot better than expected. My friend over there managed to get his hands on Smash 4 and Omega Ruby so I finally got the opportunity to play those games on his 2DS. Oh my lord I almost cried. I thought I would never get the chance, haha. I would tell you about some of the other adventures I had in Florida but we'd be going extremely off-topic if that were the case (not that we haven't already, lol).

I only went to places like Miami, Key West, and Fort Lauderdale over break so unfortunately, I didn't get to visit Disney World. The warm weather was a nice break from the chilly winter we've been getting around here but it was still too hot for my taste. I can only imagine how awful summer is over there. Even if I were to have visited Disney World, I doubt that my dad would let me buy any trinkets remotely related to Japanese culture (it's one of those unreasonable grudges he holds against the Japanese because of some historic event that occurred ages ago). Same goes with the anime/manga stuff. Things tend to be overpriced in Disney World anyway, so I probably wouldn't have gotten much even if I had the opportunity. Thanks for the heads up though! I didn't know about this until I read your post.

--

oh wow, we're on our fourth page already?

Geez, you basically managed to describe my life straight down to the point (except for the college apps part, which will probably be me next year).

I wouldn't say that you give off a bad first impression. This long conversation string that we've had for a while is proof enough.

I'm curious--what gave it away that I am a girl?

I still like keeping most things about my life ambiguous, although if anyone asks (as long as it's not too personal), I'd probably tell them.

I'll be honest, Pit is one of the cheaper characters in Smash, lol. I still love using him (hence the avatar), but if I ever get the opportunity, I'll probably toy around with some other characters later. Falco, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Kirby were a few of my favorites in Brawl. Mario Kart DS was easy in my opinion. I've been so used to it that Mario Kart Wii seemed like the Touhou lunatic level of Mario Kart. I haven't had any luck with shinies since Platinum (I can't remember if I've mentioned this before). But good for you for finding that shiny Silcoon! Lucky for you Chansey's attack stat is practically nonexistent, but killing it off is always a good route to take. 

Despite what I said earlier, my trip to Florida went a lot better than expected. My friend over there managed to get his hands on Smash 4 and Omega Ruby so I finally got the opportunity to play those games on his 2DS. Oh my lord I almost cried. I thought I would never get the chance, haha. I would tell you about some of the other adventures I had in Florida but we'd be going extremely off-topic if that were the case (not that we haven't already, lol).

I only went to places like Miami, Key West, and Fort Lauderdale over break so unfortunately, I didn't get to visit Disney World. The warm weather was a nice break from the chilly winter we've been getting around here but it was still too hot for my taste. I can only imagine how awful summer is over there. Even if I were to have visited Disney World, I doubt that my dad would let me buy any trinkets remotely related to Japanese culture (it's one of those unreasonable grudges he holds against the Japanese because of some historic event that occurred ages ago). Same goes with the anime/manga stuff. Things tend to be overpriced in Disney World anyway, so I probably wouldn't have gotten much even if I had the opportunity. Thanks for the heads up though! I didn't know about this until I read your post.

--

oh wow, we're on our fourth page already?

Hm, if we had met in real life then I think you might know what I mean by bad first impression.  I'm not too sure why, but I have a terribly hard time getting to know people. Maybe it's because I talk too fast?  Or perhaps I slouch too much?  Maybe the way I dress or my facade scares people off.  Should I try smiling more?  Ah, whatever, I've spent the last few years trying to figure it out but haven't been making much progress. I guess I'll just be myself and treasure the few people I am able to hit it off with from the start.

As for you being a girl, I'm honestly not too sure how I knew. It wasn't anything you said in particular, but I just felt like I've been conversing with a girl.  Call it man's intuition or a gut feeling or something, since I really don't know.  Maybe you reminded me of a girl I know or knew?  Like, the way you say things?  No, I don't think that's it.  Haha, your guess is as good as mine.

From what I can tell, the roster is unbelievably balanced. Even characters I had previously felt were kind of loose and hard to play as, notably Ness, Wario, Peach, Donkey Kong, and Mr. Game and Watch, feel sharp, crisp, and powerful.  Honestly, so many characters feel so good in my hands it'll be a long while before I settle on a go-to main.  And I guess Mario Kart DS was kind of easy, considering how quickly I managed to pick it up.  I never played Mario Kart Wii, but Mario Kart 8 doesn't seem to be that hard. It's definitely harder than MKDS, but I've mastered 100cc and fare rather well in 150cc.  It's actually a ton easier to get three stars for every Grand Prix, unlike in MKDS, since all you need to do is get first place in all four races instead of whatever ambiguous measurement was used for the DS version.  I've actually decided to run through Diamond with that Silcoon. I traded it over to my Pearl version to EV train and it's a hefty Beautifly now.  It won't be as easy to run through with as the Slack Off/Nasty Plot Infernape I had originally planned on, but it's holding up really well so far.  It has terrible IVs though (single digits for everything except for 18 in speed) and it's Hidden Power is useless Grass type.  I'm running a Bug Buzz/Psychic set and it would have been great coverage to have a Hidden Power Ground, or at the very least Fire, Fighting, or Water.  Ah well, it'll make the solo run a bit challenging at the very least.

Ah, I've been to Key West before.  It was a long time go, but we took a cruise down there. I can't remember much of it, but I don't think I disliked it.  The cruise, of course, was a ton of fun.  I think vacationing by cruise boat is the best way to travel.  By car would be second, since road trips can be a lot of fun, and I suppose to cap things off plane trips that provide free movies are great.  Ehem, geez, I need to stop myself from straying off topic like this.  If you ever feel the need to talk about your trip in more detail and have the time for it, PM me.  I would definitely be interesting in hearing about it, haha.  My parents used to be rather against Japanese stuff too, but they've somewhat warmed up to anime (as long as it's dubbed in either English or Mandarin).  Wait, so then are you Chinese, too?  I suppose you could also be either Filipino or Korean, considering those countries have been affected by Japanese war crimes back in the day as well.

Well, now that winter break is practically over my parents have taken away my Wii U until college decisions are in, I guess.  Ah well, I don't mind much.  Though when the Ike and Sheik amiibos that I pre-ordered are delivered I won't be able to start training them immediately.  I also plan on getting a Marth amiibo (when it's restocked, hopefully) and Lucina, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, and Palutena amiibos (when they're released).  I guess I'll be investing most of my time in the Diamond run through, and maybe a bit in Y if my parents haven't relocated the 3DS.  Oh shoot, sorry Kenzi, I never got around to playing either Super Meat Boy or Cave Story.  Gah, I actually didn't have as much free time as I thought.  I didn't realize so much stuff had built up over the months waiting for the break from school.  I'll try to play them both as soon as I can though.

(Um, I may need to seriously start spoiling everything I post here, because I wrote too much again...) 

Wait. You playing that? :P

Plants Vs Zombie... kills boredom

Kinda. It's mostly my dad and my brother playing though, with my mom just sighing on the side. Haha, and she though Call of Duty was violent xD

Kinda. It's mostly my dad and my brother playing though, with my mom just sighing on the side. Haha, and she though Call of Duty was violent xD

That's one closely knit family. :D

Lol. What's violent with that game? :P There are like so many games that are more violent to that :P

That's one closely knit family. :D

Lol. What's violent with that game? :P There are like so many games that are more violent to that :P

Nyahaha, watching anime together and everything. Yup.

Exactly! There's rarely any visible blood. Personally, I think Tomb Raider (one of them) was more violent and bloody.

Nyahaha, watching anime together and everything. Yup.

Exactly! There's rarely any visible blood. Personally, I think Tomb Raider (one of them) was more violent and bloody.

So rare, nowadays.

Yeah. Not bloody enough xD

Never played it... I like games but rarely play them.

So rare, nowadays.

Yeah. Not bloody enough xD

Never played it... I like games but rarely play them.

You would prefer there be more blood? :P

Haha, my dad and my brother play way too much for their own good.

(Um, I may need to seriously start spoiling everything I post here, because I wrote too much again...) 

Wrote too much? Oh, not at all. I quite enjoy reading your posts. I'll probably start spoiling mine though.

Hm, if we had met in real life then I think you might know what I mean by bad first impression.  I'm not too sure why, but I have a terribly hard time getting to know people. Maybe it's because I talk too fast?  Or perhaps I slouch too much?  Maybe the way I dress or my facade scares people off.  Should I try smiling more?  Ah, whatever, I've spent the last few years trying to figure it out but haven't been making much progress. I guess I'll just be myself and treasure the few people I am able to hit it off with from the start.

My friends sometimes comment on my tendencies to talk quickly--especially when it's about something important, so you're not alone. My dad often slaps me on the back (even in public) since I also have a habit of slouching at times. Fake smiles are easily seen through; genuine smiles are a lot more appealing in my opinion, so just keep doing what you're doing! Most of the time, I'm only able to make friends because of common interests or because they've been in a class of mine. Also, I think you're over-exaggerating. I feel like you'd be one of my best friends if we ever met in real life.

As for you being a girl, I'm honestly not too sure how I knew. It wasn't anything you said in particular, but I just felt like I've been conversing with a girl.  Call it man's intuition or a gut feeling or something, since I really don't know.  Maybe you reminded me of a girl I know or knew?  Like, the way you say things?  No, I don't think that's it.  Haha, your guess is as good as mine.

Might be because of my username. Perhaps it gives off a feminine connotation?

From what I can tell, the roster is unbelievably balanced. Even characters I had previously felt were kind of loose and hard to play as, notably Ness, Wario, Peach, Donkey Kong, and Mr. Game and Watch, feel sharp, crisp, and powerful.  Honestly, so many characters feel so good in my hands it'll be a long while before I settle on a go-to main.  And I guess Mario Kart DS was kind of easy, considering how quickly I managed to pick it up.  I never played Mario Kart Wii, but Mario Kart 8 doesn't seem to be that hard. It's definitely harder than MKDS, but I've mastered 100cc and fare rather well in 150cc.  It's actually a ton easier to get three stars for every Grand Prix, unlike in MKDS, since all you need to do is get first place in all four races instead of whatever ambiguous measurement was used for the DS version.  I've actually decided to run through Diamond with that Silcoon. I traded it over to my Pearl version to EV train and it's a hefty Beautifly now.  It won't be as easy to run through with as the Slack Off/Nasty Plot Infernape I had originally planned on, but it's holding up really well so far.  It has terrible IVs though (single digits for everything except for 18 in speed) and it's Hidden Power is useless Grass type.  I'm running a Bug Buzz/Psychic set and it would have been great coverage to have a Hidden Power Ground, or at the very least Fire, Fighting, or Water.  Ah well, it'll make the solo run a bit challenging at the very least.

Ah, I've been to Key West before.  It was a long time go, but we took a cruise down there. I can't remember much of it, but I don't think I disliked it.  The cruise, of course, was a ton of fun.  I think vacationing by cruise boat is the best way to travel.  By car would be second, since road trips can be a lot of fun, and I suppose to cap things off plane trips that provide free movies are great.  Ehem, geez, I need to stop myself from straying off topic like this.  If you ever feel the need to talk about your trip in more detail and have the time for it, PM me.  I would definitely be interesting in hearing about it, haha.  My parents used to be rather against Japanese stuff too, but they've somewhat warmed up to anime (as long as it's dubbed in either English or Mandarin).  Wait, so then are you Chinese, too?  I suppose you could also be either Filipino or Korean, considering those countries have been affected by Japanese war crimes back in the day as well.

Well, now that winter break is practically over my parents have taken away my Wii U until college decisions are in, I guess.  Ah well, I don't mind much.  Though when the Ike and Sheik amiibos that I pre-ordered are delivered I won't be able to start training them immediately.  I also plan on getting a Marth amiibo (when it's restocked, hopefully) and Lucina, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, and Palutena amiibos (when they're released).  I guess I'll be investing most of my time in the Diamond run through, and maybe a bit in Y if my parents haven't relocated the 3DS.  Oh shoot, sorry Kenzi, I never got around to playing either Super Meat Boy or Cave Story.  Gah, I actually didn't have as much free time as I thought.  I didn't realize so much stuff had built up over the months waiting for the break from school.  I'll try to play them both as soon as I can though.

Aw geez. It'll be a while before I'll be able to get a 3DS or Smash so you're just tempting me now, haha. I originally had the aspiration of getting three stars on every Grand Prix in MKDS, but I always found myself at two stars in certain cups even with first place on all of my races. If I ever get MK 8, it'll probably take me a while to get used to it but I'm glad it's easier to get three stars in there. Everyone seems to worship MK 8 to death (especially the graphics and courses) so I might get the Wii U just for the sake of joining the bandwagon. Probably not for Smash though since I won't be able to utilize the 8-player feature. Most of my friends have never even heard of it, much less play it. Slack Off Infernape is a bit strange since it has awful defenses. That's almost like running Recover on Alakazam, lol. I'm not a huge fan of special Infernape either. My Infernape back in Platinum was only physical; Thunder Punch/Flare Blitz/Close Combat/Mach Punch worked wonders for me. Ouch, those IVs. It's a darn good thing that Beautifly is a shiny or else I would have tossed it away in a heartbeat, haha. Good luck training it up! Bug/Flying isn't a great typing but at least it gets Morning Sun/Roost to help its sustainability.

Whaaaa...

I also went on a cruise to Key West before. hrmm. Well actually, it was a cruise of the Caribbean but we happened to stop at Key West along the way--this was years ago back when I was in middle school though. Honestly, cruises are, without a doubt, the best kind of vacations. They're boatloads of fun (ucwutididthar) and they're especially memorable with friends. Road trips are okay, but I'm not a huge fan of being crammed in a car for the majority of the vacation. I can't read, do homework, or play games in a car without getting nauseous. The only plane trips that provide movies are those 17-hour rides so I don't get to experience that often. Plus, the movies there usually aren't that great either. However, airplane food isn't too bad. It certainly beats whatever "health" crap that Michelle Obama recently implemented into schools. My trip to Florida wasn't all that spectacular so I wouldn't want to bore you to death, haha. My dad is rather stubborn when it comes to Japanese products. The only Japanese stuff he'll buy are from well-known Japanese brands like Sony or Honda. Everything else is usually out of his consideration. My mom is a little more lenient. However, that doesn't mean she's willing to buy me anime/manga stuff or any games for that matter (or at least not anymore). My sister is on good terms with my parents so she'd probably be able to persuade them to get her this kind of stuff. Also, good call on my ethnicity--Chinese indeed, haha.

Best of luck to you for college decisions! Ohhh, good choice in the amiibos. I've never gotten the opportunity to buy any but they look hella fun.

Cave Story is the shorter one out of the two if you were wondering. Your in-game decisions in Cave Story can ultimately affect the final outcome of the game so it might not be a bad idea to look up a guide before you play if you want the best ending (you'll be spoiled though, obviously, lol). Super Meat Boy will take a while to finish (let me warn you beforehand--it gets insanely difficult). If you're not looking for that kind of game, I felt like UberHaxorNova did a pretty good job portraying typical reactions toward it if you'd rather check that out. Haha, don't sweat it. School is more important so please don't feel obligated to play the games; this is just a little heads up.

I started Valkryia Chronicles for PS3 yesterday morning. I really like the gameplay and how it's both tactical and a 3rd person shooter but I'm absolutely horrible at it because of that haha.

Wrote too much? Oh, not at all. I quite enjoy reading your posts. I'll probably start spoiling mine though.

My friends sometimes comment on my tendencies to talk quickly--especially when it's about something important, so you're not alone. My dad often slaps me on the back (even in public) since I also have a habit of slouching at times. Fake smiles are easily seen through; genuine smiles are a lot more appealing in my opinion, so just keep doing what you're doing! Most of the time, I'm only able to make friends because of common interests or because they've been in a class of mine. Also, I think you're over-exaggerating. I feel like you'd be one of my best friends if we ever met in real life.

Might be because of my username. Perhaps it gives off a feminine connotation?

Aw geez. It'll be a while before I'll be able to get a 3DS or Smash so you're just tempting me now, haha. I originally had the aspiration of getting three stars on every Grand Prix in MKDS, but I always found myself at two stars in certain cups even with first place on all of my races. If I ever get MK 8, it'll probably take me a while to get used to it but I'm glad it's easier to get three stars in there. Everyone seems to worship MK 8 to death (especially the graphics and courses) so I might get the Wii U just for the sake of joining the bandwagon. Probably not for Smash though since I won't be able to utilize the 8-player feature. Most of my friends have never even heard of it, much less play it. Slack Off Infernape is a bit strange since it has awful defenses. That's almost like running Recover on Alakazam, lol. I'm not a huge fan of special Infernape either. My Infernape back in Platinum was only physical; Thunder Punch/Flare Blitz/Close Combat/Mach Punch worked wonders for me. Ouch, those IVs. It's a darn good thing that Beautifly is a shiny or else I would have tossed it away in a heartbeat, haha. Good luck training it up! Bug/Flying isn't a great typing but at least it gets Morning Sun/Roost to help its sustainability.

Whaaaa...

I also went on a cruise to Key West before. hrmm. Well actually, it was a cruise of the Caribbean but we happened to stop at Key West along the way--this was years ago back when I was in middle school though. Honestly, cruises are, without a doubt, the best kind of vacations. They're boatloads of fun (ucwutididthar) and they're especially memorable with friends. Road trips are okay, but I'm not a huge fan of being crammed in a car for the majority of the vacation. I can't read, do homework, or play games in a car without getting nauseous. The only plane trips that provide movies are those 17-hour rides so I don't get to experience that often. Plus, the movies there usually aren't that great either. However, airplane food isn't too bad. It certainly beats whatever "health" crap that Michelle Obama recently implemented into schools. My trip to Florida wasn't all that spectacular so I wouldn't want to bore you to death, haha. My dad is rather stubborn when it comes to Japanese products. The only Japanese stuff he'll buy are from well-known Japanese brands like Sony or Honda. Everything else is usually out of his consideration. My mom is a little more lenient. However, that doesn't mean she's willing to buy me anime/manga stuff or any games for that matter (or at least not anymore). My sister is on good terms with my parents so she'd probably be able to persuade them to get her this kind of stuff. Also, good call on my ethnicity--Chinese indeed, haha.

Best of luck to you for college decisions! Ohhh, good choice in the amiibos. I've never gotten the opportunity to buy any but they look hella fun.

Cave Story is the shorter one out of the two if you were wondering. Your in-game decisions in Cave Story can ultimately affect the final outcome of the game so it might not be a bad idea to look up a guide before you play if you want the best ending (you'll be spoiled though, obviously, lol). Super Meat Boy will take a while to finish (let me warn you beforehand--it gets insanely difficult). If you're not looking for that kind of game, I felt like UberHaxorNova did a pretty good job portraying typical reactions toward it if you'd rather check that out. Haha, don't sweat it. School is more important so please don't feel obligated to play the games; this is just a little heads up.

That's nice of you to say you enjoy my posts. I sometimes feel that I write too much and that I'm being a bother to the person on the receiving end.  I try my best to stay on topic, but sometimes I just can't help myself and type a bit lot more than I should.  Woah, my parents hit me on the back for slouching, too!  Though in my case, it's usually my mom worrying about my posture and slapping me on the back, saying things like how I'd look taller if only I'd straighten up.  And it's awfully kind of you to say something like that; perhaps we would be really good friends if we ever did meet.  Oh yes, that's right, it probably was because of your username. I remember looking it up, because I thought it was a rather unique name, be it your real one or just something that sounded nice.  Is there any special meaning behind it?

Ah, sorry for tempting you like that, haha.  I probably won't be talking about Sm4sh for a while either, just because I won't be able to play for a while.  It would still be a fun game even if you don't have anyone else to play it with.  The online modes, both For Glory and For Fun, can be really entertaining (as long as your Internet connection is solid) and there are a ton of things to grind for.  Whether it's custom moves or equipment or costumes for Mii Fighters or music or trophies, there are a ton of rewards attainable only through the single player modes.  You can even attempt to clear all the Challenges, which will probably keep you really occupied.  And playing 8-player smash with 7 computers isn't all that bad, haha.  It's strange though, have most of your friends seriously never heard of Smash before?  I was exposed to it at an early age when my parents and their friends had parties together and all the kids, young and old, huddled down in the basement together to duke it out with Melee and then eventually Brawl.  Most of my friends have not only heard of the game but have played it.  However, it would still be really great if you got Mario Kart 8, especially with all those extra tracks you can get with the DLC.  When's your birthday?  Maybe you could ask your parents to get you a Wii U as a present then?  Speaking of presents, did you ask for or get anything nice for Christmas?  I actually only wanted to run a Slack Off/Nasty Pot set because they were hard moves to get on an Infernape, given you had to level up a Chimchar to 39, which was something I never got around to doing, not even for fun.  I considered giving my Beautifly Roost, but decided that I would run out of PP way too fast.  Since Bug Buzz and Psychic were my only good moves, and would only total to 32 PP together with the use of PP Ups, I decided that a solo speed run would be rather difficult, especially when I faced the Elite Four.  Not to mention, I didn't really want to waste that many PP Ups on a Pokemon with such terrible IVs.  The moves I think I've settled on are Bug Buzz, Psychic, Giga Drain (as a bit of coverage as well as a pseudo Roost replacement) and, believe it or not, Gust.  My Beautifly is a monstrously high level (thanks to a Lucky Egg I had traded over from Pearl) and Gust OHKOs most everything.  If I ever run into some trouble, the other three moves can easily take care of it.  This way, I have a ton of PP to spare and don't have to waste a Roost TM or a couple of PP Ups.

Geez, I haven't been on a cruise since middle school myself.  Gosh, I'd like to take a trip on one again.  Road trips aren't so bad, haha.  I've somehow trained myself to be able to play video games in the car with only mild discomfort.  On a good day, I'm even able to read manga without feeling sick.  My parents are actually terrible drivers; they always brake and accelerate too fast.  Road trips through places with a lot of natural beauty are really amazing.  Are you familiar with the Adirondacks?  They're a mountain range in Upstate New York, and they're gorgeous.  Just a quick Google Image search and you'll know what I mean.  Driving through those mountains in any season, though autumn and winter for me personally, can really put your mind at ease.  Also, the American southwest is equally as beautiful though in a different way.  I've mentioned somewhere that I prefer the winter and dislike the summer, but southwestern summers are surprisingly mild.  It's dry enough that they don't receive much rain or have any mosquitoes, but not dry enough that you're hot and uncomfortable.  Also, there are a lot of ideal stargazing spots out there, haha.  My family and I traveled there three summers ago, and I enjoyed myself more than I thought I would.  The vast expansiveness of the land occasionally dotted with small, tight-knit towns is really something you can't find on the east coast. Though you're right in saying most flights usually don't provide free movies, the ones that do are actually really fun and cozy.  My family vacationed to China two years ago, and on that flight there were some surprisingly decent movies, like Cloud Atlas. I binge-watched movies the entire flight, pausing only to use the restroom (I ate my meals while watching the movies; there was no time to waste).  I ultimately ended up watching more cheesy Asian dramas than anything else, but it was all for free and my parents weren't able to bug me about doing work, so I'd take it over most summer break days.  Hm, even though you say your trip to Florida wasn't all that exciting you'll probably look back on it fondly in due time.  Even the dullest of travels are memorable in their own right.  Your parents sound crazy strict about Japanese stuff.  I'm surprised you managed to even get into anime and and Japanese related video games as much as you have. Ohh, so you're also Chinese, aha, that's cool.

Mhm, I'm hoping for the best when it comes to college apps.  I actually just received a request to have me interviewed at a nearby Starbucks by a representative from one of the universities I applied to.  Aw geez, I've never been interviewed in this way before, so I'm really anxious about it.  I thought after apps I wouldn't have to stress anymore, but looks like I can't quite relax just yet.  And as for my selection of amiibos, I actually chose them because they kind of resemble certain characters from Fate/stay night, haha.  When it's summer time and you hopefully find the time to watch both Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, you'll know what mean.

Thanks for those tips!  I'll keep them in mind when trying to find time for playing them.  I'll probably get around to Cave Story first, whenever that will be.

Currently playing Chrono Cross. I'm one of the few that Prefers it over Chrono Trigger.

gah, I've been wanting to play those for the longest time

That's nice of you to say you enjoy my posts. I sometimes feel that I write too much and that I'm being a bother to the person on the receiving end.  I try my best to stay on topic, but sometimes I just can't help myself and type a bit lot more than I should.  Woah, my parents hit me on the back for slouching, too!  Though in my case, it's usually my mom worrying about my posture and slapping me on the back, saying things like how I'd look taller if only I'd straighten up.  And it's awfully kind of you to say something like that; perhaps we would be really good friends if we ever did meet.  Oh yes, that's right, it probably was because of your username. I remember looking it up, because I thought it was a rather unique name, be it your real one or just something that sounded nice.  Is there any special meaning behind it?

Ah, sorry for tempting you like that, haha.  I probably won't be talking about Sm4sh for a while either, just because I won't be able to play for a while.  It would still be a fun game even if you don't have anyone else to play it with.  The online modes, both For Glory and For Fun, can be really entertaining (as long as your Internet connection is solid) and there are a ton of things to grind for.  Whether it's custom moves or equipment or costumes for Mii Fighters or music or trophies, there are a ton of rewards attainable only through the single player modes.  You can even attempt to clear all the Challenges, which will probably keep you really occupied.  And playing 8-player smash with 7 computers isn't all that bad, haha.  It's strange though, have most of your friends seriously never heard of Smash before?  I was exposed to it at an early age when my parents and their friends had parties together and all the kids, young and old, huddled down in the basement together to duke it out with Melee and then eventually Brawl.  Most of my friends have not only heard of the game but have played it.  However, it would still be really great if you got Mario Kart 8, especially with all those extra tracks you can get with the DLC.  When's your birthday?  Maybe you could ask your parents to get you a Wii U as a present then?  Speaking of presents, did you ask for or get anything nice for Christmas?  I actually only wanted to run a Slack Off/Nasty Pot set because they were hard moves to get on an Infernape, given you had to level up a Chimchar to 39, which was something I never got around to doing, not even for fun.  I considered giving my Beautifly Roost, but decided that I would run out of PP way too fast.  Since Bug Buzz and Psychic were my only good moves, and would only total to 32 PP together with the use of PP Ups, I decided that a solo speed run would be rather difficult, especially when I faced the Elite Four.  Not to mention, I didn't really want to waste that many PP Ups on a Pokemon with such terrible IVs.  The moves I think I've settled on are Bug Buzz, Psychic, Giga Drain (as a bit of coverage as well as a pseudo Roost replacement) and, believe it or not, Gust.  My Beautifly is a monstrously high level (thanks to a Lucky Egg I had traded over from Pearl) and Gust OHKOs most everything.  If I ever run into some trouble, the other three moves can easily take care of it.  This way, I have a ton of PP to spare and don't have to waste a Roost TM or a couple of PP Ups.

Geez, I haven't been on a cruise since middle school myself.  Gosh, I'd like to take a trip on one again.  Road trips aren't so bad, haha.  I've somehow trained myself to be able to play video games in the car with only mild discomfort.  On a good day, I'm even able to read manga without feeling sick.  My parents are actually terrible drivers; they always brake and accelerate too fast.  Road trips through places with a lot of natural beauty are really amazing.  Are you familiar with the Adirondacks?  They're a mountain range in Upstate New York, and they're gorgeous.  Just a quick Google Image search and you'll know what I mean.  Driving through those mountains in any season, though autumn and winter for me personally, can really put your mind at ease.  Also, the American southwest is equally as beautiful though in a different way.  I've mentioned somewhere that I prefer the winter and dislike the summer, but southwestern summers are surprisingly mild.  It's dry enough that they don't receive much rain or have any mosquitoes, but not dry enough that you're hot and uncomfortable.  Also, there are a lot of ideal stargazing spots out there, haha.  My family and I traveled there three summers ago, and I enjoyed myself more than I thought I would.  The vast expansiveness of the land occasionally dotted with small, tight-knit towns is really something you can't find on the east coast. Though you're right in saying most flights usually don't provide free movies, the ones that do are actually really fun and cozy.  My family vacationed to China two years ago, and on that flight there were some surprisingly decent movies, like Cloud Atlas. I binge-watched movies the entire flight, pausing only to use the restroom (I ate my meals while watching the movies; there was no time to waste).  I ultimately ended up watching more cheesy Asian dramas than anything else, but it was all for free and my parents weren't able to bug me about doing work, so I'd take it over most summer break days.  Hm, even though you say your trip to Florida wasn't all that exciting you'll probably look back on it fondly in due time.  Even the dullest of travels are memorable in their own right.  Your parents sound crazy strict about Japanese stuff.  I'm surprised you managed to even get into anime and and Japanese related video games as much as you have. Ohh, so you're also Chinese, aha, that's cool.

Mhm, I'm hoping for the best when it comes to college apps.  I actually just received a request to have me interviewed at a nearby Starbucks by a representative from one of the universities I applied to.  Aw geez, I've never been interviewed in this way before, so I'm really anxious about it.  I thought after apps I wouldn't have to stress anymore, but looks like I can't quite relax just yet.  And as for my selection of amiibos, I actually chose them because they kind of resemble certain characters from Fate/stay night, haha.  When it's summer time and you hopefully find the time to watch both Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, you'll know what mean.

Thanks for those tips!  I'll keep them in mind when trying to find time for playing them.  I'll probably get around to Cave Story first, whenever that will be.

I feel the same way when I go off on tangents, lol. There's a rarity of people willing to talk about this kind of stuff so it's really nice to have someone listening on the other end of the conversation. I actually have no idea how I came up with my username. I was sitting in my bedroom one night trying to think of a one and "Kenzi" popped up somehow. It just...happened. I also remember looking it up at one point because I was absolutely dumbfounded--I don't know anyone named Kenzi or what inspired me to create it. Regardless, I'm happy with it at the moment--though I feel like I might look down on it when I'm older thinking that it's "childish" or something since I tend to do that a lot. So what inspired you to come up with your username? Is there a reason why you changed it? Hopefully I'm not prying too much; I was just curious, haha.

Nah, I'd rather save myself the trouble and just get the 3DS version. Using the 8-player feature with only CPUs just feels like an added insult to injury because of the fact that I have no friends to play it with, haha. I only have a few friends who've heard of Smash but they're my guy friends. The rest are more fascinated by stuff like Alex from Target, which is really a shame. That's funny. I also first discovered Melee during a house party my parents attended. It's probably what influenced my sister to get Brawl. My birthday is on July 31st so it's going to be a while before I can even think about asking my parents to buy me anything. I'm also planning on attending a summer program around that time so it's not likely I'll ever get around to asking them anyway. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever asked for anything on my birthday or for Christmas (except for maybe my DS). I've never liked receiving gifts or even compliments for that matter. I always have trouble showing gratitude so I tend to stay away from situations that can put me in that predicament. I think the only reason I was able to muster up the courage to ask my parents for games in middle school is because of how badly I wanted them (plus, I wasn't as busy back then so I don't think this was a problem for them either). Despite how badly I want Smash, ORAS, and MK 8, my parents would probably scoff at me if I asked them, then tell me that I'm too old for games now. Either that, or they'd argue that I'm too busy. All the more reason to binge on games when I head off to college, I guess. I was thinking you'd want a Slack Off Infernape in order to save money on Hyper Potions or Full Restores. I don't think Nasty Plot or any stat boosting moves are too great on Infernape since it's basically a glass cannon--it probably won't have many opportunities to set up. Roost can max out at 16 PP, which isn't too bad in my opinion (even if Beautifly is more frail then Infernape). You could always stock up on Hyper Potions and Full Restores if HP is an issue or go to the Pokemon Center if you'd rather save your money. if PP is an issue, Elixrs and Leppa berries can help (although it's probably best to save them for the Elite 4). Then again, I've never done a solo-run before so you can take this "advice" with a grain of salt. Geez, never in my life have I heard of Gust being used actively on a high-leveled Pokemon before. I find it a little amusing, haha. I can only imagine how awful these problems might be when navigating Mt. Coronet.

I still can't do anything in the car no matter how hard I try. My limit is around 15-20min of reading before I get sick. I'm about as efficient as a rock afterwards so my lazy butt just sleeps if time permits. I've never visited the Adirondacks, but it's definitely on my bucket list now (thank you based Google Images). I've never been to southwest US before either. I've always had this misconception that it's just a bunch of hot, barren land (I know, it was a really bad generalization, lol), but lately, I've been wanting to visit the Grand Canyon. I love stargazing. I can't do it where I live since the stars get drowned out by light pollution. I tried doing it in Yellowstone over the summer, but my parents and sister told me it would be a waste of time so I never got to fully enjoy it. Last time I vacationed to China was back when I was in middle school. It probably won't be long before I visit again. We didn't have any Asian dramas on the flight though--only typical American movies like Rio (oh, and while we're at it, I always do everything in my power to avoid airplane bathrooms). Asian dramas are a bit strange in my opinion. The only kind my dad watches are those ridiculous "traditional" Chinese shows with flying people in them. The highlight of my visit to Florida this year was catching a wild lizard so it'll probably take a while for the kid in me to fully appreciate the trip, lol. As for my parents being strict about the Japanese stuff, it's not the same for my sister. She has a drawer full of adorable Japanese pencils, pens, and erasers that she never uses. It's usually only her who can manage to persuade my parents otherwise. I, too, am a bit shocked at how much I've been able to delve into Japanese games and anime. However, it's actually because of my sister that I was able to experience this kind of stuff. If it weren't for her, I never would have discovered Smash, Pokemon games, Touhou, or anime like DC (Kenzi might've never existed if it weren't for her). I probably would have turned into a study machine that my parents idealize or even into someone who's unbelievably uncultured. Perhaps I'm over-dramatizing this, but I simply can't imagine how different my life would be if it weren't for my sister. To be honest, I think my sister is kind of like you, but to a lesser extent. I guess you could say she's "retired" from this kind of stuff now. Everything else I've managed to discover branched off of her influence on me so stuff like Steins;Gate, Nichijou, and Cave Story are things she's never heard of.

Congrats on the interview! You're one of the most sensible, level-headed people I know, so I think you'll do just fine! I mentioned this in a previous paragraph, but I'm planning on applying to a summer program so I might not have much time to catch up on anything over the summer. I'll do my best to squeeze in F/Z and F/SN since they seem like really awesome anime. I love battle royales.

• Upvote 1

I feel the same way when I go off on tangents, lol. There's a rarity of people willing to talk about this kind of stuff so it's really nice to have someone listening on the other end of the conversation. I actually have no idea how I came up with my username. I was sitting in my bedroom one night trying to think of a one and "Kenzi" popped up somehow. It just...happened. I also remember looking it up at one point because I was absolutely dumbfounded--I don't know anyone named Kenzi or what inspired me to create it. Regardless, I'm happy with it at the moment--though I feel like I might look down on it when I'm older thinking that it's "childish" or something since I tend to do that a lot. So what inspired you to come up with your username? Is there a reason why you changed it? Hopefully I'm not prying too much; I was just curious, haha.

Nah, I'd rather save myself the trouble and just get the 3DS version. Using the 8-player feature with only CPUs just feels like an added insult to injury because of the fact that I have no friends to play it with, haha. I only have a few friends who've heard of Smash but they're my guy friends. The rest are more fascinated by stuff like Alex from Target, which is really a shame. That's funny. I also first discovered Melee during a house party my parents attended. It's probably what influenced my sister to get Brawl. My birthday is on July 31st so it's going to be a while before I can even think about asking my parents to buy me anything. I'm also planning on attending a summer program around that time so it's not likely I'll ever get around to asking them anyway. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever asked for anything on my birthday or for Christmas (except for maybe my DS). I've never liked receiving gifts or even compliments for that matter. I always have trouble showing gratitude so I tend to stay away from situations that can put me in that predicament. I think the only reason I was able to muster up the courage to ask my parents for games in middle school is because of how badly I wanted them (plus, I wasn't as busy back then so I don't think this was a problem for them either). Despite how badly I want Smash, ORAS, and MK 8, my parents would probably scoff at me if I asked them, then tell me that I'm too old for games now. Either that, or they'd argue that I'm too busy. All the more reason to binge on games when I head off to college, I guess. I was thinking you'd want a Slack Off Infernape in order to save money on Hyper Potions or Full Restores. I don't think Nasty Plot or any stat boosting moves are too great on Infernape since it's basically a glass cannon--it probably won't have many opportunities to set up. Roost can max out at 16 PP, which isn't too bad in my opinion (even if Beautifly is more frail then Infernape). You could always stock up on Hyper Potions and Full Restores if HP is an issue or go to the Pokemon Center if you'd rather save your money. if PP is an issue, Elixrs and Leppa berries can help (although it's probably best to save them for the Elite 4). Then again, I've never done a solo-run before so you can take this "advice" with a grain of salt. Geez, never in my life have I heard of Gust being used actively on a high-leveled Pokemon before. I find it a little amusing, haha. I can only imagine how awful these problems might be when navigating Mt. Coronet.

I still can't do anything in the car no matter how hard I try. My limit is around 15-20min of reading before I get sick. I'm about as efficient as a rock afterwards so my lazy butt just sleeps if time permits. I've never visited the Adirondacks, but it's definitely on my bucket list now (thank you based Google Images). I've never been to southwest US before either. I've always had this misconception that it's just a bunch of hot, barren land (I know, it was a really bad generalization, lol), but lately, I've been wanting to visit the Grand Canyon. I love stargazing. I can't do it where I live since the stars get drowned out by light pollution. I tried doing it in Yellowstone over the summer, but my parents and sister told me it would be a waste of time so I never got to fully enjoy it. Last time I vacationed to China was back when I was in middle school. It probably won't be long before I visit again. We didn't have any Asian dramas on the flight though--only typical American movies like Rio (oh, and while we're at it, I always do everything in my power to avoid airplane bathrooms). Asian dramas are a bit strange in my opinion. The only kind my dad watches are those ridiculous "traditional" Chinese shows with flying people in them. The highlight of my visit to Florida this year was catching a wild lizard so it'll probably take a while for the kid in me to fully appreciate the trip, lol. As for my parents being strict about the Japanese stuff, it's not the same for my sister. She has a drawer full of adorable Japanese pencils, pens, and erasers that she never uses. It's usually only her who can manage to persuade my parents otherwise. I, too, am a bit shocked at how much I've been able to delve into Japanese games and anime. However, it's actually because of my sister that I was able to experience this kind of stuff. If it weren't for her, I never would have discovered Smash, Pokemon games, Touhou, or anime like DC (Kenzi might've never existed if it weren't for her). I probably would have turned into a study machine that my parents idealize or even into someone who's unbelievably uncultured. Perhaps I'm over-dramatizing this, but I simply can't imagine how different my life would be if it weren't for my sister. To be honest, I think my sister is kind of like you, but to a lesser extent. I guess you could say she's "retired" from this kind of stuff now. Everything else I've managed to discover branched off of her influence on me so stuff like Steins;Gate, Nichijou, and Cave Story are things she's never heard of.

Congrats on the interview! You're one of the most sensible, level-headed people I know, so I think you'll do just fine! I mentioned this in a previous paragraph, but I'm planning on applying to a summer program so I might not have much time to catch up on anything over the summer. I'll do my best to squeeze in F/Z and F/SN since they seem like really awesome anime. I love battle royales.

Hm, well for my original username of Meitantei Holmes, I only chose it because I was an inexperienced, green anime watcher and Internets surfer and just went for something that was kinda DC related.  Really nothing special behind it, just sort of pulled it out of nowhere when I needed it.  But then as I began making more user names for more and more sites, I realized that Meitantei Holmes wasn't exactly something that would universally work, so I had to think of a new one.  After considering meaning, length, simplicity, rarity, and matureness, I decided on Akazora.  I got it from mixing the words "akai" (red) and "sora" (sky) in the same way the real words "aozora" (blue sky), "yozora" (night sky), and "hoshizora" (starry sky) are derived from "aoi"/"sora", "yoru"/"sora", and "hoshi"/"sora" respectively.  Though I prefer star gazing to sunset watching, since yozora and hoshizora were both real words and thus common usernames, I decided to compromise on the fake work akazora since "red sky" is always translated as "akai sora".  It's a name that's stuck with me for a while now, and I feel I probably won't change it for a long time, if ever.  It's neither too long nor too short and has a really like "look" to it, with alternating vowels and consonants that physically look nice next to each other, haha.  And don't worry, you're not prying at all.  I'm open to talk about anything regarding me and if there's anything else you want to know about me you can feel free to ask.

I guess you're right in not wanting to invest in Smash for the Wii U, since I suppose if only your guy friends play it then it's not like you'd just invite them all over to duke things out.  It would be kind of awkward, and if I were in a similar situation to yours I'd avoid it as well.  Though I've said some girls I know play Smash, the more I think about it the more I realize not many of them really do.  There's only one I know well enough to call a friend that loves the series, though I think she's starting to grow out of it as she doesn't plan on ever getting the fourth installments.  The rest of the girls I know have only played Smash a few times in their lives, at birthday parties.  They're pretty clueless about it all, as they say things like "What was that game you were talking about?  You know, the one kind of like Brawl?  Super Mario Bros or something...?"  While it makes me want to facepalm, I suppose I can't really blame them for their ignorance and misinformation, since I'm not exactly well versed in some of their interests (whatever they are).  A birthday on July 31st, hm?  I'll do my best to remember to wish you a happy birthday when the date rolls around.  I suppose you'll be 17 then.  And you've never asked for birthday presents?  Gosh, I've asked for so many things over the years,  though recently I realize I don't get birthday or Christmas gifts anymore.  I do receive presents in the form of video games and whatnot every once in a while, but those gifts never correlate to birthdays or Christmases; they sort of happen when there are big releases.  

And I'm going to diverge for a bit, but you say you have trouble showing gratitude.  However, in the other thread when I described my walk home yesterday, I feel like you made it clear enough that you were thankful for what I posted.  And for that, I'll say I'm really glad my post was helpful in some way.  I don't think I did the scene justice with my description and it was far from my best writing, but if it made you de-stress a bit then I'm happy as well, haha.  You definitely didn't seem to be in the best of moods recently.  If there's anything bothering you, let me know.  I know you probably don't want to unload all of your problems on me, and while that's very considerate of you I really wouldn't mind reading some of your rants if you feel the need to vent out.  I'm a senior with college apps done, so I have a bit of extra time on my hands, and I'd be more than happy to help you with anything.  Of course, if it's too personal for you to talk about then it's fine if you don't want to confide in me.  Junior year is tough, but hang in there!  I hope things get better at your end soon.

Ehem, anyway, speaking of Mt. Coronet, I just caught the Dialga last night.  Caught it with a standard Pokeball easy enough given its relatively high catch rate.  It's even Adamantly natured, completely by accident.  I haven't checked its IV yet, though I will.  I must say though, my Beautifly barely had any PP left.  By the time Barry showed up to heal me, I had 2 PP left for Giga Drain with every other move completely dried out, even Gust.  I don't think a Beautifly with Roost and PP Up-ed moves would have lasted very long.  For me, health has never been a problem, so Roost was never necessary.  I also haven't used any PP restoration items yet, which is good since I'm saving them for the Elite Four.  My Beautifly is level 87, if I'm remembering correctly, so it's in a very good place right now.  I've actually only ever solo run once more before with my shiny Typhlosion in SS.  Solo running isn't very difficult; just make sure you have a moveset to cover your weaknesses, enough PP (HP shouldn't be a problem most of the time), and the HM slaves you need.  The run through will be fast and painless.

I'm glad you want to visit the Adirondacks now.  They're severely underrated and unknown considering how close they are to the east coast and a lot of major cities, at least as far as places of natural beauty go.  I've been to the Grand Canyon; it was one of the many stops on our southwest road trip in the summer of '12.  My family and I flew out to Las Vegas, which is actually a very interesting city if you can ignore the occasional advertisements of scantily clad women on the broadside of buses you will most definitely be driving past.  Not a place I'd like to live in, ever, but it's iconic and you might as well use it as a starting place for a road trip.  We then rented a car and proceeded to National Parks such as the Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Grand Teton, and Yellowstone.  Granted, Grand Teton and Yellowstone aren't even in the southwest anymore, but they were worth the long drive up north through Salt Lake City (where we stayed a night) to reach.  Of the National Parks I've visited, I'd have to say Yellowstone is my favorite.  We got really lucky many times there.  There was this one geyser that erupted only once every 1-3 weeks (can't remember its name), and my family and I were right there in front of it when it happened!  Just being in the park on the day that geyser erupted was lucky enough, but to be there at the right hour and minute just blew my mind.  We also caught sight of a bald eagle perched in a tree and took pictures.  Overall, a very fortuitous visit made Yellowstone my favorite, unfair as that is.  That being said, I did prefer the overall scenery of the southwestern states than I did the area around Yellowstone.  My mom occasionally said it was like driving on the surface of the moon, but barren as it was that's what what made it all the more beautiful and appealing to me.  Oh my gosh, you like star gazing, too?  I've never me a girl like you before, in the sense that I've never been able to relate to one as well as you, haha.  Though where I live, which you know is New Jersey if you've been reading the other threads, there's a bit of light pollution from the north east as my town is in really close proximity to New York City, on a really good cloudless night you can see a lot more stars than you'd expect.  At the very least I'm able to spot, recognize, and identify constellations relatively easily.  I even wrote my Common App essay on stargazing, that's how much I love it.  I can share it with you, if you want.  I was actually in a similar situation to yours: the rest of my family is neutral to stargazing and told me it would be better to sleep so I could enjoy the "important" stuff during the day.  Not to mention, it was always just cloudy enough the whole time we traveled to spoil the night sky, which was a bummer.  Regardless, I'll definitely get around to stargazing in the southwest, even if it means flying out there alone and hiking out in the middle of the desert and not sleeping for a few nights.  Ahaha, I'm really determined about this all.

In fact, almost a bit too determined, as I seem to have diverged from the main topic even more than this paragraph was meant for.  I guess when I mean Asian dramas I don't mean it in the sense of what your dad watches, but instead just Asian movies in general.  I watched a few obscure things , but don't really remember them that well.  The only one's whose titles I can remember are Platinum Data and Bayside Shakedown 3, both Japanese movies.  Apparently Bayside Shakedown is a relatively successful television/movie cop humor series, and while I didn't get certain parts of the movie (felt like watching a single DC movie and treating it as a standalone) it was surprisingly kind of enjoyable.  It's weird how your parents are so nice to your sister, or are at least more lenient with her than they are with you.  Though I guess I should be thanking her, because I'm really glad we've gotten to know each other through DC.  Haha, however when you say that your sister is like me "but to a lesser extent", depending on the context I realized it can be interpreted different ways.  Paired with the sentence directly following the phrase and taken to the extremes, it makes it sound like I'm an immature otaku that has not yet moved on and grown up.  On the other hand, if read with the sentence immediately preceding it, it sounds as if you can't imagine how different your life would have been if you hadn't met me, which sounds like some kind of indirect confession (the shippers are going to jump all over this).  Hahaha, but I know what you meant, so it's all fine, I didn't take any offense from it or anything, I just thought it was a curiously phrased few sentences you wrote there.

I just had the interview earlier today.  I got along with the interviewer really well, but I don't think I gave the impression that I really cared about or was interested in the college my interviewer represented.  Eh, it must be because I applied to too many schools.  In fact, we spent more time talking about The Legend of Zelda games than we did about, you know, more important stuff (don't even know how we had gotten off topic, I must have that effect on people).  At the very least the conversation was never awkward and I don't think I came off as unusually nervous or unpresentable.  It was a good experience either way.  Yeah, I know a lot of people who get involved in summer programs and it can definitely get in the way of relaxing over the long break.  And you're probably going to need to go out and visit colleges so you don't over-apply like I did, though I actually spent a lot of time visiting schools, heheh.  I also hope you find time for the Fate series, because it's a very good one.

• Upvote 1