Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

Tottori is Prefecture in Japan which

Located the place where we dialed with the number of the Boss. Conan hear it from Vermouth in 345 but figured it out in 387

He know Vermouth is a master of disguise. At first, He though that guy was Vermouth and couldn't understand why. We learn later that it was because the number he calling close to the boss number.

Okay. Thanks. :D So he thought it was Vermouth 'cause the number sounded like the Boss'... Understood.

This is VERY off-topic, and I feel like I shouldn't ask. But why is there only one episode of Magic Katio when the manga's been around for more than twenty years?

Another on-topic question: What does the BO actually do besides kill people?

This is VERY off-topic, and I feel like I shouldn't ask. But why is there only one episode of Magic Katio when the manga's been around for more than twenty years?

It's on topic because it's DC related. That Magic Kaito anime episode was a special which is "a part of" Detective Conan. Kaito Kid didn't become popular because of his own manga, it was his appearances in DC that launched his character. They aren't really animating them in earnest although more episodes might come out. I heard a rumor about something this summer. Take a look in the anime subforum for more info.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be any info on this in this forum. Try here: http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=6647.0

Another on-topic question: What does the BO actually do besides kill people?

If you are talking about how they get money, they blackmail people, steal it directly, as well as recruit investors for their projects. BO members who are high ranking in non-illegal companies (like Pisco) may also funnel money to the BO; Pisco's BO division is "fundraising" according to official guidebook Conan Drill. There was a case involving information about gold the BO may have had.

Besides operations and supplies, Conan suspects they use a lot of their money for research projects, including APTX and getting programmers to make programs for them (like Itakura). You can find more information at the BO wiki page or take a look at theories in various forum threads like "Black Organization's true plan".

• Upvote 1

*question*

is Gin even human???

tranquilizer doesn't work with him... :unsure: :unsure:

It work with him, just not the full effect because he shoot it out. He has Vodka help him too.

Regarding Kid, Next month we will have two MK anime episodes that base on MK manga. And another 2 episodes base on DC manga but involved Kid.

MK manga isn't that long. the manga indeed been around longer than Conan but has a huge hiatus between them. We only have 4 volumes of MK if I remember correctly.

More random questions :D :

1. Why is Gin the only one to have a scar on his face (under his eye) after being shot by Akai ? Many characters have been shot or got injured on the face through out the series (Sherry was shot by Gin, Conan's face was injured a few times, Vermouth was shot by Akai, Ayumi got boiling curry on her whole body...) but why only Gin has the scar ? Don't tell me that it is some kind of "mark" which Gosho purposely drew on his face to indicate their serious hatred/rivalry ?

2. Has it ever been explained in canon that Conan and Ai's terrible immune-systems (the fact that they got ill a lot) has something to do with APTX-4869 ?

3. In File 597 - Vol 57 (don't remember the exact episode), how could that Nakamichi guy (the one who hid Eisuke) didn't recognize Jodie ? He's from Ran's school too, right ?

1 I think your speculation is right.

2 No

3 Plot-hole. teacher as attractive as Jodie must be recognized. Considered she taught in Ran class. therefor Shinichi's and that guy class.

More random questions :D :

1. Why is Gin the only one to have a scar on his face (under his eye) after being shot by Akai ? Many characters have been shot or got injured on the face through out the series (Sherry was shot by Gin, Conan's face was injured a few times, Vermouth was shot by Akai, Ayumi got boiling curry on her whole body...) but why only Gin has the scar ? Don't tell me that it is some kind of "mark" which Gosho purposely drew on his face to indicate their serious hatred/rivalry ?

Besides the obvious Gosho wanted it to scar, it was probably deeper damage than most other characters injured in the face received. In the manga there was a bit of blood and if you look closely you can see glass was also involved in the cut as well as the bullet.

2. Has it ever been explained in canon that Conan and Ai's terrible immune-systems (the fact that they got ill a lot) has something to do with APTX-4869 ?

It depends on the timeframe you look at. If you assume everything is happening in less then a year, they get sick a lot. If you think about it from the perspective that 15+ years of seasons have gone by, they don't get sick that often, once a year or less on average.

3. In File 597 - Vol 57 (don't remember the exact episode), how could that Nakamichi guy (the one who hid Eisuke) didn't recognize Jodie ? He's from Ran's school too, right ?

Jodie was facing backwards by the time he looked up? (at least in the manga)

Yes, but wouldn't it be weird if someone from your class suddenly showed up and said "I need to hide somewhere in this hospital! Please help!" Hm? Wouldn't it be strange?

Has Conan/Shinichi ever had a canon birthday?

I mean, at the end of movie 1 it was his birthday. But has there been any manga case where it was his birthday?

Has Conan/Shinichi ever had a canon birthday?

I mean, at the end of movie 1 it was his birthday. But has there been any manga case where it was his birthday?

no movies r non-something so wat ever happens doesnt count

2 be specific shinichi changed into conan less than a year for all episodes

1) wats a locked topic

2)is it okay 2 put parts of an episode like part 1 then part 2

1 The loked topic is a topic you can't post in, due to staff feel the post should be stop.

2 Don't understand the question, do you mean put part (not full) of episode on youtube or this site?

no movies r non-something so wat ever happens doesnt count

2 be specific shinichi changed into conan less than a year for all episodes

1) wats a locked topic

2)is it okay 2 put parts of an episode like part 1 then part 2

1) A locked topic is one where posting has been disabled. Basically the thread is closed.

2) Posting of full episodes as one chunk or in parts is not allowed because lawyers threatened the site before (which is why the watch section doesn't work). Clips of episodes that show specific scenes or compilations of scenes are OK because those aren't full episodes. AMVs are OK too.

Also, let me remind you guys that this thread is for questions about Detective Conan, not the Detective Conan World website itself. If you have questions about DCW or how it works, please ask on the Issues and Feedback subforum.

Do you have Detective Conan Season 9 here? I'm stuck on season 8. TIA!

Search for the videos on youtube if you don't want to search anywhere else for them.

eh.....

who does live in kudo's house now???

and haibara says that he is a part of the men in black?( please tell me about him?????)

Hi ! Welcome to DCW... :P

His name is Okiya Subaru, and Haibara sensed that he is from the Black Organization. Gosho Aoyama has strongly hinted that he is the Organization member Bourbon. However, his true identity is still unknown.

There is a discussion thread about him:

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/59-okiya-subaru/

does this whole show take place less than a year?

if yes how, assuming that each episode is one or two days then the show should of been a year around episode 380

does this whole show take place less than a year?

if yes how, assuming that each episode is one or two days then the show should of been a year around episode 380

this show isn't real world... but i am sure it is taking place in only one year but the everything evolves except the characters...

The timeline is the most serious plot-hole in whole series. It doesn't make sense in any way. Anyway, I don't think 1 year has even past yet, because Conan's still in grade 1.