Metantei Kiddo

Competitions

Competitions.  

10 members have voted

1. 1. should we have competitions again in dcw? :P

• sure..
    • nope.
    • i dunno. u decide.

Drawing and writing is all I can think of. =___=;;; By the way, who would be the judges for these competitions?

Good question... :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Maybe we could ask DCW members to be judges or have them volunteer? Because after all, you can't really have a competition without some form of a judge... But we could also vote...

I think vote would be funner. Judges might be more prejudiced. And it'll be a public poll so you can see who voted. No voting for yourself! *nods*

Cool! A Contest! :))

*thinking of a unique contest* All I can think about is eating contest hahaha (joke) :P

But I like having drawing contest ^^

If we had a drawing contest, I'd fail... OOH!! We could have a contest for writing one-shots about a specific subject and character in DC!! :D

For the drawings the person must have possess critical eye and ensure the drawings aren't blur! May the judge pick one with pleasant aesthetic for eye viewing.

I think...

We should prioritize with voting, which is fair because everyone gets equal say. We could have a Top 3 and then list all of the names. The main post would list all of the stories/drawings along with a link to them, which the author/artist would create themselves with a note stating they were entering it in the contest. It'd be best if we created a separate thread for each contest and discussed contest rules on this thread, since it'd make it easier to sort out. Voting would be secret and a week after the competition (so people have time to congratulate the winners), the topic would be locked. That way, you can always easily find the stories/drawings.

So:

FAVORITE STORY/DRAWING

1. Person A

2. Person B

3. Person C

4. Person D

5. Person E

SECOND FAVORITE STORY/DRAWING

1. Person A

2. Person B

3. Person C

4. Person D

5. Person E

THIRD FAVORITE STORY/DRAWING

1. Person A

2. Person B

3. Person C

4. Person D

5. Person E

Something like that. We should set a broad topic or some phrase for the person to use. We should have critiques as well. Maybe instead of judges, we could have critiques who would (after the competition) give complete advice and a rating for each story/drawing. They aren't judges and can't make the final decision, but they can give advice and help. It would be in a PM, of course. Is there anyone who's willing to critique? You don't have to do it for every competition. I think critiques are allowed to critique even when their own story/drawing is entered since they can't override any decisions.

By the way, should we have different categories? Like, comedy, angst, mystery, adventure, horror, etc.? Or should we just have something like a phrase that has to be used in it? Or an object? I could think up have a dozen things that start with cotton candy. :P Of course, that doesn't apply to drawings...

Phew, that took a long time to write out.