Detective Conan World
Noir

Conan x Ai

^

No, I'm comparing the reactions of a woman MY age, when isn't much older, to a woman of Haibara's age. XD There shouldn't be much of a difference there.

Playful? Why yes, that face she made at the end of that scene just screamed "I'm being playful, baby! ^_^" lol. XD

I wasn't saying that she needed to be a kid, but it was rather childish of her to do that. XD Yes, you need to be closer to them, but it was apparent that Haibara was NOT playing around. She is, yes, close enough to him to do that, but I think that's more of a friend or sister-ish kind of closeness.

^

No, I'm comparing the reactions of a woman MY age, when isn't much older, to a woman of Haibara's age. XD There shouldn't be much of a difference there.

Playful? Why yes, that face she made at the end of that scene just screamed "I'm being playful, baby! ^_^" lol. XD

I wasn't saying that she needed to be a kid, but it was rather childish of her to do that. XD Yes, you need to be closer to them, but it was apparent that Haibara was NOT playing around. She is, yes, close enough to him to do that, but I think that's more of a friend or sister-ish kind of closeness.

Wow... So all women your age act the same way? And all the women your age already have a Ph.D and have worked in an advanced lab for ~5 years? AND grew up in a different country without your parents or family?! Wow! That is amazing! I had no idea your life experiences could account for ALL women in that age range so you could make such a judgement! You have shown me the err of my ways!

Seriously though... You can't make judgement on that. And by the by, A LOT can happen in a few short years too. ESPECIALLY after going to college, which I assume you haven't done being the age you are (younger than Shiho).

And yeah... I have seen MUCH worse being done in a playful way for punishment of doing something the other party didn't like. That was nothing really and did come off as more playful than mean spirited. Haibara is creative, she would have done something a mite bit worse if she really wanted to be mean spirited in that. She set it up so that she and Ayumi could be even with Conan, which she did. It was a ploy to get even with Conan, nothing more. And believe me, that is even MORE common.

EDIT: Apologies if the excessive sarcasm came off harsh, I just hate when people make inferences about others based of their own limited life experiences.

I agree with Kyuu(as usual)I think many women would react that way,it depends on people's personnality...(I would personnally react more like Haibara if I was embarrassed that way by someone that I like)

Moreover what Haibara did wasn't that painful,Conan didn't suffered that much...This is just the way she interact with him^^

Now I think Haibara likes Conan,she doesn't love him like she used to(vol41),but she still cares about him,more than just a friend...

Wow... So all women your age act the same way? And all the women your age already have a Ph.D and have worked in an advanced lab for ~5 years? AND grew up in a different country without your parents or family?! Wow! That is amazing! I had no idea your life experiences could account for ALL women in that age range so you could make such a judgement! You have shown me the err of my ways!

Seriously though... You can't make judgement on that. And by the by, A LOT can happen in a few short years too. ESPECIALLY after going to college, which I assume you haven't done being the age you are (younger than Shiho).

And yeah... I have seen MUCH worse being done in a playful way for punishment of doing something the other party didn't like. That was nothing really and did come off as more playful than mean spirited. Haibara is creative, she would have done something a mite bit worse if she really wanted to be mean spirited in that. She set it up so that she and Ayumi could be even with Conan, which she did. It was a ploy to get even with Conan, nothing more. And believe me, that is even MORE common.

No, but you said comparing her to an 8-year-old, which means you found some relevance there as an argument. XD

Oh no I've been through college. I'm a tad bit older.

so... THIS looks playful to you:

playful.jpg

I don't wanna KNOW your idea of pissed then! D:

That's what I said, though. XD

I said that Ai did it, not because he was upset he didn't notice her body or because she wanted to see his butt or something crazy like that, but because he didn't apologize and she felt he should know what they were feeling. XD

My original argument was that if she liked him she probably wouldn't have handled it that way. :)

And I'm never trying to convert, but yes. Always trying to stand by my opinion. And I will continue to be involved in this way until people don't look at AyuCon shippers like they're crazy for liking the pairing. XD

(And no hard feelings, I understand. It's something that you dislike to see just as I hate it that people with no formal musical training get famous in the music industry...XD)

No, but you said comparing her to an 8-a-old, which means you found some relevance there as an argument. XD

Oh no I've been through college. I'm a tad bit older.

so... THIS looks playful to you:

playful.jpg

I don't wanna KNOW your idea of pissed then! D:

That's what I said, though. XD

I said that Ai did it, not because he was upset he didn't notice her body or because she wanted to see his butt or something crazy like that, but because he didn't apologize and she felt he should know what they were feeling. XD

My original argument was that if she liked him she probably wouldn't have handled it that way. :)

And I'm never trying to convert, but yes. Always trying to stand by my opinion. And I will continue to be involved in this way until people don't look at AyuCon shippers like they're crazy for liking the pairing. XD

That really didn't strike me as that kind of look. I really don't think Ai of all people would reveal when she is actually pissed, same way she doesn't show when she is sad or worried. The emotions have to be extremely strong for her to show any emotion. That to me is more of a mischievous look more than anything. And mischievous can be playful (and often is).

And there is no relevance because an 8 year old will not react the same way as an adult in that situation. It just doesn't happen. Which is why I brought it up. You cannot compare how any TWO people will react to a given situation, let alone an 8 year old and an 18 year old who has more life experience than some 30 year olds. The point of bringing that up is that you brought up that Ayumi would not have reacted in the same way and therefore cares more. She could not react in the same way as their ages and life experiences are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, it is a pointless line of argument. Ayumi will NEVER react the same way to a given situation as Ai, and she will never show affection the same way as Ai either. They are two completely different characters, with different motivations, different experiences, different backgrounds, hell the only thing about them that is similar is their gender. You cannot use "Oh well Ayumi cares more for Conan because she reacted in x,y,z way and Haibara reacted in a,b,c," because that is how they CHOOSE to deal with things. Ayumi is still VERY young and may change, a lot. In fact I expect her to change because of the crap Conan puts her and the rest of the DBoys through. I'm quite frankly surprised they all don't need therapy at this point (granted Ai probably needs it more than anyone considering what she has been through).

But my point was and is that Ai reacted in the way that suited HER and not Ayumi. It doesn't mean anything more than that. Ayumi chose NOT to react. One can surmise that it was probably in fear of how Conan would react in return, which shows her own immaturity because she has no conviction in her actions or confidence in the object of her affection as she probably fears retaliating would hurt how he views her.

That really didn't strike me as that kind of look. I really don't think Ai of all people would reveal when she is actually pissed, same way she doesn't show when she is sad or worried. The emotions have to be extremely strong for her to show any emotion. That to me is more of a mischievous look more than anything. And mischievous can be playful (and often is).

And there is no relevance because an 8 year old will not react the same way as an adult in that situation. It just doesn't happen. Which is why I brought it up. You cannot compare how any TWO people will react to a given situation, let alone an 8 year old and an 18 year old who has more life experience than some 30 year olds. The point of bringing that up is that you brought up that Ayumi would not have reacted in the same way and therefore cares more. She could not react in the same way as their ages and life experiences are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, it is a pointless line of argument. Ayumi will NEVER react the same way to a given situation as Ai, and she will never show affection the same way as Ai either. They are two completely different characters, with different motivations, different experiences, different backgrounds, hell the only thing about them that is similar is their gender. You cannot use "Oh well Ayumi cares more for Conan because she reacted in x,y,z way and Haibara reacted in a,b,c," because that is how they CHOOSE to deal with things. Ayumi is still VERY young and may change, a lot. In fact I expect her to change because of the crap Conan puts her and the rest of the DBoys through. I'm quite frankly surprised they all don't need therapy at this point (granted Ai probably needs it more than anyone considering what she has been through).

But my point was and is that Ai reacted in the way that suited HER and not Ayumi. It doesn't mean anything more than that. Ayumi chose NOT to react. One can surmise that it was probably in fear of how Conan would react in return, which shows her own immaturity because she has no conviction in her actions or confidence in the object of her affection as she probably fears retaliating would hurt how he views her.

Ai does show when she gets pissed, though. XD Yes, like in Traces Of Ayumi (or the chapter before it). She gets worried and it defanitly shows. But she gets pissed a couple of times. Genta or Conan have either done something stupid or it's something close to her. In this case, Conan did something stupid. XD To me, that is a death glare that says "You wanna screw with me now, beetch?" (yes, I purposely spelled that incorrectly. XD) That look seems to be way more evil than by any means playful to me. XD

*Nods* Yes, but keep in mind that earlier Haibara and Ayumi replied in a very similar way to Conan seeing them, although Haibara was more pissed and Ayumi was more so embarrassed (don't argue that she wasn't pissed, she had the anime veins popping out of her head XD). If you like a boy then you wouldn't really be pissed. You'd be more embarrassed than pissed and probably not do what Haibara did. That was my point. XD

And if you don't care how the boy looks at you and views you then you really don't have those kinds of feelings for him. When you love somebody you're supposed to let them see the ugly side of you others don't, like how you look in the morning, how you act when you're mad or sad or when you're just a wreck, but to do something like that may make him upset and less attracted (unless of course, he's into that kind of thing... XD). It's not immature to fear that you'll upset the person you love. That means you care how they feel and don't want to do something (unless you're already in a committed relationship and KNOW something like that won't upset him) to upset them. Haibara and Conan are not in a committed relationship, if she liked him she probably wouldn't have done what she did. That was my main point. ^^'

Ai does show when she gets pissed, though. XD Yes, like in Traces Of Ayumi (or the chapter before it). She gets worried and it defanitly shows. But she gets pissed a couple of times. Genta or Conan have either done something stupid or it's something close to her. In this case, Conan did something stupid. XD To me, that is a death glare that says "You wanna screw with me now, beetch?" (yes, I purposely spelled that incorrectly. XD) That look seems to be way more evil than by any means playful to me. XD

*Nods* Yes, but keep in mind that earlier Haibara and Ayumi replied in a very similar way to Conan seeing them, although Haibara was more pissed and Ayumi was more so embarrassed (don't argue that she wasn't pissed, she had the anime veins popping out of her head XD). If you like a boy then you wouldn't really be pissed. You'd be more embarrassed than pissed and probably not do what Haibara did. That was my point. XD

And if you don't care how the boy looks at you and views you then you really don't have those kinds of feelings for him. When you love somebody you're supposed to let them see the ugly side of you others don't, like how you look in the morning, how you act when you're mad or sad or when you're just a wreck, but to do something like that may make him upset and less attracted (unless of course, he's into that kind of thing... XD). It's not immature to fear that you'll upset the person you love. That means you care how they feel and don't want to do something (unless you're already in a committed relationship and KNOW something like that won't upset him) to upset them. Haibara and Conan are not in a committed relationship, if she liked him she probably wouldn't have done what she did. That was my main point. ^^'

You have a point!The playful is Mischievous.If you're right about it.If you say not punishment him.I'm say Conan need punishiment this time.Conan said "I see haibana naked." If he said nothing about it. She will do nothing .Ai know Conan!It's glore not work on him very many time.Mischievous is a evil playful.

if she liked him she probably wouldn't have done what she did. That was my main point. ^^'

Will be brief... My point was that you don't know that. You do not have the mind of every woman, and you cannot predict how every woman would react, especially not a fictional character. Whether or not Haibara would do that to someone she cares about is unknown. Being in a committed relationship or not does not mean she could not have reacted in that manner especially since good friends do that stuff to each other all the bloody time, and you cannot call that a committed relationship. It is how she chose to deal with it, end of story. It is not a measure of how much she does or does not care for him.

Will be brief... My point was that you don't know that. You do not have the mind of every woman, and you cannot predict how every woman would react, especially not a fictional character. Whether or not Haibara would do that to someone she cares about is unknown. Being in a committed relationship or not does not mean she could not have reacted in that manner especially since good friends do that stuff to each other all the bloody time, and you cannot call that a committed relationship. It is how she chose to deal with it, end of story. It is not a measure of how much she does or does not care for him.

If you love somebody, the last thing you would want to do is hurt them. That's kind of... a rule. XD If you feel a need to hurt them then it's probably not a good thing. XD

Haibara is a stoic character.

It would be VERY easy to predict exactly how it is she would show him affection or treat him. For example, if she liked him she would have probably just kept silent until he brought it up because she was acting funny. It is not really unknown if there are millions upon billions of anime characters that act exactly like her and don't react that way when the boy they like walks in on them or something to the color of that. Okay, yes, good friend may do that as well, but only when they've known each other for years at a time... HOW long has Ai known him again? XD

And what do you mean you cannot call that a committed relationship? JEEZ dude, watch Whitney sometime! XD

And if she liked him she WOULDN'T have chosen to react that way. She WANTED to humiliate him and make him feel what she and Ayumi felt. You don't DO something like that to somebody you have feelings for. Period. XD

If you love somebody, the last thing you would want to do is hurt them. That's kind of... a rule. XD If you feel a need to hurt them then it's probably not a good thing. XD

Haibara is a stoic character.

It would be VERY easy to predict exactly how it is she would show him affection or treat him. For example, if she liked him she would have probably just kept silent until he brought it up because she was acting funny. It is not really unknown if there are millions upon billions of anime characters that act exactly like her and don't react that way when the boy they like walks in on them or something to the color of that. Okay, yes, good friend may do that as well, but only when they've known each other for years at a time... HOW long has Ai known him again? XD

And what do you mean you cannot call that a committed relationship? JEEZ dude, watch Whitney sometime! XD

And if she liked him she WOULDN'T have chosen to react that way. She WANTED to humiliate him and make him feel what she and Ayumi felt. You don't DO something like that to somebody you have feelings for. Period. XD

That is YOUR opinion. You're opinion on relationships is not law. End of story. Nothing you say, believe or feel, can dictate how another person feels or believes. Just because someone might have a conflicting belief or way of showing affection does not mean it is any less valid. There ARE people who show affection by causing pain. They are called SADISTS (wow there is ACTUALLY A WORD FOR IT), granted they are usually coupled with a masochist, but hey! THEY EXIST. Those who derive pleasure from the giving and receiving of pain and humiliation, in an endearing and healthy relationship. Your word and views are not law. The world is a big place and there are countless ways to show affection, and despite your belief, causing pain and humiliation is indeed one of them.

Also, Haibara's personality type is not the issue here, nor does it have anything to do with the issue at hand. Being stoic has nothing to do with how one acts in a relationship, only with how they deal with emotions (and Haibara doesn't even FIT entirely into that category, she is not DEVOID of those emotions she CHOOSES not to show them, she isn't indifferent, and she allows herself to feel emotions at certain times, which CONFLICTS with the philosophy of stoicism)

And friendship is a choice, and friends come and go all the time. The span of time in which Haibara has known Conan is NOT enough time to consider their friendship committed. Neither is Ayumi for that matter. At this stage, I'd hesitate to say whether any of the three have any real feelings of interest between each other outside of INFATUATION. (They have all known each other for LESS than a year). As much as I shipped the pairing of ShinShi, I'm really getting tired of those debates, hence I stopped participating. I'm letting Gosho tell it (though he seems to be failing at that too since he cannot even complete the damned emotional arc of the characters after the London Case).

PS: I'm not saying that Haibara is a sadist, I'm just stating that there are many ways to show affection and that happens to be one of them.

PS #2: No matter what is posted after me I'm not posting again. This is going no where fast and I don't want to waste any more time on another pointless debate. I have more important things to attend to than a debate on relationships, and their implications in a fictional world.

That is YOUR opinion. You're opinion on relationships is not law. End of story. Nothing you say, believe or feel, can dictate how another person feels or believes. Just because someone might have a conflicting belief or way of showing affection does not mean it is any less valid. There ARE people who show affection by causing pain. They are called SADISTS (wow there is ACTUALLY A WORD FOR IT), granted they are usually coupled with a masochist, but hey! THEY EXIST. Those who derive pleasure from the giving and receiving of pain and humiliation, in an endearing and healthy relationship. Your word and views are not law. The world is a big place and there are countless ways to show affection, and despite your belief, causing pain and humiliation is indeed one of them.

Also, Haibara's personality type is not the issue here, nor does it have anything to do with the issue at hand. Being stoic has nothing to do with how one acts in a relationship, only with how they deal with emotions (and Haibara doesn't even FIT entirely into that category, she is not DEVOID of those emotions she CHOOSES not to show them, she isn't indifferent, and she allows herself to feel emotions at certain times, which CONFLICTS with the philosophy of stoicism)

And friendship is a choice, and friends come and go all the time. The span of time in which Haibara has known Conan is NOT enough time to consider their friendship committed. Neither is Ayumi for that matter. At this stage, I'd hesitate to say whether any of the three have any real feelings of interest between each other outside of INFATUATION. (They have all known each other for LESS than a year). As much as I shipped the pairing of ShinShi, I'm really getting tired of those debates, hence I stopped participating. I'm letting Gosho tell it (though he seems to be failing at that too since he cannot even complete the damned emotional arc of the characters after the London Case).

Name ONE good relationship where one wishes harm on the other. (And the other doesn't comply with the idea..) If you can't think of any, I'm not surprised. Usually those kinds of relationships end up with a restraining order, somebody in jail, or... worse... (And I doubt Haibara would hesitate to put a bullet through Conan's head sometimes LOL XD). Conan OBVIOUSLY didn't like the idea or enjoy it, and Haibara was gathering joy from THAT. NOT... a healthy... RELATIONSHIP. XD Which is why to me it says that she doesn't have feelings for him. If you care about them you care about how they feel about things and if she enjoyed his discomfort and humiliation... I don't think she has feelings for him.

Yes, it does. If there are millions of character written the exact same way as her (witty, dark past, trust issues, etc...) and Gosho isn't the best at making her step outside that line, then I think it's safe to assume Haibara would react to liking a boy the same way the rest do.

Okay, so friends come and go. But you just don't do that to a boy you have romantic feelings towards. If you want to do something like that, if not to be kinky, then you need help... HELP! DX lol

We can at least say Ayumi has a crush on Conan, considering that she kisses him on the cheek, calls him her hero, and has said "That's why I love you, Conan-kun!" before. Haibara I don't think anybody has any REAL evidence of her liking him or being interested, and Conan... well he's an idiot stuck where he's at. :P

I agree he ruined it. ._. There was really no reason for Ran to cry... at all. And then everything was just so... WRONG. *Cringes* GAH! That's why I can't support that couple. It's just... not right, man. It's NOT. RIGHT! DX

m048.gifUhmm....... sorry to butt in. on the very interesting argument you guys are making.

but i was wondering......m122.gif when were you guy's gonna finish.....coz this thread is kind a " Conan x Ai " and you guy's are just arguing ......so.......

But i guess if you guy's wanna continue then. i have no right to stop you guy's..... m025.gif (JUST MY OPINION...PLEASE DON'T HURT ME COZ I INTERRUPTED) m003.gif

m048.gifUhmm....... sorry to butt in. on the very interesting argument you guys are making.

but i was wondering......m122.gif when were you guy's gonna finish.....coz this thread is kind a " Conan x Ai " and you guy's are just arguing ......so.......

But i guess if you guy's wanna continue then. i have no right to stop you guy's..... m025.gif (JUST MY OPINION...PLEASE DON'T HURT ME COZ I INTERRUPTED) m003.gif

And we're arguing ABOUT AiCon. XD That means we're on topic. :)

And we're arguing ABOUT AiCon. XD That means we're on topic. :)

I know I said I wouldn't post anymore, but I'd like to mention that technically you were arguing about AiCon, I was arguing about your argument, which happened to be about AiCon... So I was only on topic by association ^_^;

Also, I'm done, so... yeah, I don't know what the point of aico's post was. It actually was more off topic than any of our posts, because we were basically arguing how people like Ai and Ayumi would show affection, and how that would mean for how they treat Conan/Shinichi.

I know I said I wouldn't post anymore, but I'd like to mention that technically you were arguing about AiCon, I was arguing about your argument, which happened to be about AiCon... So I was only on topic by association ^_^;

Ohhhh details details. XD

My Fault!I make it!Think you! Kyuu!IHFK is strong female if you're smart and not agrue with her and me too.Conan are a Heart of champion and very loyal.Ai are playful and michief.

I'm pissed that the AyumiXConan thread is much longer than this awesom pairing thread! B) I LOVE CONAI SO MUCH THAT I'M GONNA SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOF IF I HAVE TOO~~~~~ :P

Come on! You can't deny that their chemistry is much higher and better than ShinRan or AyuCon or whatevr other pairings you stuck Shinichi/Conan with! ShinRan moments are just plain mushy <_< while AyuCon moments are less mushy but childish and not as great as AiCon moments. :P I totally ship this pairing! :D They ROCK!

I remember writing a ShinRan fanfic. It was so much headache as they are not anything like a real couple! <_< It really gives me headache to actually just see this pairing moments. The moments are too innocent and that kind of innocence only belong in lalaland and don't exist in the real life. ;)

AyuCon pairing moments are just.... :mellow::blink:<_< I dunno. can't explain it cos I don't feel anything when I see them. It just seem like normal friend-friend interaction and I can't agree with anything that IHKF like to say about AyuCon. It's just so weird and I never come across such weirdness before. :P Of course, DC is the only manga and anime that I know off that has the main character as two ages and hence he has so many suitors, all from different ages. :lol:

But I still love AiCon. Their moments are still the best. It's realistic and it's build on what a relationship needs most- trust, friendship and a mutual respect and understanding. I think they have more of this than any of the other Shinichi/Conan pairings that I have heard off( that includes AL's ShinichiXKazuha pairin <_<). They are really suited for each other and I have no idea why so many people (points at IHKF) is so against AiCon! <_<

So AiCon FTW! :D

• Upvote 2

I'm pissed that the AyumiXConan thread is much longer than this awesom pairing thread! B) I LOVE CONAI SO MUCH THAT I'M GONNA SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOF IF I HAVE TOO~~~~~ :P

Come on! You can't deny that their chemistry is much higher and better than ShinRan or AyuCon or whatevr other pairings you stuck Shinichi/Conan with! ShinRan moments are just plain mushy <_< while AyuCon moments are less mushy but childish and not as great as AiCon moments. :P I totally ship this pairing! :D They ROCK!

I remember writing a ShinRan fanfic. It was so much headache as they are not anything like a real couple! <_< It really gives me headache to actually just see this pairing moments. The moments are too innocent and that kind of innocence only belong in lalaland and don't exist in the real life. ;)

AyuCon pairing moments are just.... :mellow::blink:<_< I dunno. can't explain it cos I don't feel anything when I see them. It just seem like normal friend-friend interaction and I can't agree with anything that IHKF like to say about AyuCon. It's just so weird and I never come across such weirdness before. :P Of course, DC is the only manga and anime that I know off that has the main character as two ages and hence he has so many suitors, all from different ages. :lol:

But I still love AiCon. Their moments are still the best. It's realistic and it's build on what a relationship needs most- trust, friendship and a mutual respect and understanding. I think they have more of this than any of the other Shinichi/Conan pairings that I have heard off( that includes AL's ShinichiXKazuha pairin <_<). They are really suited for each other and I have no idea why so many people (points at IHKF) is so against AiCon! <_<

So AiCon FTW! :D

It's longer because there's more to talk about. :P

Their chemistry? I... don't think so. XD Ai and Conan don't have anything in common besides being shrunk and soccer. And both of those are shallow similarities. They don't connect on a deeper level.

Weirdness? I can guarantee that if Ran and Haibara didn't exist everybody would say that AyuCon was canon. If you look at how many times he's grabbed her shoulders and held her hand and all of that, and completely forgot Haibara and Ran existed for a moment, you'd see them in a completely different light. I'm sure. :)

Realistic? AiCon? XD And Miss Mary Mack wasn't all dressed in black. xD lol In reality I seriously doubt that anybody would trust Haibara so quickly, and I doubt that Haibara would show her weaknesses to him so soon. And it may sound romantic, but it's not. That's just bad writing. xD

And they don't understand each other. xD I don't see why so many of you think Haibara has some sort of "understanding" of Conan that Ran and Ayumi don't have- if anything she's the farthest from understanding him. SHe questions half of the things he does. She understands why he does them, but she doesn't fully grasp what it really is that makes him the hero that he is. Ran and Ayumi can connect themselves a little closer than that because they WEREN'T raised in the environment Haibara was in. They didn't have to live by the rule "Fend for yourself and nobody else". (Her sister was an exception, yes, but Ayumi and Ran can understand the things he does like risking his life to save a total stranger.)

I'm so against it because Haibara doesn't need a boy who will back-sass her and just confuse her and argue with her and be against her on pretty much anything. And he doesn't need a woman like her being sarcastic about his choices or somebody he can't talk to about his day without boring her out of her mind. She needs somebody who will be sweet, delicate, yet be able to stand up to her and keep her soft when her darker side comes out. He needs a girl who can stand her own against him but still be gentle with him and be right there with him when he solves a case because she wants to solve it, too.

THAT is why I'm so against the pairing.

ok then, my ten are

1: ConAi is a more mature couple

2: they have more in common

3: they look better together

4: Ai is able to help Conan, Ran only becomes a burden

5: Ai can take care of herself, and doesn't need constant protection, while ran freaks about little things and is always hiding behind conan's back

6: The two share a closer relationship

7: Even tho ran and shinichi known each other longer, Ai knows and understands conan better

8: Even if Conan was to get in a dangerous situation, she believes that he will be able to get out of it, and is able to offer intellectual help when needed

9: Shinichi and Ran's personalities clash, while Ai and Conan's fit more together in the whole scheme of things.

10: No matter how much ran may like shinichi, the only one he can really depend on as conan are those who know who he is, and the only one possible as a match for him, for then and the future, knowing who he was as conan and as shinichi, would be Ai

11: Dude, admit it, they are just right for each other, the girly personality of ran does not suit Shinichi's, even tho the damsel and the knight are often used... i don't see it working out that well in this case... i just don't know how too....

well that's all my opinion

ADD-ONs:

12. Ai never really forces Conan. She always gives him choices. But Ran, she forces Conan and even her dad(how rude) to go to the museum.(Shuuichi Akai)

13. This is somewhat modeled after sherlock holmes, and in sherlock holmes isnt the only woman that holmes is truly in love with is the only woman that could possibly outsmart him? and haven't we seen that Ai has given Conan hints when he is stuck and can't figure things out? (tacticalwolf)

Let me try and counter that:

1: If you're trying to say that Shinichi is Ran's boy toy, then you didn't even look at this show

2: Opposites attract

3: They look better together

4: Ran can give emotional support while Ai is not much needed since Conan solve cases all by himself

5: If Ran payed every person she knocked out's medical bills, Sonoko would have to pay for her and that'd still not be enough

6: Shinichi and Ran have been friend since childhood

7: The fact that they can understand each other means that they aren't any emotional feelings between them to get in their way of deductions

8: Haibara mostly rejects Conan taking big risks and always doubts if he can return safely and he doesn't need intelectual help

9: Like I said, opposites attract. That's what makes it good

10: The one he can really depend on is someone whom he knows will never betray him and always stay faithful to him. He knows that Ran is this one person

11:Dude, admit it. Conan feels guilty about letting Akemi die and doesn't want her death to be for nothing. That's all there is, nothing more

That's MY oppinion

ADD-ONs:

12: If it's true that Ran forces Conan, then she'd force him to stay home when it's late. I'd say she gives him too much freedom for a 1st grader. Also, Haibara always oppose when Conan goes after the BO. She only supports him if it's the best possible option

13: Irene Adler only appeared once for a short while. She's already married to this other guy. Also, she never outwitted him, all she did was see through his disguise, and that was because she was an actress herself. Holmes admits defeat only because she purposely let him have what he wanted which was nothing but a letter. He was never even in love with her (I think)

ok then, my ten are

1: ConAi is a more mature couple

2: they have more in common

3: they look better together

4: Ai is able to help Conan, Ran only becomes a burden

5: Ai can take care of herself, and doesn't need constant protection, while ran freaks about little things and is always hiding behind conan's back

6: The two share a closer relationship

7: Even tho ran and shinichi known each other longer, Ai knows and understands conan better

8: Even if Conan was to get in a dangerous situation, she believes that he will be able to get out of it, and is able to offer intellectual help when needed

9: Shinichi and Ran's personalities clash, while Ai and Conan's fit more together in the whole scheme of things.

10: No matter how much ran may like shinichi, the only one he can really depend on as conan are those who know who he is, and the only one possible as a match for him, for then and the future, knowing who he was as conan and as shinichi, would be Ai

11: Dude, admit it, they are just right for each other, the girly personality of ran does not suit Shinichi's, even tho the damsel and the knight are often used... i don't see it working out that well in this case... i just don't know how too....

well that's all my opinion

ADD-ONs:

12. Ai never really forces Conan. She always gives him choices. But Ran, she forces Conan and even her dad(how rude) to go to the museum.(Shuuichi Akai)

13. This is somewhat modeled after sherlock holmes, and in sherlock holmes isnt the only woman that holmes is truly in love with is the only woman that could possibly outsmart him? and haven't we seen that Ai has given Conan hints when he is stuck and can't figure things out? (tacticalwolf)

Let me try and counter that:

1: If you're trying to say that Shinichi is Ran's boy toy, then you didn't even look at this show

2: Opposites attract

3: They look better together

4: Ran can give emotional support while Ai is not much needed since Conan solve cases all by himself

5: If Ran payed every person she knocked out's medical bills, Sonoko would have to pay for her and that'd still not be enough

6: Shinichi and Ran have been friend since childhood

7: The fact that they can understand each other means that they aren't any emotional feelings between them to get in their way of deductions

8: Haibara mostly rejects Conan taking big risks and always doubts if he can return safely and he doesn't need intelectual help

9: Like I said, opposites attract. That's what makes it good

10: The one he can really depend on is someone whom he knows will never betray him and always stay faithful to him. He knows that Ran is this one person

11:Dude, admit it. Conan feels guilty about letting Akemi die and doesn't want her death to be for nothing. That's all there is, nothing more

That's MY oppinion

ADD-ONs:

12: If it's true that Ran forces Conan, then she'd force him to stay home when it's late. I'd say she gives him too much freedom for a 1st grader. Also, Haibara always oppose when Conan goes after the BO. She only supports him if it's the best possible option

13: Irene Adler only appeared once for a short while. She's already married to this other guy. Also, she never outwitted him, all she did was see through his disguise, and that was because she was an actress herself. Holmes admits defeat only because she purposely let him have what he wanted which was nothing but a letter. He was never even in love with her (I think)

My turn to counter that. :P

1.What Kiel was trying to say was that they are more realistic, with a mutual understanding between them. They are more like your parents if you look closely. :P Ran and Shinichi are like two bickering teens whose relationship will never last long.<_< And don't say that they ARE teens; I was talking about their relationship that teens have that will never work out as it's based on their concept of love which is actually lust or infatuation. ConAi has a more stable relationship, with their mutual respect and understanding. ;)

2.A common mistake. :mellow: Opposites fight often and maybe some people get closer when they fight but nowadays, people have low tolerence levels so they tend to break up after a fight. Ran and Shinichi fight everytime because of the lies that needed to be told. So sooner or later, one of them will break and that equals to no relatiopnship.

3.No comment as that was exactly what Kiel say. Elaborate more please. :)

4.Ai is able to help Conan mentally which is more important than physical well-being. The stress he's handling should kill him or make him bald already. :P And Ai, as she understands his situation, can help but not trying to add to the burden and being there when he needs advice for only what they both would experience. Ran don't know the situation he's in so he needs to deal with her crying and whining and whatever as she thinks that he is still the same Shinichi that she knew in high school.

5.Ai don't need anyone to tell her what to do or what to say to protect herself. The mind is a greater source of power and Ran is just good in her kicking and punching. <_< Let's say they are faced with a really terrible, mental situation. Ran will cry and call for help while Ai would be cool and collected. Hence, Ai can protect herself more than Ran as I believe that emotional well-being is more important than physical. :P

6.Only friends and nothing more. They think that the close friendship they feel is love but it's not.

7.She understands his situation right now and that is the most important thing. Who would he turn to if he has stress about his situation? Heiji? He won't understand. Agasa? he won't understand either. So the only one is Ai.

8.You can never be too careful. What if he slipped and fell? A lot of accidents can happen so that's why she always object to him running into difficult situation. And he's not always gonna be so wonderful. He'll slip up sooner or later and that is when he'll need her help.

9.My answer to 2. Opposites now repel. Humans don't follow the rules of magnetism anymore. :lol:

10. Conan must depend on Ai when it's BO related and that is the most pressing matter in the entire DC. So Ai is still the one he needs to depend on.

11.Guilty conscience but it can amount to something more! :P

That's MY opinion to back up Kiel's. :twisted:

12. Ran is the weidest person of all times. She only allows him to do what he wants when she is suspecting that he is Shinichi but everytime that suspicion is gone, she'll treat him like any child. Meaning forceful. Conan sometimes manage to run off though. And Ai only oppose but she never tie him up to the chair or anything. :P Ran is really forceful, using her inhuman strength to scare the two guys under her care to do what she wants. She's a tyrant. :twisted: Ai only opposes but she never use any of her super science to scare him right? :P

13.SH respects Irene Adler and respect is the most important aspect when it comes to a relationship. I'm not sure if he loves her though. DC is modelled a little after SH so DC might not be exactly like SH. That means Ai and Conan have a chance! :lol:

Okay, I use these points to defend ConAi! :D ValleyofFear, beat this! :twisted: