• Ogino Keisuke (34) - Beer
    • Tsukihara Kaori (29) - Coffee
    • Sodesaki Kazutomo (31) - Cigarette
    • Suicide
    • Subaru (27) - "but I was driving the whole time, officer!"
    • Takagi - "WHAT!?"
    • Haibara (84) - "..." *prepares injectable APTX*
    • I will vote later
  2. 2. Haibara is warming up to Subaru. Why? (multiple choice!)

• Ai thinks he is Moroboshi Dai in disguise
    • Ai thinks he is Bourbon in disguise
    • Ai thinks he is someone else in disguise
    • Ai is pretending to warm up to him to trick him and Conan
    • Ai really wants to investigate Subaru a bit so she is making up excuses for him to be around.
    • Ai thinks he isn't really Black Org.
    • His actions have changed Ai's mind, so she trusts him more.
    • Conan told Ai something about Subaru
    • Ai likes his car/driving better than Agasa's
    • Ai thinks he is hot.
    • Ai *likes* him
    • Ai *likes* ... ... his cooking
    • Something else
    • I will vote later

thanks for the translation

i figured he used salt to build froth. first clue, who trips over a bag in his own apartment and has to close it up. Also the only quick fixer would be the beer trick. i'm kinda excited to see how Ai and Okiya's confrontation works out and how Sera will come into play.

Having not looked at any spoilers, I think it's froth guy. There is no good reason for him tripping in the entryway suspiciously. Nucleating foam with some kind of substance is the easiest trick to manage. I don't know what would be in a funeral bag/his pocket to do it though. There is probably some Japanese custom I don't know about. The only thing I can think of is that he tossed some of the dead person's ashes in there which would be rather visible and not to mention unbelievably disgusting. If the motive is the dead chick, that would kind of dirty her memory. Based on Kogoro's clue about dressing something up, making more foam in the beer is the only thing that makes sense. I don't know what he would do it with either. I can't think of why Kogoro would need steamier coffee or intentionally smoky cigarettes. Sounds like froth was the last downstairs and the clock might be useful for something. At this point no one cares about a complete solution anyway.

I think it is the lady with the coffee so I voted for Tsukihara Kaori. I bet Kogoro makes his extra hot then usual. So about time he gets done reading the paper it will still be semi warm. I don't know just guessing. I think warm up your coffee to twice the temperature would it make it hot longer. lol I'm weird. :)

I'm gonna go with Ogino Keisuke (the beer guy). I would imagine it's incredibly hard to make a king size cigarette burn slower (I think even a Superking size cigarette wouldn't be far off either). I think there could be a trick with the coffee to make it look like it's still hot, but I can't think of one off the top of my head. But, with beer, I can think that it doesn't necessarily have to be the same type of foam you find in beer in Ogino's beer, it could well be another type of foam that stays on top for longer, or add something to make it froth more....whichever.

Anyway, honestly, I'm less interested in the case itself as I am with the parts with Subaru and Ai. Like a lot of people, I believe Subaru Okiya is Akai, and I think the promise that he was thinking about, is a promise he made to Ai's sister, not that Ai is to know that (not just yet anyhow). I dunno, I think Subaru might as well have "I am Akai" written across his face, lol. Can't wait for File 811 in English.

Salt would do it, although I didn't know it was used in funerals.

So it turns out Akai and Okiya's preference for high collared outfits was not a matter of dress preference alone. He probably has a scar, tattoo, birthmark, or some jewelery that he keeps on him. The pictures of him in the past in 802 don't show anything obvious, so it must be something small or something that happened later that her sister informed her of.

Haibara had a lot of guts to go after Okiya like that. It looks like she barely hesitated when she saw he was off guard. This pretty much shows she thinks Okiya is not likely to be harmful, because I don't think she would risk the chance of getting caught by him while they were alone. Even if Haibara didn't get the chance to see what she was looking for, his block pretty much confirmed he has something to hide under that scarf. If I were her I would switch tactics and move to interrogating Conan about his relationship with Dai because Conan is a lot worse at lying under pressure and she has leverage over Conan. I suppose Haibara could take the cat-on-stairs tactic and try to trip Okiya so she can have a go at his collar.

I think she probably should have gone for his glasses though. She would have gotten caught, but the eyes would be a dead giveaway.

P.S. PLOTHOLE: How could Haibara really be sure Okiya was sleeping and not just staring off into space at his lap?

• Upvote 3

Salt would do it, although I didn't know it was used in funerals.

So it turns out Akai and Okiya's preference for high collared outfits was not a matter of dress preference alone. He probably has a scar, tattoo, birthmark, or some jewelery that he keeps on him. The pictures of him in the past in 802 don't show anything obvious, so it must be something small or something that happened later that her sister informed her of.

Haibara had a lot of guts to go after Okiya like that. It looks like she barely hesitated when she saw he was off guard. This pretty much shows she thinks Okiya is not likely to be harmful, because I don't think she would risk the chance of getting caught by him while they were alone. Even if Haibara didn't get the chance to see what she was looking for, his block pretty much confirmed he has something to hide under that scarf. If I were her I would switch tactics and move to interrogating Conan about his relationship with Dai because Conan is a lot worse at lying under pressure and she has leverage over Conan. I suppose Haibara could take the cat-on-stairs tactic and try to trip Okiya so she can have a go at his collar.

I think she probably should have gone for his glasses though. She would have gotten caught, but the eyes would be a dead giveaway.

P.S. PLOTHOLE: How could Haibara really be sure Okiya was sleeping and not just staring off into space at his lap?

I don't think this is a plothole at all, I think due to fact that we're looking at a manga (i.e no movement), there must have been something that made it look like Okiya was asleep from Haibara's perspective.

I am wondering now how close we are to the climax of this particular arc. I imagine we need to see more of Amuro and Sera, and have them throw us a few more hints and stuff.

I have to ask, what do you guys think about why Haibara insisted on parking in front of the building and standing in front of the car, instead of at the parking lot and waiting inside the car? I'm usually not good at thinking of different possibilities, but I can't think of a good reason besides the one where Haibara doesn't, for some strange reason, trust Okiya enough to be alone with him.

I have to ask, what do you guys think about why Haibara insisted on parking in front of the building and standing in front of the car, instead of at the parking lot and waiting inside the car? I'm usually not good at thinking of different possibilities, but I can't think of a good reason besides the one where Haibara doesn't, for some strange reason, trust Okiya enough to be alone with him.

I think the same as you...She still doesn't trust Okiya,maybe she thinks there is a small possibility that she's wrong concerning the Okiya=Dai thing,so she tried not to be completly alone with him.She's a scientist so she has to consider all the possibilities.

^ I see. You think that Haibara isn't 100% sure about Okiya=Moroboshi Dai? That certainly explains why she seems to trust and not trust him at the same time. @_@

Yeah,and that's why she tried to find the ultimate proof under Okiya's scarf...