Detective Conan World
Southpaw

voice actors

I was just wondering how everyone feels about Kogoro's new actor, Rikiya Koyama. We've now seen two episodes with him, and while he's certainly no Kamiya-san, he does seem to be gradually easing into the role... I didn't really like him at all in the first one, but he's growing on me a little after the second one.

thoughts?

I've also heard that he's filling in the role of Akira quite decently after a few episodes now.

I personally haven't got the chance to witness his performance as of yet but I hopefully will sometime soon.

yeah, in fact, i haven't really caught up with the anime series until recently but a long time ago (like a week or two), i learned (through surfing conan wiki) about Kogoro's new voice actor. At first, I too, was like "NOOO! What have you done to Kogoro???!!" -- it was too low and serious sounding, more than Kogoro's previous seiyuu. But then the new voice is slowly easing into Kogoro's role so, i think i'm okay with it now.... i just don't hope there are anymore seiyuu changes in the future (like with mitsuhiko and shiratori). ^^"

Mitsuhiko's VA was changed back to its original VA after a brief absence, due to the original VA's pregnancy, I think. Shiratori's VA change couldn't be helped, as the original VA died.

The english dub has the same problem. Inspector Nakamori's original VA died, so now they have a new one.

Well, I kind of agree with you guys about Kogoro. Comparing the new one with the previous, he sounds more serious and as said, low, compared to the last one who sounded drank (almost all the time he talks). xD

When I first heard Kogoro's new VA, I thought the voice was weird and I didn't like it at first. But after watching the other episodes, I got used to it. :P

I like Kogoro's first voice actor better. It suits his personality. Sometimes, the new and old sounded a bit similar. Why did they change his voice actor anyway?

I like Kogoro's first voice actor better. It suits his personality. Sometimes, the new and old sounded a bit similar. Why did they change his voice actor anyway?

Contract negotiations didn't work out, and they didn't feel like negotiating anymore with him, so even though he said he would indeed take less money in the end to continue playing the role of Kogoro, they got rid of him.

Contract negotiations didn't work out, and they didn't feel like negotiating anymore with him, so even though he said he would indeed take less money in the end to continue playing the role of Kogoro, they got rid of him.

They could've saved some money if the continue using him... and fans will definitely like it more.... Weird people...

I haven't heard the new one yet. I don't really keep up with the anime. I guess I'll just watch the newest OVAs or movies to find out.

I love Akira Kamiya in several of his roles (Kogoro Mouri, Ryo Saeba, Kenshiro, Shutaro Mendo, Tadashi Daiba...) but I think Rikiya Koyama also does a pretty good job (even though he plays the character very differently).

Other than that, who do you like to see as Masumi Sera's voice actress ?

I have some ideas of actresses who could play an androgyne character:

-Megumi Ogata (voice of Shinji Ikari in Evangelion and Yukito in Card Captor Sakura)

-Maaya Sakamoto (voice of Hitomi Kanzaki in Escaflowne, Mari Illustrious Makinami in Evangelion and Aerith in the Final Fantasy VII saga)

-Aya Hisakawa (Kero in Card Captor Sakura, Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon and Storm in X-Men)

To be honest I didn't even know that the voice actors were changed for Kogoro until someone pointed it out... So no, I don't really mind him being changed :P

I don't know why I didn't thought about it at first, but Mayumi Tanaka would be perfect as Masumi's voice actress. Her voice sounds a little like Minami Takayama's, which would be good for a female version of Shinichi Kudo.