Detective Conan World
Akazora

Is Snake's "Organization" the same as the Black Organization?

I thought I would give this topic a poke because we now have a wiki page for the Magic Kaito Organization: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Magic_Kaito_Organization#Relation_to_the_Black_Organization_from_Detective_Conan

I promise this is not an attempt to recruit volunteers for the wiki. Yes, yes this is a blatant advertisement for wiki volunteers. Now that you have seen this invisible message, you must edit the wiki.

Also, the relatively newly established member, Spider, can also be referred to many different forms of cocktails such as Barking Spider, Spider's Kiss, White Spider, etc. But personally I really doubt the MKO and BO are related. I personally think, similar to how the BO members are all alcoholic drinks, the MKO members are all venomous animals (I don't count Rose because she was only introduced in a DC OVA). Snakes can be poisonous and spiders can be poisonous. This is only my theory, but I can't seem to find any other relationship between "snake" and "spider" save for the fact that they both start with the letter "s".

^and people tend to have super phobias over them.

If your theory is correct, (which I think it is perfect and very possibly true), the implications of the names vs which org is better is just nothing short of hilarious. The vicious and obvious named are less stealthy and not as good at it, and the more evil ones you don't see coming are named after alcohol.

• Upvote 1

The vicious and obvious named are less stealthy and not as good at it, and the more evil ones you don't see coming are named after alcohol.

Perhaps the infrastructure of the organization is less well constructed. And also, the organization from Magic Kaito came before the Black Organization of Detective Conan, so Gosho gained experience on writing for "bad" people.

• Upvote 1

Also, the relatively newly established member, Spider, can also be referred to many different forms of cocktails such as Barking Spider...

I don't think Gosho is going to have the two of them be the same Org, but if so, I really hope barking spider was not the origin of the codename. That would be embarrassing.

If your theory is correct, (which I think it is perfect and very possibly true), the implications of the names vs which org is better is just nothing short of hilarious. The vicious and obvious named are less stealthy and not as good at it, and the more evil ones you don't see coming are named after alcohol.

Perhaps the infrastructure of the organization is less well constructed. And also, the organization from Magic Kaito came before the Black Organization of Detective Conan, so Gosho gained experience on writing for "bad" people.

Both excellent points. I wonder though if Gosho/the anime writers might attempt some sort of origin story now that Kaito Kid is showing up a lot more in DC and has his own anime series, like the boss of the MK Org used to work in the Black Org but split when there was a disagreement, or he got excited over the legend of Pandora and wanted to go after it for himself. As long as all the magic is kept out of the DC half something like that could work out and would go a long way towards explaining the similarities.

I don't think the two organizations have any connection originally. The organizations are different and act a little differently, in codename, intelligence, cautiousness, etc. The Kid Manga was before Conan iirc, therefore we can assume that idea was taken from that manga. He never finished the manga but featured Kid in DC. He obviously was added for a reason, maybe he will explain why Shinichi and Kaito looks alike and why their parents knew each other. I don't see the manga doing anymore than that, however the anime may draw up some type of connection, such as a man in a business,possibly under the BO, (which would explain why they never ran into each other with similar interest in the same city) that is linked to a smaller class of criminals to research into immortality the more magical way. I guess kinda like Hitler's inner circle.

I dont think Gosho would mix up both of them in the end coz he has to include the magic kaito version which can be a long arc for all the people who didnt read magic kaito. He would be unsure. And MK is what like twelve episodes. I dont think he will conclude this epic series based on vague storyline of Magic kaito .. No doubt Mk is good but in the end DC is DC.

While I agree with kudo1312 that "No doubt Mk is good but in the end DC is DC"... there are subtle hints that this is still an option.

In other hand the taste for "black" may be just a trick from Aoyama Sensei to make harder to find out what is BO and who is the boss.

But the fate is solely in his (Aoyama Gosho) hands!