Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

without posting spoilers...how much is the Detective Conan manga different from the anime/vice-versa?

Earlier there are a lot of differences. The anime botched several plot related cases like the Shinkensen Bomb case (episode 5, manga 33-35). Gin and Vodka really appeared in that one in the manga and Conan learned their codenames. The anime also badly botched The Strange Person Hunt Murder Case (Episode 13, Manga 13-16). In the manga, Akemi was killed by Gin who also appeared with Vodka. The episode had to be redone in 128.

The detective boys were introduced later in the manga (Manga 17-19, Episode 20 A Haunted Mansion Murder Case) so they didn't appear in several cases where they were shown in the anime.

Another difference is the ordering of the cases.

The anime also censors some things including some blood and injuries.

The anime got a lot better about sticking to the manga by the time the Vermouth arc rolled around but even now there are some differences and clues they overlooked. All things listed in spoilers HAVE been made into anime episodes

The anime missed a vital clue in the Vermouth arc (the borders of Jodie's pictures).

The also did Akai's death slightly differently. The manga had some differently drawn blood trails and the anime doesn't show Akai's face which means critical clues are missing.

In the anime, they repositioned Scar Akai's hand and gun in the Teito bank heist so you could still see he scar after the duct tape was ripped off. In the manga, scar Akai's face was in shadow and the gun covered the place on his face where the scar would have been, allowing for a mask.

There is a thread in another forum that lists more.

Because of the changes, the result is that the anime is considered less canon than the manga by fans. It also means that arc solving (Vermouth, Kir, Bourbon) requires reading the manga because the animators get stuff wrong or change scenes, creating contradictions.

At DC volume 37/38, Conan encounterred the thieves on his way to meet Vodka. After putting the male thief to sleep, he used the ball projecting belt to create an enormenoous ball..... Why was it able to stay long enough until Megure came although Agasa said that it can only stay for a few seconds before deflating? thanks...

At DC volume 37/38, Conan encounterred the thieves on his way to meet Vodka. After putting the male thief to sleep, he used the ball projecting belt to create an enormenoous ball..... Why was it able to stay long enough until Megure came although Agasa said that it can only stay for a few seconds before deflating? thanks...

Maybe it's because he took the belt off and left it in the car attached to the ball, so it kept the ball from deflating? If so, that is the most impressively compact air inflation pump I have ever seen because I think it would need a much bigger canister of compressed air in order to keep inflating the ball long enough for Megure to arrive. :|

But the belt pumps air in at a quite impressive speed.... And with that speed, it will not be able to fit in the car after a minute or two.... causing it to burst. Oh well, I guess that Aoyama is also a human being.

P.S. How did Agasa explain about the tranquilizer and the belt to Megure....???? lol

In the early episodes of DC, i noticed that sometimes Conan uses Sonoko as a medium like when he uses Mouri during explanations about the method of the killer and the revelation of who the killer himself/herself.

does it make sense to use Sonoko? she's not a renowned detective or anything. and what if Conan used Ran?

In the early episodes of DC, i noticed that sometimes Conan uses Sonoko as a medium like when he uses Mouri during explanations about the method of the killer and the revelation of who the killer himself/herself.

does it make sense to use Sonoko? she's not a renowned detective or anything. and what if Conan used Ran?

For the Sonoko part, this link should answer your question.

As for Conan knocking out Ran, it's bound to happen.

First time, he aim for Ran but the dart hit Sonoko so he has to use her. He did worry about his secret but Sonoko turn out to be as narcissistic as Kogoro.

I was reading the tranqulizer darts page and it says this:

"To render him unconscious so that he will be apprehended. Unknown to Conan, Gin shoots the spot on his arm to force the dart out."

I remember that episode, but I am curious on how Gin knew it was a tranqulizer dart? I don't really remember, but did he start feeling tired and then shoot himself or did he shoot himself right away?!?! Agasa being part of the BO conspiracy much?

First time, he aim for Ran but the dart hit Sonoko so he has to use her. He did worry about his secret but Sonoko turn out to be as narcissistic as Kogoro.

Sonoko is pretty much: "WOW I SOLVED A CASE IN MY SLEEP! I MUST BE A FREAKING GENIUS!"

I was reading the tranqulizer darts page and it says this:

"To render him unconscious so that he will be apprehended. Unknown to Conan, Gin shoots the spot on his arm to force the dart out."

I remember that episode, but I am curious on how Gin knew it was a tranqulizer dart? I don't really remember, but did he start feeling tired and then shoot himself or did he shoot himself right away?!?! Agasa being part of the BO conspiracy much?

Partly because Gin's so bad-ass, and partly because of his wits and possible BO training. I don't think that's good ground for Agasa = BO.

I think he starts getting tired first, BTW.

oh wait now i remember. i was wondering why he would aim for Sonoko. thanks for reminding me that he was aiming for Ran. i srsly forgot that.

He downd on his knee, Vodka ask if something happen, then he shoot the dart out with his gun. This lead people to believe that BO member practice themselves to withstand certain about of drug since Vermouth is showed to perform similar feat.

Sonoko is pretty much: "WOW I SOLVED A CASE IN MY SLEEP! I MUST BE A FREAKING GENIUS!"Partly because Gin's so bad-ass, and partly because of his wits and possible BO training. I don't think that's good ground for Agasa = BO.I think he starts getting tired first, BTW.

He downd on his knee, Vodka ask if something happen, then he shoot the dart out with his gun. This lead people to believe that BO member practice themselves to withstand certain about of drug since Vermouth is showed to perform similar feat.

Ahh ok thanks guys. I need to rewatch that episode.

I have 2 questions.

1. Can anyone explain the meaning of the "XXX" email that Vermouth wrote to Gin ?

"Can you tell me please, Gin ? Do you believe in heaven ? You must say coldly 'It's not like you to be so silly'. Until we lift our glasses filled with rotten Sherry, please find the answer. I can't wait... Chu chu chu... blablabla..." - Vol 34.

I don't understand a word of what she wrote (not that I inderstand anything that Vermouth said). Why did she want Gin to find "the answer" before they could "lift their glasses filled with rotten Sherry" ? What was that supposed to mean ? And by "answer" did she mean for the believing-in-heaven-question or for the meaning of "X" ???

2. About Shinichi's appearance in Magic Kaito. Was it before he got shrunken, or sometime during the current timeline of DC ?

1 Vermouth like to tease Gin. In ep 230 she invite him to mix martini (have sex) with her, which Gin is annoyed. This time, she give him 3 kiss. And by this, Vermouth explain to viewer the question Jodie asked and make us believe Vermouth's the same person with Jodie.

You may say coldly

She ask him if he believe in heaven, because Vermouth herself met an angel (Ran). And by refer to "rotten Sherry" she implied that she close in on Haibara (Sherry)

This will make Jodie's words about Rotten apple has difference meaning to viewer (think they're the same, but Rotten apple is Vermouth but rotten Sherry is Haibara)

2 it never stated, I once ask the same question in DCTP and receive answer "it is not DC canon" which I agree.

Refer to question number 9

1 Vermouth like to tease Gin. In ep 230 she invite him to mix martini (have sex) with her, which Gin is annoyed. This time, she give him 3 kiss. And by this, Vermouth explain to viewer the question Jodie asked and make us believe Vermouth's the same person with Jodie.

You may say coldly

She ask him if he believe in heaven, because Vermouth herself met an angel (Ran). And by refer to "rotten Sherry" she implied that she close in on Haibara (Sherry)

This will make Jodie's words about Rotten apple has difference meaning to viewer (think they're the same, but Rotten apple is Vermouth but rotten Sherry is Haibara)

2 it never stated, I once ask the same question in DCTP and receive answer "it is not DC canon" which I agree.

Refer to question number 9

Thanks for explaining !

Another question, do we have threads that discuss Haibara's parents (I mean about themselves, not their project nor how they died) ?

i have only one question:

why can't kogoro buy his own car?i think his detective agency is doing well...

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

It has never been made clear (or has it ?) He probably spent all the money on beers, cigarettes, horse-racing, gambles...

He know Vermouth is a master of disguise. At first, He though that guy was Vermouth and couldn't understand why. We learn later that it was because the number he calling close to the boss number.

• Upvote 1