Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
CarpetCrawler

The Official Sports Topic

I miss the World Cup... T___T

As for tennis, it's scarily addictive. I remember watching the Venus-VS-Serena-No-Holds-Barred-Grudge-Match at a Spanish restaurant this one time. It was pretty dramatic. XD Although, I do get freaked out when the female players make those creepy man-like grunts when they whack the ball. I heard it's to distract their opponents. Probably works.

That's one thing I mentioned to my brother when we watched. The grunting is just embarrassing to listen to.

The French Open, Indianapolis 500, and the NBA Finals. Is there anything else going on in the world of sports?

/The Heat will win the title, btw. Argh.

That's one thing I mentioned to my brother when we watched. The grunting is just embarrassing to listen to.

The French Open, Indianapolis 500, and the NBA Finals. Is there anything else going on in the world of sports?

/The Heat will win the title, btw. Argh.

you mean dallas, lebron cant hit a basket against them

you mean dallas, lebron cant hit a basket against them

It would be nice if Dallas were to win. Believe me, I'll be rooting for Dallas. I just don't see it happening. I would love to be proven wrong though. sleep.gif

Nowitzki will destroy the ones guarding him

They have a better bench, i will say 4x better then the heat

And if 1 of their 3 superstars does not deliver they will lose 10+ in any game

Its so easy to beat the heat i dont understand how boston and chicago lost by 4-1, that was :blink:

Dallas nor Miami have a great bench. The series is gonna totally depend on if one of the Big 32 (because putting Bosh on the same level as LeBron or Wade is ludicrous) decides to disappear. Let's hope that it happens, but I don't buy for a minute that LeBron or Wade are gonna disappear in this series.

Boston lost because they have no center and are old and tired. Chicago's meltdown was just bizarre.

I'm with you Kid. I don't care about sports. Only the big ones like the Olympics and part of the World Cup. It's kind of pointless to me. 'sides, it's just another distraction from school work. (and I have too many.)

I was going to add a topic like this, its about time

Dallas nor Miami have a great bench. The series is gonna totally depend on if one of the Big 32 (because putting Bosh on the same level as LeBron or Wade is ludicrous) decides to disappear. Let's hope that it happens, but I don't buy for a minute that LeBron or Wade are gonna disappear in this series.

Boston lost because they have no center and are old and tired. Chicago's meltdown was just bizarre.

Honestly, the there is no reason the bulls should have lost. In my opinion the Heat is very overrated as a team. Many of the calls in those games were terrible in my opinion (fouls mostly). Dallas is a older team, but has a lot of three point shooters, and the heat, in my opinion only have the big 2, and hope LeBron hits three's as well. Since the Heat is a little yonger of a team, hold better defense, and is the favored team it seems, i think they will win, but i hope i'm wrong

as for tennis, i love watching it, as well as playing it (because its the only sport i really play) Btw the only Americans still in the French Open is the Brian Bros, which is, well, depressing. :mellow:

Also, whats your thoughts on the NFL lockout?

I find lockouts of any sort to be generally appalling. Millionaires arguing with billionaires. Gee, that's fantastic.rolleyes.gif

Game 1 of the NBA Finals is tomorrow, what's everyone's predictions? Me thinks Miami will take the first one. If there was any game that Dallas had to win in this series, it would most certainly be this one. The best way to knock down the Heat is to catch them completely off-guard. Dallas really needs only two GOOD shooting games to snag this series. Whether that truly happens or not we'll have to see.

I find lockouts of any sort to be generally appalling. Millionaires arguing with billionaires. Gee, that's fantastic.rolleyes.gif

Game 1 of the NBA Finals is tomorrow, what's everyone's predictions?

I agree, i still don't understand exactly why their will be a lockout, the arguments on the players side feels unnecessary.

I predict Dallas will win game one (their seems to be a pattern to this). If Miami wears down the older starters of Dallas( holding good consistent Defense and have a high tempo throughout the game , they have a stronger chance of winning. I hope Dallas covers good D and keep hitting three's, because the Heat isn't a three point shooting team, Dallas will win the battle in the end. Also if Dallas rotates well their Starters will be fresher and more capable of dealing with a high tempo and a higher chance for success. Go Mavericks