Detective Conan World
hopes

Conan x Ayumi

Dont Double post plzz since all of the members are working hard to get a lot of posts

Okay. XD

Sorry about that. That was before. Now i know what to do to now double posts.

I don't know how long it's been since this has been posted on- but I have to say that I prefer AyumixConan over ALL other xConan couples. :grin:

To me it's more interesting and it seems like Ayumi has more in common with Conan than Ran or Haibara does. I won't cry if he ends up with Ran (because, sadly that's what it looks like it'll be) but I certainly will write Gosho an angry letter if he doesn't at least close off AyuCon well. :ugeek: Ayumi deserves JUST as much support to be with Conan as Ran or Haibara does and I think it's honestly kind of silly to say that just plain out "No, no she can't be with him because he already belongs to...". It's called irony, people. LOL :lol: JK.

It seems like the only reason people don't support them (they don't have a larger fanbase) is because they're 10 years apart- which makes NO difference in their pros. What is the difference between a 30-year-old and a 40-year-old? 40 and 50? 50 and 60? :smile:

She likes soccer, he likes soccer, he likes mystery, she likes mystery, he'll run off to solve a case, she will too. Their morals match perfectly and it's been hinted more than once that Conan may return the feelings. 8-)

Conan obviously cares for her and she definitely cares about him.I see no reason not to support them. :)

it's been hinted more than once that Conan may return the feelings. 8-)

I think Ayumi's crush on Conan is cute, but I have never seen any hints that Conan will ever reciprocate her feelings even a little. Conan is nice to her, worries about her general well-being, and is protective of her in danger, but he doesn't do anything that indicates that he has more than a purely platonic friendship with her.

I think Ayumi's crush on Conan is cute, but I have never seen any hints that Conan will ever reciprocate her feelings even a little. Conan is nice to her, worries about her general well-being, and is protective of her in danger, but he doesn't do anything that indicates that he has more than a purely platonic friendship with her.

Well, GOSHO hints it rather. What other reason would he constantly be making Conan grab her by her shoulders and grab her hand and things like that? XD Conan can just talk for heaven's sake, he doesn't need to physically put his hands on the girl! XD And I didn't hear him complaining when she laid her head down onto his shoulder. :mrgreen: He just smiled! :grin:

Conan even is made fun of by Haibara, much like she teases him about Ran, about having possible feelings for Ayumi. This is most noticeable in episode 140- and it's in my signature. XD

What reason would Gosho have for doing this when Shinran is the "canon couple" and Conan doesn't like her? I'm betting that it's because Conan will eventually feel a little closer to Ayumi and thus send us into a newer part of the story still unexplored. :)

they are the cutest pair so why not. but conan have to stay a kid then

They are, aren't they? x3

Yeah. And I hope he does- but if not then Gosho BETTER split them into freaking two. :mrgreen:

hmmmmm I really don't think it will happen Conan and Ayumi's personalities are just to different.

So are Shinichi's and Ran's. So are Conan's and Haibara's. XD

And no relationship comes with two pairs of pants. :grin: Ayumi has a personality that would call for a man that can protect her and love her- Conan can be that man. :mrgreen:

Not to mention personalities are just one thing. They have way more in common moral wise, interest wise, and career wise than they do differences. XD

And Ayumi is still a child who has not had the chance to mature yet- her personality will most likely change in due time.

So are Shinichi's and Ran's. So are Conan's and Haibara's. XD

And no relationship comes with two pairs of pants. :grin: Ayumi has a personality that would call for a man that can protect her and love her- Conan can be that man. :mrgreen:

Not to mention personalities are just one thing. They have way more in common moral wise, interest wise, and career wise than they do differences. XD

And Ayumi is still a child who has not had the chance to mature yet- her personality will most likely change in due time.

You have a great point there. I agree there is room to mature there and if Shinichi doesn't end up with Ran than he will most likely end up with either Ayumi or Ai in the end. Although that is very unlikely considering he has already (kinda) confessed to Ran that he likes her and the whole series seems pointed in the direction of the Shin/Ran relationship. Don't get me wrong though I'm actually a CoxAi fan more than a Shin/Ran fan I'm only trying to think logically.

You have a great point there. I agree there is room to mature there and if Shinichi doesn't end up with Ran than he will most likely end up with either Ayumi or Ai in the end. Although that is very unlikely considering he has already (kinda) confessed to Ran that he likes her and the whole series seems pointed in the direction of the Shin/Ran relationship.

My thought process leads me to believe that Gosho plans on separating the two. :mrgreen: Why would he make Ayumi up to have a crush on Conan? He wouldn't do it just because it's cute- because if it WERE for that reason why would he give Ayumi character development revolving around her relationship with Conan such as episode 313 or episode 12 or episode 140 or episode 136? If I were him if Ayumi were just there to be cute then I wouldn't give her a serious scene revolving around her relationship with Conan. And then he also proceeds to further his friendship with the DB in that one episode 404 (I think). It would be too sad if he ripped Conan away from them and just tried to make it all okay and dandy because "Shinichi is still friends with them- even though he isn't a detective boy anymore and Ayumi doesn't care about the boy she cares for so dearly CHOOSING to walk away from her! :D". If he ends it that way he's getting very angry fan-letters and group of people on strike outside his house.

There may be another chance for AyuCon yet. :)

honestly conan's personality don't fit with anyone well maybe sera but not ran or ayumi

I think Ayumi's personality would kind of fit with Conan's albeit different.

• Upvote 1

one rep for you :-D

I hadn't really thought about it like that, but you have a great point. Ripping away there friendship would be harsh and cold because even if he does end up turning back and still be there friends it wont be the same. I wonder how Gosho plans to deal with the detective boys when or if Shinichi turns back?

one rep for you :-D

I hadn't really thought about it like that, but you have a great point. Ripping away there friendship would be harsh and cold because even if he does end up turning back and still be there friends it wont be the same. I wonder how Gosho plans to deal with the detective boys when or if Shinichi turns back?

Thank you! x3

I hope he covers it well. Far too many times have characters I really liked ended up being barely acknowledged in the end as if they weren't important at all. The least he could do is make sure that all of their feelings (like Mitsuhiko's crush and Ayumi's crush) have been tied and there are no loose ends. The ending makes the story and if he leaves them to just be "Those kids he used to hang out with that he still does hang out with just not as much" then I will hate DC. Period. No exceptions. To me, it doesn't matter what happens to the rest of the characters if he leaves such a huge gap like that in the character development I will hate DC. :-|

And I agree. It wouldn't be the same if he were still friends with them as Shinichi. It would feel FAR more like a sensei and student relationship and I would HATE that. DX

Thank you! x3

I hope he covers it well. Far too many times have characters I really liked ended up being barely acknowledged in the end as if they weren't important at all. The least he could do is make sure that all of their feelings (like Mitsuhiko's crush and Ayumi's crush) have been tied and there are no loose ends. The ending makes the story and if he leaves them to just be "Those kids he used to hang out with that he still does hang out with just not as much" then I will hate DC. Period. No exceptions. To me, it doesn't matter what happens to the rest of the characters if he leaves such a huge gap like that in the character development I will hate DC. :-|

And I agree. It wouldn't be the same if he were still friends with them as Shinichi. It would feel FAR more like a sensei and student relationship and I would HATE that. DX

I agree at first the shonen tantei annoyed me, but they have really grown on me and I would hate it if their relationship was destroyed with Shinichi it would just be cruel.

I agree at first the shonen tantei annoyed me, but they have really grown on me and I would hate it if their relationship was destroyed with Shinichi it would just be cruel.

First it was Ayumi that captured my fangirl instinct then it was Mitsuhiko... Genta I'm still sitting on the fence about. XD

But in short they're my favorites and I'd hate to see them pushed aside just because they're kids. :( That's another reason why I try and spread AyuCon and MitsuAi wherever I go- it's underrated because they're kids! D:

Whenever I get the chance I defend the DB. :)

...... Has anybody started a topic for them? XD

Not generally. There is a thread listed for them about what will happen when Shinichi and (maybe) Haibara leave.

So I wouldn't get in trouble if I started a topic on just THEM alone, right? XD

Well, AiCon ftw! http://adf.ly/3o70p

I don't think so. She has shown no real interest in him and he obviously has had no real interest in her so far. XD Ayumi has already established that she likes Conan- she has LITERALLY stated "That's why I love you, Conan!" before. And while people here in America say that all the time to their friends in such, if you throw that together WITH her kissing him on the cheek, and hugging him, and crying over him, and getting jealous then it shows she has romantic feelings for him. Conan has been hinted to have romantic feelings towards Ayumi in episodes before. If Conan didn't have romantic feelings for her in any way at all then why would Gosho explore Ayumi's feelings the way he does through Conan grabbing her by her shoulders or grabbing her hand or comforting her OR BY HIM CALLING AYUMI BY AYUMI INSTEAD OF AYUMI-CHAN IN HIS HEAD?! :grin: lol

If you wanted Ayumi to mean nothing to the protagonist romantically or just be there to be cute then why in the world would you see a reason to further push their relationship in these ways?

Haibara has been hinted to have feelings for Mitsuhiko.

You know what? Take a look at these videos. You'll see what I mean. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T9mZOOy1NI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQiKcwBjov0

Haibara and Conan would not be good together in my eyes. They don't share the same morals, first of all. Haibara, if a man walked into a bank in front of her, robbed it and killed somebody on the way out, would simply call the cops and play it safe. CONAN, however, would run RIGHT AFTER that penniless (or now that he robbed a bank very rich) murderer and knock him down. You see, Ayumi would do the same thing as Conan and follow him while Haibara would no. This makes Ayumi more compatible moral-wise than Haibara to him. Ayumi and Conan would raise a child to believe they should chase after that criminal. Haibara and Conan would raise that poor child to be confused and misguided. XD They wouldn't know WHAT to do or WHO to listen to if a somebody robbed a bank and killed someone in front of them. Listen to Mommy or listen to Daddy? Hmmm....? That would tear the poor little thing apart! (Unless, of course, he/she already HAS a favorite which would not be a good sign...).

Now to the second issue with AiCon- Conan would be reminded of being poisoned, shot, knocked out, the fear he felt and all the lies he had to give and all that he was forced to leave behind whenever he's with her. I don't think he'll ever be able to see her as a romantic partner when she, on some level, RUINED HIS LIFE. Ayumi, at least, resembles Ran in a very strong way such as her popularity, her morals, her looks, her fears, and her reactions. He would probably get more of a nostalgic feeling and not feel like he lost as much. He would still be reminded of it every once in a while, but Ayumi is not a PRIMARY SOURCE of his pain like Haibara is.

Now, to the third point. Haibara ALSO has very little in common with Conan. Besides soccer and being shrunk and living in fear out of the same organization, they have NOTHING. Haibara, while once temporarily interested in detective work, ultimately chose science. Conan doesn't CARE for science although it is needed to be a detective. If he didn't need it to do his job he'd probably have no interest in it. Once they both got home neither would be all that interested in their work. Ayumi as well is interested in detective work so that gives you a clue as to future jobs she may take up. For all we could know Conan'll be a private detective and she'll be in Sato's spot. XD