Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

Was Shinichi's 'weird' habit when playing the violin ever revealed?

Original Post here by Kyuuketsuki

To those wondering about Shinichi's habit... It has nothing to do with the notes as GinRei thinks, the notes themselves are played on key and in tone. That has nothing to do with the "style" of playing, she would have said he played it wrong if that were the case. What Shinichi does is shift his bow slightly, this is common among some people that are still learning. Generally all it causes is lack of smoothness and refinement. If you listen to his version and the real violin version you'll note the choppiness of his version. That, in essence, is the base of his strange habit. I should note that shifting the bow results in that, I cannot confirm based on the anime if that is truly the case, but it is the only habit that I can think of that would cause such an difference, other than the beginner mistake of improperly lifting the bow (which is also possible, but i think less probably based on Shinichi's experience with the violin.
  • Upvote 1

Eh, I see... Thanks.

Does anyone find it kind of a coincidence that Sharon Vineyard looks similar to Jodie? Just curious.

@ Vi Graythorn

This probably don't help anything, but Thai is stiil to the dubbing, I we believe we are at about 400-500 episodes.

@ Akakata

The writer did that on purpose because he want us to think Jodie is Vermouth to trick the readers.

@ Akakata

The writer did that on purpose because he want us to think Jodie is Vermouth to trick the readers.

not only that, but you'll also notice that he had a limited number of faces he was using for a long time, so it's not so uncommon for some characters to look similar... although in this situation, User4869's explanation is probably a little more accurate

I hav no Q..

Since I watched all ep and all movies.. And everything magic kaito,magic files,ova,wii game..

I was about to ask U who's akako Bfor I knew who,s she when akakata or ako-chan told me!

Thanks chekhov-San...

But no way okiya is akai !! XP << just saying (:

Later!!

I have a question about some rumors:

1. The identity of the Boss will shock Ai: This rumor is probably the most famous in the fan-community, but I never heard of it in any of Gosho's interviews. Is it possible that this information was stated somewhere else, or just a pure rumor ?

2. Araide will investigate about Vermouth and get himself in trouble: Same question for this rumor. It is less widely spread than the other one because not many people seem to know about it.

1. The identity of the Boss will shock Ai: This rumor is probably the most famous in the fan-community, but I never heard of it in any of Gosho's interviews. Is it possible that this information was stated somewhere else, or just a pure rumor ?

2. Araide will investigate about Vermouth and get himself in trouble: Same question for this rumor. It is less widely spread than the other one because not many people seem to know about it.

I can't seem to find any interviews confirming or denying these two rumors. But my opinions:

1) Possibly

2) No.

I have a question about some rumors:

I have looked into both because I have heard both of them before. The 1st has been attributed to the Volume 19: The Case Closed Casebook, but unlike the "boss's name is somewhere in the manga" interview, I never got a quoted source for it. For 2. I first saw it here, but never got a source for it, but maybe this should narrow down places it could come from? At this point it seems like a dropped plot unless Gosho wants to use it after the Bourbon arc.
  • Upvote 1

I can't seem to find any interviews confirming or denying these two rumors. But my opinions:

1) Possibly

2) No.

I have looked into both because I have heard both of them before. The 1st has been attributed to the Volume 19: The Case Closed Casebook, but unlike the "boss's name is somewhere in the manga" interview, I never got a quoted source for it. For 2. I first saw it here, but never got a source for it, but maybe this should narrow down places it could come from? At this point it seems like a dropped plot unless Gosho wants to use it after the Bourbon arc.

Thanks for answering :)

Hmmm, I was wondering... Did Conan -Or anyone ,really- ever use the Tracking Glasses gadget in front of Akai?

Pretty close to yes.
Akai Shuuichi could have heard about the glasses in several ways. The first source is when James Black was kidnapped while he had Ayumi's detective badge. Conan used the badge to track down James Black. James was waiting to meet with Akai before he was kidnapped and drove away with Akai after he was rescued. Akai could have also heard about the tracking function from Jodie when Conan chased after Kir to prevent an assassination. Finally, Akai may also know about them from when Haibara borrowed the glasses to find Conan at the shipping yards at the climax of the Vermouth arc. He was present at the time and would have seen Haibara wearing them even though she has never worn glasses when Akai had seen her previously.

Quoted from the Okiya is Akai theory wiki article.

I know this is pretty obvious, but... Aoyama-sensei sure likes childhood friends, doesn't he? I mean, besides the obvious ones, there's been quite a few more.

I was just thinking about how Agasa, Chiba and Shiratori all had childhood friends/lover interests. Do you think there's any meaning to that?

I was just thinking about how Agasa, Chiba and Shiratori all had childhood friends/lover interests. Do you think there's any meaning to that?

They're all members of the BO? :P

I think it's doesn't have much importance, or because Gosho likes childhood relations.

I know this is pretty obvious, but... Aoyama-sensei sure likes childhood friends, doesn't he? I mean, besides the obvious ones, there's been quite a few more.

They're all members of the BO? :P

I think it's doesn't have much importance, or because Gosho likes childhood relations.

Lol.

Childhood relations are probably the easiest way to make a story, which is probably why Gosho uses them so frequently. It makes sense that everyone's liked/loved someone at a certain point in their life and it's easier to work with the past rather than right now since that would mean taking a detour from the main plotline.

okay 2 question

the FBI knows Ai is sherry, but doesnt noe conan is shinichi?

and another which is not DC realated more DCW

how much ppl do the translations at DCTP

FBI, exclude Akai, know Haibara is known as Sherry to the BO. But they don't know Shiho Miyano, therefor cannot connect the dot that she is a shrunken people and cannot connect it with Conan. (By the same point, Akai know who Haibara is, therefor likely know Conan is a shrunken people, and if he's Subaru, He should have know Conan is Shinichi).

The second question should be ask at DCTP, but I doubt you will get a straight answer, since they keep a "teamwork" front intact and likely avoid to mention each person contribution.

Has it ever been said when exactly did Sharon Vineyard start her acting career ?

Datewise no, but we know both her mother and father supposedly died in a fire on the day Sharon debuted on screen. We can make some backwards assumptions and assume Sharon pretended to have Chris (age 29 now) around 25 years old, and debuted around age 20 which would put her debut time at about 34 years prior to the current timeline.

In any case all the info we know about Sharon Vineyard and her supposed family history is on the Vermouth wiki page.