Detective Conan World
Anti-APTX4869

I should take an art class

I think I started DC almost a year ago... I don't have much fanart, but my number is increasing... Which reminds me, I should get that DC pic I drew during French on DCW...

I just started DC not long ago, so I dont have much DC drawings. I have alot of other drawings though... BUT IM ALWAYS LAZY TO COLOUR >_< So 90% are black and white sketches.

I'm lazy to color it also... my colored pencils are limited so I can't make a much of a drawing..

I think I started DC almost a year ago... I don't have much fanart, but my number is increasing... Which reminds me, I should get that DC pic I drew during French on DCW...

I have been watching DC when I was 8.... and I couldn't watch it because US did not air DC on non-cable TV....

I got back to DC around this year's end of March or beginning of April.

Post them. Your drawings are good as well. :D

Ok, I'll post it when I get it inked. Though I will warn you, it's slightly depressing... I kinda drew the picture based off a fanfic I read a while back.

Pencil case was stolen... 뉴_뉴

Sorry there's no colors.... :(

I will try to go get some ASAP... ;)

All these are drawn during classes... :twisted:

so they will look weird. :mellow:

Conan.jpg

Conan... uhhh... looks weird.... :blink:

ShinCon.jpg

Shinichi and Conan.... Their arm + hand.... I fail at them....as always.... <_<

ConAi.jpg

Leg too long? or arm too short? I have no idea.... :mellow:

Need... Colors.... I will kill that person who stole them....

Aeyra your advises in drawings are always helpful. ^_^

Anyone can say everything about it even if it is bad. ;)

Negative comments are sometimes more helpful... :huh:

The first one is probably my fave followed by third then second. I really like the style you've used on the first pic. On the other two it's just the proportions that make it not as good, you've given everyone adult proportions instead of child proportions, still, great drawings... :lol:

*opens each drawing in a seperate tab*

Hmm.... 'kay, I got some.

Drawing 1:

1. The proportions are pretty good for this one, so, that's plus number 1.

2. However, the hair looks a little funky on the left side- it doesn't stick out that much, it also goes down.

3. I think there's too many 'spikes' going down for Conan's hair, but since you didn't have a guide, I can't blame you.

4. You have some strange creases on the right (the right you look at) arm. The arm also 'ends' too early. It should be thicker at the top.

5. Somehow, the eyes don't make me think of Conan, but that's hard to do seeing you have to have the right thickness and whatever. I think his eye needs more light.

6. I think his head needs to be more round

This one was pretty good. I flipped it using my computer and there weren't any extreme errors. However, his left (our left) shoulder is a bit low.

Drawing 2: (I should eat breakfast soon....)

1. Shinichi is too short (or Conan is too tall) Conan doesn't even reach Ran's hips! ^^

2. In order to fix that problem, make Shinichi's legs longer, and Conan's shorter. Gosho Aoyama said that Conan is approx. 4 heads tall, and I think Shinichi should be seven.

3. Their right (our right again) arms are a little awkward. They should overlap the body a little bit.

4. The left arm needs some creases at the elbow. I hate drawing those creases...

5. Shinichi's hair is a bit awkward. It needs one more tuft just on the left side of the head, coming behind his head.

Reasonable, you just have to adjust the arms and legs a bit, that's all.

Drawing 3:

1. The first thing I noticed was that Conan looks like a six year old still. (and he's much too tall for that.) Either give him Shinichi's face or simply make him and Ai shorter.

2. Their heads are too flat! Draw circles for the head! It actually works! (just tried and had success at last...)

3. Their necks are a bit skinny. Make them wider at the base.

4. Um, is Ai's left (our left) arm end in a hand, or is that her sleeve? It's hard to tell. If it's her hand, then it needs more detail on the fingers, but if it's the sleeve like I think it is, it shouldn't really be creased like that. It should be flat.

5. Ai's hair isn't detailed enough. But you'll get better at that.

6. Ai's eyes (hey, homophones!) need more creases. You need them above the eye to show her eyes aren't open all the way, and then you need the eye brows.

That's just about it! (now to retrieve my chicken from the microwave...)

^^ Yes! Thanks for advice Ayera! I'll keep those in mind the next time I draw... (or try to...)

Everyone's advices always take me to next step!!!

Thanks everyone!

... and uhh.... *sigh*

I really wish I had colors.... No colors for time being... Sorry about that... =_=

I'm almost done with Haibara's face I've been working on... will be posted in a bit...

but somehow it does not look like what I tried to draw...

Well, you know this picture...

images28.jpg

Oh gosh it is so hard to draw....

Yea. I tried to draw that....

How? you say....

well, I took a picture of it in my phone....

then I tried to.. you know, copy it.

of course it's impossible to trace...

and it came out to be like this...

It looks... uh... fine I guess...

I need to buy some colors seriously...

HaibaraSmile.jpg

As you can see, I messed up a lot along the way.. erase marks/scratches...

I messed up on the eye and the shoulder/jacket(?)...

Face is too small. I should have made it longer...

I drew her slightly smile because I thought she should smile more often...

I always mess up on the hair... the top and the (our)left is a bit too big and far apart..

and I couldn't see the hair in my phone... (too small to see that detail...)

Guess how many hours this took me...

EDIT:

Ok, so I just noticed there are some odd marks... I don't know where that came from...

Edited by Anti-APTX4869

I'm sorry, but I feel like being a critic on this... I have no clue why, I just wanna....

1.)Head - A bit to big. I think it should be thinner.

2.)Shoulders - Too small. Yes, the head is supposed to be pretty big on the small shoulders, but the shoulders are too small. Try making them a bit bigger.

3.)Hair - I'll cut you a bit of slack on the top part, but it's still a bit flat. As for bangs, it doesn't go out as far as you made them. Now for the bottom part of her hair, it looks unnatural. If you look, you can tell the back part (the part that's in the back) doesn't connect to the front part and hence, makes it look awkward.

These are the three main ones, but besides that I think you did well. So good job! I'm sure you'll improve! :)

I'm glad you find my critic helpful. I don't know what got into me though... I tend not to judge stuff... Great, my friend (who critic everything during the recital) is rubbing off on me.... =.=;;;

O_o???

Well, here's the thing.

You know that phrase "Without mistakes, there is no success."

Well, similar idea. "Without criticism, there is no way to identify one's mistake. Without mistakes, there is no success." ;)

I'm one of those people who takes criticism as a guide to achievement, so it is better to know your mistakes rather than passing them by(Don't know that word ^^;;)...

I don't think you should trace pictures much, you don't learn much from tracing without thinking.

The key to copying anything measure carefully with your pencil and your eyes ^^. Also figure the "direction".

When you place to objects for example the eye, then you create a direction.

Getting direction correct is important for characters I think ^^. The haibara in the picture is slightly slanted, it's fine if you didn't mean to copy the slant though lol.

I don't think you should trace pictures much, you don't learn much from tracing without thinking.

The key to copying anything measure carefully with your pencil and your eyes ^^. Also figure the "direction".

When you place to objects for example the eye, then you create a direction.

Getting direction correct is important for characters I think ^^. The haibara in the picture is slightly slanted, it's fine if you didn't mean to copy the slant though lol.

:mellow: I can't trace. It's from cell phone, so it is too small to trace... :P

I never learn how to draw so I'm not sure about "Direction." but thanks! Now I see I need to do that.

I think the shoulders are too small.. And the head is too big, and like Misaki-chan said, the hair is too flat. You should listen to Kirite as well. Kirite is an AMAZING artist! ^^ It's pretty good, and copying will help you get the hang of it.