Detective Conan World
Southpaw

Detective Conan World IRC channel!

Last night, the DCW channel on IRC went live! We are in #detectiveconan on irc.rizon.net

The following are instructions for using three common IRC clients:

windows users:

for mIRC http://www.mirc.com/

when starting up mIRC, there will be a "connect" dialogue box... enter your user info and tell it the server is called irc.rizon.net

after connecting, a window that says "mIRC Favorites" will pop up... type in #detectiveconan in the first field, and click "join"

for IceChat http://www.icechat.net/site/

when starting up IceChat, there's a panel to the left of the window that says "Favorite Servers"... if irc.rizon.net is not listed, click "add new" and type it in manually. It may or may not allow you to set your nickname from here (I don't remember)... if not, there's a button that says "nickname" that ought to allow you to do it

after connecting, type in /join #detectiveconan

mac users:

for colloquy http://colloquy.info/

when starting up colloquy, click on "file" - "new connection"... enter your nickname, and tell it the server is irc.rizon.net

if you choose to show details, there's a space further down where you can add a room to join. click on the "+" and type #detectiveconan

there are other clients available, including ones inside IM clients like trillian and adium... they all basically behave the same. If you find you're having problems, either post here or send a private message to someone who seems to know what they're doing

PS. my name on rizon is KudoRan ...I tried getting Southpaw, but it was taken, and I'm not a fan of adding superfluous characters to my name

Mmm... so you just go there, type in your preferred nickname and... there you are? But, don't you think it's kinda dangerous? I mean... what if there's someone trying to impersonate some of us? By claiming that they are but actually not... causing troubles between our friendship and stuff :(...

There's a system in place to register your nickname. This way, if someone else uses it, after a few seconds or so, they will get renamed to something random.

To register your username, just type the following command (while already having your desired nickname):

/msg NickServ register your_password your_email

Then you will receive an email to confirm your registration. Follow the instructions and you're good to go. :P

The next time you go into the IRC channel, you simply need to login. If I recall correctly, it's something like:

/msg NickServ identify your_password

• Upvote 1

There's a system in place to register your nickname. This way, if someone else uses it, after a few seconds or so, they will get renamed to something random.

To register your username, just type the following command (while already having your desired nickname):

/msg NickServ register <*********> <gkoko@gmail.com>

Then you will receive an email to confirm your registration. Follow the instructions and you're good to go. :P

The next time you go into the IRC channel, you simply need to login. If I recall correctly, it's something like:

/msg NickServ identify <password>

Oh, thank you, Maurice :o

But...

/msg NickServ register <*********> <gkoko@gmail.com>

Where to put the desired nickname :unsure: ?

When you first join the channel, you're asked for a nickname right? That's what I meant. :P Simply join the channel as "OfficerKaoko" (for example) and that's it. You can then run the commands I posted above.

If you're already in the channel and want to change your nickname to something else, use:

/nick SomeOtherName

Let me know if you have any problem. :)

When you first join the channel, you're asked for a nickname right? That's what I meant. :P Simply join the channel as "OfficerKaoko" (for example) and that's it. You can then run the commands I posted above.

If you're already in the channel and want to change your nickname to something else, use:

/nick SomeOtherName

Let me know if you have any problem. :)

Thank you, Maurice :P...

But this is so complicated >,<

Now, first I go in here -> http://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=detectiveconan&uio=d4

Then there'll be a box to fill in your desired nickname... I will put on my desired nickname, then... when I finally get into the chatroom... I follow your instructions and put the following codes in the box :o? Nobody could see it, right :huh: ?

Nope, nobody can see it. At the top of the frame, you should see a "Status" tab. That's where you should look when you do those commands.

Don't forget to add a slash "/" before the line, such as:

/msg NickServ etc....

This way, nobody will see those commands.

• Upvote 1

Right, I should have been more precise. Don't put the < > symbols. In your case Kaoko, it would be:

/msg NickServ register ********* gkoko@gmail.com

• Upvote 1