Detective Conan World
kaitokid88

Turning back: Conan and Ai's future

There is still one problem...Ai shouldn't exist, she won't be able to grow up again if she doesn't suppose to exist. Also Agasa is old now, how long will he be able to live with him? Would she go through college again?

The most difficult part will be acquiring papers, but saying she "is not supposed to exist" doesn't mean she can't make a life anyway. Maybe she can claim to have lost the papers, or temporarily return to her adult form and do something about it that way, like claim to adopt child Haibara. Maybe she knows someone from her time in the Org that could forge some for her? Haibara is smart, I'm sure she can manage. Agasa is old, 52, but assuming he has at least an additional 15 years of life left (67), that will mean child Haibara is out of college and can fend for herself, especially since she has already been an independent adult once before. She could go to college again or not depending on her whims.

The most difficult part will be acquiring papers, but saying she "is not supposed to exist" doesn't mean she can't make a life anyway. Maybe she can claim to have lost the papers, or temporarily return to her adult form and do something about it that way, like claim to adopt child Haibara. Maybe she knows someone from her time in the Org that could forge some for her? Haibara is smart, I'm sure she can manage. Agasa is old, 52, but assuming he has at least an additional 15 years of life left (67), that will mean child Haibara is out of college and can fend for herself, especially since she has already been an independent adult once before. She could go to college again or not depending on her whims.

+1

Or maybe Shinichi and Shiho can help each other..... Shiho adopting Conan and Shinichi adopting Haibara Ai.....That is if Shinichi doesn't turn back to his normal body....

As I've said elsewhere, with respect to Ai, I think having her stay in her child form will become untenable once her past becomes widely known (which will happen after key members of the BO get put on trial - when they and Shinichi disclose the effects of APTX-4869, it won't take long for authorities to make the connection between Ai and Sherry). Although I have no idea what the producers have in store for her, what I hope will happen is that she will be paired with either an existing single adult character (Saguru Hakuba has been mentioned by some people) or someone not yet introduced to us (as was the case with Dr. Agasa and Officer Chiba's first loves). If she is somehow prosecuted for her past affiliation with the BO, I hope she hires you-know-who as her lawyer.

With respect to Shinichi, I think the only thing that might possibly prevent him from regaining his original form for good would be some kind of divine intervention against the producers. The reason we haven't seen it happen yet is because the producers want to "save the best for last" - i.e. doing so prematurely would take the air out of the series.

if he would turn into a adult then the series is ove and he coninues to be a child and become adult sometimes then the series would continue

which one do u prefer

I think Conan will sadly become back as Shinichi, pair with Ran and Ai dies when he takes bullet for Shinichi/Conan (depending is has he already became back to Shinichi) when Gin tries to shoot him

He will back in the Final episode.Shinichi Kudo VS Anokata not a Conan VS Anokata.He alive or die in the end.We not know about it.

Isn't it suppose to be Shin vs the Black Org? :P

There is no way Shinichi is going to stay as Conan. Aoyama is a good writer/storyteller, and he's going to know the basic principles of storytelling. The entire thing whittles down to Shinichi defeating the Black Org, (Man versus Man [or many men..]) and getting his body back (Man versus... I have no idea what this qualifies as. Man versus Nature?? Man versus Science? Man versus Fate? I could argue them all, tbh). If he stayed as Conan, it would essentially be ignoring a huge portion of the story, and that means the story actually wouldn't be over. Considering how excellently Aoyama has handled sectioning off cases and whatnot into the pacing that he has, I don't see him not giving it a decisive and clear cut ending. Something this long HAS to have an actual, unarguable ending. Pass Go, get your cookie, save the princess, everyone goes home. Why wouldn't he?

I could have sworn Haibara said she wanted to stay a child to have her second chance, but was that in a movie or something non-canon?

As I've said elsewhere, with respect to Ai, I think having her stay in her child form will become untenable once her past becomes widely known (which will happen after key members of the BO get put on trial - when they and Shinichi disclose the effects of APTX-4869, it won't take long for authorities to make the connection between Ai and Sherry). ...

I have some serious doubts about Shinichi bringing this up in open court. Not only did he most likely break some laws by masquerading as a child, finding out about something that can literally alter your age would cause huge social ramifications, and he and Haibara will most likely try and let that research die. This is assuming anyone believes it if it did come up. Though I wonder, does the Black Org even still have enough evidence of it? Haibara has the disk, did she destroy stuff in the lab? I can't remember if we would even know that. I imagine if any of the Black Org managed to make it alive to court, (that is going to be one huge fire fight, and most of them probably would suicide before surrender), it would mostly be about them murdering all kinds of people, and less about their research.