Detective Conan World
alice25

Why do People Hate Genta?

I never get it why people blame him for allegedly "wanting to be the leader" and "take Conan's place". In my opinion, they confuse him with Mitsuhiko in this case, and anyway I think Conan doesn't act like a true friend to the whole group of Detective Boys. Genta is still my favorite character, even after all these episodes, along with Ran and Yamamura. He also reminds me of my late cat, by both physical appearance and continuous hunger.

And all BLASPHEMERS should beware of the divine, human and alien justice that will eventually punish them for criticizing Genta!!!!!

• Upvote 2

I don't particularly hate him, but he'll never make it on my "favorites" list. I mean, he's that dumb and annoying person in the group; great for the occasional comedic relief, but that's it.

I never get it why people blame him for allegedly "wanting to be the leader" and "take Conan's place". In my opinion, they confuse him with Mitsuhiko in this case, and anyway I think Conan doesn't act like a true friend to the whole group of Detective Boys. Genta is still my favorite character, even after all these episodes, along with Ran and Yamamura. He also reminds me of my late cat, by both physical appearance and continuous hunger.

And all BLASPHEMERS should beware of the divine, human and alien justice that will eventually punish them for criticizing Genta!!!!!

its not allegedly, he does want to be the leader 

also can you blame conan for not wanting to get kids involved in crime investigations

he does play with them thou

MONSTER HUNTER YAMAMURA 

its not allegedly, he does want to be the leader 

When? Maybe it's my bad memory, but I don't remember a single episode of Genta trying to affirm his leadership. Mitsuhiko maybe a couple of times told other not to listen to Conan and wanted to be cool on his own, but Genta?

And I blame Conan for not wanting them around because there is no real danger, it's an anime, not even a realistic one the criminals they are against are a joke, even the black organization, considering the fact the whole gang is full of spies/ double agents and aren't able to deal with anybody quickly. I mean, the series is very interesting and I am a fan of it, but when Conan says he keeps everything secret to protect others.... Give me a break, the black organization would be in danger itself if Ran, Kogoro and the Detective Boys found out the truth. Ran would just kick them all to death and Genta (if he was still drawn with a pointed head like in the first episodes) would stab Gin below the waist with this head of his. And Chianti and Korn would have tried to shoot at them, but would hit each other instead :lol:

I agree with Balthazar. He does want to be leader (although I don't really care because he kind of fails every time...) and Conan's trying to protect them. He's a highschooler, and if anything, letting them follow him is just cruel. It may not seem that way in the show, but who would want to traumatize little kids with 100+ murder cases? The definition of a "true friend" is blurry too. Whether they are true friends or not is entirely up to him, and mind you, getting in the head of a fictitious cartoon character is a bit hard. Sure, he doesn't treat them as equals, but he does truly care about them, doesn't he? That's "friend" enough for me.

Why not criticize Genta? People should criticize their own favorite characters, IMO.

When? Maybe it's my bad memory, but I don't remember a single episode of Genta trying to affirm his leadership. Mitsuhiko maybe a couple of times told other not to listen to Conan and wanted to be cool on his own, but Genta?

And I blame Conan for not wanting them around because there is no real danger, it's an anime, not even a realistic one the criminals they are against are a joke, even the black organization, considering the fact the whole gang is full of spies/ double agents and aren't able to deal with anybody quickly. I mean, the series is very interesting and I am a fan of it, but when Conan says he keeps everything secret to protect others.... Give me a break, the black organization would be in danger itself if Ran, Kogoro and the Detective Boys found out the truth. Ran would just kick them all to death and Genta (if he was still drawn with a pointed head like in the first episodes) would stab Gin below the waist with this head of his. And Chianti and Korn would have tried to shoot at them, but would hit each other instead :lol:

... A lot of times. I'm too lazy to go search them up, but we're not the only ones who remember those scenes. 

Well, it's an anime, and they're anime characters. They live in the anime universe. To say there's no real danger in a fictitious show is stating the obvious, and if they somehow break the fourth wall and realize that there's no danger, then what's the point of this show? Or any show?

True, the BO would be easy to scatter into pieces if only they told, but Conan's consideration is that they'll die anyway. I mean, I really wish Gosho ends DC in a logical way, but *shrugs*

in the beginnings genta lobbied him self for the leader

it may be an anime but people get killed there and die 

i dont understand this, the situations are realistic (80-90)% of the time 

the reason none of them is dead is because the creator does not kill them 

i dont understand this, the situations are realistic (80-90)% of the time 

The criminals and their murderous intents are realistic, though their brains and Conan's OP-ness is questionable.

The criminals and their murderous intents are realistic, though their brains and Conan's OP-ness is questionable.

it got crazy as the show progressed on

seriously makoto breaking giant rocks with his hands

conans ball breaking hard material and he uses that force on other and he used it on kid...wow

the gadgets are realistic n the anime, stupid in the movies 

I don't think the criminals are realistic because usually people don't bother with all those gadgets like fishing lines passing through the keyhole, then tied to something to activate something else etc.

In real life they just shoot you or break your head in some dark street corner, without bothering to execute a "perfect crime". But on the other hand the show would be more boring if it was completely realistic in this aspect, because then the crimes would be simpler.

Or the fact that 99% murders are based on revenge, how realistic is that? Where are murders for power, money, jealosy, elimination of witnesses etc?

Or why do they always confess, never have the attitude like "I am not talking without my lawyer"?

I understand, this isn't relevant to Genta's character, but you asked why I don't consider it realistic.

As for Genta and others, I just think that if there are all these unrealistic things (starting with drugs that can turn adults into children and professor Agasa's gadgets), why not introduce another non-realistic element, like Conan teaching the children (at least Mitsuhiko who seems more clever) how to investigate, just to have a doctor Watson like sidekick. Maybe the comic relief provided by the Detective boys would assume a new, fresh form, become less boring.

By the way, if you happen eventually to remember at least one case where it was Genta and not Mitsuhiko trying to be the smart one or the leader, please let me know.

However, please don't take my attitude as belligerent just because I am defending Genta, it's just it's so funny how many fans seem to genuinely hate him as if he was public enemy n.1 (not you, you are quite moderate in criticizm of Genta, but I happened to read many funny things by anti-Genta fans all over internet).

First of all i dont think badky of you for defending genta with a passion. You like him, others dont.

i have had heated debates with kid fan girls and i dont think less of them cause they like him. Most folks would just shoot you in a dark cornner and most would make up some tricks to throw the police of their trail. You can easily end up being a suspect if you just know the victim. I dont want to go on on the motives cause they are simple to m, i killed someone and this guy saw me so wwhats one more. They killed because revenge, money, ect...for what else would you want them to be kikled. I think a lot of diff motives have been shown. And there is no reason or logic that a teenafer who is trapped in a kids body would train a actual kid to fight crime. Conans situation is different then the one you want for mitsu.

Well, think about it. Genta doesn't have much contribution to the plot. If Genta never existed in the first place, would the series really be impacted that much? He's more of a side character rather than a main character and it's been that way for nearly 20 years.

Also, Conan isn't going to let a primary school kid interfere with the BO plans all of a sudden. Genta or the DB could get involved through a random chain of events, but it won't ever be because Conan told them to do so.

I'm not going to go too in-depth on this because I don't want this post to turn into a rant. I don't hate Genta, but I'm not a fan of him either--though there really isn't anything wrong with liking him. Just my two cents.

I don't think the criminals are realistic because usually people don't bother with all those gadgets like fishing lines passing through the keyhole, then tied to something to activate something else etc.

In real life they just shoot you or break your head in some dark street corner, without bothering to execute a "perfect crime". But on the other hand the show would be more boring if it was completely realistic in this aspect, because then the crimes would be simpler.

Seeing that smart criminals are the essence of DC, there's no point in arguing that. However, I'm calling them realistic because they are quite 'human' for characters that appear for only a few episodes each.

Or the fact that 99% murders are based on revenge, how realistic is that? Where are murders for power, money, jealosy, elimination of witnesses etc?

There are plenty of those. However, you're right in the fact that the majority is revenge. I have to disagree with the lack of realism though; revenge is one of the most likely motives that will turn a normal person into a murderer.

Or why do they always confess, never have the attitude like "I am not talking without my lawyer"?

Gosho's excuse is that Conan is smart enough to find the right button to push. Other than that, *shrugs*

As for Genta and others, I just think that if there are all these unrealistic things (starting with drugs that can turn adults into children and professor Agasa's gadgets), why not introduce another non-realistic element, like Conan teaching the children (at least Mitsuhiko who seems more clever) how to investigate, just to have a doctor Watson like sidekick. Maybe the comic relief provided by the Detective boys would assume a new, fresh form, become less boring.

Okay, I'm not even going to try to defend the APTX and the gadgets... However, what makes layering one bad thing on another bad thing good? Plus, Conan's already teaching them as much as his arrogant and overprotective nature will allow him to. Letting the DBs fully become his 'Watson' will drag down the show, IMO.

By the way, if you happen eventually to remember at least one case where it was Genta and not Mitsuhiko trying to be the smart one or the leader, please let me know.

A Haunted Mansion Murder Case, to name one. It doesn't state explicitly in the Wiki, but Genta did proclaim himself as leader and force Conan to be the "peasant" (at least I think it was this episode...). Anyway, it says right on his wiki, under "Relationships".

However, please don't take my attitude as belligerent just because I am defending Genta, it's just it's so funny how many fans seem to genuinely hate him as if he was public enemy n.1 (not you, you are quite moderate in criticizm of Genta, but I happened to read many funny things by anti-Genta fans all over internet).

Haha, don't worry about that. It's still a good discussion ;) I do think it's also important to criticize even your favorite characters though.

First of all i dont think badky of you for defending genta with a passion. You like him, others dont.

i have had heated debates with kid fan girls and i dont think less of them cause they like him. Most folks would just shoot you in a dark cornner and most would make up some tricks to throw the police of their trail. You can easily end up being a suspect if you just know the victim. I dont want to go on on the motives cause they are simple to m, i killed someone and this guy saw me so wwhats one more. They killed because revenge, money, ect...for what else would you want them to be kikled. I think a lot of diff motives have been shown. And there is no reason or logic that a teenafer who is trapped in a kids body would train a actual kid to fight crime. Conans situation is different then the one you want for mitsu.

//shot for being a Kid fangirl

I mean how is he any different from the other detective boys.

He's not any different, apart from his personality. They all play the same role in the story, even if their traits are different. Some people dislike him because of his traits. Other people dislike the DB as a whole because of their role. There's not much else to it, considering it just varies as opinion from there.

how do you figure that

i want to know, just because he wants to investigate...but so does conan 

what is he going to tell them, stay put

Just his clumsiness or more accurately, the DB's determination to get involved as a whole.

Conan's practically the cause of those cases now, so he doesn't count xD

how do you figure that

i want to know, just because he wants to investigate...but so does conan 

what is he going to tell them, stay put

I think people hate Genta because he is the one who mostly put the group in danger, in short the troublemaker. Another reason people hate him because of his stupid ideas that does not even belong to the topic. But, why did Gosho Aoyama put him in DC? Maybe Gosho wants to add a little "funny humor" character in DC. :)

I think people hate Genta because he is the one who mostly put the group in danger, in short the troublemaker. Another reason people hate him because of his stupid ideas that does not even belong to the topic. But, why did Gosho Aoyama put him in DC? Maybe Gosho wants to add a little "funny humor" character in DC. :)

the same argument can be made for ayumi and mitsu ( excluding stupid ideas for him )

He's not hate-able for me. He's not like-able either. Well, that's just me.

I don't particularly like any of DB. They're such brats for me.

They want to poke their heads in all criminal cases they encounter. And when Conan wants them to stay out of the way (since he's protecting them like, you guys have said), they'll get angry with Conan and go on their own. Then it'll be Conan's or Ai's job to save them. Such a pain. Why don't they just listen? *sigh*

Well, anyway, as I have said, I can't really hate him. His antics are funny most of the time.

I remember the last scene in the final episode of the dubs was about George. It was a classic ending to a great run and really left a good impression for the Case Closed experience.

But after that he turned into Genta. . .I remember the scene in the castle where Ayumi says "Genta, please don't lean on me. . ." Lol!!!

If you don't like the DB, I'd suggest re-watching the earlier episodes. To me, in the anime as opposed to the manga, the DB's emerge a little too fast and you only get a small glimpse of what they're like before they know about eachother. I'd really like to see more character development between the characters before they all get together and solve some case, but I'll take what Gosho gives.

Back on Genta, whenever he gets trapped my brother throws his hands up and proclaims "George is dead. You died George." and it's actually pretty funny, try it some time!