Detective Conan World
Detective Rohit

Greatest Criminal And Favourite Criminal

Er... you don't have to be the best criminal to be someone's favorite. I like Arsene Lupin more than Professor Moriarty, but I would NEVER say that Arsene Lupin is greater than Moriarty (put simply Lupin's stories are enormously fun, just like Kid's). It just doesn't make sense. It is all about thinking objectively.

If you asked 100 people whom have never read Conan "Who is worse...the leader of a multinational crime syndicate that is involved in murder and assassinations, extortion and cyber crimes, or a gentleman thief who usually steals for good reason (returning the gem to original owner or to find his father's murderer), and always returns everything?" What do you think they would say? BEING COMPLETELY UNBIASED

But that may be why some people favorite him. :P

In order to be a criminal you do not have to be "the worst". The law does not dictate good or bad. The law tells us what we are and are not allowed to do. They would answer the BO because they are more EVIL- which means they are the worst. :)

But that may be why some people favorite him. :P

In order to be a criminal you do not have to be "the worst". The law does not dictate good or bad. The law tells us what we are and are not allowed to do. They would answer the BO because they are more EVIL- which means they are the worst. :)

In this case... YES! That is exactly what this poll is for! That would make them the greater criminal, because they commit worse and more crimes without getting caught.

Again, NOT favoritism, but GREATEST criminal. Kid is not the greatest criminal, he is just the favorite of a lot of people. Gin and Anokata are CLEARLY the greatest criminals in DC. All the people who are voting for kid are voting for him because he is their favorite, not because they think he is actually the greatest criminal.

In this case... YES! That is exactly what this poll is for! That would make them the greater criminal, because they commit worse and more crimes without getting caught.

Again, NOT favoritism, but GREATEST criminal. Kid is not the greatest criminal, he is just the favorite of a lot of people. Gin and Anokata are CLEARLY the greatest criminals in DC. All the people who are voting for kid are voting for him because he is their favorite, not because they think he is actually the greatest criminal.

No, it would not. The greatest criminal can be determined in a number of ways based on people's opinions. If they prefer a criminal who can virtually get away with any heist, can successfully steal ladies hearts and has "stayed on the run" for more than 10 years over people who repeatedly commit worse crimes than so be it. If they prefer quantity over quality- then that's the way they'll vote.

No, it is not favoritism. And once again, that is your opinion.

And that is not true.

That's very stereotypical, actually. I could say the same thing about the people who voted Gin or Anokata. ;)

No, it would not. The greatest criminal can be determined in a number of ways based on people's opinions. If they prefer a criminal who can virtually get away with any heist, can successfully steal ladies hearts and has "stayed on the run" for more than 10 years over people who repeatedly commit worse crimes than so be it. If they prefer quantity over quality- then that's the way they'll vote.

No, it is not favoritism. And once again, that is your opinion.

And that is not true.

That's very stereotypical, actually. I could say the same thing about the people who voted Gin or Anokata. ;)

But... The BO ALSO gets away with heists and not have to be on the lamb because they leave no evidence. The BO has been around for FAR more than 10 years, and Kid has only been active for less than a year, unless you are including Toichi. But that is unfair because we know nothing about him and he was a far better thief than Kuroba. Then you have two people acting for one criminal. And Toichi has not been on the run because he has been... you know... DEAD. Kaitou Kid hasn't even been on the run that long. Has had NUMEROUS close calls, where as the BO has been happily active with no close calls. Anokata hasn't even been revealed because no one can make it that far, who ever does is killed before they can say anything or find anything out.

And stealing a person's heart is not a crime and including that in the consideration would lead to favoritism, which is not needed for an objective poll.

But... The BO ALSO gets away with heists and not have to be on the lamb because they leave no evidence. The BO has been around for FAR more than 10 years, and Kid has only been active for less than a year, unless you are including Toichi. But that is unfair because we know nothing about him and he was a far better thief than Kuroba. Then you have two people acting for one criminal. And Toichi has not been on the run because he has been... you know... DEAD. Kaitou Kid hasn't even been on the run that long. Has had NUMEROUS close calls, where as the BO has been happily active with no close calls. Anokata hasn't even been revealed because no one can make it that far, who ever does is killed before they can say anything or find anything out.

And stealing a person's heart is not a crime and including that in the consideration would lead to favoritism, which is not needed for an objective poll.

I am indeed including Toichi. :)

And do we really know all that much about the BO? We only have assumptions just as you've been saying. And yes, I know that. That's why it was in quotes. :grin: lol And that's not true about the BO, either. They've got a little detective on their trail that knows quite a bit about them when Conan is yet to figure out KID's identity.

Conan has Anokata's email. That's far more than he has about KID.

I know, it was a joke. XD

I am indeed including Toichi. :)

And do we really know all that much about the BO? We only have assumptions just as you've been saying. And yes, I know that. That's why it was in quotes. :grin: lol And that's not true about the BO, either. They've got a little detective on their trail that knows quite a bit about them when Conan is yet to figure out KID's identity.

Conan has Anokata's email. That's far more than he has about KID.

I know, it was a joke. XD

He knows next to nothing except their crimes. The email? Give it to the police and see where it leads... Likely it is to a legitimate front. Conan knows plenty but can prove absolutely nothing, except maybe that Gin poisoned him. Ai would have to testify, but how much can she prove? Probably nothing, and without confirmation that she was in the BO, there is no use having her testify anyway. Considering that no one can confirm it, it is pretty much useless. In law knowing things means nothing if you cannot prove it. The FBI seems to know plenty too, why haven't they arrested Vermouth? Because they have no evidence. Words mean nothing without evidence to back it up. If Conan knew ANYTHING of substance he would have dialed up Megure AGES ago and told him the code names, the real names if known and all the evidence he had, and the series would have ended. As of right now Conan can't do anything against the BO, but he can have Kid arrested in an instant.

He knows next to nothing except their crimes. The email? Give it to the police and see where it leads... Likely it is to a legitimate front. Conan knows plenty but can prove absolutely nothing, except maybe that Gin poisoned him. Ai would have to testify, but how much can she prove? Probably nothing, and without confirmation that she was in the BO, there is no use having her testify anyway. Considering that no one can confirm it, it is pretty much useless. In law knowing things means nothing if you cannot prove it. The FBI seems to know plenty too, why haven't they arrested Vermouth? Because they have no evidence. Words mean nothing without evidence to back it up. If Conan knew ANYTHING of substance he would have dialed up Megure AGES ago and told him the code names, the real names if known and all the evidence he had, and the series would have ended. As of right now Conan can't do anything against the BO, but he can have Kid arrested in an instant.

And when did we get into the discussion of court? ;) Conan knows enough to help him bring the BO down- although he isn't ready to yet. He can't bring KID down with what he knows about him. The most he could hope for at the moment is to capture him during a heist and BECAUSE KID is the great criminal he is you know he'll ind a way out of it. ;)

Conan cannot have KID arrested until he captures him. He knows nothing about him.

And when did we get into the discussion of court? ;) Conan knows enough to help him bring the BO down- although he isn't ready to yet. He can't bring KID down with what he knows about him. The most he could hope for at the moment is to capture him during a heist and BECAUSE KID is the great criminal he is you know he'll ind a way out of it. ;)

Conan cannot have KID arrested until he captures him. He knows nothing about him.

No... that is the thing... Conan doesn't. He has a number and he knows that they have committed crimes. This is what would happen... Shinichi: Megure, I have some information on a murderous org Megure:OH? Lets hear it Shinichi: I've seen them kill x number of people and they were the ones who did the bank heist, here is the bosses number Megure: Great, I'll look into it... Megure: Sorry Shinichi, there wasn't enough to GAIN A WARRANT for an international actress (the only person whom name he knows). The COURTS said that a number that was overheard and the word of a 17 year old KID is not enough. Sorry, call me again when you have more evidence that could be used to obtain a warrant or at least search authorization of the base of operations or the house of any of the main people.

In law, COURTS are everything. Conan knows some things but he can't prove anything. The only thing he has is a NUMBER. The courts would simply laugh. The police can't do anything unless the courts give them a go ahead or unless they have just cause. And guess what, if they don't... There are BIG problems (which they don't). Megure could lose his job and be arrested.

No... that is the thing... Conan doesn't. He has a number and he knows that they have committed crimes. This is what would happen... Shinichi: Megure, I have some information on a murderous org Megure:OH? Lets hear it Shinichi: I've seen them kill x number of people and they were the ones who did the bank heist, here is the bosses number Megure: Great, I'll look into it... Megure: Sorry Shinichi, there wasn't enough to GAIN A WARRANT for an international actress (the only person whom name he knows). The COURTS said that a number that was overheard and the word of a 17 year old KID is not enough. Sorry, call me again when you have more evidence that could be used to obtain a warrant or at least search authorization of the base of operations or the house of any of the main people.

In law, COURTS are everything. Conan knows some things but he can't prove anything. The only thing he has is a NUMBER. The courts would simply laugh. The police can't do anything unless the courts give them a go ahead or unless they have just cause. And guess what, if they don't... There are BIG problems (which they don't). Megure could lose his job and be arrested.

But they will be clues that eventually help him to his goal. He has nothing that can help him to his goal with KID besides himself.

We are not talking about the law, we are talking about clues that will help Conan bring KID or the BO down. We you cut right down to it, Conan has more info on the BO than on KID.

KID is considered Heiji's Hakuba's AND Conan's rival. All of which are important (well, Hakuba is questionable but... XD). That means he is important and has a spot on the list. :) Especially if you add on his father.

But they will be clues that eventually help him to his goal. He has nothing that can help him to his goal with KID besides himself.

We are not talking about the law, we are talking about clues that will help Conan bring KID or the BO down. We you cut right down to it, Conan has more info on the BO than on KID.

KID is considered Heiji's Hakuba's AND Conan's rival. All of which are important (well, Hakuba is questionable but... XD). That means he is important and has a spot on the list. :) Especially if you add on his father.

Again, he doesn't... Kid is far more open and leave clues and openly shows his thievery. If he catches any of the BO he has to prove everything, if he can't they walk. That is a non-issue for Kid. Conan has to prove nothing. He can catch Vermouth, but without proof he can do nothing. He can catch Kid and watch him go to jail along with Jii.

Again, he doesn't... Kid is far more open and leave clues and openly shows his thievery. If he catches any of the BO he has to prove everything, if he can't they walk. That is a non-issue for Kid. Conan has to prove nothing. He can catch Vermouth, but without proof he can do nothing. He can catch Kid and watch him go to jail along with Jii.

But does Conan have anything on him?

And as I said before, Conan has CLUES that will HELP him FURTHER DEVELOP his case against the BO. XD And why does Conan not have to prove anything? He'd have to prove something. They wouldn't just go arrest somebody on his word, would they? XD Oh I'd hope not! lol

He doesn't have anything on KID, though. XD He doesn't know much of anything about his secret identity and that's what is most important.

The point is, KID is a criminal worthy of being on the poll- and he has the most votes. XD

But does Conan have anything on him?

And as I said before, Conan has CLUES that will HELP him FURTHER DEVELOP his case against the BO. XD And why does Conan not have to prove anything? He'd have to prove something. They wouldn't just go arrest somebody on his word, would they? XD Oh I'd hope not! lol

He doesn't have anything on KID, though. XD He doesn't know much of anything about his secret identity and that's what is most important.

The point is, KID is a criminal worthy of being on the poll- and he has the most votes. XD

Yes he does... Videos, witnesses (pretty much all of Japan that watches the news), notices... need I go on? Kid has a TON of evidence against him, which is why he is screwed if caught. The BO members are not... There is no evidence of anything illegal that they have done in the public eye. They tie up all loose ends.

The point is that Kid does not deserve the votes he has because people are treating this like a popularity poll rather than a greatest criminal poll.

Yes he does... Videos, witnesses (pretty much all of Japan that watches the news), notices... need I go on? Kid has a TON of evidence against him, which is why he is screwed if caught. The BO members are not... There is no evidence of anything illegal that they have done in the public eye. They tie up all loose ends.

The point is that Kid does not deserve the votes he has because people are treating this like a popularity poll rather than a greatest criminal poll.

But that doesn't clue him in as to who KID himself is. By what Gosho has stated in the manga- Conan has more info on the BO than he does on KID.

I think you're forgetting just how popular the BO is, as well. XD And that's kind of stereotypical to apply to the people who voted KID. ^^' I can say the same thing about Gin and Anokata. The BO has fans, too, you know. :)

But that doesn't clue him in as to who KID himself is. By what Gosho has stated in the manga- Conan has more info on the BO than he does on KID.

I think you're forgetting just how popular the BO is, as well. XD And that's kind of stereotypical to apply to the people who voted KID. ^^' I can say the same thing about Gin and Anokata. The BO has fans, too, you know. :)

I'm done with this debate... really... debating with someone who doesn't understand the basics of law and evidence when discussing crime is really hard to do, and I do not have the time nor patience to explain everything to you as to why having video of someone in a hat and a monocle with tons of evidence is better than having a number and a name with no evidence.

The greatest criminals in DC are MEANT to be the BO, so their popularity is irrelevant here. Kid's fans are blind when it comes to him, which is why movies like 8 and 14 are so popular despite them being absolute tripe.

I'm done with this debate... really... debating with someone who doesn't understand the basics of law and evidence when discussing crime is really hard to do, and I do not have the time nor patience to explain everything to you as to why having video of someone in a hat and a monocle with tons of evidence is better than having a number and a name with no evidence.

The greatest criminals in DC are MEANT to be the BO, so their popularity is irrelevant here. Kid's fans are blind when it comes to him, which is why movies like 8 and 14 are so popular despite them being absolute tripe.

I understand but what is written by Gosho is written. Conan knows nothing about KID while he knows a tiny bit more about the BO and while it may not be much or that accurate it will still help him. :) It has never been stated that there is a video so that doesn't really count. XD

You shouldn't say that they are blind- that is not true and another stereotype. And it's who the AUDIENCE thinks is the Greatest Criminal.

Have a good rest of the day then, sorry for wasting so much of your time. ^^'

I think the greatest misconception about this topic is the term "greatest". There is "greatest" as in to the highest degree, then there is "greatest" as in most favorited.

Sorry Kaitou Kid fans but Kid DOES NOT have the criminal-esque heart that a BO member has. He has the tricks and tactics to commit crimes but not the heart or the motive to be considered the greatest criminal in DC.

On request, I have added another poll so that people do not get confused with Greatest and Favourite.

In short-

Greatest Criminal is the one who is "Most Wanted", "Murderer", "Bloody", "Without Remourse" and "Leaves no Clue Behind.

Favourite Criminal is based on what people like. (In most cases it will be Kaito Kid).

Rohit, good show, but I don't think anything will change unless you delete all of the previous votes.

I deleted and revoted...

Anokata is still the greatest imo

Vermouth is my CURRENT favorite. If Bourbon is everything that Gosho is hyping him up to be, then he will likely become my favorite.

I agree with Kyuu

but still kaito kid will be an option coz of (most wanted)

BO is secret crime org after all so hardly anyone in police is even aware of their existence

AS ANOKATA has not been introduced

For me it will be vermouth and gin are greatest.

On request, I have added another poll so that people do not get confused with Greatest and Favourite.

In short-

Greatest Criminal is the one who is "Most Wanted", "Murderer", "Bloody", "Without Remourse" and "Leaves no Clue Behind.

Favourite Criminal is based on what people like. (In most cases it will be Kaito Kid).

thanks you rohit

also i agree with kyuu on the his post to delete all the votes and vote again