Detective Conan World
Detective Rohit

Greatest Criminal And Favourite Criminal

That fact is inconsequential to him being the greatest criminal or not... Allow me to liken it to modern day events...

Anokata = Osama bin Laden... They both are leaders of their respective organization (or were in the case of Bin Laden), both control things from the shadows never revealing themselves (well rarely for Bin Laden, but it wouldn't be a mystery if Anokata revealed himself), they both finance everything. Now... what happened to Osama again...? He was killed on sight as one of the greatest criminals of our generation.

Now granted, Anokata won't be killed, I mean this is Gosho's manga... and killing is viewed as bad. But after controlling a murderous organization for so long and doing so much damage to the world (especially Japan), there is no way he will get away. He will be viewed as the greatest criminal at the and should be considered as such now. We know he controls every thing and we know that the alcohol code named members listen to his commands. The mastermind is always charged above their underlings. It is how the world works. Hell... if you were born into the Org (like Sherry), the prosecution would take that into account and likely make a plea deal to implicate the willing members further, and allow for a lighter if any sentence at all.

The ONLY way for him/her NOT to be the greatest criminal is if it is revealed that it was a black bag operation by the CIA or Japanese equivalent intelligence agency in an effort to control and mediate the Japanese (international?) underworld. That is however highly unlikely because that would make the Japanese government into bad guys because they allowed for the deaths of hundreds (if not more) and several times the destruction of public and private property. And whatever other crimes we don't know about. Not to mention the international implications of one of the top members killing on American Soil (or on Japanese soil if it is CIA). So the likelihood of this scenario is nil. \

In the end.... no matter what... Anokata will be the greatest criminal.

That was a short argument...

That fact is inconsequential to him being the greatest criminal or not... Allow me to liken it to modern day events...

Anokata = Osama bin Laden... They both are leaders of their respective organization (or were in the case of Bin Laden), both control things from the shadows never revealing themselves (well rarely for Bin Laden, but it wouldn't be a mystery if Anokata revealed himself), they both finance everything. Now... what happened to Osama again...? He was killed on sight as one of the greatest criminals of our generation.

Now granted, Anokata won't be killed, I mean this is Gosho's manga... and killing is viewed as bad. But after controlling a murderous organization for so long and doing so much damage to the world (especially Japan), there is no way he will get away. He will be viewed as the greatest criminal at the and should be considered as such now. We know he controls every thing and we know that the alcohol code named members listen to his commands. The mastermind is always charged above their underlings. It is how the world works. Hell... if you were born into the Org (like Sherry), the prosecution would take that into account and likely make a plea deal to implicate the willing members further, and allow for a lighter if any sentence at all.

The ONLY way for him/her NOT to be the greatest criminal is if it is revealed that it was a black bag operation by the CIA or Japanese equivalent intelligence agency in an effort to control and mediate the Japanese (international?) underworld. That is however highly unlikely because that would make the Japanese government into bad guys because they allowed for the deaths of hundreds (if not more) and several times the destruction of public and private property. And whatever other crimes we don't know about. Not to mention the international implications of one of the top members killing on American Soil (or on Japanese soil if it is CIA). So the likelihood of this scenario is nil. \

In the end.... no matter what... Anokata will be the greatest criminal.

That's the thing: in the end. I DO believe Anokata WILL be the greatest criminal of DC. But in the meantime, I believe Gin is the greatest criminal so far, like I've implied multiple times already. I'm just confused as to what you are arguing for/against. I didn't say Anokata will never be considered the greatest of them all. All I'm saying is we don't know much about him yet, except for the fact that he is the boss. If the term "boss" is all you need to determine the greatest criminal, then so be it. It's all based on one's perception on things, right?

That's the thing: in the end. I DO believe Anokata WILL be the greatest criminal of DC. But in the meantime, I believe Gin is the greatest criminal so far, like I've implied multiple times already. I'm just confused as to what you are arguing for/against. I didn't say Anokata will never be considered the greatest of them all. All I'm saying is we don't know much about him yet, except for the fact that he is the boss. If the term "boss" is all you need to determine the greatest criminal, then so be it. It's all based on one's perception on things, right?

That's the thing... You know enough, which is that he is pulling the strings... Another example... Jack the Ripper... How much exactly do people know about him? Pretty much nothing except that he killed 5 women, and was implicated in a dozen other murders (or something, I don't feel like looking up the exact number of people that he supposedly killed). And yet he is regarded as one of the greatest criminals of the end of the 19th Century. You don't need to know anything about a person to recognize them as the greatest criminal. Hell the fact that they are still unknown or information is limited on them is further proof that they are the greatest criminal. It is their actions and the fact that they are able to remain anonymous that make them great.

Here is a literary example... Professor Moriarty... No one knew anything about him, including Holmes in the beginning. And it took Holmes a great deal of time to learn anything about him. And while Holmes was fighting underground, the police and Watson were unaware of his existence.

I think Mozzie from White Collar said it best "In this business, no reputation is the best reputation."

• Upvote 1

That's the thing... You know enough, which is that he is pulling the strings... Another example... Jack the Ripper... How much exactly do people know about him? Pretty much nothing except that he killed 5 women, and was implicated in a dozen other murders (or something, I don't feel like looking up the exact number of people that he supposedly killed). And yet he is regarded as one of the greatest criminals of the end of the 19th Century. You don't need to know anything about a person to recognize them as the greatest criminal. Hell the fact that they are still unknown or information is limited on them is further proof that they are the greatest criminal. It is their actions and the fact that they are able to remain anonymous that make them great.

Here is a literary example... Professor Moriarty... No one knew anything about him, including Holmes in the beginning. And it took Holmes a great deal of time to learn anything about him. And while Holmes was fighting underground, the police and Watson were unaware of his existence.

I think Mozzie from White Collar said it best "In this business, no reputation is the best reputation."

I'll admit that you are very tenacious about further proving your point. But come on, it's different with all those examples you used because the end of those stories were already clarified, while in DC, we don't know how manipulative the boss is because the story hasn't ended yet. You are actually making conjectures about the boss; just because the criminals you specified have reputations of having "no reputation" or little info about them, it doesn't mean those rules apply to Anokata. That's why I am repetitive about saying "only time will tell." We'll eventual see how Anokata's malicious mind works; then if he really is the stereotypical "secretive" greatest criminal, you are correct. But we can't make generalizations to back up our arguments...

• Upvote 1

I'll admit that you are very tenacious about further proving your point. But come on, it's different with all those examples you used because the end of those stories were already clarified, while in DC, we don't know how manipulative the boss is because the story hasn't ended yet. You are actually making conjectures about the boss; just because the criminals you specified have reputations of having "no reputation" or little info about them, it doesn't mean those rules apply to Anokata. That's why I am repetitive about saying "only time will tell." We'll eventual see how Anokata's malicious mind works; then if he really is the stereotypical "secretive" greatest criminal, you are correct. But we can't make generalizations to back up our arguments...

I made no conjectures... The information I have stated has been confirmed by the manga. I stated that the BO is murderous and that they commit other sorts of crimes, and probably committed others (we only know they were involved in Murder, larceny and extortion as far as I can remember). I stated that we know nothing about the boss other than that he controls the org from the shadows, which has been confirmed and is how Conan knows his number. We also know that he allows a certain amount of freedom to those whom he trusts, which seems to be Vermouth [and Gin maybe, this is as of yet confirmed], but mostly Vermouth, but he still ultimately controls them and knows everything they do (and allows it). Therefore, he is still the greatest criminal. He doesn't NEED to do anything, much like Professor Moriarty. In fact, it would be quite fair to call Anokata the Professor Moriarty of DC, and Gin would be the most likely candidate for Colonel Sebastian Moran.

And the only conjecture I made (which I believe is quite fair) is that the greatest criminals in history are those whom remain unknown and get away. Which is quite true, and them getting away is the reason they are considered the greatest criminals. The great criminals are those that merely get away but are still implicated, where as the best are never implicated to begin with but are still known for their crimes.

• Upvote 2

I made no conjectures... The information I have stated has been confirmed by the manga. I stated that the BO is murderous and that they commit other sorts of crimes, and probably committed others (we only know they were involved in Murder, larceny and extortion as far as I can remember). I stated that we know nothing about the boss other than that he controls the org from the shadows, which has been confirmed and is how Conan knows his number. We also know that he allows a certain amount of freedom to those whom he trusts, which seems to be Vermouth [and Gin maybe, this is as of yet confirmed], but mostly Vermouth, but he still ultimately controls them and knows everything they do (and allows it). Therefore, he is still the greatest criminal. He doesn't NEED to do anything, much like Professor Moriarty. In fact, it would be quite fair to call Anokata the Professor Moriarty of DC, and Gin would be the most likely candidate for Colonel Sebastian Moran.

And the only conjecture I made (which I believe is quite fair) is that the greatest criminals in history are those whom remain unknown and get away. Which is quite true, and them getting away is the reason they are considered the greatest criminals. The great criminals are those that merely get away but are still implicated, where as the best are never implicated to begin with but are still known for their crimes.

Back to the subject of opinions, if you see the boss as the greatest criminal because of his skills of controlling his subordinates and his ability to obscure his identity, then I respect that. The way I see it is the greatest criminal can most efficiently be determined by the conclusion of DC. I'm just not convinced yet that Anokata deserves the title yet. Additionally, Gin is also very secretive and the fact that Gosha Aoyama gives us a vantage point of Gin's actions, there must be some importance in that; so he can clearly reveal to us that he is the antagonist right away. And I'll leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

Wow...Kyuu-kun, AJ-kun, you 2 really like to write...

^^

I agree. But it probably because there's a lot to say and they want to get the point across. Not to mention they must REALLY know what they're talking about ^^U

He's a little...ummm...nerd

Nerd is not the word. By no means..His intellect is just a little above "Inspector" Yamamura. He's nothing without Gin. It was Gin who saved him in Contact With The Black Organisation Arc.. I regret keeping "Vodka" as an option.. But then, he is a criminal isnt he?

The identity of Anokata is secret, which is why i go for Gin. But as AJM said, Greatest criminal can be only found at the final showdown between Conan and BO.

Edit: Removed "Chianti, Korn and Snake". I am convinced that these have no potential to be a great criminal.