Detective Conan World
Rye

When will Heiji finally meet Kid face to face?

Don't you think it's odd that Heiji and Kaitou Kid never actually met each other? When will they actually meet?

Heiji met Haibara during the high school festival, doesn't he? Actually they pretty know each other so ...

Heiji never meer Kaito because we don't read/watch Detective Heiji story but Detective Conan. Heiji isn't the main character.

Plus, Heiji lives in Osaka which is very far from Tokyo. And the Kid lives in Tokyo and makes his robberies there and not in Osaka.

Maybe there not any big jewels in Osaka. Or they have met but we don't know it because it's not important.

Wasn't there that one case in the 3rd movie? mellow.gif

I think Gosho has said Kid will never be involved in the plot. I hope he sticks to that.

Kid deserves a chunk in the finale...icon_e_biggrin.gif.

Actually, now that I think about it, there's been a few times. They weren't quite face to face though. In OVA 6, Conan and Heiji worked together against Kid. Also, in Movie 10, Kid disguised as Hakuba and they had met. Heiji didn't realize it though. There are other times, I just can't remember... Help?

Do you consider the movies and OAV as the main plot?

In truth, movies and OVAs are technically non-canon. They are not part of the original plot.

Actually, now that I think about it, there's been a few times. They weren't quite face to face though. In OVA 6, Conan and Heiji worked together against Kid. Also, in Movie 10, Kid disguised as Hakuba and they had met. Heiji didn't realize it though. There are other times, I just can't remember... Help?

Those are non-canonical moments. In a way, they "don't count".

I think Gosho has said Kid will never be involved in the plot. I hope he sticks to that.

I sure hope Kid is part of the main plot :mellow:

Heiji should eventually meet the kid in my opinion...maybe in the finale :grin:

I hope he's not because it's a different universe. Kid being part of the main plot would probably be nothing else but fan-service. :unsure:

You got a point, but that didn't stop other universes crossing over to DC.

Why?

because Kids is the hero of his other manga and Conan is the hero of DC. He always said (in interviews) Kid appeared in the DC story as a guest and nothing else but he never involved him until now. And Kid has his own story. That would be weird if Kid suddenly took part in the main plot during the final stage of the story.

While I don't want Kid to get involved with the DC storyline a la Pandora and versus the Black org, I don't mind if he is involved other ways tangentially. I thought it was a nice development that Toichi taught Sharon aka. Vermouth and Yukiko disguise techniques.

I also wouldn't want Kaito Kid to be friends with Conan/Shinichi. We lost Heiji as a rival soon after the first case he was in. Hakuba has worked as a rival to Conan/Shinichi so far, but he rarely shows up. Kaito Kid is one of the few remaining true rivals for Conan. I just wish his cases were better...

I thought it was a nice development that Toichi taught Sharon aka. Vermouth and Yukiko disguise techniques.

I agree but this is just a detail. That doesn't mean we'll heard more about Toichi in the main plot of DC later.

I also wouldn't want Kaito Kid to be friends with Conan/Shinichi.

I absolutely agree.

We lost Heiji as a rival soon after the first case he was in.

I know what you mean but Heiji is a kind of typical shonen character: the friend rival. In every shonen manga you have a kind a rival/opponent who become a very close friend to the hero after a short "fight". This is the same with Heiji. And Gosho didn't change his role. Heiji became exactly what he was created to be. A friend Shinichi can talk about his problems with.

Kaito Kid is one of the few remaining true rivals for Conan. I just wish his cases were better...

I would like DC's Kid character to be more developped. I think he's too ... empty. T_T

I don't understand why people love him so much in DC. But There is no accounting for taste isn't it? ^^