Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Wiki Mistakes

Hi! ALAKTORN, you wanted to know if "七つ" means "seven-years-old" or "seven (objects)", right? I've consulted the Japanese Wikipedia, and it says this:

『七つ』という言葉が「7羽」を指すのか「7歳」を指すのかは明らかになっておらず[1]、度々論争の種となっている。カラスは一度に7羽もの雛を育てることはなく、7年も生きたカラスはもはや「子」とは呼べないためである。

(It is) not clear whether the phrase "seven (counts)" means "seven birds" or "seven-years-old", and is often a source of debate. (This is) because crows do not raise seven chicks at once, and a crow that lived for seven years cannot be called a "child", either.

As usual, I post the original Japanese so that if I've made a translation error, you can feel free to point it out to me. Also, I take some liberties in the translation to make the English sound nice, since, as Chekhov pointed out, there's no grammar for indicating plurality in Japanese (er, at least it's not used often).

The source of that passage claims this:

ちなみに、この歌の歌詞に出てくる「七つ」というのは、単に「幼い」という意味を含ませた例え言葉であって、「七羽」のことでも「七歳」のことでもないようです。

By the way, the "seven" that appears in the lyric of this song is simply an example phrase meaning "young", and does not seem to mean "seven birds" or "seven-years-old".

On the 可愛い vs. 可愛 (apparently this is read "kah-ah-yih", not "kah-wah-yih") issue, the above website says that the original lyric should be 可愛. The website says that, since the song was composed in an era when hardly anyone knew how to read sheet music or possessed a piano, people memorized the song by listening to records. Once people could read sheet music, people started memorizing the song by sheet music, and if the sheet music was recorded wrong in the first place, then people may have memorized the song wrong. The translation would be rather tedious, so if you want to check my claim, go to the website above.

Anyways, there seems to be some kind of debate over the issue. What's important is what Gosho thinks of the song, I guess.

ALAKTORNさん、日本語お上手ですね。だろーまで使いこなしてますね。@▽@

Despite being Ran Mouri Appearances, information (most if not all of them) in the Manga and Anime sections actually belong to... The Detective Boys: http://www.detective...uri_Appearances

I realize it would be very exhausting to edit this manually from the beginning of the series (considering how many chapters and episodes that Ran was in), but I don't know any faster method. Please help !

P/S: I know this may not be new but nothing has been changed actually. Even if we have to do this one-by-one I will still be willing to spend time on fixing this, but I need help from other members as well.

EDIT: The same happens with Kogoro's page, so this is not new at all mellow.gif

I don't understand what exactly you're saying here.

Most of the files and episodes listed are DB cases. I don't know about the anime, but in the manga, most of DB cases don't have Ran in it (the same with Kogoro). Meanwhile obvious cases that they WERE in (like File 1 and Episode 1) are seriously missing.

Anyway, I'm editing it from the beginning, but since I don't watch the anime, I guess I can only work on the Manga section.

Pay attention to what it says:

"The character appears in all of the chapters except for 216 as listed below."

It is SUPPOSED to list those cases. What the template is doing is subtracting those cases so that it can create the final number. This was implemented by Maurice because it would be painstaking to list all 582 chapters that she does appear in.

So basically, you're messing with the number and putting in incorrect information. Please let me know what other appearance pages you've edited that have this parameter set, because you may have removed information from those as well.

sorry that I have to report it here, but I’m not good with wording things…

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Chocolate%27s_Hot_Trap

“When he poured alcohol onto the chocolate sculpture, instead of producing a controlled flame the entire sculpture burst into flames, knocking Mayuko's fiancé into the shop's back wall. The fire spread onto his clothing and he was unable to escape.”

that’s wrong. I only have my understanding of the raw to back up my claims (my Japanese isn’t the best ever), but I’m certain that it said this: the burnt guy poured water into the sculpture thing, and at the bottom of its structure was supposed to be ice, creating an icy smoke (steam?) to impress Conan’s group; but the woman murderer replaced the ice with *I have no idea what kind of substance* that created fire, which was amplified by *another smoky substance* placed under the table, that after ventilating out of the tablecloth caught fire and amplified the flame

sorry that I have to report it here, but I’m not good with wording things…

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Chocolate%27s_Hot_Trap

“When he poured alcohol onto the chocolate sculpture, instead of producing a controlled flame the entire sculpture burst into flames, knocking Mayuko's fiancé into the shop's back wall. The fire spread onto his clothing and he was unable to escape.”

that’s wrong. I only have my understanding of the raw to back up my claims (my Japanese isn’t the best ever), but I’m certain that it said this: the burnt guy poured water into the sculpture thing, and at the bottom of its structure was supposed to be ice, creating an icy smoke (steam?) to impress Conan’s group; but the woman murderer replaced the ice with *I have no idea what kind of substance* that created fire, which was amplified by *another smoky substance* placed under the table, that after ventilating out of the tablecloth caught fire and amplified the flame

Can't help you there because I have no idea what is going on. I haven't even seen the episode.

then I’ll just reword it to this myself…

When he poured water onto the chocolate sculpture, instead of producing steam, the entire sculpture burst into flames, knocking Mayuko's fiancé into the shop's back wall. The fire spread onto his clothing and he was unable to escape.

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Chocolate%27s_Hot_Trap&diff=66606&oldid=66605

why did S261157 revert my edit? I’ve seen “Murder” used in that template in other pages, so I don’t see how it is wrong

edit: …and why in the world is the latest ED called “Overwriting” instead of “Overwrite”? http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Overwriting

In the Ran article, I think Heiji referred to Ran by her name when he was calling out for her in the Shinigami case(ep. 521). Also, have you noticed that Heiji's page doesn't have a table?

I apologize before hand if I'm speaking out of turn, but I would like to point out that the Mitsuhiko/Ai section has many fragmented and difficult to decipher sentences in its descriptions. I'm not even sure how to edit them myself, and I don't want to muck up someone else's writing impolitely.

I will give some examples if it's preferable, of sentences that appear to be difficult to understand the meaning of.

From Case of the Missing Policeman's Notebook (Episode 276)

"If Genta or Ayumi want to clear up a case, and, besides, give partly big nonsense of himself, is substantially less friendly Ai."

From Mitsuhiko's Mystifying Forest (Episode 289-290)

"During the search for Mitsuhiko Ayumi supposes that he meets another girl on the beach. Ai this doubts; at that time knows or she presumably already anticipates that Mitsuhiko is in love in them. Nevertheless, it is easily put out of tune to Ayumis supposition. It could be maybe jealous Ai?"

From Meiji Restoration Mystery Tour (Episode 518-519)

"A young woman should be kidnapped together with Mitsuhiko. Ai jumps in the car and tries to pull the ignition key to prevent Mitsuhikos kidnapping. Besides, it itself is also kidnapped."

These are just some examples. Again, I hope I'm not being abrasive in pointing this out.

I apologize before hand if I'm speaking out of turn, but I would like to point out that the Mitsuhiko/Ai section has many fragmented and difficult to decipher sentences in its descriptions. I'm not even sure how to edit them myself, and I don't want to muck up someone else's writing impolitely.

I will give some examples if it's preferable, of sentences that appear to be difficult to understand the meaning of.

From Case of the Missing Policeman's Notebook (Episode 276)

"If Genta or Ayumi want to clear up a case, and, besides, give partly big nonsense of himself, is substantially less friendly Ai."

From Mitsuhiko's Mystifying Forest (Episode 289-290)

"During the search for Mitsuhiko Ayumi supposes that he meets another girl on the beach. Ai this doubts; at that time knows or she presumably already anticipates that Mitsuhiko is in love in them. Nevertheless, it is easily put out of tune to Ayumis supposition. It could be maybe jealous Ai?"

From Meiji Restoration Mystery Tour (Episode 518-519)

"A young woman should be kidnapped together with Mitsuhiko. Ai jumps in the car and tries to pull the ignition key to prevent Mitsuhikos kidnapping. Besides, it itself is also kidnapped."

These are just some examples. Again, I hope I'm not being abrasive in pointing this out.

That whole page needs an overhaul. Besides, this is a wiki, so you can muck up anyone else's writing as you please, so long as you make it better than before. No one "owns" the page. If you want to edit and fix it, click the edit button above.

Thank you very much for the permission, I was just making sure it was appropriate to do so. I've yet to reach those specific episodes once again, as it's been years since I've watched most of Detective Conan...I'm currently on 235. Once I get to each episode I'll edit that part of the wiki. Thanks again for the clearance^^

Thank you very much for the permission, I was just making sure it was appropriate to do so. I've yet to reach those specific episodes once again, as it's been years since I've watched most of Detective Conan...I'm currently on 235. Once I get to each episode I'll edit that part of the wiki. Thanks again for the clearance^^

You don't need clearance to edit anything on the wiki -- you just do it. The only exceptions are something like the stuff on the front page, critical templates that would break lots of things if messed up, or user's personal pages.