Detective Conan World
SwordFighterHM

English or Japanese?

284 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer watching Detective Conan in english or in japanese?

Ya... And when it's subbed, you can't actually differentiate those speaking englglish so sometimes you will think,“hey, didn't she just speak using perfect english just now? Why is she asking what that word means?"

Orisnt jodie an english teacher? Why is her english sooo bad?""

I don't like dubs in general. I find that the voices are often slowed and they sound a tad bit ridiculous.

The same goes for Detective Conan. I did not like the dubbed voices and I especially dislike the change in names. Also, I find that some of the dialogue cannot be translated. There are just some things that make more sense if they were not translated and you have a small understanding of Japanese culture and language. Of course, this isn't the case for everyone, so it's understandable that those who don't have an appreciation for Japanese styled jokes to prefer the dubbed version.

And on a more fangirlish level, I find that the sounds of the Japanese voices of Shinichi, Heiji, Kaitou Kid and just about every other good-looking male character to be more attractive than their English counterparts.

My opinion is kinda biased since I started watching the show in English when I was younger, but after hearing the English voices, they really grow on you. The way I see it is that whichever dub you listened to first is the one that you will be most attached to.

The Japanese version is really good and is starting to grow on me, but the English dub will always be the best. XD

I prefer Japanese, naturally.

Until now, I've always watched Detective Conan in German. I like it (a lot) because the names and everything are the same as in the Japanese Detective Conan.

I'm really, REALLY disgusted with the translation of Shinitchi and Ran to 'Jimmy' and 'Rachel', like omfg, so when the German television decides to stop dubbing the episodes, I'll surely switch to Japanese but never EVER to English lol.

I like the english-version better, the voice of conan in english seem so cute. just so u know, the name are not mix up, so are the voice. But anyways case closed fans are getting less each days so i guess Funimation won't make CC no more. I can't wait so i kinda search up online and a list of DC show up (Japanese version).I wish people would donate FUNIMATION

I agree with what everyone else said. i started the series by watching the english version, and loved it. but i watched one episode in japanese, and one in english, and the murderer's motive changed big time! i really think they should have kept the original names to preserve the traditional part of it.