Detective Conan World
Kid the Phantom Thief

Osama bin Laden death discussion

They reported Osama Bin Laden's death in the paper today. Unfortunately, the editor made a goof by spelling 'Obama Bin Laden' instead of 'Osama bin Laden'.

And to think that it was my teacher who told us all. LOL.

They reported Osama Bin Laden's death in the paper today. Unfortunately, the editor made a goof by spelling 'Obama Bin Laden' instead of 'Osama bin Laden'.

And to think that it was my teacher who spread the news. LOL.

O.o

They'll probably get sued by the US government. :P

O.o

Agreed. In fact, I just looked up POTUS cuz it was in the paper too.

O.o

Well actually, the paper issued an apology to the US government for mixing 'Obama' with 'Osama'.

I saw on the news that the Al-Qaeda have admitted he is dead. I was going out of the house at the time though so I only heard the headlines.

EDIT: Found a link to it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13317717

Of course there's still the possibility he didn't tell his subordinates or they're pretending but I like to think those chances are quite low. After all, if America had faked it, what would they get from it? Pakistan no longer trusts them properly and it would be easy for the Al-Qaeda to expose them by proving he isn't dead.

• Upvote 1

I saw on the news that the Al-Qaeda have admitted he is dead. I was going out of the house at the time though so I only heard the headlines.

Of course there's still the possibility he didn't tell his subordinates or they're pretending but I like to think those chances are quite low. After all, if America had faked it, what would they get from it? Pakistan no longer trusts them properly and it would be easy for the Al-Qaeda to expose them by proving he isn't dead.

Oh.

Maybe they were paid by Obama and asked them to pretend that Osama is really dead

so dont be happy!

Maybe they were paid by Obama and asked them to pretend that Osama is really dead

so dont be happy!

And why would they actually do that, the Al-Qaeda do these things for their religion, I don't think that after doing so many things in the name of Islam that they could be swayed by a bit of money. It goes against all their previous behaviour!

...c'mon come up with a logical theory if you want to prove he's still alive (so I can try and disprove them all :mrgreen:).

And why would they actually do that, the Al-Qaeda do these things for their religion, I don't think that after doing so many things in the name of Islam that they could be swayed by a bit of money. It goes against all their previous behaviour!

...c'mon come up with a logical theory if you want to prove he's still alive (so I can try and disprove them all :mrgreen:).

For money so that they can buy more weapons

sorry, But I am against Obama

• Upvote 1

Don't go that far, Stopwatch. There's a line between the Muslim religion and Al Qaeda that the States have been mixing up for years. Ever heard of the supposed "Muslim law requires their believers to die with non-believers" rule? It's false. Muslims are quite angry that they've been mixed up with this entire business. It gives them a bad name and many conclude that Osama bin Laden was not a true Muslim.

For money so that they can buy more weapons

sorry, But I am against Obama

May I ask why?

Oi oi, so Americans are the only people this affects?

Anyway, this isn't really a huge stepping stone, the second-in-command is obviously just provoked into avenging their founder. All it does is show that both sides are gonna get more and more at each others throats. The Americans have more morale now, yes, I'll admit that, but, by killing Osama they're adding fuel to the fire. Also, saying essentially 'God is on America's side' isn't the smartest thing to do. It hasn't factored in that not everyone is Christian and, again, is just more likely to provoke Al-Qaeda into action. I'm totally bored by the way....

(Sorry if I come across badly in this, I seriously don't mean to)

:mrgreen:

:lol:

Yea but most Americans claim to be Christians, they can't speak for the minority but majority,if they did we would have to change the national anthem, the constitution, etc. There have always and will always be those kind of references, their job as politicians is to represent the majority, that's democracy at it's best. They can't please everyone. That's my opinion

Its a terrorist group, so they will terrorize, but if the US keep on their throats long enough they will eventually dissolve, they can't be on defense forever :blink: btw it also benefits all of the Allied powers, they had attempted terrorist attacks as well.

Don't go that far, Stopwatch. There's a line between the Muslim religion and Al Qaeda that the States have been mixing up for years. Ever heard of the supposed "Muslim law requires their believers to die with non-believers" rule? It's false. Muslims are quite angry that they've been mixed up with this entire business. It gives them a bad name and many conclude that Osama bin Laden was not a true Muslim.

May I ask why?

I just wanted to be :P

just joking

Sorry, I meant more about the fact that religion is the sort of thing that some people will do absolutely anything for, like those extremist nationalist people when they say they're doing something for the country (like the BNP in Britain, hate 'em), I didn't mean to single out Islam in particular. Maybe I should have worded it better...

Yea, I'm a muslim and I kinda hate bin laden for that reason. The things he's doing is against our religion and against human rights, but burying him underwater is against our religion too, you are supposed to bury humans on earth and within the 24 hours. There has been many debates about this.

...I really need to word things correctly to make sure people don't misunderstand what I'm saying, honestly, I've made the argument that most Muslims disagree with what Bin Laden's done to get his message heard myself so, again to everyone in this thread. Sorry~!

And conanshinichi, you're Muslim? Cool, the area I live in has quite a large Muslim population (though I'm not one myself...). It's interesting to hear your viewpoint on it 'cause most people I've discussed this with are Christians or don't have a religion... :mrgreen:

May I ask why?

Thats right IDU, you really are well read