Detective Conan World
Akazora

DC Opening 33 -- Miss Mystery by BREAKERZ

Finally, after all this time, a new opening! It will begin airing on January 7, 2012. Not much else is known about the opening. This is still premature news, but I decided to put it out there for you people to speculate and talk. And special thanks to skyechan for updating the wiki with this info!

My personal thoughts on it: Seriously, Miss Mystery? That's one syllable off from Misty Mystery... Wow, either BREAKERZ couldn't think of anything creative or Gosho specifically told them to make a "mystery" based theme for the new opening and BREAKERZ took it a little too literally... I'm hoping it's good, and considering it will have been more than 4 months since Misty Mystery began to air, Gosho has no excuse to make it boring. I'm expecting some ShinRan, random other pairings, a small Kaito Kid appearance of course, BO (no reason not to), etc. If this opening turns out to be like OP-16 (where Chianti and Korn appeared even though they were never yet revealed in the anime), then who wants to bet...

...that Sera will be in it?

Feel free to post speculation, thoughts, comments, cocerns, and all that good stuff we do on forums!

Edit: Album cover for the single has been released. Can be viewed on the wiki here.

EDIT: The opening is now out! Check it out here!

Gosho has no say in anything with the anime. He deals only with manga. Which is why the anime screws up so often...

And generic names are generic. Misty Mystery was a fairly generic song, and I expect nothing less from this song. (no offense to those who liked it, I personally didn't)

UPDATE:

The preview PV for Miss Mystery is finally out on YouTube!

The link is right

The song, surprisingly, isn't that bad. Now we'll just have to see how the opening itself turns out.

Those evil walls of English words, blocking poor Conan from running around randomly while looking dramatic. Luckily Hattori learned karate and can knock them all down... Also, Pokemon trainer goth Haibara wants to fight!

But seriously, these openings have been getting weirder and weirder. You wouldn't know this was a mystery show at all by watching it. I wonder if that has effects on the number of people who actually watch the show? I mean if I saw that, I wouldn't be sure what to expect and might flip the channel thinking it was some fighting magical boys type show.

I like the somewhat darker tones, they'll be fitting enough in the upcoming episodes, really...surreal, but it was a nice change and interesting. I'd give it a seven out of ten.

I could not listen to the opening for more than three seconds without pausing it. This has never happened before. That opening synth was PAINFUL to listen to. The use of synth by the Breakerz is just god awful. I mean... really... it sounds unnatural and awkward the way they use it. Then we get to the chorus (before that, if you take out the synth, it is dreadfully average), which I cannot discern from any number of DC Opening choruses. It is generic of the worst sort. If I paused it, and unpaused it with the screen off, I'm sure I could not tell you that it was from this song as opposed to another DC opening that uses a similar chorus.

Ok, so the song was not good (It is borderline awful imo). The video... I don't know what to say... I don't get it... If "mystery" wasn't being repeated in the song, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't know that the show had anything to do with mystery. DBoys and wire cutters and a bomb? That won't end well. Walls of text reminiscent of Summer Wars? Throwing badges like Pokemon? WHAT THE HELL! Are they even trying anymore?

• Upvote 4

this opening was painful to watch. The video was ....kinda disturbing :blink: Whats with ran in a white dress showing cleavage, falling off a cliff, and conan...then ran...*sigh* I'm at a loss of words :?:

The DB... why did they make the DB look like Pokemon? T_T They're my favorite characters! They deserve to look epic!

One of the ideas I had was the badges hitting the floor and you see their feet walk up to them and it pans up to their faces.

I personally think that would have been WAY better than throwing the badges and UHP! OUT COME THE CHILDREN! D:

Things I like in this opening:

Haibara's outfit <3

Ran's dress^^

the DB Pokemon thing XDDD it was kinda funny

No Kaito kid in this OP

Things that I disliked:

Ran on the top of the rock :blink:

the giant soccer ball :blink:

Heiji breaking the wall of text :blink:

The song!!!

I honestly never take openings and endings too seriously, but in my opinion, this particular one had no cohesion at all! It begins with Ran and Conan running together holding hands (with weird expression on their faces), then separating after the floor crumbles below them. Afterwards, Conan glances at the collage of Rans on the wall (stalkerish much?) and is trapped among protruding Japanese words flying around (which I believe are previous cases Conan was involved in). So the next part really threw me out of the loop when miss damsel in distress (Ran) stood atop of a pillar, and of course, Conan is trying to save her. But wait, there are "obstacles" that he must face before rescuing his princess! E.g. a wall of familiar words in which Heiji knocks down, a time bomb in which Pokemon Genta, Mitsuhiko, and Ayumi must defuse, a random cameo appearance by gothic lolita Haibara, several more cameos by recurring characters with Conan skateboarding passed them, and finally Ran helplessly freefalling off the pillar in which Conan catches her with his big soccer ball (not sure if that sounds right).

So the whole point of me basically summarizing the events in the video is to point out how random and unnecessary some of the clips were. If the creators of this video wanted to feature a gothic Haibara, then make the video have a "gothic" tone to it or at least have Haibara doing something productive for the video. If they wanted to have characters helping him along his "journey", then make the whole video centered around family and friends helping Conan through his obstacles. I don't know. I think some of the ideas they had in mind were good, but it's how they portrayed them together that made the video as a whole terrible. As for the song, no comment. I mean when has a song in the past had relevance to the mystery aspect of DC? Almost never. So I'm not too bothered by it even though it sounds mediocre. But overall, I give the video a 3 out of 10.

• Upvote 2

Guys.....It wasn't THAT bad..

Different strokes for different folks and all that, but the song is awful (and I'm someone who has defended BREAKERZ before, but seriously, this is lousy) and the video is all kinds of bad in mostly hilarious ways. I'm all for the goofiness they go for sometimes, but this was just...

I think "trying too hard" are the words I'm looking for here. They're simply trying a little too hard to make a OMGCRAZY opening sequence that they're not looking at the finished product and going "is this what we want people to see?" Even the bit with Haibara looked cheesy as hell.

• Upvote 1

Different strokes for different folks and all that, but the song is awful (and I'm someone who has defended BREAKERZ before, but seriously, this is lousy) and the video is all kinds of bad in mostly hilarious ways. I'm all for the goofiness they go for sometimes, but this was just...

I think "trying too hard" are the words I'm looking for here. They're simply trying a little too hard to make a OMGCRAZY opening sequence that they're not looking at the finished product and going "is this what we want people to see?" Even the bit with Haibara looked cheesy as hell.

Ahh...well I guess one reason is because I have nothing to compare it to...I don't usually watch the anime, so I haven't seen most of the openings and endings...

I know everyone will feel differently about this opening, but I really feel like you guys are overreacting. The opening was cheesy, yes. But ALL Detective Conan openings are cheesy, in my opinion. And I love their cheesiness. The openings are adorable bits of fluff, and nothing more.

That being said, the angle at which they approached this opening was indeed a bit different from the usual. I wonder if maybe they were not so much trying too hard as they were trying for something new. I love all the openings (even Tear Drops - le gasp! o_O), but they are all very much the same thing (minus millions of boxes of dancing girls). I wouldn't say this new opening is very original either, but maybe they were attempting to achieve something different... Hence the flying words, action hero Heiji, pokemon shounen tantei-dan, goth loli Haibara, princess Ran. XD

Haha, writing all of that makes me laugh at myself, but I really liked each of those silly additions...

They made the DB look like Pokemon and also, about Ran's looking, what's with her clothes and showing her cleavage? I mean, what's with those things?

Heiji reminds me of Gai. When he kicks the letter on the wall, it looks like he did the technique of Gai called Dynamic Entry. :P

I read more manga, but this is WORST opening that I have saw

My dislikes:

Ran got way too big role (she standing on top of that rock should be enough)

DB bomb-defusing

Couldn't listen that song so can't say anything

No BO

No Kid

Timers