Detective Conan World
Detective Kudo

Why doesn't anyone find the needle

I have always wondered, Why doesn't Kogoro, the police, or the people Conan knocks out find the anesthetic needle on their body afterwards. Its a silver needle sticking in your body and conan never pulls them out afterwards. Kogoro has been shot in his forehead sometimes and never noticed? He has to know Conan is knocking him out, he even recalls the tingling feeling in different places where Conan shoots him. When the police takes away a knocked out culprit, why don't they ever find the needle when they are searching them?

I want to hear what you all think about this

-Detective Kudo

Well, the average person can assume that the needle disintegrates after impact, but there is a thorn in that theory.

When Conan accidentally shoots Ran in the butt in that episode with Tequilla, the needle is visible, and Conan mentions that he could retrieve it.

So really, my guess is that the needle somehow dislodges and vanishes over time. Otherwise Kogoro would look VERY STRANGE.

Well, the average person can assume that the needle disintegrates after impact, but there is a thorn in that theory.

When Conan accidentally shoots Ran in the butt in that episode with Tequilla, the needle is visible, and Conan mentions that he could retrieve it.

So really, my guess is that the needle somehow dislodges and vanishes over time. Otherwise Kogoro would look VERY STRANGE.

But in the time before it dissolves why wouldn't anyone notice? i still find it strange

Perhaps the needle is made of a material that changes into a gas a certain time after it comes into contact with the air. Like if something oxidises the speed at which it reacts with the air could vary and that's why Conan had to get the needle from Ran, because if she sat down or something before it had fully reacted then she'd realise. Not sure if I explained it properly there but it's just a suggestion, I doubt that's the actual reason. I'll just think of it as a bit of a plothole until (if ever) it gets explained. :)

Perhaps the needle is made of a material that changes into a gas a certain time after it comes into contact with the air. Like if something oxidises the speed at which it reacts with the air could vary and that's why Conan had to get the needle from Ran, because if she sat down or something before it had fully reacted then she'd realise. Not sure if I explained it properly there but it's just a suggestion, I doubt that's the actual reason. I'll just think of it as a bit of a plothole until (if ever) it gets explained. :)

Perhaps it reacts to skin.

Well, if it's really thin, it's hard to see. Kind of like a thin piece of thread.

Or fishing wire. Only fishing wire kills easier. icon_twisted.gif

That makes a lot of sense, but i stil can't blieve Gosho didn't address this yet :blink:

or like Mohorovicic said, it reacts to skin :eek:

and i don't know Amy, i still think someone would have eventually noticed if it was just that. :geek:

I still want to see what other people think about it :?:

I think it'd be pretty hard for me not to mention a giant elephant in the middle of the room. I think the needle always breaks though, because that's how it looks when I watch the anime.

First comment: I am not clicking on that link. It leads to TV tropes and I get the feeling my browser will not be able to cope (last time it almost crashed I had so many tabs open). :mrgreen:

Second comment: So, I've decided to modify my theory a bit after people have suggested it reacts with the skin. I'd put that a bit more specifically and say it reacts with the oils in the skin (which would mean it's made out of an alkali I think), and say it reacts very quickly once it makes contact. That'd also explain the Ran-needle incident, because the needle attatched to her didn't disappear because it didn't touch her skin! ...feel free to point out any flaws in this argument

First comment: I am not clicking on that link. It leads to TV tropes and I get the feeling my browser will not be able to cope (last time it almost crashed I had so many tabs open). :mrgreen:

Second comment: So, I've decided to modify my theory a bit after people have suggested it reacts with the skin. I'd put that a bit more specifically and say it reacts with the oils in the skin (which would mean it's made out of an alkali I think), and say it reacts very quickly once it makes contact. That'd also explain the Ran-needle incident, because the needle attatched to her didn't disappear because it didn't touch her skin! ...feel free to point out any flaws in this argument

Yea that makes complete sense :cool:

Nice job.

I think it'd be pretty hard for me not to mention a giant elephant in the middle of the room. I think the needle always breaks though, because that's how it looks when I watch the anime.

Then why didn't it break when Conan accidentally hit Ran?

I've decided to modify my theory a bit after people have suggested it reacts with the skin. I'd put that a bit more specifically and say it reacts with the oils in the skin (which would mean it's made out of an alkali I think), and say it reacts very quickly once it makes contact. That'd also explain the Ran-needle incident, because the needle attatched to her didn't disappear because it didn't touch her skin! ...feel free to point out any flaws in this argument

Amusing. But is there any such chemical that reacts so aggressively and with a minute trigger? In addition, think about the tranquilizing liquid. It has to somehow make it to the target's veins.

BTW, does anyone know why Conan always aims for the neck?

I still think my elephant in the living room idea is decent. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Nice job.

Then why didn't it break when Conan accidentally hit Ran?

Amusing. But is there any such chemical that reacts so aggressively and with a minute trigger? In addition, think about the tranquilizing liquid. It has to somehow make it to the target's veins.

BTW, does anyone know why Conan always aims for the neck?

I still think my elephant in the living room idea is decent. icon_e_biggrin.gif

He probably hit the neck to hit the vain near the two bones in the neck. One time Conan hit Kogoro in the finger, how did he know where the vain was?

I saw one of the scene where Conan shot the needle at Kogoro, then as soon as the needle struck, it shattered and disappeared. xD

:-o seriously! xD

it gets thrown into the proverbial haystack, never to be seen again.

lol i think the elephant in the room explains a lot of things about DC.

The elephant thing didn't help, the second link did though xD

The answer is simple: This is manga, what do you expect ? <_< The fact that no one notice Kogorou doesn't open his mouth when showing his deduction is not reality enough. I remember in an interview, when Gosho was asked about this, he said something like :" Because this is manga !".

• Upvote 1

I saw one of the scene where Conan shot the needle at Kogoro, then as soon as the needle struck, it shattered and disappeared. xD

Same thing happened to Gin.

In the end I don't think it's something Gosho expected someone to actually think about. The "needle" strikes Kogoro (or whoever Conan uses) in order for him to paralyze them, that's all the audience needs to know.

• Upvote 1

Actually During the Reunion With the Black Corps episodes, 176-178, we see Gin get hit by the tranc' dart then we see the dart/needle just break into tiny fragments. Maybe the original idea was to have it shatter after impact but it could be that doesn't do this 100% of the time. This could be the reason why the one time Conan hits Ran back pocket and remains intact.

• Upvote 1