Detective Conan World

Rum  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rum's identity? (Please Revote!)

• New character not yet introduced (male)
    • New character not yet introduced (female)
    • A known character who has appeared in the manga who is not one of the names listed below. (explain in comments please)
    • Kansuke Yamato
    • Taka'aki Morofushi (Koumei)
    • Hyoue Kuroda
    • Kiyonaga Matsumoto
    • Shuukichi Haneda
    • Chikara Katsumata (Shogi Player)
    • Mary
    • Sakurako Yonehara
    • Kohji Haneda
    • Asaka (Bodyguard from the past)
    • Wakasa Rumi
    • Muga Iori / "Wada Shinichi" (Momiji's butler)
    • Kanenori Wakita
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
  2. 2. Rum's objective?

• Find Sherry (and kill her if necessary)
    • Hunt down the spies within the BO (and kill them if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Shinichi/Conan (and kill him if necessary)
    • Hunt down Akai/Subaru (and kill him if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Masumi (and kill her if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Masumi's second brother (and kill him if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt Mary (and kill her if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt/kill the person posting info about the Haneda Kohji case (and kill him/her if necessary)
    • Investigate/hunt/kill someone else (please explain)
    • Infiltrate the Japanese police (or other law enforcement)
    • Rum is a double-agent and is trying to spy on or damage/destroy the BO
    • Try to overthrow/kill the Boss and become the leader him/herself
    • Try to overthrow/kill another non-undercover BO member
    • Other (please explain)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)
    • (reserved)

Please

1 Don't put spoiler in topic name

2 Don't ask question that there're no clues to answer, then provide no idea youself.

3 Don't spread false information.

needs a poll too, BD...dont tell me you are getting lazy  :o

gender/maybe new character/character inroduced ib the Amuro arc./age ...ect

We don't even have a good candidate to make a poll right now. None of the characters introduced in the Bourbon arc is close to suspicious, except maybe the mysterious child. We also know zero things about Rum to make a rational vote, so a poll would be pointless at the moment. The only thing I can afford now is the gender.

Also, don't push it, even if you're only joking.

Topic now re-opened as the official discussion thread regarding Rum's identity, gender, motive etc.

Should such an important thread really have that OP? lol

I just have a raw thought that this RUM will be the one who will discover bourbon and kir spying in the organisation..

If after this mr gosho put some new characther and it involves bourbon or kir or maybe vermouth,he/she will be the one..heheh

Or we might come across some chapter about kir also,what she doing in the organisation right now..after all,the last part she appeared was during the time she call jodie and warning about the incoming bourbon..

Just some random thought..:3

• Upvote 1

Actually i think that Rum is female.. Because in Haibara Soliloquy of file 898 "Gosho Aoyama's series of short comments that Haibara makes about every manga file"

Haibara said: "Finally, it’s a confrontation with Rum-chan" !!

Chan?! It's well known that chan is most said for women more than men, and old man as "chan" is hard to think *for who said that Rum is James*.. So doesn't that make Rum 60% a woman?

But anyway maybe that soliloquy is only a trick from Gosho so we can't make sure of this ;D

post-26507-0-62005800-1402904713_thumb.j

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/3038-sherrys-soliloquy/page-9#entry319508

Before anyone gets excited and goes make theories about Shuukichi or the girl...   :rolleyes:

This is probably a reference to Lum Invader (ラム・インベーダー), a character from a manga called Urusei Yatsura. According to the Wikipedia page:

• Upvote 1

Actually i think that Rum is female.. Because in Haibara Soliloquy of file 898 "Gosho Aoyama's series of short comments that Haibara makes about every manga file"Haibara said: "Finally, it’s a confrontation with Rum-chan" !!Chan?! It's well known that chan is most said for women more than men, and old man as "chan" is hard to think *for who said that Rum is James*.. So doesn't that make Rum 60% a woman?But anyway maybe that soliloquy is only a trick from Gosho so we can't make sure of this ;Dpost-26507-0-62005800-1402904713_thumb.j
Gosho said I put distilled alcoholic beverage names for men and sweet alcoholic for women like vermouth,sherryso it's impossible that Rum is an woman because what gosho says Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Gosho said I put distilled alcoholic beverage names for men and sweet alcoholic for women like vermouth,sherryso it's impossible that Rum is an woman because what gosho says Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Actually, Gosho never said anything like that himself. It's only a noticeable pattern in the manga.

Gosho said I put distilled alcoholic beverage names for men and sweet alcoholic for women like vermouth,sherryso it's impossible that Rum is an woman because what gosho says Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk Actually, Gosho never said anything like that himself. It's only a noticeable pattern in the manga.
--------------------------------what?go check it here http://meitanteikonanplot.blogspot.com/2014/03/special-post-two-part-1-interview-with.html?m=1
  • Upvote 1

So Fujiwara pointed out it's weird that RUM is always capitalized whenever characters discuss Kir's message. This is strange because BO names are almost always written out in katakana not in English capital letters. Fujiwara suggested that might be because it is an abbreviation or initials rather than the name of a BO agent. It was Akai who assumed that Kir was referring to a BO agent in her three letter message.

As for the BO operative named Rum who is second in command, I imagine he will appear now, regardless of what Kir meant. When Conan or Ai says a BO name it summons them instantly into the plot. I hope this guy is loyal to the BO; Rum is a liquor so he should be a man. There are almost more spies now than there are loyal BO.

• Upvote 3