Detective Conan World
Akazora

News for Movie 17?

I found this information from the same site Anti-APTX4869 found preliminary M-16 news last year, and that news turned out to be true, so I'm betting money this is legit as well. I'm not Korean, so I'm going off of Google Translate here, but I'll give it my best shot.

Original text:

명탐정 코난 극장판 제 16기 - 『11번째 스트라이커』의 극장 개봉과 동시에 차기작인 17번째 작품의 제작이 결정되었습니다.

17기의 예고영상은 제 17탄 제작결정! 이라는 글자와 동시에 검은 바다 속에 떠오르는 배가 비추어진 영상이었다고 합니다.

"배"는 9기 극장판의 주제로써 이미 중복이 되지만 아직 정확히 어떤 스토리인지는 알수가 없습니다.

오늘 일본 현지에서 개봉한 극장판 16기는 16주년 기념으로 J-리그와 전면적으로 협력하여,

현역 J-리그 선수가 성우로서 출연하는등 세간에 많은 화제를 불러일으키고 있습니다.

대만에서는 이미 7월 개봉이 확정되었으며, 중국과는 수출관련 협상중, 한국에서의 상영예정은 아직 없습니다.

Translation: (well, more of just a summary of what the passage is saying)

The first line simply states that at the end of the sixteenth movie, the seventeenth movie was confirmed.

The second section is what's important. Apparently, something illuminated (presumably a ship) rises out of a black sea. The writer says the theme of "boat" is redundant (alluding to M-9), but there's no other news of a plot yet, so there's no saying how the movie will turn out.

The third section is all just basic stuff about M-16, no news.

(if anyone is Korean, better translations would be appreciated)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

According to comments, some people say it's a submarine, not a ship, that rises out of the sea.

Once again, this info is from KudoNet™, a Korean Detective Conan fan site.

Link:

http://www.anifocus.com/aflegacy/zboard/zboard.php?id=kudoNews&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=1224

----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 10/15/2012

Link to announcement trailer --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q--a6-n4RLw

UPDATE: 11/13/2012

First link broken. Here's link to HD trailer with French subs --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xCKUdOl1I

I haven't seen movie 16 so far but I'm already excited for movie 17! When are they revealing the title of it?

If things go as planned, the title as well as the promotional poster will be out sometime during the second half of November. Unfortunately, until then there won't be any news...

I'll take my shot at it:

At the same time Detective Conan Movie 16 - 11th Striker was released in theaters, the making of the 17th movie was announced.

17기의 예고영상은 제 17탄 제작결정!

From the 17th movie's notice, a few key decisions can be made!

이라는 글자와 동시에 검은 바다 속에 떠오르는 배가 비추어진 영상이었다고 합니다.

From the depths of the black sea an image of an illuminated boat was seen with a letter (?).

The theme of "boat" was already done in the 9th movie, but it is unclear what the story is right now.

(didn't translate the other parts)

From what I can tell, this is just attempting to, from that short clip at the end of the 16th movie, deduce what the movie could be, so I don't think it holds much importance.

I'll take my shot at it:

At the same time Detective Conan Movie 16 - 11th Striker was released in theaters, the making of the 17th movie was announced.

17기의 예고영상은 제 17탄 제작결정!

From the 17th movie's notice, a few key decisions can be made!

이라는 글자와 동시에 검은 바다 속에 떠오르는 배가 비추어진 영상이었다고 합니다.

From the depths of the black sea an image of an illuminated boat was seen with a letter (?).

The theme of "boat" was already done in the 9th movie, but it is unclear what the story is right now.

(didn't translate the other parts)

From what I can tell, this is just attempting to, from that short clip at the end of the 16th movie, deduce what the movie could be, so I don't think it holds much importance.

오늘 일본 현지에서 개봉한 극장판 16기는 16주년 기념으로 J-리그와 전면적으로 협력하여, 현역 J-리그 선수가 성우로서 출연하는등 세간에 많은 화제를 불러일으키고 있습니다.

(borrows Mohorovicic's translation)

The making of the 17th movie was announced at the same time when Detective Conan Movie 16 - 11th Striker was released in theaters.

The 17th movie's preview showed an image of a boat floating in the black (I think it means dark in this case) a ship sailing through a dark sea with the words saying: "Production of 17th movie is decided!"

The theme of "ship" is redundant from the 9th movie, but the story is yet to be known at this moment.

ugh.. sorry my grammar is horrible.

오늘 일본 현지에서 개봉한 극장판 16기는 16주년 기념으로 J-리그와 전면적으로 협력하여, 현역 J-리그 선수가 성우로서 출연하는등 세간에 많은 화제를 불러일으키고 있습니다.

Today's release of The 16th movie in Japan was for the celebration of 16th Anniversary with full cooperation of J-league with active J-league players for voice cast and it is bringing many sensations at this moment.

The movie's release was confirmed in Taiwan on July, China is holding an agreement of release, and Korea has no plan on putting it on screen yet.

Well, According to the Korean reviews, it seems that the ship looks like the one from 9th movie: Strategy above the Depths.

It's kinda hard to find some info in Korean web since there are too many fake titles... =_= White Shadow seems popular. and The final door of Ceberus(?) O_o that made me laugh.

Apparently, this time in movie 16, Conan seems to be more "swag" than usual. I kept on seeing comments saying that it was worse than 15th, but better than 14th. Hmmm....

Also, it seems that the rumor about Detective Conan will end after movie 18th's release is the most popular "rumor"... it's because of this pic (which I can't find...) that puts all the movie posters 1 ~15 except for 16th and 2-space blank(sort of) thingy.

There won't be much ideas around for Gosho to make another Conan series and it will be difficult around movie 18th.... but I doubt that.

I'm not sure about this but, Gosho said that he will end the series at 100th Volume. which is approximately going to take about another 5~6 years(?well, it's an estimate...).

Oh, here's the pic I was talking about above. and if you can, watch the vid. It's Movie 1~15 theme in one. http://blog.naver.com/saemaeulho?Redirect=Log&logNo=140146375653&jumpingVid=0AE28F8E0FF903D575DF6D925C1BAB419B9F

Lol because of the London arc, Some Koreans thought 16th movie was related to the (what ever that stadium was called)Tennis Court....

Edited by Anti-APTX4869

Detective Conan: The 16s - "11th Striker" at the same time as the theatrical release next winning the 17th production of the work has been determined.

Article 17 of the 17 nuclear warning shot footage decision making! Rising in the Black Sea and at the same time, the word ship is illuminated image was.

"Boat" as the subject of a 9-based theatrical already redundant, but still know exactly what story do not know.

오늘 일본 현지에서 개봉한 극장판 16기는 16주년 기념으로 J-리그와 전면적으로 협력하여,

현역 J-리그 선수가 성우로서 출연하는등 세간에 많은 화제를 불러일으키고 있습니다.

Local Movie released in Japan today to commemorate the 16th anniversary creeping 16 J-League and across the board, in cooperation

J-League players as active voice appeared haneundeung furnishings are a lot of sensational.

In Taiwan, have already been released in 2009 confirmed, hyeopsangjung export from China, South Korea will be screened at the yet.

i'm not sure i tried coping it from goole translate

"i'm not korean i'm an arab"

The 17th movie's preview showed an image of a boat floating in the black (I think it means dark in this case) a ship sailing through a dark sea with the words saying: "Production of 17th movie is decided!"

I have no clue how I translated this into "a few key decisions can be made". I fail.

Well, According to the Korean reviews, it seems that the ship looks like the one from 9th movie: Strategy above the Depths.

I think it would actually be kinda cool if there was a direct movie sequel of a previous movie. Like, maybe the cast and suspects of M-9 all return in a new adventure. There have been character references and a few non-canon character returns between movies, but never a direct sequel. Only time will tell, eh?

And something in the back of my head tells me the stormy, dark sea probably doesn't mean anything. M-14's preview showed a blimp crashing into a stormy ocean, which wasn't even close to what the story or mood of the movie was like. I'm guessing they're just planning on bringing back the ship theme but haven't really got anything developed yet.

I have no clue how I translated this into "a few key decisions can be made". I fail.

But your translation helped me out a lot. And it was because you broke up the sentence(s) which were meant to be read together. Sometimes 2 sentences can be translated into 1 or vice versa.

Oh for heaven's sake, not again...

Yea, I know....

I think it would actually be kinda cool if there was a direct movie sequel of a previous movie. Like, maybe the cast and suspects of M-9 all return in a new adventure. There have been character references and a few non-canon character returns between movies, but never a direct sequel. Only time will tell, eh?And something in the back of my head tells me the stormy, dark sea probably doesn't mean anything. M-14's preview showed a blimp crashing into a stormy ocean, which wasn't even close to what the story or mood of the movie was like. I'm guessing they're just planning on bringing back the ship theme but haven't really got anything developed yet.

I don't think it's stormy dark sea. I've read a lot of pages about the reviews and I didn't find a word "stormy" in there. but anyways, I agree, the "Dark" part may not have a meaning, but who knows, it might mean something perhaps like B.O. involvement. (Please B.O I really want some interesting plot with B.O) I think it would be great if it is a sequel, but I'm not sure how that will work out. For some reason, I think they just made the theme "boat" occur again because Titanic came back on screen after like 15 years or something you know? people tend to go for similar themes in media when something becomes popular like "vampires" like 1 or 2 years ago(when did that vampire movie series came out? I forgot what it was called...). Ooof, off topic... *bonk* anyways.....

Yes, it will be cool to actually have a sequence. but I hope it isn't something like very small... (remember the relation between M-1 with M-5? /facepalm.)....

Maybe the ship sailing in the dark sea will be a ghost ship, with a Mystery Incorporated style of plot (I love that kind of weird stuff).

Well, I'm not enthusiastic about movie 16. I don't like football and it seems to be the same kind of story we have previously seen with movies 9, 12 and 15. So, I hope movie 17 will be better.

I'm not sure about this but, Gosho said that he will end the series at 100th Volume. which is approximately going to take about another 5~6 years(?well, it's an estimate...).

With the last chapter released, that's exactly 77 volumes. I also think that he will do a last arc which will last until volume 100 once Bourbon's arc comes to an end.

1. Maybe the ship sailing in the dark sea will be a ghost ship, with a Mystery Incorporated style of plot (I love that kind of weird stuff).

2. Well, I'm not enthusiastic about movie 16. I don't like football and it seems to be the same kind of story we have previously seen with movies 9, 12 and 15. So, I hope movie 17 will be better.

3. With the last chapter released, that's exactly 77 volumes. I also think that he will do a last arc which will last until volume 100 once Bourbon's arc comes to an end.

1. Possible. If so, then it would be some-what new. LOL for a second I thought M11 was about ghost ship but it was pirate ship... oh well....

2. Ugh, according to Korean Forums, M16 was a disaster. Some people even flew to Japan to see that movie. They said it's worth watching, but it's a disappointment for a bomb case. Some said it's obvious and easy to figure things out. Of course, M9- ship, M12-Opera Hall?, and M15-Dam were bomb cases that destroyed building or massive structure. same goes for M1-skyscraper,M5- that building (hotel?)... and attempts are M10-Amusement park via VIP pass thingy, and M14- Airship...

3. I thinks so too. It's kinda sad, but still a long way... about 5 years. if the files are released once per week. or something like that.

Ugh, according to Korean Forums, M16 was a disaster. Some people even flew to Japan to see that movie. They said it's worth watching, but it's a disappointment for a bomb case. Some said it's obvious and easy to figure things out.

I'll still wait to see it because many people say that movies 14 and 15 were the worst (I totally agree that The Lost Ship in the Sky was a disaster on every level, but concerning Quarter of Silence, I found it to be the best Conan movie since Captured in her Eyes, so I prefer to wait and see by myself). But yes, from what I saw in the trailers, the story seems pretty common. Are they in lack of ideas (other than blowing away something) ?

LOL for a second I thought M11 was about ghost ship but it was pirate ship... oh well....

It was kinda a ghost ship in a way, but it was treasure hunt, not fantastic mystery.

Having a mystery involving surnatural elements like a ghost ship would be something new for the movies indeed.

It's kinda sad, but still a long way... about 5 years. if the files are released once per week. or something like that.

That's still 5 or 6 years full of new stuff.

I hope, at the end of the series, they will make one last movie involving a fully returned Shinichi as a conclusion. Something that shows him having finally fulfilled his dream of becoming a real-life Sherlock Holmes.

I'll still wait to see it because many people say that movies 14 and 15 were the worst (I totally agree that The Lost Ship in the Sky was a disaster on every level, but concerning Quarter of Silence, I found it to be the best Conan movie since Captured in her Eyes, so I prefer to wait and see by myself). But yes, from what I saw in the trailers, the story seems pretty common. Are they in lack of ideas (other than blowing away something) ?

It was kinda a ghost ship in a way, but it was treasure hunt, not fantastic mystery.

Having a mystery involving surnatural elements like a ghost ship would be something new for the movies indeed.

That's still 5 or 6 years full of new stuff.

I hope, at the end of the series, they will make one last movie involving a fully returned Shinichi as a conclusion. Something that shows him having finally fulfilled his dream of becoming a real-life Sherlock Holmes.

1.ugh M14 was a mess. I wasn't sure if I was watching a mystery or mission impossible.

Movies 1~7 were okay, they were full of deduction process. M8~12 was just meh, it was decent, but M13~15 were just action based you know? They were all okay, but I mean every year, the movies seem like as if they were made for ooh's-and-ah's. Korean forums say that the movies are just getting out-of-topic (not-so-mystery)....

2. I hope so. I did think of ghost ship when I read that line (ship sailing in the dark sea) but I need to see the visuals to make sure of my thoughts. they said that it looks awefully similar to M-9's ship, some believes it as a "sequel" which I see it unlikely but possible... I would laugh if it involves another bomb... Bombs do add 'suspense' into the movie, but it's just too redundant... They need something new other than bombs. Murder would be fine, but different one would be interesting

3. Well, generally most series end with happy endings. I prefer tragedies or something ironic. I hope it isn't just too happy though, it messes up the story if it ends as if "nothing happened and everything is back to normal." Maybe it would end the series with Shinichi (or Conan if he didn't turn back for some reason) encountering another case, but doesn't actually get into the case, just something like "runs toward to solve it". if you know what I mean...

MAJOR UPDATE

The announcement trailer for M-17 has finally been posted on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xCKUdOl1I

It seems that the sources have been accurate. The short clip shows a dark, foggy sea and just as the camera zooms in through the "Production of Movie 17 Confirmed!" text, a ship materializes out of nowhere (that's where the "rises out of a dark sea" must have come from). Also, the "illumination" mentioned is what appears to be a full moon over-glared. There also appears to be an island in the distance, which none of the sources mentioned. It doesn't appear to be a submarine (as some people suggested...) and it also doesn't look at all like the St. Aphrodite from M-9. After a close comparison, they're different shapes.

The way the ship appears out of nowhere is interesting and the music gives it a very "ghost ship" feel. If the producers decide to take that route, I'm going to be really excited. Now, we wait for the promotional poster...

[Video link has been added to first post for easy access]

MAJOR UPDATE

The announcement trailer for M-17 has finally been posted on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q--a6-n4RLw

It seems that the sources have been accurate. The short clip shows a dark, foggy sea and just as the camera zooms in through the "Production of Movie 17 Confirmed!" text, a ship materializes out of nowhere (that's where the "rises out of a dark sea" must have come from). Also, the "illumination" mentioned is what appears to be a full moon over-glared. There also appears to be an island in the distance, which none of the sources mentioned. It doesn't appear to be a submarine (as some people suggested...) and it also doesn't look at all like the St. Aphrodite from M-9. After a close comparison, they're different shapes.

The way the ship appears out of nowhere is interesting and the music gives it a very "ghost ship" feel. If the producers decide to take that route, I'm going to be really excited. Now, we wait for the promotional poster...

[Video link has been added to first post for easy access]

Sigh it's been blocked. <_<

What catches my attention on one of the posters is that theres Heiji, Hakuba, Sera, Amuro and Okiya. All 5 of them?

/sighs

That was a blatant teaser. The chances of a recent plot character getting anywhere near the movie besides a cameo is practically nil. The main detective of the movie (besides Conan) seems to be Heiji.

Most of the news about the Movie is being posted in this thread: Movie 17: Private Eye in the Distant Sea.

I'd try to migrate over to that thread, until the movie comes out at least.

All over the internet, the movie's name is "Private Eye in the Distant Sea" from what i've heard so far, its about Ran being in danger and Conan saves her, and some lovey stuff with Ran and Conan/Shinichi