Detective Conan World
Misaki-chan

The Voice in the Wind

I like it! (Besidees the fact that it's ShinShi, that is) Great job for a first fic! My first DC fic...oh wait, that wasn't DC...Taken was my first...but the first chapter totally failed, you won't believe how many notes my beta gave me for editing XP.

It was, again, great! People thought that was ShinRan at first? I just assumed it was ShinShi...but still awesome!

Hello~! This is my very first fanfic, so I hope you enjoy! I'd like to thank Forever Lost for betaing my story! Thanks Je-chan! :)

DISCLAIMER: DC doesn't belong to me, blah blah blah, but Hanako does.

---------------

“They’re gone. We defeated them.” My voice sliced through the silence of the graveyard as I sat on the ground, my head hanging low. I continued, “After five long years... And with the help of the FBI, KID and Hattori-kun, we defeated them... They’re going to jail.... forever.”

The area was silent before the wind began to talk and play with my hair. I reached up and brushed it behind my ear as I looked up and read the name on the tombstone.

No matter what, I could never believe it... The fact that he was dead... He had always seemed to cheat death, over and over, and come back to me. But no matter how many times I read the name, it wouldn’t change the fact that he was dead and gone.

Tears threatened to pour down my face as my thoughts wandered to him. His smiles, his laughs, his kisses.... The tears dropped slowly to the ground before picking up a more rapid pace. I screamed, “DAMN IT! Why... Why did you go... You baka! Baka, baka, baka! Why did you have to leave me, alone.... SHINICHI!”

My voice carried out throughout the graveyard as I grew silent. I began to play with my black skirt as a soft wind kissed my tear-stained face.

Baro~! You’re not alone!

I jumped at the almost non-existent voice and said, “Shi-Shinichi?”

You have Hanako, right? So you’re not alone!

On cue, the young five year old girl, with her hands cupped, raced towards me and excitedly shouted, “Look mommy! Hanako found a butterfly!”

Hanako opened her hands to reveal it, its delicate wings a scarlet red. The butterfly began to flap its wings and ascended into the air before landing on the tombstone. I looked at the butterfly for a minute, entranced by its red wings. The wings reminded me of blood, which reminded me of him: the stupid murder magnet. As I kept looking at it, Hanako asked, “Mommy? What’s wrong?” as she stepped in front of me.

She noticed my tear-streaked face and continued, “Mommy, why were you crying?”

I gently wiped my eyes before looking sweetly at my child and assured, “Nothing Hana-chan. I’m fine.”

A smile decorated her face as she happily said, “Hanako is glad! Hanako doesn’t want Mommy sad, not at all!”

I smiled back caringly as I stood up and gently brushed off the dirt on my skirt and legs. I then took her hand and began to walk towards the gate.

“Mommy?”

I looked down to meet my daughter’s cobalt eyes, much like her father’s, as I asked, “Yes Hana-chan?”

She continued, “Whose grave were you at?”

I smiled sadly, “Someone who meant a lot to me... And someone who I wished you could have met...”

The fact that Hanako didn’t ask more questions must mean that she gets that I don’t really want to talk about it. Smart, just like him... She takes after him quite a bit... If only she was able to meet him... If only... If only you hadn’t run into Gin that night, if only I had stopped you, if only you didn’t get involved with Them, if only, IF ONLY!

But if you hadn’t... I would have never met you... And I would have never fallen for you... My hands would still be unknowingly bloodstained. I might be dead and would not had been blessed with Hanako. I would have never met all the kind people in my life... I wouldn’t be happy. A small smile crept onto my face as I looked at the sky. It shone with a mixture of red, orange and yellow.

It was so pretty, yet so painful to look at... It reminds me of you after all, when we had that case. She wanted a picture so badly, and in the end, we got it just in time. I still have it... How could I throw it away? She was a great friend to me, so were the boys, despite my cold demeanor towards them.

As Hanako and I exited the graveyard, I looked back at his tombstone once more before turning away and asking, “What do you want for dinner Hana-chan?”

“Curry please! With lots of meat too!”

A giggle escaped my mouth as I smiled, “Ok! Lets get home then, alright?”

She nodded as we began to walk to the car. As she began to happily sing a song about curry (on-tune, thankfully), I heard a voice speak to me quietly. The same voice from before.

I love you.

A soft smile lit up my face as I replied quietly, almost a whisper, “I love you too...”

“Mommy? Who are you talking to?”

I looked down to see my daughter looking at me with a funny look on her face. I said, “No one honey. Only the wind.”

She looked at me for a second before going back to singing her Curry Song. As we entered the car and began to drive home, I heard him again, one last time.

Take care... Shiho....

Hi, um, great story. Did you post this on fanfiction.net?

Nope. Don't have the right document-processor-app-thingy for it. I fail. :P But I'll stick it up when I get the right one (which will be my birthday, which is so~ far away... TT^TT). But thank you! ^__^

Nope. Don't have the right document-processor-app-thingy for it. I fail. :P But I'll stick it up when I get the right one (which will be my birthday, which is so~ far away... TT^TT). But thank you! ^__^

Ok! Hope to see it!