Detective Conan World
meitanteiconan

When will Detective Conan end?

191 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Conan will end?

According to justwantanaccount's thread: "Aoyama wants to live like a retired person once he reaches Agasa's age"

EDIT: Never mind

The exact words Aoyama used in the full interview was that:

Q:何歳まで現役でいたいですか?

Until what age do you want to stay active?

A:まあできる限り。阿笠博士の年(53歳)までには隠居したいな、とも思いますけど、隠居したらまた漫画描きたくなるんじゃないかって。最初からずっと一緒にやってるアシスタントたちも年を取ってますから大変です。でもチャップリンみたいに「代表作は次回作」って言っときます!

As long as I can. I want to retire when I reach Agasa's age (53), I think, but once I retire I think I'll start wanting to draw manga again. The assistants who've been with me since the beginning are aging, too – there's a lot of trouble. But, just like Chaplin, I'll keep saying “My best work is my next work”!

So he hasn't really decided anything. ^^;

d33561e9.gif

why? well... just before i joined...

i read a Wikipedia article of case closed...

and it said that Aoyama already made the ending in 2007

but he doesn't plan to end the series yet...

could that be true?

I'm thinking that it'll last another 1-2 years. I believe he'd like to continue MK, so he'd have to leave a bit of time for that as well. Personally, I wouldn't mind the series going on longer, but I'd like Conan to turn back into Shinichi for good. Maybe they could have Shinichi solve the cases instead...I don't like "next generation" type of stuff since it's kinda repetitive, unless Shinichi has a daughter. That might be interesting.

yes, he said that he made the final problem a long time ago

wonder what will it be like

Hmm.. i wonder...

I'm thinking that it'll last another 1-2 years. I believe he'd like to continue MK, so he'd have to leave a bit of time for that as well. Personally, I wouldn't mind the series going on longer, but I'd like Conan to turn back into Shinichi for good. Maybe they could have Shinichi solve the cases instead...I don't like "next generation" type of stuff since it's kinda repetitive, unless Shinichi has a daughter. That might be interesting.

Yeah.. girl's point of view... if that will happen...