Detective Conan World

Date's Notebook!!?? Omg...I'm going to investigate

There's not necessarily anything in plain sight that we can find in the notebook right now (trust me, I've tried XD). But according to the full Q&A regarding this issue, Gosho is implying that Takagi still haven't learned about Date's real intention for entrusting him with the notebook yet (i.e it's not just about the ring, or perhaps the ring has a bigger purpose that we don't know). Translation by Spimer (original post):

Q: "Did Detective Date only entrust Detective Takagi with a ring?"

A: "I thought that Takagi checked what was written in the letter and realized about Natalie. His true intention haven't been delivered yet." 

Q: "Would it be good to read too much into it?" 

A: "It is good."

Text at the bottom:

"It'd seem this is the only question that may relate to the Organization". 

All(?) Q&As in one place (special thanks to Ran 5-5 from DCTP Spoiler Cbox for sharing the link): https://twitter.com/conan_anokata

I'm not sure if there's anything important that we haven't covered though.

Q1:青山先生の自画像は梨がモチーフ?

A:あれは茄子。

Q2:鈴木史朗と次郎吉の関係。最初二人は従兄弟設定だが、現在、園子は次郎吉の姪設定。

A:説明がめんどくさかったから,、姪っこにしちゃった。(姪が正しい)

Q3:今の子供達に作品を通して感じ取ってもらいたいと考えているか?

A:夢を持って諦めないこと。

Q4:ジンが乗ってるポルシェの番号はどうやって考えたのか?

A:あれがかっこいいからした。ゴロだとかなんとか思っちゃうけど、ない。

Q5:(伊達刑事について)ナタリーさんのこととか知らないのに、高木刑事に任せたのは本当に指輪のことだけなのか?

A:たぶん高木なら手帳の中を見てナタリーに行き着くだろうと。指輪を渡してナタリーをよろしくってことだった。

Q5追記

まだ深読みしていいってことですね?

そうですね!

Q6:緋色の真相でなぜ優作がアカデミー賞に行かなかったのか?(有希子が沖矢に変装すればいい)

A:身長。赤井秀一と優作は同じくらい。胸を掴まれて見られると予想してる。ブラとか見えたらマズイ。

Q7:コナンと怪盗キッド、どっちが好きですか?

A:どっちも好き。同じくらい。

Q8:赤井さんはなんでいつもニット帽を被ってるのか?

A:好きなんでしょうね。

夏でもニット帽なんですか?

そうですね。

Q9:灰原哀が小さくなる前の、身長や誕生日など公表して頂けないでしょうか?

A:まだ決めてないです。たぶん、エピソードに絡めてくると思いますので。

Q10:佐藤警部補と宮元警部補、白鳥警部の年齢を教えてください。

A:たぶんみんな28?オレのイメージ。由美と美和子は絶対同い年。

チュウキチと同い年ですか?

あーどうなんでしょうね。ちょっと上か、同じかですね。

Q11:コナン君はすごいハードなアクションとかしてますけど、ちょっとありえないかなって動きって?

A:大抵ありえないですね。あのスケボーアクションとかね。キック力増強シューズのスイッチ入れて~

Q12:(鳥取砂丘コナン空港)コナン君と蘭ちゃんの絵で苦労したところは?

A:Tマーク。あと、蘭ちゃんの髪の毛、結んでまとめてるの珍しい。

Q13:平次と和葉は東京に良く遊びにくるが、そのお金はどこから?

A:おかんに貰ってる。和葉も平次も、どっちも親に貰ってる。

(質問者は青山先生の知り合いの娘)次の川中島の4話目?で携帯にその名前が出ます。(偶然)

Q14:ボスのメアドで倉吉の市外局番など、鳥取のこと出してもらったりしてるんですけど、今後はないんでしょうか?

A:倉吉の市外局番は偶然。機会があれば色々出そうと思います。

Q15:青山剛昌が先生がしてみたいコスプレキャラは?

A:白い奴。

Q16:(天国のカウントダウンで)蘭ちゃんだけは10年後は映画の中では見れてない。大人になった姿を見れる機会はありますでしょうか。

A:あ...るかな。あ、あ~ありますね。そういえば。

Q17:キック力増強シューズ、今までダイヤル式だったのが、気づいたらタッチ式になってたんですけど。

A:そうだったの?くるっと回すんだよ。たぶん間違い。回すほうが正しい。

Q18:緋色シリーズでサンデーだと赤井さんの目が開いていたが、85巻だと閉じている。変更した理由は?

A:やっぱ、開いて開けるほうがいいかなと。たぶん、キャメルがかたむき走行している時に赤井は頭を打ってる。

車が傾いてる時、赤井さんどうなってるんですか?

かっこつけてる。

• Upvote 1

I’m just gonna copy-paste the post with the translations here because it’s a new page so it’s easier to see. Some things of importance in here.

Q1:青山先生の自画像は梨がモチーフ?

A:あれは茄子。

Q1: Is your self-portrait based on a pear?

A: It’s an eggplant.

I think it’s referring to this: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/images/0/01/Aoyama_22.jpg

Q2:鈴木史朗と次郎吉の関係。最初二人は従兄弟設定だが、現在、園子は次郎吉の姪設定。

A:説明がめんどくさかったから,、姪っこにしちゃった。(姪が正しい)

Q2: Suzuki Shirō’s and Jirokichi’s relation. In the beginning they were cousins; presently, Sonoko is Jirokichi’s niece.

A: The explanation was bothersome, so I made her a niece. (Niece is correct.)

So I guess in the currrent setting Jirokichi and Shirō are brothers? http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Suzuki_family

Q3:今の子供達に作品を通して感じ取ってもらいたいと考えているか?

A:夢を持って諦めないこと。

The stuff about what he wants kids to get from Conan, to have dreams and not give up.

Q4:ジンが乗ってるポルシェの番号はどうやって考えたのか?

A:あれがかっこいいからした。ゴロだとかなんとか思っちゃうけど、ない。

Q4: How did you think up of Gin’s Porsche’s number?

A: I made it that because it’s cool. *something I don’t understand*

I think they’re talking about the model number 356A: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Cars#Gin.27s_Porsche_356A

Q5:(伊達刑事について)ナタリーさんのこととか知らないのに、高木刑事に任せたのは本当に指輪のことだけなのか?

A:たぶん高木なら手帳の中を見てナタリーに行き着くだろうと。指輪を渡してナタリーをよろしくってことだった。

Q5: (About detective Date) Even though he doesn’t even know about Natalie, is the thing he entrusted to detective Takagi really just that ring? TN: the first part is maybe in past tense “didn’t even know about Natalie”.

A: He probably thought Takagi would be able to arrive at Natalie after looking at the notebook. It was a “I’m leaving it in your care” thing.

From this I don’t see any particular mystery motives or anything to do with the BO.

Q5追記

まだ深読みしていいってことですね?

そうですね!

Q5 postscript: Does that mean it’s ok to read too much into it?

Yes!

This came out of the blue, I don’t get it.

I’ll try to finish translating these later on if no one else has.

Btw there might be something more in this blog, linked in one of those Twitter: http://conan.vivicaru.net/

Edit:

Q6:緋色の真相でなぜ優作がアカデミー賞に行かなかったのか?(有希子が沖矢に変装すればいい)

A:身長。赤井秀一と優作は同じくらい。胸を掴まれて見られると予想してる。ブラとか見えたらマズイ。

Q6: During “Scarlet Truth”, why didn’t Yūsaku go to the academy awards? (Yukiko could’ve just disguised as Okiya.)

A: Height. Akai Shūichi and Yūsaku are roughly the same. They were expecting that their chest would be grabbed for inspection. It would’ve been bad if a bra or something was seen.

Q7:コナンと怪盗キッド、どっちが好きですか?

A:どっちも好き。同じくらい。

Q7: Between Conan and Kaitō Kid, who do you like?

A: I like them both. Roughly the same amount.

Q8:赤井さんはなんでいつもニット帽を被ってるのか?

A:好きなんでしょうね。

Q8: Why does Akai-san always wear a knitted hat?

A: He probably likes it.

夏でもニット帽なんですか?

そうですね。

Even in Summer he wears a knitted hat?

He does.

Q9:灰原哀が小さくなる前の、身長や誕生日など公表して頂けないでしょうか?

A:まだ決めてないです。たぶん、エピソードに絡めてくると思いますので。

Q9: Could you tell us about Haibara’s height, birthday etc. from before she became small?

A: I haven’t decided them yet. Because I’ll probably make it into an episode.

Q10:佐藤警部補と宮元警部補、白鳥警部の年齢を教えてください。

A:たぶんみんな28?オレのイメージ。由美と美和子は絶対同い年。

Q10: Please tell us the age of Satō, Miyamoto and Shiratori.

A: They’re probably all 28? That’s my image. Yumi and Miwako are absolutely the same age.

Miyamoto, written in different kanji on the wiki (should be checked): http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Yumi_Miyamoto

チュウキチと同い年ですか?

あーどうなんでしょうね。ちょっと上か、同じかですね。

Same age as Chūkichi?

Ah, I wonder. Maybe a bit older, or the same age.

Q11:コナン君はすごいハードなアクションとかしてますけど、ちょっとありえないかなって動きって?

A:大抵ありえないですね。あのスケボーアクションとかね。キック力増強シューズのスイッチ入れて~

Q11: Conan-kun does a lot of amazing actions, what do you think are movements that are a little improbable?

A: Most of them. Like the things he does with the skateboard. Activate the kick-enhanching shoes and~

Q12:(鳥取砂丘コナン空港)コナン君と蘭ちゃんの絵で苦労したところは?

A:Tマーク。あと、蘭ちゃんの髪の毛、結んでまとめてるの珍しい。

Q12: (About the Conan airport in Tottorisakyū) What was a hard part in the Conan-kun and Ran-chan picture?

A: The T-mark. Also, Ran-chan’s hair; it’s rare for her to keep them tied.

Best picture of it I could find: http://www.okinawatimes.co.jp/article_images/20150104/IMAG2015010308717_imh_03_r.jpg

Q13:平次と和葉は東京に良く遊びにくるが、そのお金はどこから?

A:おかんに貰ってる。和葉も平次も、どっちも親に貰ってる。

(質問者は青山先生の知り合いの娘)次の川中島の4話目?で携帯にその名前が出ます。(偶然)

Q13: Heiji and Kazuha often visit Tōkyō but, where does that money come from?

A: From their mothers. Kazuha and Heiji both, they’re getting them from their parents.

(The questioner is the daughter of one of Aoyama-sensei’s acquaintances) In the next Kawanakajima, the fourth one ? that name appears in the cellphone. (Coincidence.)

TN: Not sure what this last part means, I think the questioner saw her name in the manga and since she’s the daughter of someone Aoyama knows, she asked if it was on purpose, but it was a coincidence (not sure though).

Q14:ボスのメアドで倉吉の市外局番など、鳥取のこと出してもらったりしてるんですけど、今後はないんでしょうか?

A:倉吉の市外局番は偶然。機会があれば色々出そうと思います。

Q14: The boss’s e-mail address has a Kurayoshi area code, and you’ve told us about Tottori, but will there be any more info in future?

A: Kurayoshi’s area code is a coincidence. If there’s the chance, I plan on revealing various things.

TN: This is hard to translate. The word メアド is a shortening of メールアドレス which means “e-mail address”, but the word 市外局番 in a dictionary says “(telephone) area code”. I tried looking up the word and got here:

http://www.denpa-data.com/annex/telephone/08.htm

This is a list of area codes, and Kurayoshi’s is this:

0858-2x~6x 倉吉 倉吉市・東伯郡三朝町、湯梨浜町、北栄町、琴浦町・西伯郡大山町(旧中山町)

Considering the boss’s number is #969#6261, I don’t know what this all means.

I also asked 2 Japanese people what メアド referred to, if e-mail or SMS, and they both said e-mail. But I don’t really trust Japanese people to understand the western meaning of e-mail.

Q15:青山剛昌が先生がしてみたいコスプレキャラは?

A:白い奴。

Q15: Who does Aoyama Gōshō-sensei want to cosplay?

A: The white guy.

TN: (Kaitō Kid.)

Q16:(天国のカウントダウンで)蘭ちゃんだけは10年後は映画の中では見れてない。大人になった姿を見れる機会はありますでしょうか。

A:あ...るかな。あ、あ~ありますね。そういえば。

The question of whether we’ll see Ran in 10 years from now.

A: There… will there be, I wonder? Ah, ah! There will be. Now that I think about it.

Q17:キック力増強シューズ、今までダイヤル式だったのが、気づいたらタッチ式になってたんですけど。

A:そうだったの?くるっと回すんだよ。たぶん間違い。回すほうが正しい。

The question of the shoes being a dial or touch. Dial is correct, touch a mistake.

Q18:緋色シリーズでサンデーだと赤井さんの目が開いていたが、85巻だと閉じている。変更した理由は?

A:やっぱ、開いて開けるほうがいいかなと。たぶん、キャメルがかたむき走行している時に赤井は頭を打ってる。

Something about Akai having his eyes open in a chapter of the Scarlet series, then closed in the one right after. Aoyama thought it was cooler a different way so made it different in the next chapter, nothing important.

車が傾いてる時、赤井さんどうなってるんですか?

かっこつけてる。

When the car goes on two wheels, what’s happening to Akai-san?

He’s looking cool.

TN: Not sure about this translation, but nothing important anyway.

• Upvote 2

Thanks a lot Alaktorn ^^

In the DCTP forum there are 2 questions translated, that I didn't see here:

From Spimer:

source: http://hello.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/wcomic/1418037043/l50

it's actually that text:

tumblr_nhpnik69I11tzmps3o1_500.jpg

"First red box:

Q: "Who's the smartest of them? Sister outside the domain, Jodie, Miyano Elena, Vermouth" --> Miyano Elena
A: "Miyano Elena is the smartest. Since she's creating an incredible drug."
Q: "Regarding Vermouth and ?'s voice."
A: "Vermouth's disguising skills are incredible, anyway."

Second red box:

Q: "How about you write an extra chapter/s about Haibara?"
Showing either: when her parents were alive, when she was in America, her relationship with Gin when she was in the Organization, after the last episode --> Her relationship with Gin
A: Before announcing the correct one, Aoyama said that because "Everyone (choose) what they were interested into" then the remaining ones should all guess that that "relationship with Gin" is chosen. The respondents (people to reply to) don't decrease.

Sorry if this second segment feels confusing to read: Aoyama's answer and the ensuing description are somewhat complicated."

• Upvote 2

Not exactly interview but here are some of Gosho's postcards (J > C > E translation): http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3605249009

1. "Btw, Amuro will appear in the movie next year!" ;
2. "Sera and Haibara both like the same person, hence their showdown/confrontation." ;
3. "Jodie-sensei's love story... What will be of it? (laugh) Please wait." ;
4. "Sera and Akai will meet again! Probably... (laugh)" ;
5. "OK, I will tell you about the Boss........... NOT~~~~!! (laugh)".

• Upvote 3

2. "Sera and Haibara both like the same person, hence their showdown/confrontation." ;

Wait what.

yeah this is weird right?And I thought their confrontation would be about something important,apparently I was wrong...

More postcards from Gosho: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3605281077 (to move between pages, right click and choose open in new tab). Note that the translations are very brief, so there might be minor errors on my part. If you can understand Japanese, it's better to check them out for yourself. Also those already translated above will not be posted here:

• Sera is (Conan's) ally, not an enemy. [Though looking at the postcard, I think it just says she's an ally. 世良ちゃんは味方です!]
  • Gosho likes Inuyasha (in the Inuyasha series).
  • There will be some writings about ShinRan and KazuHei, however the exact details are hidden by the fans so it could be anything.
  • A film where the Kudou family gathers/comes together [According to Fuji btw, I couldn't make out the translation. Also Gosho didn't say that he'll definitely write that, he just said that so far it hasn't been done yet.]
  • Ran will surely have a happy ending.
  • "It's 'Kichi-nii'!" [no context here, probably talking about Sera's brother.] 
  • Boss is not Sonoko and the DB.
  • James is not the boss, Vermouth is not his wife either.

Some more here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3609362212

• Gin will also appear in next year's movie.
  • "It's bluish purple (laugh). Actually, Conan also has bluish purple!" [Again, no context here. I don't know what the hell that nonsense was about...]
  • Doesn't know when MK volume 5 will be released yet. Kaito's hair will be suitably messy a bit. [Again, don't ask me what that means...]
  • "I don't think Conan has known Kid's identity yet..."

EDIT: Missed one.

• Upvote 2

omg...OMG, It's basically Officially announced that it will be a BO movie...

...and not a Secret Police movie with only Bourbon involved ^^

!!!!!!!

Gin will participate!!!  :o:D

I think you missed this:

Sera and Akai will meet again… maybe. (laughs)

About the Kudō film, he just said “I’ll think about it”. It was probably mentioned to him by the fan.

Another said “I wanna see Akai’s revival animated soon.”.

I saw a few images with a lot of Japanese and got a headache so I didn’t try to translate them, but what’s this one? http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/3862f6246b600c330c4e83c41e4c510fd9f9a18c.jpg

“「Boss」 It is known that in the BO there is a boss that they call “that person” (ano kata). He has never revealed (or simply appeared?) himself in front of Conan, the name and gender are also a mystery. The only thing that is known is that when you type his mail address, the song Nanatsu no Ko will play out.”

I wish Japanese wasn’t that ambiguous, or that I knew it better.

I think you missed this:

Sera and Akai will meet again… maybe. (laughs)

I've already translated this in the previous post.

Another said “I wanna see Akai’s revival animated soon.”.

Oh yeah, not that it's important anyway :P

I saw a few images with a lot of Japanese and got a headache so I didn’t try to translate them, but what’s this one? http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/3862f6246b600c330c4e83c41e4c510fd9f9a18c.jpg

“「Boss」 It is known that in the BO there is a boss that they call “that person” (ano kata). He has never revealed (or simply appeared?) himself in front of Conan, the name and gender are also a mystery. The only thing that is known is that when you type his mail address, the song Nanatsu no Ko will play out.”

I wish Japanese wasn’t that ambiguous, or that I knew it better.

We've been discussing that back in the SDB60+ translation. Aside from the postcards and the latest M19 news, all of the stuffs there are old news btw (at least as of this moment).

• Upvote 1

We've been discussing that back in the SDB60+ translation.

Forgot about that. Looking up the phrase on a dictionary actually just says “appearing” rather than “revealing oneself”… http://www.jisho.org/words?jap=sugatawoarawasu&eng=&dict=edict

Edit: this one also says “to make the true state clear” though, which could be understood as revealing oneself. http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/jn2/7391/m0u/

Uhm, I guess it could be ambiguous. I understood it as it was translated at first. Literally it’s basically “James is not the boss, the wife is not Vermouth either”.

• Upvote 1

Just saw this at the Cbox, more postcards: http://dcdp.de/index.php/Thread/114-Interviews-mit-Gosho-Aoyama/?postID=4238#post4238

TheDetective: "Scotch is not Date" confirmed

K o r: Another postcard from Gosho: "Akai's father is unfortunately already... it's a secret!"

K o r: Another: "He (Kid) may not be a part of the final confrontation with the org."  
  • Upvote 2