Detective Conan World
Noir

Which do you prefer among the three originals?

Originals  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which "originals" is the best for you?

• OVAs
    • Episode TV Originals
    • Movies

I don't exactly know if Magic Files is one of them but then again, I just want you to choose which among the three do you prefer. Please vote and give your reason!

"Are OVAs and Movies really originals that are non-canon to the manga?"

Well, yeah. They're all made-up stories including movie 13. The movie 13 was really appealing knowing that it was about the Black Organization so basically, it had no relation to the manga at all except for the basic knowledge that are related to the movie. The OVAs as well. The OVA 9 can explain it as well. If you notice at the end, Conan enters in his house yet there was no sign of that suspicious person living there. (That's basically my understanding in the OVAs but I sure am correct about the fact that they are originals.

---

I voted for... OVAs! There wasn't really much in the episode TV originals knowing that it's just created by the company (which has a possibility for destructing the storyline, then again...) and basically what I call a 'filler'. The OVAs are pretty great especially on OVA9 although they may have mess with the data gathered about Haibara.

Note: I ain't sure about my deductions in OVA9. It's pretty stupid making one when I haven't read a single page of the manga yet. [lol]

I chose "movies" because the movies are much longer and usually have a brilliant plot : P

OVAs are also great but personally, I think they are too short : (

I'm not really sure what "Magic Files" are, though..

Why didn't they just call them OVA too?

magic files are actually special compilations of regular episodes, which are re-released to DVD around the time the last few movies hit the theaters... magic file 1 was just old episodes, but 2, 3, and now 4 also include new content (which are commonly considered the actual "magic file")

I don't know what I would vote for, as each one stands on its own merits

To tell the truth, all of them are interesting. If only the drawings in OVAs and Magic Files are better, though.

But then somehow, the characters in OVAs and Magic Files are a little OOC. Just my thought :mellow:

To tell the truth, all of them are interesting. If only the drawings in OVAs and Magic Files are better, though.

But then somehow, the characters in OVAs and Magic Files are a little OOC. Just my thought :mellow:

Guess it could only be like that (with the drawing) since the OVAs and Magic Files are "extra episodes"..

the movies are supposed to be in theatres, etc. so they're bound to be more in good quality! : P

I vote for movies. Propably it's because of the 4th Movie when Conan tell's his fellings to Ran, and the one with the stupid Architekt which blows up his own work. It was so cute when she told him that she don't wan't The Red Thread between them to be separated. It actually even save them but that's another point.

Magic Files are little extras that go along with the movies, like 'Osaka Okonomiyaki Odyssey'! It goes with Lost Ship in the Sky and it's absolutely hilarious! It's awesome! I voted for movies, cuz I love them!