Detective Conan World
justwantanaccount

Sherry's Soliloquy

^It’s about the Lum character from Urusei Yatsura which is spelt the same as Rum in Japanese. She’s an “oni”, or “devil” if you want an English term.

This is probably a reference to Lum Invader (ラム・インベーダー), a character from a manga called Urusei Yatsura. According to the Wikipedia page:

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2014-09-21.JPG

隻眼っていえば・・・まさかラムって、大和警部じゃないでしょうね?

|

Speaking of eyes… It couldn’t be that Rum is inspector Yamato, right?

Edit: I changed the translation to “Speaking of being one-eyed…” because I think it’s more accurate.

• Upvote 3

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2014-09-21.JPG

|

Edit: I changed the translation to “Speaking of being one-eyed…” because I think it’s more accurate.

Oh my gosh, Haibara thinks like I do!

|

Oh my gosh, Haibara thinks like I do!

Are you sure about the translation?

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2014-09-21.JPG隻眼っていえば・・・まさかラムって、大和警部じゃないでしょうね?|Speaking of eyes… It couldn’t be that Rum is inspector Yamato, right?Edit: I changed the translation to “Speaking of being one-eyed…” because I think it’s more accurate.

didn't Haibara met Inspector Yamato right before the Red Wall Case episode? if he is Rum then why didn't she sense the presence of a BO member to him? So far when there's a BO member near her she can sense them and she was right. Only in that case where mitsuhiko was missing that she didn't feel any because probably that person wasn't that important member of BO. Those who have Codenames has the biggest impact. Yamato couldn't be Rum right?

隻眼っていえば・・・まさかラムって、大和警部じゃないでしょうね?|Speaking of eyes… It couldn’t be that Rum is inspector Yamato, right?Edit: I changed the translation to “Speaking of being one-eyed…” because I think it’s more accurate.

didn't Haibara met Inspector Yamato right before the Red Wall Case episode? if he is Rum then why didn't she sense the presence of a BO member to him? So far when there's a BO member near her she can sense them and she was right. Only in that case where mitsuhiko was missing that she didn't feel any because probably that person wasn't that important member of BO. Those who have Codenames has the biggest impact. Yamato couldn't be Rum right?

It doesn't matter if she sense or no..because even in episode176-177-178

Pisco-vermouth was there and she didn't notice or sense

Besides Yamato completely lost his eye(see the scars) while Haibara states that Rum has an artificial eye. If you want to suspect someone based on this, look at Superintendent Matsumoto. Though he was used as a hostage in Raven Chaser...

Two new ones about Magic Kaito.

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2014-10-04.JPG

今回は珍しく前中後編らしいわよ・・・

I don’t know how to translate 前中後編.

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2014-10-12.JPG

白馬君、紅子ちゃんの事が好きなのかしら・・・

|

I wonder if Hakuba-kun likes Akako-chan…

• Upvote 1

Two new ones about Magic Kaito.

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2014-10-04.JPG

今回は珍しく前中後編らしいわよ・・・

I don’t know how to translate 前中後編.

今回 【こんかい】 (n-adv,n-t) now; this time; lately; (P); ED

Possible inflected verb or adjective: (adj. -> adverb)

珍しい : 珍しい(P); 珍らしい(io) 【めずらしい】 (adj-i) (1) unusual; rare; curious; (2) new; novel; (3) fine (e.g. gift); (P); ED

前中 【まえなか】 (s) Maenaka

後編 : 後編; 後篇 【こうへん】 (n) (See 前編) latter part (of book, etc.); sequel; concluding part; ED

らしい (aux-adj) (1) seeming ... (expresses judgment based on evidence, reason or trustworthy hearsay); appearing ...; (suf,adj-i) (2) -ish; like a ...; typical of ...; appropriate for ...; becoming of ...; worthy of the name ...; KD

Maybe it is something like "after the series concludes?"

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2014-10-12.JPG

白馬君、紅子ちゃんの事が好きなのかしら・・・

|

I wonder if Hakuba-kun likes Akako-chan…

~3,600,000,000-1 men in the world (including me) are rendered helpless in her presence.

"Women are like bacon: they look good, smell good, taste good, and slowly kill men."

Poor Hakuba's been bit by that love bug though... 

• Upvote 1

Maybe it is something like "after the series concludes?"

I think I may have understood it now all of a sudden… basically says something along the lines of “This time it’s an unusual three-part series”. Gōshō put the kanji for first/before (前), second/middle (中), and third/latter (後) all together before the kanji for volume/chapter (編) to form a slang word meaning it’s divided in first, second, and third chapter. Basically it’s a single compound word that doesn’t turn up anything in dictionaries but has that meaning, I think. I’ll go put that on the wiki, anyway, if anyone has something against it you can bring it up to Fujiwara or something.
  • Upvote 1

I think I may have understood it now all of a sudden… basically says something along the lines of “This time it’s an unusual three-part series”. Gōshō put the kanji for first/before (前), second/middle (中), and third/latter (後) all together before the kanji for volume/chapter (編) to form a slang word meaning it’s divided in first, second, and third chapter. Basically it’s a single compound word that doesn’t turn up anything in dictionaries but has that meaning, I think. I’ll go put that on the wiki, anyway, if anyone has something against it you can bring it up to Fujiwara or something.

I think solving that was worth 45 picarats.
  • Upvote 1