Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

East vs. West detective battle (File 778-???)

Questions about the next file  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who murdered the victim?

• Sugai Rakutoshi - glasses guy who ordered spicy curry
    • Amakasu Tooru - piercings guy who ordered spicy ramen
    • Toujou Sanpei - heavy guy who ordered spicy mapo tofu
    • One of the other customers in Danny's
    • It really was a suicide
    • It was an accident
    • Andre Camel
    • Sera Masumi
    • Heji Hattori planned it in advance in order to beat Kudo

Nice going Detective Kudo on your deduction! I am somewhat ashamed to say that I didn't even put any effort forward because I was disheartened that the case involved a knowledge of the Japanese language.

James Black identifying that Sera was a girl right off was interesting. I think that means he met her once and doesn't remember that he did. Maybe he met Akai's family as a group once before, especially if he had a hand in making sure they went to the US from Japan three years ago.

*blush* :grin: Thanks Chek! i didn't even know you read it :blink: , that means a lot. I understand the disheartened feeling, it almost got me, but i had to try :smile: .

Anyway, i found Sera knowing some Kansai-ben and explaining it so well interesting, and James knowing Sera was a girl suprised me. I'm wondering is he hiding something, maybe he actually knows. If he forgot he met her i wonder will it come to him soon...

I loved Chapter 780!! (HeiShin HeiShin everywhere! ^^) Heiji was just so adorkable.. Conan as well. I've never seen him act like that before... *laughs again*

I liked this case as well to my suprise. NOOOOOOO! no HeiShin.... ever! *shivers*

*blush* :grin: Thanks Chek! i didn't even know you read it :blink: , that means a lot. I understand the disheartened feeling, it almost got me, but i had to try :smile: .

Anyway, i found Sera knowing some Kansai-ben and explaining it so well interesting, and James knowing Sera was a girl suprised me. I'm wondering is he hiding something, maybe he actually knows. If he forgot he met her i wonder will it come to him soon...

I liked this case as well to my suprise. NOOOOOOO! no HeiShin.... ever! *shivers*

Nice deduction! Maybe Sera once helped the FBI when she was younger in a simple case or two.... or maybe Akai/COnan had revealed their plot of Akai going under cover and that his sister might come from America to find him or do something for him.

Congrats, Detective Kudo! You were right on the mark! :)

Dare I hope that Sera will stick around for the next chapter? She's been around for so long, but somehow I got a gut feeling that Sera might appear again in the next chapter. *Knock on wood, crosses fingers* Do more plot, Gosho!

I'd forgotten how competitive Heiji could be - that was the whole reason he showed up at Mouri Detective Agency to look for Kudo, wasn't it? Heiji's ego seems even bigger than Shinichi's in this series, ha ha. I also thought that Heiji would be more careful about Shinichi's identity, since he assisted Shinichi in the Desperate Revival arc, but saying that Shinichi should get points off for "using that bizarre Kansai-ben" in front of Sera is rather careless, no? Dare I hope that Gosho is planning on Sera figuring out Shinichi's identity soon?!

uhh... and the spicy salty thing.... if kansai's karai means salty, then heiji would have known that he is the culprit far earlier than kudou dont you think? in the earlier chapter heiji himself said 'all of them ordered spicy dishes'. dont you find it weird when heiji in this volume didn't know that karai means spicy in tokyo but in the chapter before he knew that the ramen guy was saying that the ramen is spicy?

@Anti-APTX4869 Hmm, maybe! Conan did make The FaceTM before he pretended to call Shinichi, and Sera seems to have noticed that, so I think that Sera has enough clues to figure out that Conan is Shinichi by now. Though I might be biased, since I'm so desperate to see the plot move forward, ha ha.

@CrazyFanOfDC Apparently Heiji didn't notice, since he didn't know the normal term for "salty". Although, Kansai people don't usually call salt ramen "spicy" according to people who claim to be from Kansai on the 2chan board, but - Gosho did mention that he never has time to think of good cases anymore, so I guess that can't be helped. Maybe Gosho should publish biweekly instead of weekly?

Anyways, it makes sense that the salt ramen wasn't spicy, now that I think about it - salt ramen aren't usually spicy, so if it was Kazuha would have specifically mentioned that it was, rather than just saying "salt ramen" without any adjectives.

EDIT: Huh. According to one guy from the 2chan board, the suspects were named after a Family Restaurant chain named すかいらーく (Sukairaaku or Skylark) - Sugai Rakutoku is named after the Sukairaaku, Amakasu Tooru is named after a sub-chain named Gasuto (Gusto), and Toujou Sanpei after another sub-chain called Jonasan (Jonathan). Cool beans!

Detective Kudo, you are amazing! O_O

Its accuracy is just as good!! I am envy yet admiring your skills. ;)

*laughs* Thanks! :grin:

Nice deduction! Maybe Sera once helped the FBI when she was younger in a simple case or two.... or maybe Akai/COnan had revealed their plot of Akai going under cover and that his sister might come from America to find him or do something for him.

Thanks! :grin:

They may have seen her before they moved to America, my guess is because Akai avoided seeing Ai so far, probably based on his and her sisters relationship that in the end may have been the reason she was killed, When Ai discovers Sera is Akai's younger sister sparks will fly(not the good ones i may add).I am now suspicious of James and wonders what is Seras full history...

Congrats, Detective Kudo! You were right on the mark! :)

Dare I hope that Sera will stick around for the next chapter? She's been around for so long, but somehow I got a gut feeling that Sera might appear again in the next chapter. *Knock on wood, crosses fingers* Do more plot, Gosho!

I'd forgotten how competitive Heiji could be - that was the whole reason he showed up at Mouri Detective Agency to look for Kudo, wasn't it? Heiji's ego seems even bigger than Shinichi's in this series, ha ha. I also thought that Heiji would be more careful about Shinichi's identity, since he assisted Shinichi in the Desperate Revival arc, but saying that Shinichi should get points off for "using that bizarre Kansai-ben" in front of Sera is rather careless, no? Dare I hope that Gosho is planning on Sera figuring out Shinichi's identity soon?!

Aww thanks! You were right about the Salt/Spicy thing from the start

I sure hope so, i love plot

I think Sera knows already, and Heiji was extremely careless through out this case. Not to mention he was kinda a jerk for the whole case *laughs* I wonder why he is in Tokyo

I think Sera already knows...

The way she act around Conan is rather confident about him being Shinichi(or something like that) rather than suspecting him.

I agree

uhh... and the spicy salty thing.... if kansai's karai means salty, then heiji would have known that he is the culprit far earlier than kudou dont you think? in the earlier chapter heiji himself said 'all of them ordered spicy dishes'. dont you find it weird when heiji in this volume didn't know that karai means spicy in tokyo but in the chapter before he knew that the ramen guy was saying that the ramen is spicy?

Well i know in America, In the southwest we call food that has peppers spicy, but if you came from the midwest they would call it "hot". They use both sometimes,but if your from the southwest you would really never call it hot, but spicy, and people there easily can distinguish where you came from. I guess its the same here in a way.

@Anti-APTX4869 Hmm, maybe! Conan did make The FaceTM before he pretended to call Shinichi, and Sera seems to have noticed that, so I think that Sera has enough clues to figure out that Conan is Shinichi by now. Though I might be biased, since I'm so desperate to see the plot move forward, ha ha.

@CrazyFanOfDC Apparently Heiji didn't notice, since he didn't know the normal term for "salty". Although, Kansai people don't usually call salt ramen "spicy" according to people who claim to be from Kansai on the 2chan board, but - Gosho did mention that he never has time to think of good cases anymore, so I guess that can't be helped. Maybe Gosho should publish biweekly instead of weekly?

Anyways, it makes sense that the salt ramen wasn't spicy, now that I think about it - salt ramen aren't usually spicy, so if it was Kazuha would have specifically mentioned that it was, rather than just saying "salt ramen" without any adjectives.

EDIT: Huh. According to one guy from the 2chan board, the suspects were named after a Family Restaurant chain named すかいらーく (Sukairaaku or Skylark) - Sugai Rakutoku is named after the Sukairaaku, Amakasu Tooru is named after a sub-chain named Gasuto (Gusto), and Toujou Sanpei after another sub-chain called Jonasan (Jonathan). Cool beans!

That makes sense

I knew they would have some type of name pun *laughs*

I'm almost 100% sure there will be a huge amount of story plot in the next arc.

Gosho has been moving things along quite fast, yet quite slow.

He's been able to fit in so many major characters in such a long period of time without giving away too much of what's to come next.

I'm expecting the BO very very soon, possibly the next chapter.

Or, if not the BO, the FBI will have a more direct influence in the next arc than they had on this arc.

Either way, the BO will appear some time in the near future, and I can't wait.

Aww thanks! You were right about the Salt/Spicy thing from the start

Ha ha, I was so uncertain about everything, though! I wish that I used more common sense.

I wonder why he is in Tokyo

For PLOT, of course! (. . . I hope)

On James Black, I just remembered something - why did Gosho bother having him be born in London and then be living in Chicago? And make him mention Al Capone? Don't tell me that the BO has alcohol codenames because the BO used to be some branch of Al Capone's gang? Why did the cover of the chapter where Sera first appeared have Conan wear jeans with the UK flag on it? What's Sera's relation to the UK? Did something happen in the UK? Is that where James met Sera, if he did?? Why does Sera keep mentioning that her mom has huge boobs? In Japan, the stereotype is that Western women have huge boobs - is Sera's mom British?? Hmm . . .

EDIT: Just re-read File 325 - why did Haibara feel something out of James Black? Can she also detect the FBI or something? Or did James infiltrate the BO at some point? So many questions!

EDIT2: Don't tell me, SERA'S MOM ISN'T MRS. KINGSTON, IS IT?? (Probably not, but if Ran knows Sera's mom . . . hmm.)

I moved a bunch of posts related to justwantanaccount's post to the Sera's identity speculation topic because they were unrelated to this case. Please see these posts for further replies.

If you want to speculate about Sera's identity beyond the East vs. West case, please go to the Sera's identity speculation thread.