Detective Conan World
kaitokid88

Turning back: Conan and Ai's future

th_093.gifShin-chan?

Anyways, it would kinda be defeating the entire purpose that Conan has been struggling over for so long if he didn't turn back. When the series ends, there'll be a lot of fics regarding "What if Conan didn't turn back?" on FF.net for sure. I'm relatively positive that Conan will turn back to Shinichi at the end.

why do you think ai wont

They're isn't anything left for her as an adult except possible prosecution for being an accomplice to the Org. Her family is dead, and she had few friends. As a child she has friends (DB, Shinichi), a family (Agasa), and a new life that isn't full of murder, suspicion, and constant vigilance. She's changed to a happier, warmer person because of it, and she enjoys her life as a child despite the inconveniences of retaking elementary school

you got a poin, but im hoping she will return to shiho.

+ she can have all this as an 18 year old.

The DB can't interact with an 18 year old easily because they won't be around each other much. The law is still a problem; as an adult, she risks prosecution. She could avoid it with a plea bargain, but she would have to face the Org again in court, and she risks being a target for any leftover Org agents/their friends who want to kill her out of revenge or before she can testify. That won't be nice. Also her adult life is already associated with all the bad stuff that's happened.

She's already got a clean start as a child, why does she need to be an adult? The only potential reason I can see is that she likes Shinichi, but she knows Shinichi and Ran aren't going to separate, so there is no reason to put herself through extra sadness by becoming an adult to be around someone who won't love her back.

They're isn't anything left for her as an adult except possible prosecution for being an accomplice to the Org. Her family is dead, and she had few friends. As a child she has friends (DB, Shinichi), a family (Agasa), and a new life that isn't full of murder, suspicion, and constant vigilance. She's changed to a happier, warmer person because of it, and she enjoys her life as a child despite the inconveniences of retaking elementary school

That's true but if she turns back she would still have friends. . .

Shinichi for sure, Agasa aswell and I think she is going to be a "Teacher" for the Detective Boy's or something. . . just like Agasa :'D

Edit: Yeah, you may be correct but I dont think that Gosho will let her be a child.

so true, but shinchan will take down the org. why wont he be a target after for the leftovers, he would have to go testify against them to. Then this is also a reason for him to be a kid ( never will happen )

+ she could hang out with ran and sonoko ( i can not imagine her and sonoko )

sry im just finding some reasons to turn her back to shiho

Personally, I think that if Ai were given the choice, she would choose to stay as a child. Her life as a Black Org member was horrible and being with the kids gives her a chance to start again. Being an adult might lead to being tried in court for being a former BO member. Her life right now is a perfect way to regain her childhood and to, perhaps, enjoy life.

Personally, I think that if Ai were given the choice, she would choose to stay as a child. Her life as a Black Org member was horrible and being with the kids gives her a chance to start again. Being an adult might lead to being tried in court for being a former BO member. Her life right now is a perfect way to regain her childhood and to, perhaps, enjoy life.

Agreed. I can totally imagine her saying that she'd be better off livng as a child and reliving her life again.

AS for shinichi, of course he'd return to his own body! (Which is what I ABSOLUTELY want!) But as to whether it will actually be SHOWN that he HAS returned to his body in the series is not sure. You will never know... Aoyama might just say Miyano Shiho had invented the drug to return to normal and show a glimpse of Shinichi with Ran at a restaurant... or perhaps just revealed that Haibara had found a clue to permanent cure or something. He has a tendency to give HINTS or things IMPLIED and let the viewers imagine themselves what will happen...

no i mean why did alcohol turn him back

<Gosho Science> Haibara never gave a definitive answer but she said that maybe it has to do with containing an enzyme that speeds up cellular metabolism. As to why it worked only once, presumably Shinichi built up an immunity after the first time he took it, and so it didn't work as he was healthy (and thus his immune system normal) </Gosho Science>

Back to topic. I think that it would somewhat defeat the entire purpose of the manga if Shinichi didn't end up turning back...and for some reason I think that Gosho wouldn't be implicit on this one, he'd have a definite ending with ShinRan (most likely case).

Could it be that I still have an old fashioned thinking? I thought so because Shinichi and Ran's relationship was also that way - although it is clear to us through actions and stuff it was never mentioned until a long while later (their relationship was described as childhood friend). It could be that Gosho has decided to come out of his "traditional thinking" and give them a clear cut ending. (Thinking of that, we see that Gosho is getting bolder with his relationship advancement *SatoXTakagi* ok... it seems he's more open than we think)

However, I still believe that there is a chance that the ending would not be very clear since it is very difficult to actually give a "Clear cut once and for all" ending for such a long running series.

Could it be that I still have an old fashioned thinking? I thought so because Shinichi and Ran's relationship was also that way - although it is clear to us through actions and stuff it was never mentioned until a long while later (their relationship was described as childhood friend). It could be that Gosho has decided to come out of his "traditional thinking" and give them a clear cut ending. (Thinking of that, we see that Gosho is getting bolder with his relationship advancement *SatoXTakagi* ok... it seems he's more open than we think)

However, I still believe that there is a chance that the ending would not be very clear since it is very difficult to actually give a "Clear cut once and for all" ending for such a long running series.

I remember them doing something like that in Digimon, with no definite pairings. Still...for the ShinRan pairing it's more likely to be a clear ending. The possibility of it not being so exists, but I don't find it as likely.

I remember them doing something like that in Digimon, with no definite pairings. Still...for the ShinRan pairing it's more likely to be a clear ending. The possibility of it not being so exists, but I don't find it as likely.

Yea I remember Digimon as well...(maybe CCS, Inuyasha etc...) I really hope that it would be a clear ending as well, since Im clearly a ShinXRan fan. Hopefully it would be like what you said, theres a clear ending with Shinichi clearly together with Ran >_<

There is still one problem...Ai shouldn't exist, she won't be able to grow up again if she doesn't suppose to exist. Also Agasa is old now, how long will he be able to live with him? Would she go through college again?