Detective Conan World

Bourbon  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What is Bourbon's identity?

• Okiya Subaru
    • Scar Akai (Note that most votes here are from before Amuro existed.)
    • Sera Masumi
    • Akai Shuuichi (who is reinfiltrating the Org.)
    • A new character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Koumei
    • Andre Camel
    • Another known character in disguise
    • Amuro Tooru who is Scar Akai
    • Amuro Tooru who is not scar Akai
  2. 2. What is Bourbon's real assignment? (multiple choice)

• Find and kill Sherry
    • Find and kill Akai
    • Investigate the FBI to make sure Akai is really dead
    • Investigate Conan/Shinichi's true identity and kill him if necessary
    • Infiltrate the FBI
    • Test Kir's loyalty
    • Kill someone else
    • Some other assignment
    • Bourbon is a double agent and is trying to spy on or damage/destroy the Org
    • Bourbon doesn't want to do his assignment for personal reasons (e.g. sympathy)
  3. 3. What is Vermouth's promise with Bourbon? (multiple choice)

• Something not listed below
    • Don't do anything that harms Conan and Ran
    • Watch and/or protect Conan and Ran
    • Don't do anything that harms Haibara
    • Watch and/or protect Haibara
    • Don't do anything that harms someone else
    • Watch and/or protect someone else
    • Capture Sherry/Haibara without harming someone else.
    • Capture or kill Akai without harming someone else.
    • To kill/harm a particular person
    • Obtain some information related to Conan or Haibara
    • Obtain some information related to Sera
    • Obtain some information related to Okiya
    • Bourbon will keep a certain secret.
    • Bourbon will not sidetrack him/herself from his/her main mission
    • To do a side operation that is not part of Bourbon's main mission
    • Don't do anything suspicious in front of Conan or Kogoro

Bourbon was Rikumichi Kusudas best Friend, that's I believe!

Bourbon was emerged after Kusudas death (Episode 509) and

Rikumichi Kusudas suicide was a result by Akais car chase -

this is why Bourbon hate Akai: he want revenge for his Friend! :evil:

Hmmph, a new idea.

My opinion: bit lacking on the evidence, but has potential. Seems unlikely though.

If we are on the topic of why Bourbon hates Akai, I'm in the romantic triangle camp unless evidence comes along to change that. Of course there is zero evidence for my current theory.

Akai and Bourbon both really dig Akemi, but Akemi likes Akai. Meanwhile, Akai was slowly distinguishing himself among the ranks of the organization, but Bourbon -who may also be distinguishing himself at the same time or had already done so- doesn't trust Akai. Eventually, Akai is given the codename Rye and is called to work under Gin, but has to pass a "final loyalty test." (Props if this was designed by Bourbon.) Akai is going to meet Gin in a warehouse where, unknown to the MiB, the FBI have set up an ambush for Gin. Meanwhile, a mysterious old man comes in and sits down. (We never did figure out who this man was. It could be Vermouth in disguise, but why send another high ranking agent into a potential ambush without scoping it out first with a low rank dude? What if it was Bourbon who wasn't so high ranked at the time? The black coat and hat is similar (it's a stretch)) Akai ignores him, but Camel reveals himself and the rest we know about. This incident was the figurative fatal blow intended for Akai, but Akai escapes and it ultimately seals Akemi's fate. Akemi was going to be killed one way or another as a liability. Despite Bourbon's love for Akemi, he would have had to cut himself off from her or risk the Org's rejection for being a liability because of his emotional attachments. Furthermore, Akemi is still loyal to Akai despite knowing he was "the enemy" and was using her which only salts Bourbon's wounds. This would explain why Bourbon hates Akai's guts.

The reason I like this theory is because it explains why scar Akai protected Conan in the Teito bank heist; he recognized Conan from the newspaper article that came out about Akemi's death.

Conan_newspaper.jpg

If we are on the topic of why Bourbon hates Akai, I'm in the romantic triangle camp unless evidence comes along to change that. Of course there is zero evidence for my current theory.

Akai and Bourbon both really dig Akemi, but Akemi likes Akai. Meanwhile, Akai was slowly distinguishing himself among the ranks of the organization, but Bourbon -who may also be distinguishing himself at the same time or had already done so- doesn't trust Akai. Eventually, Akai is given the codename Rye and is called to work under Gin, but has to pass a "final loyalty test." (Props if this was designed by Bourbon.) Akai is going to meet Gin in a warehouse where, unknown to the MiB, the FBI have set up an ambush for Gin. Meanwhile, a mysterious old man comes in and sits down. (We never did figure out who this man was. It could be Vermouth in disguise, but why send another high ranking agent into a potential ambush without scoping it out first with a low rank dude? What if it was Bourbon who wasn't so high ranked at the time? The black coat and hat is similar (it's a stretch)) Akai ignores him, but Camel reveals himself and the rest we know about. This incident was the figurative fatal blow intended for Akai, but Akai escapes and it ultimately seals Akemi's fate. Akemi was going to be killed one way or another as a liability. Despite Bourbon's love for Akemi, he would have had to cut himself off from her or risk the Org's rejection for being a liability because of his emotional attachments. Furthermore, Akemi is still loyal to Akai despite knowing he was "the enemy" and was using her which only salts Bourbon's wounds. This would explain why Bourbon hates Akai's guts.

The reason I like this theory is because it explains why scar Akai protected Conan in the Teito bank heist; he recognized Conan from the newspaper article that came out about Akemi's death.

Conan_newspaper.jpg

That's nice, but Bourbon is a new member in the BO! -

How do you know, that Bourbon had known Akemi Miyano?

It isn't more probable, that he to take revenge for

one, who only recently deceased?! ;)

Conan_newspaper.jpg

I like that theory, but i think Bourbon is Akemi and Shiho's older brother. In that case the shocking face of Haibara when she listened the tapes from his mother make sense.

Checkov, are you referring to the old man in vol 8? If yes, I'm with you. I've been suspecting the two of'em(the old man and her maid) to be BO members as they seem to be connected with the BO(Baron Virus)

That's nice, but Bourbon is a new member in the BO! -

How do you know, that Bourbon had known Akemi Miyano?

It isn't more probable, that he to take revenge for

one, who only recently deceased?! ;)

New might mean he only go his alcohol codename recently, but has actively been working for the BO for a while as a lower level agent. I don't think Gin and Vodka wouldn't know so much about a completely new agent. Gin seems to familiar enough with him: he would have had to meet with and work with him probably a few times before in order to know about his personality and dislike him. Vodka knows about the hate of Akai thing already.

Checkov, are you referring to the old man in vol 8? If yes, I'm with you. I've been suspecting the two of'em(the old man and her maid) to be BO members as they seem to be connected with the BO(Baron Virus)

No, I am not talking about Kaneshiro Genichirou. I am talking about the old man from the Camel's Past story in File 607 pg 9. Camel came out and told him to go away, which blew Akai's cover and got him rejected from the Org.

I have no idea who Bourbon is, but I'll say this. The scar Akai probably isn't Bourbon because why the heck would the BO snipe at their new member? It makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm also kind of wondering how Akai survived and who knows where he really is other than Kir, cuz Conan had a total shock when somebody said they saw Akai, which means Conan has no idea about any of Akai's plans. Just throwing that out there. I'm in the personal opinion that Bourbon is Okiya cuz Ai keeps on shaking whenever he's around, and I don't think she did that for Akai, did she?

I have no idea who Bourbon is, but I'll say this. The scar Akai probably isn't Bourbon because why the heck would the BO snipe at their new member? It makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm also kind of wondering how Akai survived and who knows where he really is other than Kir, cuz Conan had a total shock when somebody said they saw Akai, which means Conan has no idea about any of Akai's plans. Just throwing that out there. I'm in the personal opinion that Bourbon is Okiya cuz Ai keeps on shaking whenever he's around, and I don't think she did that for Akai, did she?

Obligatory theory trio

How Akai faked his death

Okiya is Akai

Scar Akai is Bourbon

The BO might snipe at their own member if Bourbon failed to tell Gin what he was up to, which is possible because Gin said he had no idea what Bourbon was up to and didn't care for him much.

Haibara did actually have a bad reaction because of Akai's presence. Twice in fact.

Also, obligatory halibut

stinkyhalibutsmall.jpg

I'm +++ for the TP's idea. I mean, that's a huge twist on either ways: (1) he's really alive, or (2) it's actually Bourbon. I am really supporting the latter idea because it seems like... it's the only reason why he has 'forgotten memories'.

It would also be nice to actually know that Subaru is actually Shu, but that's like... WTF. It's possible but yeah, I'm up for both of these things. xD

Чöü 're back!!!!!!where have чöü been!!!????

Btw, yea. All of them would be good.... Except Ŧђǎт most fans have already predicted it. So it would be wise of aoyama Τ☺ do something which would surprise us all and Τ☺ defeat the wrath of Checkov

I think we don't know enough informations to find the answer of these questions about Akai/Okiya, Bourbon. If Gosho made the same job as usual, we'll learn major informations when the "Bourbon/Akai plot" will be solved. So I think we can't find a serious theory today. If you find the answer, you can't understand why or how without the pieces of puzzle Aoyama didn't give you.

And if I'm wrong, that's just mean Gosho is really really tired and can't find any new good ideas.

What if it is actually VERMOUTH?! HAHA. xD Now, that's a HUGE, almost-random twist. xD

Hahaha... That would be cool... and.... something which will make lots of fans no longer fans

I don't think he plans that! XD

But anyway, I don't see Gosho about his fans readers as a priority. If the fans stop reading the manga, that won't stop the usual readers to buy the manga. And a mangaka like Gosho sells manga to usual readers first. Well that's my opinion.