Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

The Secret Behind Vermouth's Youth!

148 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of Vermouth's youth?

• She took APTX 4869 to get younger
    • She took APTX 4869 to commit suicide and it affected her aging instead
    • She took APTX 4869 as an experiment
    • She was exposed to APTX 4869 on accident and it affected her aging
    • She took APTX 4869 for some other reason
    • She took something else to get younger
    • She took something else to commit suicide and it affected her aging instead
    • She took something else as an experiment
    • She was exposed to something else on accident and it affected her aging
    • She took something else for some other reason
    • Sharon and Chris are two different people so no deaging is involved
    • Vermouth had plastic surgery
    • She used the gem Pandora's tears
    • Vermouth ages normally, she just disguises it really well
    • Vermouth goes through some continuous therapy to keep her aging halted
    • Vermouth naturally doesn't age
    • The brain of the older Vermouth was transplanted into a younger clone
    • Vermouth isn't human (e.g. undead)
    • Something else
  2. 2. How old is Vermouth really?

• 0-19
    • 20-30 (Chris's age = 29)
    • 31-44
    • 45-60 (Sharon's approximate age)
    • 61-74
    • 75-90 (Sharon's mom's approximate age)
    • 91-119
    • 120+

But if the BO already knew, why must they still need to test the drug on mice?

Well Chris Vineyard first showed up at least 3 years before our current story, so I'd assume that's when Vermouth would have taken the APTX 4869. And we all know that until very recently, Miyano Shiho had been continuing to develop/modify/test the drug. So as the drug was altered, obviously you'd need to continue observing its effects.

How could Gin not suspect about that poison's effect? For example you have a friend which was forced to drink a medicine and the next day, you saw him in his teens again. Won't you start suspecting?

But if the BO already knew, why must they still need to test the drug on mice?

Because Shiho is a spy if own.

Well Chris Vineyard first showed up at least 3 years before our current story, so I'd assume that's when Vermouth would have taken the APTX 4869. And we all know that until very recently, Miyano Shiho had been continuing to develop/modify/test the drug. So as the drug was altered, obviously you'd need to continue observing its effects.

...Your assumption is wrong as Sharon Vineyard appeared a year before the current story during the Golden Apple case.

...Your assumption is wrong as Sharon Vineyard appeared a year before the current story during the Golden Apple case.

if the drug was originally ment to kill, and if by chance one mouse did indeed shrink instead of die, would they still give one of their favorite members the pill in hopes of her 'shrinking'? I would think that if she took it, it is either because she wants to suicide or someone wants her dead, but they didn't believe she would only 'shrink' or get younger.

I could have sworn that the Golden Apple case happened two years before the current story. But either way, while they did meet Sharon Vineyard during the Golden Apple case, remember that Chris Vineyard already existed in the world at that time. When they first ran into Sharon, she mentioned that her daughter Chris was already an established actress who was doing much better than her. Becoming a famous actress doesn't happen overnight, so Vermouth had to have become Chris at least a little while before that. Before Sharon was "killed off" for good, I'm guessing Vermouth disguised herself to look like her older self. So the Sharon we saw in the Golden Apple case was probably Chris in disguise. How else could you explain an older and a younger Vermouth existing at the same time?

if the drug was originally ment to kill, and if by chance one mouse did indeed shrink instead of die, would they still give one of their favorite members the pill in hopes of her 'shrinking'? I would think that if she took it, it is either because she wants to suicide or someone wants her dead, but they didn't believe she would only 'shrink' or get younger.

Well, who says the drug was meant to kill? My mind isn't made up one way or the other, but I'm just throwing the idea out there. It seems the members of the Black Organization are mostly kept in the dark about "the big picture", since sharing all information with everyone would make it too easy for the organization to be discovered. Shiho took over the project that her parents had been working on, so it's entirely possible she didn't know the original intent/effects of the drug. Maybe it wasn't developed to kill.

But anyway, on the first page of this topic I considered the problems you mentioned. I suggested that Vermouth might have screwed up a mission, so she was sent to be a guinea pig for their poison (if she died, it would just save them the trouble of killing her). Surprisingly, she got younger, so they opted to keep her alive and around to study how the heck such a miracle had occurred. This idea has a few holes in it, namely that Vermouth went from that low point to being Anokata's favorite somehow. So I started throwing out a few other ideas to see if one sounded better than the other, or if people liked one more than the other. :)

I believe the secret behind Vermouth's youth has something to do with the Organization's true operative. She could be the boss's favorite due to the discovery of something through her youth, which could have something to do with her youth. The reason they're blackmailing people for money and killing people is to gain money for their research and kill those who could possibly reveal the Organization to the world. The science department wouldn't need a lot of people just to create poisons, but it's a science department, which means there's quite a few people in this field. I believe they're working on some sort of experiment behind closed doors while some scientists create poison for the Organization to use. I wonder if all this data hacking, killing, blackmailing, and scientific research is for some kind of experiment that could change the way we live. Vermouth has said at one point, "[we] strive to become gods as well as devils...to go against the flow of time...and revive the dead." Haibara has said she never worked on a dream drug to revive the dead, but, it was also stated that whatever it was, it was something that "most people on Earth would be incapable of"

Also, with the computer software situation, there have been viruses and programs connected to the Organization. Sugaru Itakura, one of the programmers in the Organization, said he quit the Organization out of concern for the fate of humanity. Also, according to certain sources, though I don't remember seeing this in the manga, Gin once had a mission to examine the legend of the mermaid. In Japan, mermaids were said to be mythical creatures, actually considered evil, that could provide immortality. With that, the computer software that could control the fate of humanity, a huge science department, blackmailing for money, and Vermouth's youth, I would say this is all due to them trying to find some way to gain immortality or something like that. Sorry, I went a little off topic, but the main point is I believe she was used for research regarding immortality, which is why the she is the boss's favorite.

I don't believe the APTX 4869 was used on Vermouth, due to the fact if this was to be true, the Organization would figure this out and wouldn't use the drug on people they were killing. They wouldn't shrink them on purpose, because if that were so, it wouldn't take long for Gin to find Sherry, and also Conan could still tell people about what he saw, something the Organization can't risk.

Also, the reason why Vermouth and Sharon could change places is simple; Vermouth could have already done the experiment a long while back (like 20 years ago), then, because of her disguising skills, she could make herself appear older. She may have never shrunk at all, only stayed the same age many years, disguising herself to look older like Sharon, then "killing" Sharon by pretending she was dead and hosting a funeral.

You know the manga "Magic Kaito"? Know that jewel that cries and brings eternal youth? And remember than man in black who was chasing Kaito after that jewel? He looked a LOT like that BO agent from that suitcase-bombing case where Conan went to the game company place.

I think there was a time Vermouth had that jewel, and she drank the tear of the jewel. Remember that Magic Kaito is Aoyama's creation, and he's already brought over MK characters. Put one and one together!

@jebbifurzz if the drug wasn't meant to kill, then why would they want Sherry to make a drug that could kill and not leave any trace evidence behind?

You know the manga "Magic Kaito"? Know that jewel that cries and brings eternal youth? And remember than man in black who was chasing Kaito after that jewel? He looked a LOT like that BO agent from that suitcase-bombing case where Conan went to the game company place.

I think there was a time Vermouth had that jewel, and she drank the tear of the jewel. Remember that Magic Kaito is Aoyama's creation, and he's already brought over MK characters. Put one and one together!

The man in black you're referring to is Snake, and you're comparing him to Tequila, who is dead by the way. Also, Gosho once said in an interview that the Magic Kaito Organization and the Black Organization are not related... but at the same time, Vermouth could have had some sort of situation involving something like the Pandora Gem, the gem in Magic Kaito said to give immortality... it would be an interesting twist, since then Kaito would get involved in all this Black Organization stuff, and then... Conan and Kaito might have to work together if that were to happen! :-D

This is a good idea though, about the idea maybe Vermouth had the Pandora Gem at one point!

• Upvote 1

The man in black you're referring to is Snake, and you're comparing him to Tequila, who is dead by the way. Also, Gosho once said in an interview that the Magic Kaito Organization and the Black Organization are not related... but at the same time, Vermouth could have had some sort of situation involving something like the Pandora Gem, the gem in Magic Kaito said to give immortality... it would be an interesting twist, since then Kaito would get involved in all this Black Organization stuff, and then... Conan and Kaito might have to work together if that were to happen! :-D

This is a good idea though, about the idea maybe Vermouth had the Pandora Gem at one point!

you got a point there...it would really explain about vermouth

Well, I don't really think magic has his place in Detective Conan's universe (even if it's the same universe than in Kaito Kid).

An earlier version of the Apotoxine, why not ?

But maybe it can be an other kind of experiment on the cellules, such as cellular regeneration which could stop the aging of a person.

In the context of scientific experiments of Detective Conan, the cellular regeneration could work as a explaination I think.

What's The Secret Behind Vermouth's Youth?

What do you think the reason behind Vermouth's youth!?

I have a unimaginable guess why she looked younger than her age! Do you want to hear it? Hahahahahahahhahaha! Maybe she swallowed the same drug that Shinichi Kudo and Shiho Miyano swallowed! APTX4869??? Hah! So, what do you think? Discuss it here!

oh? i like it. HAHA! drinking APTX4869! oh, anyway I thnk?? i really think that. why she looked younger maybe? SHE IS NOT A MORTAL ANYMORE? BITTEN by "EDWARD CULLEN". LOL! "nonsense"

but seriously. the black org is looking for something like elixir of life? Like what they discuss in some where in this forum about the true goal of black org. but i can't imagine that there's some fantasy in DC world.maybe she's just disguising herself as a young lady??

oh? i like it. HAHA! drinking APTX4869! oh, anyway I thnk?? i really think that. why she looked younger maybe? SHE IS NOT A MORTAL ANYMORE? BITTEN by "EDWARD CULLEN". LOL! "nonsense"

but seriously. the black org is looking for something like elixir of life? Like what they discuss in some where in this forum about the true goal of black org. but i can't imagine that there's some fantasy in DC world.maybe she's just disguising herself as a young lady??

Akai mentioned that that was her true face...

well i think she took APTX 4869 but not in the same time as kudo but before everything like the first try was on here maybe !!!

or it was the first pill and that what happened but i don't think that she did an operation because she is a big actress as some said but she can if she traveled to a place other than America or japan !!! soo yeah that wat i think !!! :mrgreen:

thanx for the thread

I don't thionk so. Based on my conclusion drawn, drinking APTX 4869 once will make you 10 years younger. So, I think that she just drank it twice or thrice.

I think so Because I believe is APTX 4869.I think Two APTX one like 10 Age young other is kill.

what if vermouth already died before the story began and she had a daughter that took up her name

or she could have just gone to the magical Fountain of Youth

lol. It's really possible that Chris Vineyard killed Sharon so that she can take her place and make it look as if Sharon is Chris though that Sharon is actually her.