Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

17 hours ago, Michiko17 said:

So I live in Mexico and I wanted to download Pokemon Go but my devices doesn't let me and I don't think it's available in my country, what should I do?

Which devices do you use? What are the error messages, if any?

16 hours ago, machine said:

It is rather disappointing that pokemon can't really be found in wooded areas. Even if it was mostly common pokemon, it'd be a nice touch if forests and hiking paths had a bunch of bug types and pokemon that are clearly inspired by birds. 

I see; tell me when you get around to hatching them then!
With the eeveelutions, if you want a certain type, you can nickname the eevee (spoilers maybe...?) either Rainer, Sparky, or Pyro to get vaporeon, jolteon, or flareon respectively. If you name it something else or leave the name as is, the evolution will be random. I think you can only use the name trick once per name, so it might be worth saving up until you can capture really high CP eevees. If you have a preference for one type over the others though, it's a nice way to ensure you'll be happy with the outcome at least once. 
Evolving pokemon is a good way to get exp though. You get 500 exp for every pokemon you evolve, and you get an additional 500 exp if the evolution is a pokemon you don't already have. You might want to hold off on evolving any pokemon you have though until you can get a lucky egg. Lucky eggs, when activated, double any exp you earn for 30min iirc, so you could probably level up a few times at once that way if you wanted. You'll get one when you reach level 9. 

As for battling gyms, and powering up pokemon via stardust, I'm not really sure what the best way to go about doing that is. If you plan on taking on gyms, it might be more worthwhile to hold off on evolving strong pokemon, and powering them until you're a higher level. If there are any Valor gyms near you, you could train there in the meantime though. 

I wouldn't say it's difficult being a part of Instinct. I'm not all that interested in battling gyms, but I like knowing that if I change my mind on that, I'll probably have an easy time finding a Valor or Mystic gym to go after. Being a part of the smallest team also makes it feel kinda cool whenever you do come across a friendly gym since Instinct gyms are fairly uncommon. I'm level 11 at the moment though, my strongest pokemon is a CP589 Flareon, and my pokedex is at 52 different species seen/caught. What about you? It's been about a week (sorry about that btw), have you made any more progress?

Also, how do you like the most recent update? I'm glad tracking got fixed and re-implemented, and, though it could be purely coincidental, I feel like pokemon aren't running away as much as they used to, nor are they jumping out of pokeballs as much as they did a couple days ago. The new nearby feature people in San Francisco are testing out looks cool too. I'm really happy about the addition of more trainer customization options as well. 

It is sort of disappointing, yeah. It's where you want to walk when catching Pokémon, not in the busy streets of the city. It would be cool if they'd spawn more around active players in the more remote areas. Wouldn't have to be as often as in the cities, just often enough for it to be worthwhile, and walking with your eyes fixed on the screen wouldn't be nearly as dangerous either, as it would when surrounded by busy traffic.

I hatched another egg yesterday (in the middle of school hours, too), and I got a Magikarp. Still a long way from getting a Gyarados, haha. Currently trying to hatch another 2km egg. How many eggs have you hatched so far?

I did hear about the naming an Eevee something specific trick, but I thought that was just a rumour. I guess I will wait to name/evolve my Eevees until I'm at a higher level, as well as any other Pokémon. Would be cool if I could find an Abra or Cubone, though, then those would be the first I'd evolve. I like my Drowzee at 204 CP, and I also have a Fearow at 220 CP. Thanks for the tips, machine! You're really helping me a lot, haha. (:

I did consider joining Instinct for that exact reason, but, as I said, I settled on Valor because of its colour, haha. I have also considered ways to work together with another team, i.e. Team Instinct, so we could easier beat the Mystics. Problem is I know too little of the game to come up with anything useful.

I have found and caught 28 different Pokémon, and I'm nearly at level 8, so I have made a bit of progress since school began. It is a lot easier to play in the city, after all.

I like the updates. The game crashed a lot for me before, but since the updates it's been working like a charm, haha, and I have no problem finding any Pokémon. I haven't heard about the new nearby feature you mentioned, but I hope it's as good as you say. (: I'm mostly glad they added an option to change your name, albeit just as a one-time-only thing (if I understood correctly). When I find a better and more fitting name for myself, I'll definitely change it. How about an option to change teams, you know, as another one-time-only feature?

On 8/4/2016 at 7:58 AM, Neo Balthazar said:

Here is something strange from critics. Braveheart had like a 78%RT and 68% meta with an avg.score of 7.2.

To me braveheart is one of the all time greats, it has everything in it. It got 5 oscars out of 10 noms ( to be honest, i dont care for the oscars i think they are the same as reviewers who judge these films. Saying that this movie is the best of this year is stupid. Like how can you tell. But most folks care so its great marketing for whatever movie lands a spot there. ). A lot of films were not praised high but in later years ended up being all time favorites. Like seriously, if you watched indiana jones and the KOTCS, how can tgey give it positive reviews. The first 3 are great. 

The other day i was watching foxcatcher, higly praised, indi film. I dont dislike indi films, i think they are great. But this one was such a snooz fest to me. But the actors gave great performances. You couldnt tell it was them.

Im going to watch it on friday. 

Makes me wonder what wonder women will be like. I would love to see her take on the world already

Still have to watch Braveheart :3

I couldn't agree with you more with Oscar's. Just look at the Best Actor Awards, Leonardo Di Caprio only won an Oscar's award awhile ago yet he's like considered already a  legendary actor. (Special Mention of his performance on Inception and Titanic)

I haven't watched any Indiana Jones Movie nor that KOTCS and foxcatcher. and, I ain't really a fan of Action/Superhero-tailored movies or those movies that is based around alot of explosions and CGI effects. I'm more interested in movies with heavy plots.

On 8/4/2016 at 10:24 PM, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

It's an old series, then.

It seemed a bit weird, I guess? Not bad, just strange. I don't know.

Yeah, I heard that almost every English People watched the original Doctor Who. It's like already part of their culture. (Kinda stereotypical :P)

===

On My Mind #1: New PL season is around the corner and Arsenal haven't buyed any player that is noteworthy. :V Why Am I surprised anyways? It's always been like these. Hehe, can't wait for Mr. Wenger to say the cliched words, he always says every start of the season; "Mental Strength" and "Stability" not new Transfers can win us the title this year.

He really should go. It's always been like these.

On My Mind #2: "Come along, Pond" T___T

Never thought I would like Amelia Pond as the Doctor's companion, but I did. She was annoying and overflirtarious at first (even tried seducing the Doctor on a one night stand like the day before her own wedding :V Didn't work tho.) , but she eventually grew out of that starting when Rory came in and joined the Adventure like 5 episodes later in the fifth Episode.

c907f31f69151b6b433b76ae510978d9.jpg

Timey Wimey. :P

On My Mind #3: Heard that the hyped, No Man's Sky just got released awhile ago. Basically, it's a space exploration/survival game and there's like 8 quantillion completely distinct planets in the game that it's almost impossible to see another human player on the game since again, 8 quantillion planets :V I think this is the best way to see test out Fermi Paradox.

On 8/5/2016 at 2:56 AM, machine said:

I agree! Though a lot of people have been complaining about Niantic and the recent update a lot, the app's accomplished quite a bit in its short lifespan. It's garnered worldwide attention, broke some records, and is getting large amounts of people to go outside and explore their local communities. The park near my friend's house used to rarely have more than 15 people there at a time, but when we went on Sunday, there were easily over 100 people there, and on Wednesday evening, there were at least 70 people just hanging around, hoping one of the lures would attract something neat. We ran into a few of our old classmates who we haven't seen in 4+ years while there too.
No one would've imagined this a year ago. It's actually a bit sad knowing that the hype will probably die down soon, and the large crowds will dwindle as the new school year kicks into gear. For the time being though, it's a weird/unique feeling being a part of a fad this large. 

Pokemon Go culture is amazing. Just a few days ago I was helping out with research in a hospital lab and I noticed that even the person I’m working with has the game on her phone (this is a full-fledged adult, might I add). GEEZUS. Like you never would’ve expected???

And just last week, I went to some meet-up in a neighboring city and as I was leaving (I was on my phone catching Pokemanz of course, pfft), I ran into a friend who I haven’t seen in ages, and the first thing she asked me was if that was Pokemon Go on my phone. AHHHHHHHHHH.

I was also catching Pokemon with a friend yesterday night, and his mom seemed totally cool with the idea that we were just running around the neighborhood in pitch darkness hunting down fictional augmented reality creatures with our phones??

I probably sound like a fanatic with all these instances I’m recalling (tbh, I’m actually a little behind), but I still haven’t gotten over the kind of culture that has developed around Pokemon Go. There’s definitely a lot of room for improvement, but that also means there’s still a lot of potential for the game. Unfortunately, as you’ve said, the hype will have to die down eventually, but until then I’ll be relishing every moment and immersing myself with everything this game has to offer, ahah.

--

OMM: my friend and I were looking out for the meteor shower a couple days ago (only briefly though)

and frick, I just saw a shooting star for the first time in my life

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

I’m so happy, ahhhhhhhhhh :’)

Started writing letters, i.e. emails, to a Frenchman. School-related and all, I got my first reply earlier today (technically yesterday), and man is it cool! Translating his letter wasn't as difficult as I had expected, haha, and when I've had my sleep I'll be writing my reply. (:

47 minutes ago, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

Started writing letters, i.e. emails, to a Frenchman. School-related and all, I got my first reply earlier today (technically yesterday), and man is it cool! Translating his letter wasn't as difficult as I had expected, haha, and when I've had my sleep I'll be writing my reply. (:

Snail mail letter? And, Is the person you're writing to a girl? :P JK JK (I know its a guy since "frenchman")

If it's snail mail, I'll be damned surprise that your school still teaches student how to communicate through that way.

===

On My Mind: Been raining non-stop here since last week

11 hours ago, .MK. said:

Snail mail letter? And, Is the person you're writing to a girl? :P JK JK (I know its a guy since "frenchman")

If it's snail mail, I'll be damned surprise that your school still teaches student how to communicate through that way.

You actually use 'Frenchman' for all French people, men and women alike. :P At least in Danish we do, but I think they do in English as well?

Not exactly snailmail as it's, well, email. We do learn how to write proper mails, though.

31 minutes ago, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

You actually use 'Frenchman' for all French people, men and women alike. :P At least in Danish we do, but I think they do in English as well?

Not exactly snailmail as it's, well, email. We do learn how to write proper mails, though.

I dunno lol.

I think most schools in the world still teaches students how to write proper mails. You know, like the ones with the address on top haha. Had learned it too but kinda forgot.

===

On My Mind: I do not believe in luck but some people, just some people seems to be naturally unlucky. Freaking jesus christ, my mouse broke down like awhile ago now the spacebar on my keyboard is broken (and don't get me started on other stuffs :V). I have to like reroute the spacebar to another key and now I'm using control key to type space and it's freaking hard.

I know it sounds like a first world problem but gahd, my freaking work is done in a PC so a non-working PC, means me dead so I have to be resourceful about this.

The universe is trying to troll me hard ;__;

36 minutes ago, .MK. said:

IOn My Mind: I do not believe in luck but some people, just some people seems to be naturally unlucky. Freaking jesus christ, my mouse broke down like awhile ago now the spacebar on my keyboard is broken (and don't get me started on other stuffs :V). I have to like reroute the spacebar to another key and now I'm using control key to type space and it's freaking hard.

I know it sounds like a first world problem but gahd, my freaking work is done in a PC so a non-working PC, means me dead so I have to be resourceful about this.

The universe is trying to troll me hard ;__;

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What you describe is what I call a good day :'3

On my mind : I need to get in touch with my old friends. And their Lure Modules.

On 8/12/2016 at 2:38 PM, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

I have also considered ways to work together with another team, i.e. Team Instinct, so we could easier beat the Mystics.

gokvsUO.jpg

--

OMM: Everyone else is enjoying Pokemon Go while us New Jerseyans are boiled alive

45hFWiy.png

2fa.jpg

1 hour ago, Kjeldahl said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What you describe is what I call a good day :'3

Eh it's a normal day for me :P

On My Mind: Altho I dont play pokemon go, the haters of it are just paranoid. The fact that they're hating it because it's trending and everyone is playing it is just plain absurd. A proper reason like maybe about the stupid accidents would be understandable

Still, it made those people who never goes out of their houses, actually explore the outer rim, is a good thing. It's just a matter of being mindful :V

Can say the samething about those parents who antagonizes the internet and the digital age as it's some sort of work of the devil. It's some sort of de-stresser in a too much responsibilities rigged life.

On My Mind #2: A madman in a blue box travelling through space and time. Always one step ahead. Not unlikely to be real. :3 

I cant stop fangirling. pls someone stop me from posting more about it

On My Mind #3: Raining heavily and no water in the faucet :V Ironic.

On 8/13/2016 at 0:06 PM, .MK. said:

Still have to watch Braveheart :3

I couldn't agree with you more with Oscar's. Just look at the Best Actor Awards, Leonardo Di Caprio only won an Oscar's award awhile ago yet he's like considered already a  legendary actor. (Special Mention of his performance on Inception and Titanic)

I haven't watched any Indiana Jones Movie nor that KOTCS and foxcatcher. and, I ain't really a fan of Action/Superhero-tailored movies or those movies that is based around alot of explosions and CGI effects. I'm more interested in movies with heavy plots.

its braveheaaaaaart, you got to watch it

i think of leo as a great actor, regardless if he ever won or didnt win an oscar

tom cruise never won, and the guy literal works for everyone when he is filming a movie 

i know you are young, but indiana jones...dude, got to watch that

On 8/11/2016 at 9:45 PM, machine said:

OMM 1: ..I think I like musicals. 

tumblr_o07j5yNw8X1uwpcy3o1_500.gif

....... can it possibly be Hamilton that you're referring to? (though any other is totally cool too. I've always wanted to see Wicked and Something's Rotten)

23 hours ago, Akazora said:

OMM: Everyone else is enjoying Pokemon Go while us New Jerseyans are boiled alive

45hFWiy.png

2fa.jpg

It's the same deal here. Pretty sure most of the east coast is being affected by the heat wave (please just let it be a heat wave). I've personally witnessed a dramatic drop in the number of pokemon go-ers walking around, but heyyyy both the gym and two pokestops are within reach from the pool :)))

On 8/15/2016 at 9:14 PM, Neo Balthazar said:

its braveheaaaaaart, you got to watch it

i think of leo as a great actor, regardless if he ever won or didnt win an oscar

tom cruise never won, and the guy literal works for everyone when he is filming a movie 

i know you are young, but indiana jones...dude, got to watch that

I'll probably watch it soon. I dunno exactly when tho.

There's definitely a lot of actor/actresses out there that haven't won oscar or not even recognized that much who are really great.

And, I dunno. I might give it a try. But, really, it's just not my kind of movie.

On 8/15/2016 at 10:20 PM, Kirsch said:

I've personally witnessed a dramatic drop in the number of pokemon go-ers walking around, but heyyyy both the gym and two pokestops are within reach from the pool :)))

Well pretty expected, Niantic effed up big time in a consecutive row from what I heard, which ended with alot of people getting fed up with the game.

Specifically, the community wanted pvp battle systems and the basic server problems fixed  but they won't listen, instead they introduced alot of pointless mechanics to the game that just added more bugs/glitches and made the game harder. Bad game design, IMO.

Really sad with what happened. The game had alot of potential and it could have been something big but it's going down hill now.

===

On My Mind: I'm having thoughts of switching back to my old laptop coz of the problems I'm having with my current one. It's less powerful tho so I really dunno but I only really really need it for coding so... (but the games D:)

23 hours ago, .MK. said:

And, I dunno. I might give it a try. But, really, it's just not my kind of movie.

Well pretty expected, Niantic effed up big time in a consecutive row from what I heard, which ended with alot of people getting fed up with the game.

Specifically, the community wanted pvp battle systems and the basic server problems fixed  but they won't listen, instead they introduced alot of pointless mechanics to the game that just added more bugs/glitches and made the game harder. Bad game design, IMO.

Really sad with what happened. The game had alot of potential and it could have been something big but it's going down hill now.

Lol i think you misunderstood. I'm totally fine with the game as it is--it's the heat that's driving everyone to stay in their house. I think you're reading up on too many fanboy articles ranting about the update :P Most of the game is still the same as it was when it was first released.

OMM: The book is already 5 days overdue and I still haven't managed to write a report on it .-.

27 minutes ago, Kirsch said:

Lol i think you misunderstood. I'm totally fine with the game as it is--it's the heat that's driving everyone to stay in their house. I think you're reading up on too many fanboy articles ranting about the update :P Most of the game is still the same as it was when it was first released.

Well to you its fine.

But to other people, definitely not. Im honing on social media people not articles and defintely alot of people are complaining and had stopped playing it over the problems introduced.

On My Mind: 16th is the last draw, seems like it. Never ever thought... Never did. Caught me off guard.

On My Mind #2: Just gonna do my last chores. :3 I do keep my words

On My Mind #3: Delta Delta Delta Sigma Chi Chi 

On 8/17/2016 at 11:45 AM, Ryo said:

OMM Anyone else been watching the Olympics?

Had been watching avidly for swimming gymnastics and beach volleyball (which is all that NBC ever shows). Now that they're over I've been watching less often. ;-;

Hated how during this one beach volleyball match USA vs. Brazil, Brazilian fans were booing the American players the entire time. >.>

On 8/17/2016 at 0:24 PM, .MK. said:

Well to you its fine.

But to other people, definitely not. Im honing on social media people not articles and defintely alot of people are complaining and had stopped playing it over the problems introduced.

some-people-have-7cy3bi.jpg

On 8/17/2016 at 0:45 PM, Ryo said:

OMM Anyone else been watching the Olympics?

My throat is hoarse from excessive screaming and chanting "USA USA USA" :D

Mostly I've been watching swimming and gymnastics since those are the two they show the most, but like Cindy said, they're over now and idek what to do anymore. Also watched some track and field, synchronized swimming, volleyball, and even handball (that was interesting). I'm pretty upset I missed most taekwondo and diving events--i'd waited 4 years to hear the announcers say "splash-o-meter" lol.

OMM: I've known this for quite a while now but i still can't help but get all hyped up every time i think about it--

f1866739448640916285c5f3804aa187785cfaaf

readyplayeronefanart_large.jpg

Ready-Player-One.jpg

Ready Player One is going to have a cinematographic adaptation!

And it's going to be directed by Steven Spielberg and the music is set to be composed by John Williams.

I'm not even that well versed in the film industry and I'm drooling over these two names. It's coming out on Easter Day 2018, which is still a billion years away, but asdfghjkl fangirl mode has been activated. I mean, the book itself was a pain to get through because it was seriously lackluster in storytelling and overly stuffed with 80s references I don't get, but it was the book that got me into sci-fi. I can't wait to see how the Stacks, Columbus, and of course, OASIS are rendered on the big screen.

The hype is real.