Detective Conan World
Stopwatch

File 793-??? (Private Eye)

New detective...  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Amuro Tooru: Red Herring or not?

2. 2. Who was the culprit behind Kamon Hatsune's death?

• Banba Raita: Good for nothing to-be-husband
    • Amuro Tooru
    • Haruka Sanji: Sketchy guy in sunglasses
    • One of the other waitstaff
    • It was a suicide
    • I was an accident
    • Someone else
    • I am going to vote later, I promise, because Chekhov is watching me and will disapprove if I don't vote later.
    • Raita and Sanji worked together. Raita did the murder.
    • Raita and Sanji worked together. Sanji did the murder.

So, considering spoilers are now out and I think this case'll be pretty interesting I started this topic before the file came out. Spoilers courtesy of Conan 48:69

コナン 「プライベートアイ」

FILE 793 title: Private Eye

コナン→交錯しあう人間模様の中に、異彩を放つ探偵…!!

街のレストラン?で小五郎の高校時代の悪友。伴場頼太(37)と 新婦の加門初音(37)の結婚前夜祭を祝う同窓生達(蘭、コナンも)

蘭達の席で会話中にウェイター(色黒、眼鏡、イケメン?)が伴場のズボンにケーキを落とし、

初音に「大丈夫!」と言われ、嫉妬する?伴場

ブライダル用のデコの予約をしてた初音が2時間位で戻るとネイルサロンに行く(雨の中車で)

同窓生の女達に酔ってちょっかいだす伴場。毛利「―ったく~~」 蘭「ホント…誰かさんとそっくり…」

伴場に電話が先程から鳴ってますと話しかけるウェイター。

伴場「初音からのメール… 電話に出ないから写メでお披露目…30分後に生でご覧あれ…」

メールを見た女達にラブラブじゃないと冷やかされてる時にもう一つの携帯が鳴りトイレへ

コナン『ん?2つ目の携帯…怖い顔で誰かと話してる…あれ?トイレに入る前にすぐ切っちまった…―って事は…電話相手は中か…』

トイレから、春岡参治(48)客(グラサン、デコ広い、無精髭)が出てくる

コナン『まさかあの男が?』 春岡「ウェイター!バーボン…ロックで…」

ウェイターにわざとぶつかる伴場「気ィ付けろ!」 ウェイター「す、すみません…」行った伴場を見て「………」

春岡「俺の注文覚えてるか?」 ウエイター「バーボンをロックですよね?」 春岡「OK!」 そのやりとりを苦々しい顔で見る伴場

コナン「おじさんの高校の同窓会も兼ねてるんだよね?(毛利「あぁ…新婦の方は別の日…」 蘭「お母さんは仕事で…」)

じゃああのサングラスの人も同級生?」 毛利「覚えてねぇ…20年振りだから」

店の駐車場に戻って来た初音が車を降りた時に電話「はい…もしもし…え?」

店内では伴場がウエイターに殴りかかり、もつれて?テーブルの上のカップで右手をケガする伴場

皆に飲み過ぎと心配されるが平気だと言い、俺が今話しがあるのは初音だけだよ…と電話する

「どこだ?ん?サヨナラ?何言ってんだ?」 その時、駐車場の車が爆発するのを窓から見る皆

向かう?コナン、毛利「蘭!消防、救急、警察に連絡だ!危ないから誰も店から出すなよ!」

目黒、高木、千葉等が来て、中の遺体は恐らく持ち主の加門初音、燃える直前に自殺をほのめかす電話、

車に旅行用のトランク2つ等話してる所に毛利が来てあーだこーだ。

コナンが車のドアの下(外)に落ちてる付け爪を見つけ『まだ自殺だと断定しねぇ方がいいかもな…』

店内で殺人だと話す目黒「コナン君が見つけた付け爪の先にわずかに皮膚が付着してた…

聞けばついさっき付けた爪…彼女が車のそばで争った時についた犯人の皮膚の可能性が高い!」

「誰が殺ったんだよ!?」と詰め寄る伴場に目黒「この腕のケガ…(説明され)このヘアブラシは(俺のと言われ)

これから採取した毛髪のDNAと付け爪に付着してた皮膚のDNAがほぼ一致したんですよ!」

高木「まだピッタリとは、できればあなたの承諾を得て正確に…」

毛利「落ち着けよ伴場!お前はやってないんだろ?」 伴場「あ、当たり前だ!!」

ウエイター「でも、傷をごまかす為にわざと僕に殴りかかってケガをしたって場合も考えられますよね?」

伴場「な、何だとてめぇ!?」 春岡「よく言うぜ…愛しい女が誰かの物になる前に殺したんじゃねぇのか?ウエイターさんよォ!」

目黒「どういう事かね?」 伴場「自分でいわねぇんなら俺が言ってやるよ!

こいつは初音と密会してた…愛人なんだよ!!」

ウエイター「(眼鏡を外しながら)そりゃー会ってましたよ…なにしろ僕は彼女に雇われていた…

プライベートアイ… (コナン『え?』) 探偵ですから…」 安室 透(29)探偵

コナン『た、探偵!?』

Text spoiler now translated by Zenthisoror of the DCTP c-box~!

At a restuarant in town, Kogoro is meeting his good for nothing friend from high school, Hanba (37 years) and his soon to be new wife Kamon Hatsune (37). It's the pre-wedding party and Ran and Conan (for some reason) are there too.

During the conversation, a waiter (dark, with glasses, fairly good looking) drops some cake on Hanba's trousers. Hatsune tells him that it's alright, even though Hanba complains. Hatsune had booked herself into a bridal beauty session and leaves the party to go to a nail salon, saying that she'd be back in 2 hours. It’s raining.

Hanba get's drunk and starts fooling around with the women at the party. Kogoro sighs at his friend's overt behaviour, although Ran says to him very pointedly that he's just like a certain somebody that she's very familiar with.

The waiter tells Hanba that his phone's been ringing for the past few minutes. Hanba: "A text from Hatsune...I can't come to the phone so I'll give you a preview via Photomail. In 30 minutes, you'll be able to see me live..." The woman who see the text start to coo and make joking comments about how much in love Hatsune and Hanba are.

Hanba get's a phone call on a different mobile phone. He goes to the toilet to take the call. Conan: "Hm? The second phone...he doesn't look too happy...eh? He's switched off the phone before going into the toilet. Which means...the person he's talking to is in there..."

Out of the toilet comes Haruoka Sanji (I think...give me some slack on names, please), 48 years old (got a distinctively big forehead). Conan: "Could it have been him?"

Haruoka: "Waiter! One bourbon, on the rocks (basically, with ice)." Hanba walks into the waiter quite obviously on purpose. "Watch out, mate!" Waiter: "Ex...excuse me." He wordlessly stares after Hanba.

Haruoka: "So do you remember my order?" Waiter: "A bourbon on the rocks, I believe?" Haruoka: "OK!" Hanba watches the dialogue with a bitter expression.

Conan: "Ojisan, this is both a school reunion and a pre-wedding bash, isn't it?" Mouri: "That's right. The new wife is going to have a meeting with her old classmates on a different day."Ran: "Mum couldn't come because of her work." Conan: "So is that guy in the sunglasses one of your old classmates?" Mouri: "It's been twenty years...I don't know..." (Haruoka was wearing sunglasses, I forgot to mention that)

Hatsune returns to the car park of the shop. Her phone rings. She picks it up and says, "Hi, hello. What?"

In the shop, Hanba raises his fist to punch the waiter, but he trips and hurts his hand on a cup on top of a table. Everyone worries that he's drunk too much, but he says he's fine. The only person he needs to talk to now is Hatsune.

He calls her mobile. "Where are you? Huh? Goodbye? What are you saying?"

At that moment, they see a car in the carpark explode. Conan and Mouri run towards to it, and shout: "Ran! Call the fire brigade, the ambulane and the police! It's dangerous, so don't let anybody out of the shop!"

Megure, Takagi and Chiba arrive. The body in the car probably belongs to its owner - Kamon Hatsune. She called before she died to notify of her suicide. The car contained two suitcases. Mouri arrives.

Conan notices a false nail underneath the door of the car (on the outside): "Maybe we shouldn't wrap this up as a suicide so quickly..."

Megure tells all those in the shop that there's a suspicion of murder. "There was some skin underneath the tip of the false nail Conan found." They confirm it's the nail that she just put on at the nail salon. If she grappled with the murderer before she died then there's a high chance the skin could be a vital piece of evidence!

"Who killed her!?" demands Hanba. Megure turns to him. "That cut on your arm?" (He explains) "This hairbrush?" (Belongs to Hanba). The DNA from these hairs and that of the skin sample from the nail were an extremely close match." Takagi: "Well, we can't confirm that it was an exact match, but if possible, we would like to have your permission to carry out a more thorough test - "

Mouri: "Calm down, Hanba! You haven't done anything, right?" Hanba: "Right!"

Waiter: "But couldn't it be possible that you tried to punch me earlier and cut yourself on your arm with the intent of covering up, say, a cut from carrying out a crime?" Hanba: "What did you say?". Haruoka: "You can talk. Who's to say that you didn't kill the girl yourself before she became somebody else's property? Eh, waiter?"

Megure: "What does he mean?" "If he's not going to admit it himself, then I'll spill it for him. This man was covertly meeting Hatsune...he's her lover!"

Waiter (removes his glasses): "Well of course I was meeting her. After all, I was hired by her, as a private eye." Conan: "Eh?" Waiter: "Because I'm a detective." - Amuro Touru (29) Detective

"De...detective!?"

Basic file info

Name of the file's "Private Eye" and it's a Kogoro, Ran, Conan case

And the bits I found interesting were:

バーボン (Bourbon) <-o.O, Aoyama trolling again it seems, according to Conan 48:69 it was a guest asking for Bourbon at a wedding, though Conan did have a reaction, maybe it's like those BO flashbacks just before their arcs or something

コナン『た、探偵!?』(Conan "ta-tantei!?") Hmm ... another one? I wonder how this'll turn out

安室 透(29)(Toru Amuro (29)) <- Possible Gundam reference? From what I've googled it seems Amuro Ray was a rival of Char Aznable who is the character linked to Akai...I hope I'm not looking into this too much...o.O. Also, he claims he's a detective which is just like saying he's Bourbon, normally I'd say it's a red herring, but 'cause of how close it is to 800 I'm less sure of that...

• Upvote 6

Apparently a new character will be introduced in this file : Toru Amuro. Another reference to Gundam since Toru Furuya voiced Amuro Ray who is Char's (voiced by Akai's seiyû) rival in the series.

Take all this with a grain of salt though, I got this on a different forum and I'm no japanese master to verify.

this is getting interesting. I thought this would just be one of those" Kogoro got lost and someone dies" unmemorable cases when I first read it was going to involve kogoro,ran, and conan. However things seem like its going to be different this time.:grin:

I am assuming the spoilers are true. Hot damn, it may be plot!

Four major red flags for Tohru Amuro.

1) Amuro is the mortal enemy/rival of Char Aznable. Bourbon hates Akai. Furuya Tohru voiced Amuro. Akai is named after Char and his voice actor Shuuichi Ikeda. Go figure.

2) Male.

3) Detective.

4) Young (29).

Very strong Bourbon vibes going on here. All we need is some pictures of him to confirm he looks like a uniquely designed character vs. the usual case suspect.

Still think Bourbon is scar Akai, it's just this guy may be scar Akai out of mask! If Kogoro was invited, this may be a purposeful intercept.

Seriously hyped right now.

This is indeed a normal case because we still haven't reached the big "800" yet. However, judging from the situation, it seems that Gosho is making some kind of "preparation" before the showdown comes. But I'm still iffy about this, since everything could just have been red herrings.

I wonder if Conan is going to blow it in this case? Unless he starts picking up weird vibes from this Amuro guy, Conan tends not to hide his intelligence that well. Amuro could take very serious interest in Kogoro/Conan after this. (if he is this Bourbon) It would be nice to see someone seriously go after Conan for a change. I still think Sera will be the one who starts everything when she meets scar Akai (Bourbon) and runs into trouble, but maybe she'll meet scar Akai because he stalks out the Mouri detective agency!?

Gosh, why there is so many similarities with gundam?!

Well, anyways I can't wait for this case... Is any Chinese scans already out? I wanna see what this possible Bourbon will look like...

How so? The Gundam references aren't vital to understanding the plot (though admittedly they do help with some things)

Don't mind about my opinions I don't even know myself why I think that is annoying...

This new arc seems extremely exciting. I'm hoping that it's not a red herring (I don't think it would be this close to chapter 800). Gosh, I'm more excited for this than I am for M-15! It's a great time to be a DC fan!

Don't mind about my opinions I don't even know myself why I think that is annoying...

I feel for you. They aren't "real" clues in the sense that they do not come directly from the plot of the story and that in universe characters cannot use the name clues. They are an authorial device on the side. It's also unfortunate that they are rather strong: if you know them, it makes it obvious who the character is. If you are not familiar with the references, you'll miss them which is no fun because everyone else is using them.

On another note. If this Amuro is Bourbon, I wonder if he will feel Ran is like Akemi? Akai and Haibara both notice Ran that way. Bourbon might not have known Akemi well enough, but if he had and hates Akai because of a romance triangle, there could be an interesting development there.

Just a thought:

I have a feeling bourbon has played an active role in the background of cases, if this Toru character is bourbon. Remember the Eye case, where the letter was sent to heiji thought to be written by the killer, but it was never revealed at the end who wrote the letter. I just have a feeling the housekeeper was coaching Conan and Heiji along the way, and was simply too curious. I have another strange feeling there was a reason why that case didn't feel resolved. Maybe bourbon has kept a closer eye on Conan than we thought. :mellow:

I always wondered why Gosho uses those Gundam references, its a little odd don't you think?

Just a thought:

I have a feeling bourbon has played an active role in the background of cases, if this Toru character is bourbon. Remember the Eye case, where the letter was sent to heiji thought to be written by the killer, but it was never revealed at the end who wrote the letter. I just have a feeling the housekeeper was coaching Conan and Heiji along the way, and was simply too curious. I have another strange feeling there was a reason why that case didn't feel resolved. Maybe bourbon has kept a closer eye on Conan than we thought. :mellow:

I always wondered why Gosho uses those Gundam references, its a little odd don't you think?

Agreed. Because I am easy-to-convince guy. (I mean the part in the spoiler).

By The way. I don't think this Amuro guy is a red herring, after all, after three of Char name's reference and "Sera".