Detective Conan World
Kyuu Nye

Obsession

Im obsessed with buying notebooks. :V

Also obsessed with buying all sorts of pens in all sorts of colours. :V

SAME HERE! I also have an obsession with buying notebooks, especially Japanese notebooks! The paper is so smooth, the pages so thick and nice to write on... I can't resist but buy them!

I suppose I have some kind of fetish for Japanese stationery? I love their notebooks, their pens and pencils etc! Or maybe I'm just your normal Japanophile..

I have what is called OCD. I tend to brush my teeth very often.

I'm obsessed with brushing my teeth as well! :) I don't know why but I must brush my teeth many times a day! Anyways, whats OCD??? :blink:

I think its self exclamatory...

What are you obsessed with or addicted to that is NOT anime/manga.

I have a few... But here are the 3(technically 4) main ones....

Music (I have around 50 actual CDs and that number is always growing (as in PHYSICAL COPIES not digital))(and by extension audio, as in I spend hundreds of dollars trying to get the best sound possible... The current price of all audio gear owned by me is about $1330 (between portable and home audio))

Books (I have... a lot of books... I would estimate that I have around 100 books that I have kept, and have read more books than I can even count)

Science (saving the best for last... I can't even count the hours I spend on science anymore... This is my biggest obsession by far, it will soon become my life... The benefit is that I'll be getting paid to be obsessed with it)

Yes, I'm bored, and this is basically something I was discussing with a friend... and we determined everyone has some obsession that they have...

I don't see ponies in this post :(

I don't see ponies in this post :(

Probably because I'm not obsessed with the ponies themselves just yet... The media on the other hand (remixes, actual OST, and other alternate versions of the songs within MLP:FiM). I listen to a lot more... And that would fall under "Music." Also, I have put no money into ponies, but the other 4 I have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on over the years to satiate my obsession with them... The second I become obsessed enough to buy a custom plush from eBay... I'll let you know <3

Like... http://www.ebay.com/itm/MLP-FIM-Discord-OOAK-Handmade-Art-Doll-/120825089914?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c21bc8f7a#ht_1151wt_1185 that one... I wonder why Hasbro can't make anything even remotely close to that quality (hell, not even quality, but accuracy). Why are the fans so much better at creating things for MLP:FiM than the owners of the franchise?

That's what I don't get either. Not gonna lie, I would totally buy a Rarity and Pinkie Pie if they made them look like the characters from the show. It just screams lazy marketing.

If I told you guys how much money I spent on NES/Famicom collecting ALONE in the past... decade or so, you'd probably all commit me to a mental institution. And that's just NES/Famicom.

I'm obsessed with:

- The color black. Many of my items and clothes are in black.

- Writing, even though that's one of the things I'm actually WORST at.

- DCW (more like addiction).

- DCTP (same as the above).

- Learning Chinese, even though I HATE that language.

- Certain not very famous songs.

I'm obsessed with:

YOU REMINDED ME OF SOMETHING, PINK! XD I'm obsessed with pink just like and maybe even more than your obesession with black. you should've seen my room

I'm obsessed with:

SAME HERE! Most of my clothes are black as well! :D Most people call me emo whenever they see me in home clothes. It's almost all black. :blink:

That's what I don't get either. Not gonna lie, I would totally buy a Rarity and Pinkie Pie if they made them look like the characters from the show. It just screams lazy marketing.

If I told you guys how much money I spent on NES/Famicom collecting ALONE in the past... decade or so, you'd probably all commit me to a mental institution. And that's just NES/Famicom.

Doubtful sir... Again... $1330 on audio, and that is only the tip of the iceberg.

Not to mention I've known people through association who have likely spent far more than you on classic gaming... Someone I know through some odd string of connections has an insane gaming basement... Arcade consoles, NES/Famicom, hundreds of games (including some rare ones that are in mint condition), SNES/Super Famicom same deal with games, Sega Genesis with all the trimmings (32X and Sega CD) less games than Nintendo (was always a bigger nintendo fan apparently) Sega Saturn, most variants of PS, Zelda and Regular N64, and every single gameboy ever made and every DS variant... I have been to Nintendo World... I think Nintendo needs to have this kid take pictures of his basement and show that off... And that isn't going into modern systems, which he apparently NEVER plays. He just bought them... Though I hear he uses his PS3 as a media system... he just has never inserted a game into it... I think the only things he is missing is Game and Watches... I don't recall seeing Atari in his pictures either... But that could be elsewhere unless he started collecting from Nintendo on (he IS mainly a Nintendo collector)

Oh yeah... he also has official Nintendo Hanafuda cards :P

Well, of course. I'm not talking about folks like NationalGamingDepot and that freakin' giant NES he hand-crafted out of wood (I think it was G4 that went to his house to show it on one of their TV shows), their collections it's useless to even try to compare to. :P

There's very few systems I don't have, off the top of my head I know I don't have a CD-i or Atari Jaguar. I also don't have the SHARP Twin Famicom, but mostly because the fact that my good TV can't play my old Famicom system has sadly bummed me out on wanting to play the Famicom lately. :( Everything else you mentioned I have. In fact, I got a Sega CD last year. I even have TWO Virtual Boys. Unfortunately I won't have a collection like those people that dedicate their basements to the hobby, but mostly because I have so many different hobbies that it's impossible to focus on just one. There's also comic book collecting, television collecting, and more hobbies than I'd like to admit. :|

But I've most definitely spent more than $1330 on video game stuff. Hell, I think my NES/Fami collection beats that.blink.gif Though I think it doesn't help that I mostly focused on the hard to find at the time (this is 2005 we're talking about here, before Famicom collecting became big) Famicom stuff (All Night Nippon SMB, SMB USA, Sweet Home (still the greatest game to never come out of Japan), Splatterhouse, and the like) at first. One of my most prized-possessions is a Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch. It's not worth a lot of money, even though it'll cost you a pretty penny, but it's just a nice thing to have in my possession finally after all these years. :)

Well, of course. I'm not talking about folks like NationalGamingDepot and that freakin' giant NES he hand-crafted out of wood (I think it was G4 that went to his house to show it on one of their TV shows), their collections it's useless to even try to compare to. :P

There's very few systems I don't have, off the top of my head I know I don't have a CD-i or Atari Jaguar. I also don't have the SHARP Twin Famicom, but mostly because the fact that my good TV can't play my old Famicom system has sadly bummed me out on wanting to play the Famicom lately. :( Everything else you mentioned I have. In fact, I got a Sega CD last year. I even have TWO Virtual Boys. Unfortunately I won't have a collection like those people that dedicate their basements to the hobby, but mostly because I have so many different hobbies that it's impossible to focus on just one. There's also comic book collecting, television collecting, and more hobbies than I'd like to admit. :|

But I've most definitely spent more than $1330 on video game stuff. Hell, I think my NES/Fami collection beats that.blink.gif Though I think it doesn't help that I mostly focused on the hard to find at the time (this is 2005 we're talking about here, before Famicom collecting became big) Famicom stuff (All Night Nippon SMB, SMB USA, Sweet Home (still the greatest game to never come out of Japan), Splatterhouse, and the like) at first. One of my most prized-possessions is a Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch. It's not worth a lot of money, even though it'll cost you a pretty penny, but it's just a nice thing to have in my possession finally after all these years. :)

That is the reason why I said tip of the iceberg... Tis only the beginning... most games and systems can be got for cheap and rarely if ever do you have to spend hundreds on a single item... That $1330 only consists of 6 items... 3 headphones, a DAC/Amp, and 2 DAPs. (Actually it would be 1600 if I include my old iPod that I now have plugged into my alarm clock)

I'm currently saving up for a pair of $700 headphones... HE-500... Hopefully I can find a deal on Head-fi and get em for less...

Also... WHAT ARCADE CONSOLES DO YOU HAVE?! He has like 10 games and like 20 cartridges for another which you can change the game on

That does remind me of how flawed video game collecting is. There was a great editorial someone wrote many moons back about how much of a rip-off Stadium Events is in that the ONLY thing different about the actual game is that it says "Stadium Events" instead of "World Class Track Meet" on the title screen. That and a different label don't justify the ridiculous price-tag it gets, and I absolutely agree that it's silly. There's some games I'm just never going to bother collecting, that's one of them.

I remember back when I could get Tengen Tetris for like, $20. Now it goes for $45 at the very least. Man, that's one game I totally regret not buying many years ago. ;___;

That does remind me of how flawed video game collecting is. There was a great editorial someone wrote many moons back about how much of a rip-off Stadium Events is in that the ONLY thing different about the actual game is that it says "Stadium Events" instead of "World Class Track Meet" on the title screen. That and a different label don't justify the ridiculous price-tag it gets, and I absolutely agree that it's silly. There's some games I'm just never going to bother collecting, that's one of them.

I remember back when I could get Tengen Tetris for like, $20. Now it goes for $45 at the very least. Man, that's one game I totally regret not buying many years ago. ;___;

All collecting is inherently flawed... Because it always comes to a point where it appreciates in value for superficial reasons and they know people will buy it just to say "HEY! I HAVE [insert item here]."

But you cannot control obsessions... If I had a fully disposable income my main audio set-up would probably cost in the neighborhood of $7k for headphones and $15-20k for speakers (which at present time, I don't even have the space for) (This is instead of the current $500 that I currently have)

And luckily science is one obsession that I don't have to worry about funds because where I work will pay for everything that will make me happy... Though... If I had money like Bill Gates I'd totally have my own lab... Why must instruments be so bloody expensive?