Detective Conan World
Akazora

Read Any Good Books Lately?

The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan :)

I NEED that book... >.< But I'm also hesitant on reading it, considering it's the last book. I shall remain ignorant and keep pretending No, it's not ending :P

Hmm... I (re)read The False Prince a while back. I love that book so much :D

Was that for Lit. Circles? O.o

No - I read Ashes of Roses for literature circles.

Ties That Bind was my first choice but since I didn't get it I decided to read it on my own.

No - I read Ashes of Roses for literature circles.

Ties That Bind was my first choice but since I didn't get it I decided to read it on my own.

I got Ties That Bind, and it was okay. The characters were really plain (and the prologue spoiled the ending...). Is Ashes of Roses good?

I'm reading The People of Sparks. The theme is... Wow.

I got Ties That Bind, and it was okay. The characters were really plain (and the prologue spoiled the ending...). Is Ashes of Roses good?

I thought Ties That Bind was pretty good - but it could have done better.

Ashes of Roses was pretty good, too. Again, it could have done a bit better.

I'm reading Triple Pursuit: A father Dowling Mystery by Ralph McInerny. It's pretty good so far.

I also rented a copy of Cut by Patricia McCormick today. I haven't gotten the chance to read it yet, but on what I've read about it, it seems like a pretty good novel.

Mentioned this before, but at that point I had only started this book: A Farewell to Arms by Earnest Hemingway.

This shouldn't even belong here, since this is a thread for "good" books not average books.  AFtA was average at best.  It peeked at chapter 9 out of a total of 41, which was unfortunate.  It's more of a cringe-worthy love story than a war novel, so read it with your expectations in check unless you want to be disappointed.  The two main characters were nothing to speak of, unless you want to consider Catherine as one of literature's most poorly written "yanderes".  The ending was also terribly predictable, and it evoked absolutely no emotion from me.  Well, I did stop yawning by the second half of the last chapter, but at that point it was already too late.  Okay, scratch average, this book was below average and dances very close to bad.  I was never a fan of Hemingway's style to be honest, so I might be biased.  I don't recommend you read it unless school forces you to.  

Although it's not a novel, but a short story, All Summer in a Day. It's written beautifully, with a rather sad ending, for something that's only five pages long.

Reading The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

That book is awesome.  Though I was probably impressed by it more than I should have been because it was a bit of a dark horse book and I came in with nearly zero expectations for it.

Although it's not a novel, but a short story, All Summer in a Day. It's written beautifully, with a rather sad ending, for something that's only five pages long.

Oh yeah we read that in English class again this year.

It's really good but it has such a cliffhanger T-T

I wish it were a whole novel. I would read it.

Oh yeah we read that in English class again this year.

It's really good but it has such a cliffhanger T-T

I wish it were a whole novel. I would read it.

If it counts as anything, I watched the film adaptation. Needless to say, they ruined it.

If it counts as anything, I watched the film adaptation. Needless to say, they ruined it.

Yeah we watched that in class too.

It wasn't that bad in my opinion, but they did change it a lot.

Yeah we watched that in class too.

It wasn't that bad in my opinion, but they did change it a lot.

People were yelling at it for the whole 20 minutes it was playing. That last scene made so many people face palm.