Detective Conan World
Stopwatch

File 793-??? (Private Eye)

New detective...  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Amuro Tooru: Red Herring or not?

2. 2. Who was the culprit behind Kamon Hatsune's death?

• Banba Raita: Good for nothing to-be-husband
    • Amuro Tooru
    • Haruka Sanji: Sketchy guy in sunglasses
    • One of the other waitstaff
    • It was a suicide
    • I was an accident
    • Someone else
    • I am going to vote later, I promise, because Chekhov is watching me and will disapprove if I don't vote later.
    • Raita and Sanji worked together. Raita did the murder.
    • Raita and Sanji worked together. Sanji did the murder.

Good thing he has a unique looking design which implies important char. I could totally see this guy playing Scar Akai; smiling at Chianti would be just his thing judging by his personality already. It's hard to imagine Tohru being vicious though because he has an adorkable face, especially with the inch thick frames. He's right handed of course.

He looks hilarious. I just hope he doesn't die because it's a about time the BO had an injection of funny. I hope for some future scene where he, Gin, Vodka, and Vermouth are all stuffed in Gin's Porsche while trying to come up with a plan.

Alright, here is the list I have going. This is going on my main Bourbon theory page, but I'll update it here too.

Amuro Tohru is Bourbon is Scar Akai

•Amuro Tohru's name is a pun on Amuro Ray who is the mortal enemy/rival of Char Aznable. Furuya Tohru voiced Amuro. Akai is named after Char Aznable (The Red Comet) and his voice actor Shuuichi Ikeda. Bourbon hates Akai, so naming Bourbon after Amuro makes sense.

•Amuro Tohru is right-handed like scar Akai.

•He is a detective

•He is male as the codename Bourbon implies. The naming scheme is hard liquors for men and Kir used a male pronoun for him back in the red shirts case.

•He is young enough to rival with Akai and be new to codename (29)

•He has a type of personality Gin would not like.

•He has the right body size and face shape to disguise as Scar Akai.

This Toru guy isn't exactly what I expected, but then again, everything still points to the fact that he's Bourbon. He has a "sillier" personality compared to an average BO member which suggests he's probably not really one of those "Gin"-type characters. Aw man, I was hoping he would be a hardcore member. We need more members that would kill someone else in cold blood. But I guess Bourbon just stalks around in the shadows, avoiding violent confrontations (as much as possible), and gathers information. And as Chekhov mentioned, it definitely doesn't seem like Gin would be very fond of Toru.

Also...

...am I only one who finds the man in black with sunglasses suspicious? Not only does he have sunglasses on indoors, but it also seemed he was listening in on Conan's conversation with Kogoro... Hm... BO possibly...? Nah, maybe I'm just being paranoid...

This Toru guy isn't exactly what I expected, but then again, everything still points to the fact that he's Bourbon. He has a "sillier" personality compared to an average BO member which suggests he's probably not really one of those "Gin"-type characters. Aw man, I was hoping he would be a hardcore member. We need more members that would kill someone else in cold blood. But I guess Bourbon just stalks around in the shadows, avoiding violent confrontations (as much as possible), and gathers information. And as Chekhov mentioned, it definitely doesn't seem like Gin would be very fond of Toru.

Also...

...am I only one who finds the man in black with sunglasses suspicious? Not only does he have sunglasses on indoors, but it also seemed he was listening in on Conan's conversation with Kogoro... Hm... BO possibly...? Nah, maybe I'm just being paranoid...

I personally think that Gosho purposely avoids adding another character who has the same personality as Gin (assume that Toru is really Bourbon). After all, what makes Gin so unique and special among the rest of the BO is his cold blood. If there exists another guy who acts the same, Gin will be likely to lose his "spotlight".

And I really like it when there actually is a variety of personalities within the Orgs., which makes things somewhat more interesting:

Gin: Cold-blooded, distrustful.

Vermouth: Mysterious, manipulative, while a little bit sympathetic.

Vodka: Inexperienced, but loyal, and somewhat helpful (at least to Gin).

Chianti: Enjoys killing.

Korn: Emotionless, anti-social.

Sherry (if counts): Sarcastic, also secretive.

Rye (if counts): Lone wolf.

Bourbon (if he's Toru): From what I've seen so far, he has a unique personality. I don't really know what is the right word to describe it. Playful ??? However, his hatred/rivalry towards Akai is indeed a serious thing, especially if it does involve Akemi after all.

Anyway, this is off-topic, but speaking of Akemi, does anyone know exactly what happened to the Char x Lalah x Amuro love-triangle in the end ?

Back to topic:

About the sun-glassed guy, he's the one who ordered Bourbon right ? I don't know, maybe he's the culprit ?

Wait, is he even a suspect ?

Anyway, whoever that guy is, he doesn't seem very BO-ish to me...

I personally think that Gosho purposely avoids adding another character who has the same personality as Gin (assume that Toru is really Bourbon). After all, what makes Gin so unique and special among the rest of the BO is his cold blood. If there exists another guy who acts the same, Gin will be likely to lose his "spotlight".

And I really like it when there actually is a variety of personalities within the Orgs., which makes things somewhat more interesting:

Gin: Cold-blooded, distrustful.

Vermouth: Mysterious, manipulative, while a little bit sympathetic.

Vodka: Inexperienced, but loyal, and somewhat helpful (at least to Gin).

Chianti: Enjoys killing.

Korn: Emotionless, anti-social.

Sherry (if counts): Sarcastic, also secretive.

Rye (if counts): Lone wolf.

Bourbon (if he's Toru): From what I've seen so far, he has a unique personality. I don't really know what is the right word to describe it. Playful ??? However, his hatred/rivalry towards Akai is indeed a serious thing, especially if it does involve Akemi after all.

Anyway, this is off-topic, but speaking of Akemi, does anyone know exactly what happened to the Char x Lalah x Amuro love-triangle in the end ?

Good descriptions! I agree with all of them(I'm bad at describing or explaining).

I don't know about Lalah but what I read from wikipedia Sayla loved Amuro... (but let's hope Sera doesn't love this Amuro we have here... :P)

I just finished Gundam. Basically Lalah loved Char and he loved her back (they were kissing and stuff). She had run into Amuro on an earlier occasion, and in the heat of battle she and Amuro had a psychic conversation about fate and about how Amuro was a BAD PERSON for trying to hurt Char. Lalah thought Amuro was going to kill Char if she didn't kill Amuro first. Amuro pointed out that maybe it was fate that they met earlier and then Lalah became confused about her feelings. There was this really weird light show that made me wonder if she and Amuro were having psychic... well, you can imagine. Sayla Mass (Sera's namesake) went flying by and distracted Char unintentionally. Amuro took the moment to try to kill Char, but Lalah stepped in and took the fatal blow. She died. Char became very, very angry and vowed to kill Amuro in revenge for Lalah.

I thought the whole Lalah love thing was a bit... strange and contrived.

If you want to put this in the DC theory sense though, it seems like there won't be a clean role divide between Tohru and Akai -> they both have elements of both Amuro and Char. This only matters though if the Akemi-Akai-Bourbon triangle is true of course.

About the sun-glassed guy, he's the one who ordered Bourbon right ? I don't know, maybe he's the culprit ?

Wait, is he even a suspect ?

Anyway, whoever that guy is, he doesn't seem very BO-ish to me...

I suspect he is a detective that the good-for-nothing friend hired to see what his fiancee was up to. That would explain why sunglasses knew about Tohru and the woman "dating" and said so. It also explains the bathroom meeting; he was reporting his investigation results. Both people hired detectives on each other and the to-be-husband's detective thought the to-be-wife was cheating on her fiancee with her detective. The to-be-husband then tried to take it out on Tohru by whacking him around and such.

I just finished Gundam. Basically Lalah loved Char and he loved her back (they were kissing and stuff). She had run into Amuro on an earlier occasion, and in the heat of battle she and Amuro had a psychic conversation about fate and about how Amuro was a BAD PERSON for trying to hurt Char. Lalah thought Amuro was going to kill Char if she didn't kill Amuro first. Amuro pointed out that maybe it was fate that they met earlier and then Lalah became confused about her feelings. There was this really weird light show that made me wonder if she and Amuro were having psychic... well, you can imagine. Sayla Mass (Sera's namesake) went flying by and distracted Char unintentionally. Amuro took the moment to try to kill Char, but Lalah stepped in and took the fatal blow. She died. Char became very, very angry and vowed to kill Amuro in revenge for Lalah.

I thought the whole Lalah love thing was a bit... strange and contrived.

If you want to put this in the DC theory sense though, it seems like there won't be a clean role divide between Tohru and Akai -> they both have elements of both Amuro and Char. This only matters though if the Akemi-Akai-Bourbon triangle is true of course.

I'm pretty iffy about the love-triangle stuff, but so far I cannot think of any more suitable motive for Bourbon's hatred towards Akai. However, the different part is that if some kind of showdown actually breaks out between those two in the near future, this time, there will be no Akemi saving Akai, since she's already dead. And that battle is gonna be epic.

Also, the bolded part seems to be in use, if you know what I mean. :lol:

I suspect he is a detective that the good-for-nothing friend hired to see what his fiancee was up to. That would explain why sunglasses knew about Tohru and the woman "dating" and said so. It also explains the bathroom meeting; basically he was reporting his investigation results. Basically both people hired detectives on each other and the to-be-husband's detective thought the to-be-wife was cheating on her fiancee with her detective. The to-be-husband then tried to take it out on Tohru by whacking him around and such.

This couple really should have gotten themselves a life...

For sunglasses guy, it's possible he's got a link to the BO, not only 'cause of some stuff the others said, but he did say, "OK" in English, that implies a link to America/UK/AnotherEnglishSpeakingCountry. Normally people with those kinds of links either lived there (Sera, Jodie, Vermouth, other FBI) or are BO members...well, at the very least, it's strange how Conan took such an interest in him...

Whatever was written in Akemi's unshown PS to Akai, I hope that it will be revealed by the end of this arc.

@Stopwatch: Can you add more poll for members to vote for the culprit ? :D

I've been holding off because we don't have official names but I can start it anyway. If there is another question that you or anyone else would like to vote on please make a suggestion.

• Upvote 1

LOL at the last option :lol:

But seriously, I have absolutely no idea who to suspect right now. I doubt that it will be Toru. The sun-glassed guy is the most suspicious, but I also doubt it. If I just go by my personal feeling and no logical deduction, I think that it was the good-for-nothing husband.

What trick did the culprit use is still unclear at the moment though...

I also think it's that to-be-husband.

BUT

It also could be the to-be-wife. The woman's fakenails are kinda suspicious(or at least they are somekind of key in this case). Them were strongly decorated and it's possible that someone else has nails like that too.(to-be-wife is the murderer and faked her death in order to escape her marriage...)

But I can say more when I have read the English translation. This is just a crazy idea that popped out from mind. Maybe I should go to sleep... Night!

Uh, nevermind about my previous post...

But there is still some suspicious things:

-fakenails

-to-be-husbands two cellphones

-the hair brush(like the polices mentioned there)

The file is out in DCTP!!!

Well, maybe the to-be-husband is the culprit.

-He "talked" with his to-be-wife via phone even thought the accident had already happened

-He probably "hurt" his hand to glass fragments on purpose in order to explain his wound he got when he attacted against his to-be-wife. Or something...

-He blew up the bomb in the car using his mobile phone for that...

And of course I have no evidences yet. :)

I just read it. And so far I think that Amuro is Bourbon with what little info we have. However, Gosho seems to like putting red herrings in the form of people drinking the namesake drink.

As for Scar Akai, I always thought it was someone in a mask. However, Gosho needs to make a good reason why the disguise was so good. For that reason, I believe that Vermouth was in on it, be it Bourbon or one of her underlings doing her bidding. If Scar Akai is Bourbon, and he did not have help with the mask from Vermouth, Gosho needs to explain how he was able to make such a disguise that was good enough to fool Akai's partner.

It would not surprise me in the least to learn that the person drinking bourbon is also a detective. That would be the red herring along with Okiya, who is most likely to be Akai.

If all of this is true, then I am really getting disappointed by Gosho, because he is starting to make it too easy...

edit: Oh and as for the case... Lack of evidence! The DNA found on the brush matches the DNA under the fingernail? Gosho... Gosho... Gosho... The only DNA that can be taken from that brush is Mitochondrial DNA unless he pulled his hair out from the root while it was living. Otherwise you aren't getting any DNA from it that can be used to positively match the culprit. Mitochondrial DNA is the same over generations originating from the mother. That said, if it is his brush it is also possible that other people have used it, including his fiance. They never confirmed or denied the presence of multiple DNA samples on the brush either. Gosho must clear up these issues by the end of the case.

I always wondered why Gosho uses those Gundam references, its a little odd don't you think?

It's because Gosho uses theme naming. Main usually characters get named after detective related characters if their names didn't come from somewhere else first (Takagi Wataru). Case suspects have a different theme every week, often related to the case. The Lethal Ramen suspects were named after different size ramen orders for instance. Akai and his connections seem to get named after Gundam chars.