Detective Conan World
IdentityUnknown

DCW IRL Version 2.0 Beta (Closed)

Phi silently joined the conversation. "First, let's all calm down, and not make any unnecessary moves.", he said. "Let's sit down, and think about what can we figure out from the current situation". The others nodded at his words and silence has covered the room. Then, Phi started speaking: "First, as I see, we do not know each-other, which means that we're randomly chosen to be kidnapped. With that fact, probability that the motive is money, or grudge because of some event is very low.". "I can't say for sure, but there is a possibility that we could be a group of rats in their lab", he said. An intense atmosphere arose in the room.

Misaki was talking quietly, but happily with Tsukiko when the van stopped suddenly. She flung forward, falling into another person. Before she could apologize, the doors swung open, light filling the once dark place. Immediately, she squinted, the newly found light hurting her eyes. She felt someone grab her and get her out of the van rather roughly. Now while usually she would fight back, it wasn't the best idea to do so when tied up.

Misaki fell to the ground, the small pebbles digging into her arms. Her glasses fell off her face, landing a few inches away from her. Another one of the kidnappers grabbed her by the shirt and pulled her up, before slicing the rope that bound her arms and legs. The first thing she did was grab her glasses and put them where they belonged: on her face. As she stood up and brushed the dirt off of her, she heard a small child crying. Misaki looked at him sympathetically, it wasn't fair that a child that young had to deal with this. A kidnapper grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and shook him roughly.

"Shut up, ya brat!"

A girl, who seemed her age, yelled out, "What the hell, man?! He's a seven-year old! He's scared enough as it is, stop messin' with him!" before kneeing him in the stomach.

"Whaddaya think yer doin', woman?!" He grabbed her shoulder and clenched his fist around her collarbone. Misaki watched in silence, hoping the girl would be ok as she struggled to get out the iron grip, the kidnapper backhanded her across the cheek.

A woman, looking like she was in charge, came over to the two and yelled, "Hey, be careful with the 'goods'!"

After everyone was out of the van and untied, they were led to a room and thrown in. The room reminded Misaki a bit of a prison. The room was dark, the only things in it being a lightbulb and a small window, high enough that no one could reach it. She sat down by Tsukiko, since the blonde was really the only person she knew at the moment. As soon as the door closed, the girl who had stood up for the young boy yelled out, "Hey everyone! Calm down and listen up! Does anyone know what's going on?!" "

"We're just as clueless as you are," another girl replied replied, "But, I'm assuming that they're up to something, and I feel like it's not good, really not good."

"I don't think they're after money, though," the first girl noted.

Girl #2 shouted loudly, "Money or whatever, I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!"

"What's going on here?"

One of the kidnappers, Misaki really wasn't sure which one, came into the room, far from pleased at the outburst. She resisted the urge to face palm while the others glared at the loud girl.

There was a moment of silence as no one gave the kidnapper an answer. "Well?" he continued.

Another beat of silence. Since Misaki saw that no one was going to answer, she took it upon herself to. She calmly replied, "She merely saw a spider. Spiders can be quite scary after all."

The kidnapper looked at her suspiciously, probably not believing her, but left it be. As soon as he left, everyone let out a sigh of relief.

------

Ta da :P

[Edit #2: I just realized something after reading Phi's post]

Sakila wondered for a bit. What is the connection between all of us?

"I can't say for sure," said one of the kidnappees, "but there is a possibility that we could be a group of rats in their lab."

"I'm not sure that's it. If they were looking for lab rats, why cause such a stir? Why kidnap a group of random strangers in a crowded street in broad daylight?"

Edited by Anime Girl 4 Eva

Erru had been walking around for maybe ten minutes when she reached a likely hallway. Two people were on guard there...

One had just come from inside the room, so she caught a glimpse of the interior. There was a large group of kids inside... Who am I kidding, some of them are probably older than me...

With a deep breath, she forged ahead, walking straight up to the kidnappers and addressing them.

"Hey, the boss needs you guys to get some food. We can't have the merchandise starving."

"... And who are you?" the taller one asked. "I'm Amontillado," she lied. "Colt got me in on the job a couple days ago."

The skeptical one rolled their eyes. "He's such a pain sometimes..." Then the two stood, about to leave. "So, what'd he tell you we should get 'em?" Erru thought quickly, coming up with something that would take a while. "He suggested getting something from the market about a half hour from here. That way, with no cameras, there's no tracing."

The shorter kidnapper shrugged, "Sounds good to me. But if we leave, you've got to keep an eye on the brats. We'll have Colt come watch from the outside, and you in the room. Those brats are up to something..."

"Yes, sir." Erru traded places with the criminals, then waited until they were out of sight to enter the room.

She couldn't help but stare at the group, who had stopped talking as soon as she had entered the room... But there wasn't time for that. Constraints would be tough, especially if anyone found out she wasn't part of the group... Which she was pretty sure should have happened already, since they had all seemed relatively intelligent..... well, except Colt.

"Alright, we've got an hour, hour and a quarter, tops, and there's going to be a goon on the other side of that door. If we're going to get you out of here, we'll have to remain quiet and use everything we've got."

She watched the prisoners, who had absolutely no idea who she was and why she was there. "Oh, uh- I'm not one of those guys," she added. Erru whipped out her pocket-knife. "Now let's see about getting these restraints off..." She set to work cutting the bindings on the youngest child, who seemed terrified of the ordeal. While she worked, she asked, "Any ideas?"

At that moment, Phi spoke: "How did you get in here? Did you follow us?". Seeing that that girl is trying to untie the ropes, he thought: "What would happen the moment criminals find out about it? What would they do? What was their original plan? There are too many mysteries unsolved for such a risky move to be taken." He went to the girl and stopped her. "I don't think you should do that. We don't know what will they do when they find out about this. Maybe more people will be involved. I know it's risky, but there are too many unexplained things here. You've got in here, so you must be pretty smart. You're our only hope of finding out what is happening here, and only connection to the outside. I suggest for us to remain here for now, and to find out more about their plans. Can you help us?", he said looking at the girl. Not everyone was pleased with what Phi said, but he just spoke of what he thought was right.

Erru listened to the boy as he spoke, thinking about the case. If she freed them and they got away, then what? Would they go to the police? And if any members saw her helping them, she wouldn't be in the best of health.

With a nod, Erru replied, "I'll investigate the kidnapping, transactions, and members of the group. But if anything happens and I don't come back, I want you to get them out of here." She tossed her knife, now folded, to the boy, asking, "What's your name?"

Phi caught the knife, confused by her reaction, and quickly answered: "Phi.". "Wait, what am I doing!? I said what I thought but, now I've put on myself too much trouble!", he thought, but without any extra time for thinking, he started asking: "What about you? Your name? What's the plan?". Phi got lost in the moment, and questions were gathering into his brain. People around were confused as much as he was.

"I'm Erru, a detective-in-training, I guess. I followed the car here... And I'm going to gather evidence to get these people in jail and find a way to get you guys out of here. You guys lay low, act helpless or whatever you need to do to get them to let their guard down. But if they try to move you out of this building and separate you, put up a fight. I wouldn't trust these kinds of people to leave you alive, and together you've got a good chance. There are a few ways we can go about ending this..." She looked at each person as she spoke, lowering her voice in case Colt was outside. "Option One: We can do recon, gather evidence, and sneak out. I'd get rid of the guard, and you'd be out. But the culprits could come back for you if we didn't work quickly and get the police involved. Option Two: I find a way to separate, disarm, and restrain the kidnappers, we have them arrested, and you're liberated by the police. Option Three: I create a distraction after handing off the needed info, you get out and call the police, and we hope none of them get away. Of the plans, the second is the most likely to result in their arrests, and puts you at the least risk, but me taking down everybody on my own would be impossible. I'm thinking if we go with that one I knock out Colt, switch one of you guys with him, and when the others get back, claim he left you in his place for now. That person could help me. Any volunteers or other ideas?" Erru took the steno pad from her pocket and jotted down a few sentences. "I'm sure there are safer, more logical ways to do this, but frankly, anything we do against these guys is a risk, and I'm not letting them hurt you guys."

"You're a strange one, Ms. Erru, that's for sure. But right now, you're our best hope. I'd volunteer to go. But I made a pretty big scene outside, so I don't think I'd be the most inconspicuous. Whoever goes, I suggest you take this with you."

Sakila took off the fingerless glove on her left hand. A thin white scar became visible. She turned the glove inside out, revealing four small knives.

"Just slide one of these babies out, and you're good to go in a knife-fight." She smiled.

"So who's the volunteer?"

New NPC: Vlad

Valther and Raimir are take the kidnapped onto the abandoned warehouse. They are greeted by Vlad. "Hey, bro! Whatt up?" he wearing maroon hoodie and green track pants. He is armed with G3 with Holographic Sight. Raimir asked him, "Did you see any intruder?" Vlad snickered as he smoking, "Nope, comrades! There's no Fed already! We gonna leave this town for your own town!" Raimir nodded however Valther told Vlad, "Hey man, you gotta keep the kidnapped close. They are maybe making a plot or something like that? Listen, if we are pinned by FBI and Police, use the kidnapped as human shield. And if they are executing our comrades, we're execute them. Understood?" Vlad snickered "There's NO way if the Fed are busting us! And i don't want Black Organization or CIA are arresting us!" He prepared an Uzi with two magazine taped. "Or, if our position are breached, we gonna 'rigged' this building! Now i gonna go to my place. Keep your eyes open..."

In the mean time, Phi was thinking about what girl named Erru said. "No one is crazy enough to be a volunteer, risking his life for the people he never met before", he talked to himself. Then, another girl spoke, wanting to be a volunteer, but after realizing that she had already made a scene, she couldn't go. "She has a point", Phi thought. Her words gave him the needed resolve, and he finally spoke: "I'll do it.". "I've kept my profile as low as I could, so I suppose I'll be the least recognizable.", he said. "Erru-san, I think that it would be the best for you to take...", at that moment, Phi turned around and looked at the girl who was holding the glove. "What is your name?", he asked.

Suddenly, a man, his face covered with a black ski cap like mask storms in.

"Sit down!" he yells. In his hand was a knife, though you can see the bulge of a gun his pocket. He is tall and muscular, and though you can barely see his eyes, you can feel the power, hatred, and coldness radiate from them. They are the eyes of a murderer.

Everyone in the room is immediately quiet. The man brandishes his knife at all of you, before grabbing the arm of a seven year old boy. There are gasps and protests, but these are all silenced quickly. The boy screams and kicks and cries. The man releases the boy's arm and the bruise marks are shockingly visible. Taking his knife, the man slits the child's throat. The screams die in his mouth, though they are echoed by screams in the room. One woman faints.

The man drops the dead kid to the ground. A pool of blood is slowly forming around him. "This is what will happen to all of you if you resist." You have no doubts about that. The man glares at all of you before exiting the room and locking it shut.

(noo, not the little kid!)

-- -- --

Tsukiko stared in shock at the little boy's dead body. She felt like vomiting. Everything that was just too muck for her. They all need to get out and asap otherwise they all would die. The other opinion would be to obey quietly the kidnappers but since the majority of the hostages seemed to be moreor less impatient and hot-headed, that was out of the question...

While thinking the possible ways of escape an another thought struck her. What if one of the hoatages was in reality an ally of the kidnappers who had a radio or something like that and told the others what was going on in the room. It was possible that the room was absolutely sound proof...

"Are you sure?" Misaki's question interrupted Tsukiko's thoughts. She hadn't realized she had talked aloud. Some other hostades were also looking at their direction.

"Well, it was just a random though... After all we didn't know each other in advance and woke up in the van after we had been knocked out. It's possible that they put a wolf in a sheeps clothing in order to keep an eye on us."

"Then who...?"

"I don't know. Maybe someone who hadn't talked to anyone yet and tries not to attract any attention. Not very skilled in any way yet so he - or she - avoids conversations. Possibly lower ranked than the others and probably also scared of them." The blonde explained and blushed when everyone was now listening to her.

"That was impressive." A girl nearby nodded approvingly. "Now we just have to find that spy. We have many alternatives here including you."

"Me? Impossible." Tsukiko stuttered in surprisement.

"Why not? You seem too smart to be just a random kidnapped person. You even look different than us. Not to mention you still have your shoulder bag with you. Besides, you were the one who suggested that spy idea and that so-called profile you gave leads all suspicious from you."

"I'm from Finland! And the reason I was able to describe that possible spy was that I have watched too much NCIS, Numb3rs, Criminal Minds and C.S.I. You could also be the spy!"

Just when the argument was about heat up too much the door opened and one of the kidnappers was standing there. The atmosphere froze.

"Okay, who was it?" He asked. "Who was being smart and trying to see through our plans?"

No one spoke. Even Tsukiko and the other girl were too scared to do it.

"It was that blonde with a shoulderbag." Someone rose up and pointed at Tsukiko.

"Well, thank you Aventura. Would you please drag her here? And also the girl she was arguing with."

"So, I was right after all. That boy hadn't said a word to anyone else during all this time. And he really seems scared about that man..." Tsukiko hold back her smirk as she rose up and got dragged to the front of the room. "Oh gosh, I really hope I won't die..."

The other girl seemed to be thinking the same and was now glaring at Tsukiko, like it had been her fault.

"Okay, we'll take you two out of here so you won't try to mess up our plans anymore. Oh, and Aventura, you can also go. We'll place a video camera here to keep an eye on these 'goods'."

[so there was a spy in the room?]

As soon as the kidnappers left the room with the two girls, "Come here, everyone." Rose asked everyone to sit around her, so she could speak in a low voice and everyone hears her. "We don't want anymore stupid moves, it's a life & death matter. We should stick together" She said. Wow, just what am I saying. she thought.

"We lost three, and we're not going to lose anyone anymore. If it's not for the others, it's for you life." Rose continued. Everyone nodded at her, and silence surrounded the room once again..

[seeking out... My turn! XD]

In his room, Valther Barberra is playing MTA. He then listening a song, Amazing Grace. "Ow, i hate this song..." he then change it to a song named Linkin Park - Bleed It Out. On this table are an AK47 with PK-AV scope and C-Mag. His henchmen are knocking the door and he yelled. "Get in!" A Russian was entering Valther's room. he is wearing purple jacket and a green Ushanka.

"So, what are you doing here?" Valther asked the Russian. "A hostage was resist and we slit him out! And i hear, some of the hostage is making a Plot to freed themselves" The Russian told Valther. "No, this is won't happen... If they are escaping i will snipe them down!" he snickered. The Russian laughed, "HAHAHA HOHOHO... After this, you can go to Bucharest, your birth place..."

The Russian leave the room and Valther return playing the MTA.

Tsukiko was panicking. Trying to not to show it but still terrified about the thought what could happen to her and the other girl. If they were going to get killed why that man hadn't done it in that room where the others still were?

Now they were dragged along the corridors by that kidnapper. Aventura had already gone to somewhere else.

They arrived to a door. The man let go of Tsukiko's arm to get a key from his pocket. She didn't try to escape. There were three reasons.

One: She'd probably get lost in that building.

Two: most likely they'd kill one of the hostages.

Three: her shoulderbag was left to the hostage room.

The door was now open and they were pushed inside. The man came in after them and locked the door behind.

"Sit." He pointed two chairs. They sat, watching him warily.

"So..." He said. "So, you two seem bright ones. I'd like to know what else you have figured out. Then... I have something nice for you." A maniac smirk appeared on his face. Tsukiko gulped.

-- -- --

(okay, who'd like to be the other girl? I don't wanna be the only one in this room)

[whoa, you guys are fast! XD]

###

Ram leaned forward from her seat and took a closer look at the monitors in front of her. The monitors were connected to the hidden cameras in the 'dungeon'. She narrowed her eyes. Something was off...

'Wait, I'm fairly certain that the number in that room increased (well, minus the killed boy and two teenage girls dragged away).' she thought, then it dawned upon her. 'That girl, I don't recognize here as one of the 'goods' we brought here. She's an intruder!'

"LEI!!" she shouted for her second-in-command.

"Yes? What's up, R?" Lei asked as he approached her.

"Bring this girl to the interrogation room 2." she ordered as she pointed the said girl through the monitor. "I'll be there in 5."

Lei immediately walked out to follow her order.

###

[whoa, you guys are fast! XD]

###

Ram leaned forward from her seat and took a closer look at the monitors in front of her. The monitors were connected to the hidden cameras in the 'dungeon'. She narrowed her eyes. Something was off...

'Wait, I'm fairly certain that the number in that room increased (well, minus the killed boy and two teenage girls dragged away).' she thought, then it dawned upon her. 'That girl, I don't recognize here as one of the 'goods' we brought here. She's an intruder!'

"LEI!!" she shouted for her second-in-command.

"Yes? What's up, R?" Lei asked as he approached her.

"Bring this girl to the interrogation room 2." she ordered as she pointed the said girl through the monitor. "I'll be there in 5."

Lei immediately walked out to follow her order.

###

[Who is the intruder?]

[@Tsukiko: me o/]

-------------------------------

Ai had to resist the urge to kick the blonde that got her into this. She was just trying to be sensible. After all, it's perfectly normal to suggest the possibility that 1 or more, if not all of the hostages other than her, were part of the organization that got her into this.

She was dragged through the corridors with the girl and thrown into a room similar to the one they were staying in. This one also with a small window too high up to reach by one.

The kidnapper locked the door behind them.

"Sit." he said, pointing to two chairs. The chairs were surprisingly cold. Why don't you sit? Ai wanted to tell the man.

"So...," he smirked, "you two seem bright ones. I'd like to know what else you have figured out. Then...I have something nice for you."

"Nothing," Ai said.

"What was that?"

"I said nothing, if the echo wasn't loud enough for you. If we knew anything more we would've stopped watching those detective shows and gone to be detectives ourselves, if that makes it clearer for you."

"Hah you think you can fool me with that? You're probably scheming up something right now."

"We're not, and I doubt that you prove we are. Anyways what can you do even if we are scheming up something? Slit our throats like you did that little boy's? I don't think whoever's behind this--your boss--would like it very much, for a reason that you can't even prove."

The man was getting red in the face, and showing a slight bit of uncertainty as well as...fear?

"Well haven't you a smart mouth. Don't try anything, or I promise you won't make it outta here alive."

---------------------------

[Lei:

Nationality: ?

Appearance: 178 cm in height. Blonde hair, green eyes.

Description: A bit "slow", one of the lower ranks, fears many of his comrades, has a soft heart, was dragged into organization by force (witnessed a murder).]

Edited by AiSuigetsu

Erru froze. They had killed one of the children, and taken two more away. "It's my fault for coming here and talking to you that this happened... Sorry guys, but I think I'm going to have to give up pretending to be one of them and go get those girls back. Stay quiet and on guard. If any one of you is a traitor, I want you to stand up now. Because if I find out later that one of you is responsible for the death of an innocent child and didn't come forward, I can't say I'll show any compassion." She knelt beside the motionless form of the small child, closing his eyes and wrapping her scarf around his throat to cover his wound. Tears were forming in her eyes, and she turned to hide them. She couldn't show weakness now... "To commit a crime is punishable, but to take a life... that's unforgivable!"

Erru turned, her eyes dark with anger. She looked at Phi. "Take care of them. You've got your wits about you in a time like this. If they come back, please..." Erru glanced at the body of the child. "Don't let them do something like this. I know it's wrong to ask you to risk your lives for perfect strangers who may not do the same for you, but if we can't trust and protect one another, we are truly alone in this." She went to the door and knocked three times. "Hey, Colt, I need a break to use the facilities." Colt laughed from behind the door. "You can't hold it long enough to see these brats through their stay?" He swung the door open. "Honestly, this is why women-" Erru punched him in the face and took his legs out from under him, pressing on his throat to knock him unconscious.

"You can tie him up if you want. I don't care anymore if he lives..." She took the gun and holster from his belt, attaching it to her own and standing. "Looks like this is going to be a high-profile operation." She grinned, jammed her hat down over her eyes, put on Colt's coat, and headed out the door, wrenching the camera down and stomping on it on the way out. She also locked the door using Colt's key, which she slid under the door. "Depending on who's got a key, it may take them a while to get in. If you can do something to reach the window, do it. If not, remember, you guys have nothing to do with me." She started down the hall, hand on her pistol...

"This is getting dangerously serious! If I don't keep my cool, we could all end up dead in here.", Phi thought. "Okay.", he said out loud and took everyone's attention. "I guess that the 'sneak-in' plan won't work anymore. If we are going to get out of here, we have to do it as soon as possible, and help the others. But first...", Phi said and pointed at the guy Erru knocked out before she left, "...let's tie this guy's hands, legs, put him in the corner of the room, and do something about his mouth so he won't be able to talk. We don't want him to be seen or heard the moment someone gets in here.". While tying up the guy, Phi spotted a key on the floor. "This must be the key from this room". Phi took the key and made a little grin on his face, "This Erru girl sure isn't your ordinary girl." he said to himself. After tying the guy up, and putting him in the dark corner, Phi turned towards the others and started talking: "Listen everyone, this is the plan. Erru left us a key to escape from this room.", Phi raised his left hand and showed the key to everyone. "So, judging from the current situation, after a little bit, someone will surely come here to check on this guy that we tied up. If they figure out that we're not in here by that moment, things will get ugly for the other girls, and for us. We should wait until someone gets into this room, knock him out, put him together with his accomplice, take any item that they hold, and lock them in here. And just to be sure, I'm not planning on going home after getting out of this room. Those girls are in danger, and Erru is risking her life to save them, after helping us. I'm going to help there as well. Those who are ready to join me, please raise your hand. The others can just leave, it's their choice.", Phi said and looked at the others.

Erru headed down the hallway toward where she believed the girls were, checking around every corner for the kidnappers. She wasn't going to let herself be caught, and planned to use force if she was cornered. A bullet in the leg should keep one of them down... She thought again. Maybe she should have left the gun with the kids... They were in immediate danger. She turned back, making sure no one was in sight, and headed to the room the prisoners were in. She knocked on the door, saying, "Guys, it's me, Erru. Do you think you could use Colt's gun to hold him hostage for freedom, or just self defense?" She heard footsteps, and couldn't be sure whether they were coming closer.

She thought of the two girls who had been dragged away. They should be safe for a few minutes, so she could afford to be careful, but she'd need to protect everyone, not just the ones in obvious danger...

As the footsteps grew louder, she said, "... Phi, what do you think?"