Magic Kaito Organization
|"Magic Kaito Organization"|
|Japanese name:||No official name|
|English name:||No official name|
|Boss:||Magic Kaito Boss|
|Active Members:|| Snake |
Magic Kaito Sub-boss
Spider (MK Special only)
Rose (OVA 4 only)
|First appearance:|| Manga: MK Chapter 18|
Anime: Episode 5
|Appearances:|| Magic Kaito: 4|
|"Magic Kaito Organization" is a fan created nickname used to distinguish this organization from the Black Organization that appears in Detective Conan.|
- Snake is a codenamed member of the Magic Kaito Organization. He killed Toichi Kuroba and is currently searching for Pandora.
- Rose a woman who worked with Snake to steal the crystal mother. She aspires to become known as the number one sniper.
- Spider is a stage magician operating under the name of Gunter Von Goldberg II, he is considered "The Best Illusionist in the World". He is an anime only character, the boss of the Magic Kaito Organization ordered the sub-boss to contact him after Kaitou Kid ruined the Blue Birthday heist.
- The boss is highest ranking member of the Magic Kaito Organization so far. He was mentioned to exist in the manga, and has appeared in shadow in the anime. His anime email address is "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- The unnamed sub-boss is Snake's superior and reports directly to the boss. He was initially outmatched by Kaitou Kid after inadvertently revealing the goal of the Magic Kaito Organization within earshot. His anime email address is "email@example.com"
 Structure and Rank
The Magic Kaito Organization has been shown to have at least four distinct ranks. The highest is the unmentioned boss, referred to with deference by lower level members as "that person". A sub-boss who reports directly to "that person" is next down in seniority. Sub-bosses can order around code-named agents. Codenamed agents like Snake report directly to a sub-boss and so far are only told partial information about the goal of the Magic Kaito Organization. Codenamed agents in turn manage a small squad of low level agents who wear near identical beige trenchcoats and matching fedoras.
So far the the only known goal of the Magic Kaito Organization is to find Pandora, the gem which grants eternal life to the one who drinks its tears when Volley comet passes over. It is unknown what the Magic Kaito Organization intends to do with Pandora, or whether finding Pandora is their only goal rather than one facet of a larger plan.
 Modus operandi
The Magic Kaito Organization steals "big jewels" they think might be Pandora and return them to the sub-boss to be checked against the light of the moon. For some missions, the group acts in large numbers with a codenamed agent like Snake leading a group of many minor operatives. Other times codenamed agents work together without backup, as Snake and Rose were shown to do. Except for the sub-boss, all codenamed agents and their lackeys are shown to be armed at all times. So far, they do not seem to be concerned with silencers.
The Magic Kaito Organization is clearly very rich, shown by them using an expansive traditional Japanese home with escape tunnel as a hideout.
 Target Jewels
So far the Magic Kaito Organization has only targeted jewels of superlative size, typically the most massive in a particular category. Presumably they figure that the gem must be exceptionally large in order to hide the doublet Pandora within it.
 Plot Timeline
Eight years before the current timeline, famous magician Toichi Kuroba, who was Kaitou Kid at the time, was murdered by Snake a the orders of the Organization in a fake magic accident. Toichi was killed because he targeted the same gem as the Magic Kaito Organization.
 Current events
 The Fated Blue Birthday
Both Kaito Kuroba and the Magic Kaito Organization decide to target the Blue Birthday sapphire. Snake waits for Kaitou Kid on a roof and confronts the thief who he believes to be Toichi Kuroba. Snake reveals himself to be the one who killed Toichi Kuroba eight years before the events of Magic Kaito, making the death look like a stage accident.
Snake shoots Kid and takes possession of what he thinks is the Blue Birthday, but Kid survived thanks to putting the real Blue Birthday gem in his breast pocket. Snake goes to an old-fashioned mansion on the edge of the city, where a mysterious balding man with a mustache praises Snake's work, saying "This jewel could be the one he is searching for." The man then went on to explain what the Pandora Gem is: a jewel hidden within a larger jewel that can be identified because it glows red under the moonlight and will, at the time of a comet, "cry tears of immortality". Kid reveals himself to the two men, and vows to find Pandora before they do and "smash it to bits."
 Green Dream
Kid notes that suspicious men in gray coats are now present at all Kaitou Kid heists.
 The Crystal Mother
 Red Tear
Kaitou Kid continues to look for the Pandora gem, this time pursuing the blue ruby known as the "Red Tear," owned by a family of British magicians known as the Hoppers. Kaito suspects that Snake believes the gem has a good chance of being the Pandora Gem. However, since Kaito's father Toichi was trained by James Hopper, grandfather of the current magician Jody Hopper, Kaito knew that the gem was actually a sort of photo album which, when illuminated, projected images of the Hopper family onto the walls.
When Snake arrived to steal the Red Tear, he had one of his men dress as the Kaitou Kid while he himself went backstage and non-fatally shot many in the magician troupe in an attempt to get Jody to turn the gem over to him. He was about to shoot Jody but Kaito saved her life, then led Snake on a chase which ended in the latter falling out a window. Snake landed safely on an adjacent roof and presumably fled.
 Relation to the Black Organization from Detective Conan
It is unknown if the Magic Kaito's unnamed organization and Detective Conan's Black Organization are the same organization, partners, or entirely unrelated to one another. Theories for or against their connection have been presented by fans.
 Arguments for
- They are both mysterious well structured organizations, making their assassinations seem like accidents and leaving no evidence.
- Their boss's are referred to as "that person" (Ano kata).
- They both are potentially interested in obtaining immortality. The Magic Kaito Organization is looking for Pandora for the purposes of immortality. One of the most common theories is that Black Organization is working on APTX 4869 in order to achieve immortality.
- Snake could be short for snake wine. The anime-only character Rose may be a reference to rose wine, and the other anime-only character Spider was drinking some sort of alcohol from a bottle called 'spider'.
- Toichi Kuroba taught Sharon Vineyard the finer art of disguise.
 Arguments against
- The member of the Magic Kaito organization that claimed responsibility for killing Toichi eight years ago is referred to as "Snake", a nickname that doesn't fit in with the codenames of the Black Organization, suggesting they are two separate groups. The codename could be made to fit if Snake refers to snake wine, but because Kaitou Kid's origins have yet to be reexplained within the Detective Conan story, this is only speculation. Additionally a new member introduced in the anime by the name of Spider once again doesn't fit with the Black Organization's alcohol codenames.
- The Magic Kaito Organization uses much less subtle methods than the Black Organization. Snake confronts his targets openly while making no effort to hide face or eliminate those who saw him afterwards. He does not bother to silence his gun either.
- In the anime, the members of the Magic Kaito Organization are not shown to wear black outfits, as the Black Organization tends to do.
- The Magic Kaito Organization is looking for a magical gem called Pandora. The magical nature of Magic Kaito and its organization's search does not mesh with the non-magical setting of Detective Conan. Also it is absolutely never shown nor hinted that the Black Organization is hunting for some sort of jewelry.
 Manga to anime differences
 See also
- ^ Magic Kaito Episode 7: "The Splendid Rivals"
- ^ Magic Kaito episode 5
- ^ Aoyama, Gosho. "Chapter 6" (in Japanese). Magic Kaito. 3. Shogakukan. ("Blue Birthday")
- ^ Aoyama, Gosho (1994-10-15). "Blue Birthday" (in Japanese). Magic Kaito. 3. Tokyo: Shogakukan. p. 140. ISBN 4-09-122093-5.
|Magic Kaito Organization|
|High Ranking||Magic Kaito Boss • Magic Kaito Sub-boss|
|Other Agents||Snake • Spider (TV special only) • Rose (OVA only)|
|Related Articles||Pandora Gem|
|Main Characters||Kaito Kuroba • Kaitou Kid • Aoko Nakamori • Ginzo Nakamori • Akako Koizumi • Saguru Hakuba|
|Secondary Characters||Toichi Kuroba • Chikage Kuroba • Konosuke Jii • Keiko Momoi • Snake • Rose (OVA only) • Spider (TV special only)|
|Manga||Volume 1 • Volume 2 • Volume 3 • Volume 4|
|Magic Kaito: Kid the Phantom Thief||The Revived Phantom Thief • Kaitou Kid's Busy Date • The Princess Prefers Magic • A Witch Sheds No Tears • The Fated Blue Birthday • Love on the Ski Slope on Christmas Eve • The Splendid Rivals • The Secret of the Red Tear • The Witch, the Detective, and the Phantom Thief • The Reminiscent Golden Eye • The Tearful Crystal Mother • Tears of Love for the Dark Knight|
|Related Articles||List of characters who know Kaitou Kid's identity • Kaitou Kid's Gadgets • Magic Kaito Organization • Pandora Gem|