Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Pokémon Fans, Anyone?

But it's sad once in the 3/4 year a new game comes out *sigh*

But I'm playing Black nuzlocke with some extra rules.

1. You can only catch the first pokemon you encounter at the route.

2. Pokemon that faints are considered dead need to be released

3. If you get a black out after dying and you have only 3 pokemons or less with you,you can exchange 6 pokemons in your pc for living but no pokemon in your pc you die.

4. Black out with 3 pokemons or more , you can exchange all your pokemons including pc for living. Release all your pokemons except 1 level 5 or lower pokemon. no pokemon lower than that you die.

5. Outside of a battle you can't heal your pokemon with potions etc. only in a Pokemon center.

3. If you get a black out after dying and you have only 3 pokemons or less with you,you can exchange 6 pokemons in your pc for living but no pokemon in your pc you die.

4. Black out with 3 pokemons or more , you can exchange all your pokemons including pc for living. Release all your pokemons except 1 level 5 or lower pokemon. no pokemon lower than that you die.

I dunno. From what I can tell, these rules kinda get rid of the purpose of a Nuzlocke.

:/ The point of a Nuzlocke is to have to lose the important Pokes... (RIP Kelz the Blitzle. I hate poison.) Otherwise, it's kind of like a normal run because no one uses their boxed Pokes for anything but HM slaves anyways. :V What I do if I black out (which hasn't happened yet because I grind like hell. XD I need it for Manly Pink- the champ's at lvl. 90) is take the Pokemon from my box. ;.; Hopefully I never black out, because I have two Pokemon in the box.

Yeah I've been a huge Pokemon fan since I was a kid. Like most people I value the games above all else in the series. The anime was pretty awesome as a kid, season 1 ftw. But nowadays the anime doesn't provide anything more than nostalgia. I read a bit of the Pokemon Adventures manga a little while ago too, and I gotta say it was a lot better than the anime.

If I had to rate the handheld generations based on my favourites:

1. Generation 1 (R/B/G/Y)

2. Generation 3 (R/S/E/FR/LG)

3. Generation 4 (D/P/Pt/HG/SS)

4. Generation 5 (B/W [so far])

5. Geneartion 2 (G/S/C)

The first Pokemon game - or first video game - I got was Pokemon Yellow. But nowadays between me and my brother we should have pretty much every Pokemon game.

The Gamecube Pokemon games (Colosseum and XD) [Note: "XD" is not a smiley face in this case!] were alright in their own respect, but compared to their handheld counter parts they felt inferior in terms of fun.

Also I want to give out a shoutout to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. I feel they are a bit underated as far as the Pokemon series goes, but they will always be one of my favourite series of games.

The console "tournament style" Pokemon games like Pokemon Stadium were also pretty good. But were only really fun if you were able to connect it to your handheld gamepack and battle using your own Pokemon (Rental Pokemon suck :P).

Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon Channel, and Hey You Pikachu were just dumb :P

Pokemon Puzzle League on the N64 with the right alterations woudln't even have to have anything to do with Pokemon.

I'm probably forgetting something but I've been rambling too much anyways.

I LOVE HEARTGOLD/SOULSILVER. I'VE PLAYED BOTH, BUT I HAVEN'T FINISHED SOULSILVER. I'VE ALSO STARTED PLAYING BLACK. AND I'VE ALSO FINISHED PLATINUM.

IN CONCLUSION, I HAVE HEARTGOLD, SOULSILVER, PLATINUM, DIAMOND, PEARL, AND BLACK.

AND DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY TRADE ONE OF YOUR POKEMONS TO ANOTHER POKEMON GAME EVEN IF IT IS NOT OF THE SAME TYPE?

E.G. I HAVE TYPHLOSION IN HEARTGOLD. THEN I TRADE MY TYPHLOSION FOR SHINX IN PLATINUM. THEN BEATING ALL THE GYM LEADERS AND OTHER TRAINERS WAS A PIECE OF CAKE, BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BADGES.

WELL, WHAT ANNOYED ME THE MOST WAS THAT WHEN MY PLATINUM GAME BROKE, I HAD NO CHANCE OF EVER GETTING BACK MY PRECIOUS TYPHLOSION---IT WAS ALREADY LEVEL 94. AND ALL OF MY EFFORT AND HARD WORK ON PLATINUM WAS GONE. :((

SO WORD OF ADVICE, PEOPLE:

IF YOU WANT TO TRANSFER YOUR POKEMON INTO ANOTHER GAME, SAVE A COPY OF YOUR SAVE DATA INTO A COMPUTER BEFORE YOU TRADE IN YOUR PRECIOUS POKEMON. THAT WAS WHAT I REGRETTED NOT DOING.

I love pokemon. I started liking it during Pearl, and now most of my games are pokemon. I have at least one game for every region starting 3 gen, and a ton of side games, my favorite being the Mystery Dungeon series. I have a ton of lvl 100s, but most importantly, I love my teams. :D

I LOVE HEARTGOLD/SOULSILVER. I'VE PLAYED BOTH, BUT I HAVEN'T FINISHED SOULSILVER. I'VE ALSO STARTED PLAYING BLACK. AND I'VE ALSO FINISHED PLATINUM.

IN CONCLUSION, I HAVE HEARTGOLD, SOULSILVER, PLATINUM, DIAMOND, PEARL, AND BLACK.

AND DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY TRADE ONE OF YOUR POKEMONS TO ANOTHER POKEMON GAME EVEN IF IT IS NOT OF THE SAME TYPE?

E.G. I HAVE TYPHLOSION IN HEARTGOLD. THEN I TRADE MY TYPHLOSION FOR SHINX IN PLATINUM. THEN BEATING ALL THE GYM LEADERS AND OTHER TRAINERS WAS A PIECE OF CAKE, BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BADGES.

WELL, WHAT ANNOYED ME THE MOST WAS THAT WHEN MY PLATINUM GAME BROKE, I HAD NO CHANCE OF EVER GETTING BACK MY PRECIOUS TYPHLOSION---IT WAS ALREADY LEVEL 94. AND ALL OF MY EFFORT AND HARD WORK ON PLATINUM WAS GONE. :((

SO WORD OF ADVICE, PEOPLE:

IF YOU WANT TO TRANSFER YOUR POKEMON INTO ANOTHER GAME, SAVE A COPY OF YOUR SAVE DATA INTO A COMPUTER BEFORE YOU TRADE IN YOUR PRECIOUS POKEMON. THAT WAS WHAT I REGRETTED NOT DOING.

I know how it feels for pokemon to not listen. I started playing my cousin's game before I bought it myself, and got an Eevee from a friend. I transferred it to my Pearl when I bought it (by this point a Flareon), and it refused to listen. Now it does and is one of my usual team.

I play my games on the DS. If you used a ds emulator to play, many emulators don't approve of the main series games due to problems like that.If you do use the Ds, I don't know what to say.

This is really digging up an old thread, but a funny thing happened on the way to the Pokemon Center...

It bothered me that I had done everything in my trusty old Pearl version except get a 100-game win streak at the Battle Tower, so I decided to give it a shot with Latios, Snorlax, and Skarmory.  I already had Latios and Snorlax EV trained and level 100-ed, but I still lacked a good Skarmory.  I began hatching some eggs (for Brave Bird), looking for an Impish and Sturdy one to come along.  After nearly 100 eggs, I hadn't found one yet and I was just thinking my game hated me and was giving me a hard time because I had shown Y so much love, when suddenly I saw this little gem...

IMG_0333.JPG

And I was thinking my game loved me again for about ten seconds before I realized it was Calm, Keen Eye-d, and had single digit Defense IVs.

Oh well, at least its coloring resembles that of...

_shingeki_no_kyojin__levi_rivaille_rende

• Upvote 1

Thanks!  It's only the second shiny I caught in my Pearl version, the first being a Ditto way back in '10.

I finally found a female Impish Skarmory so I gave it an Everstone and now I'm really racking in the Impish Skarmory.  I can't seem to find one with good IVs though.  Or rather I did, but it was male and the rest of my party is already male and I don't want everyone to be susceptible to infatuation. 

I havent had even one shiny in my whole life.  ;__________;

Don't feel so bad!  I'm a sucker for shinies, so I spend way too much time soft-resetting/chaining/breeding for them.  The best ones are the random ones though.

Speaking of which, I unluckily ran into a shiny Skorupi while Bianca was tagging along with me in White 2, and she OHKO'd it with a Psychic.  I died a little lot when that happened.  Shinies aren't all fun and games I guess.

I would have offered to give you a shiny, but they're all on my Pearl version and I think WiFi support for that game was shut down a while ago unfortunately.  I haven't had the chance to transfer them to my Y version or anything.

Yes, I am a fan of pokemon.

I like pikachu, jesse, james and meow. :P

This is a thread about the games, not the anime.  Jessie and James aren't game characters, unless you're talking about their cameos in Pokemon Yellow.