Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

OMM Assimofirst might be more mysterious than the BO

Nope, he's the Shadowed Criminal. Even more inconspicuous than the BO IMO.

Haha, I'm imagining what he (she?) would be thinking when they read this.

What's with the New Year no-hype?

The announcers. They aren't helping at all. They literally made a Twitter poll to see if Kim should kiss Bob or not. It's terrible.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Gosh, I'm late.

OMM: Discovered that there's an anime movie adaptation of the Magic Tree House books.  I'm going to spend the beginning of the new year watching it; sleep can go to hell (sorry sleep, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, honest).

Jack_and_Annie.jpg

Time for a nostalgia trip!!  Let's go!!!

OMM: Discovered that there's an anime movie adaptation of the Magic Tree House books.  I'm going to spend the beginning of the new year watching it; sleep can go to hell (sorry sleep, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, honest).

Jack_and_Annie.jpg

Sleep will never forgive you! :P

On My Mind: I ain't amused. :V

Jack_and_Annie.jpg

02d.gif

brb, reliving my childhood

rip sleep

02d.gif

brb, reliving my childhood

rip sleep

Just finished watching it.  It was a cute movie that loosely adapted books 1, 2, 4, and 13 from the Magic Tree House series and was targeted toward kids.  The animation was good enough, though a lot of the aspects felt dumbed down.  Jack and Annie were more childish in this rendition, and there were a few too many anime original scenes that take place outside the tree house and aren't executed that well.  It was bizarre seeing suburban America in an anime though.  Stop signs made me do a double take.  Ah well, didn't really expect too much and it's not like I remember the books at all.  Mouse Morgan was cute though. 

On a separate note though, the 48th Magic Tree House book, A Perfect Time for Pandas, has them go back to China during the Great Sichuan Earthquake of 2008.  That can't even be considered history or myth really.  That was practically yesterday.  This one book is ruining my head cannon.  Do Jack and Annie age?  Has my childhood been ruined?  Why am I up so late?  It's almost four in the morning.  Okay, yeah, I'm sleep deprived; going to sleep now before I embarrass myself further.

(Happy New Year everybody... wooho...) 

Just finished watching it.  It was a cute movie that loosely adapted books 1, 2, 4, and 13 from the Magic Tree House series and was targeted toward kids.  The animation was good enough, though a lot of the aspects felt dumbed down.  Jack and Annie were more childish in this rendition, and there were a few too many anime original scenes that take place outside the tree house and aren't executed that well.  It was bizarre seeing suburban America in an anime though.  Stop signs made me do a double take.  Ah well, didn't really expect too much and it's not like I remember the books at all.  Mouse Morgan was cute though. 

On a separate note though, the 48th Magic Tree House book, A Perfect Time for Pandas, has them go back to China during the Great Sichuan Earthquake of 2008.  That can't even be considered history or myth really.  That was practically yesterday.  This one book is ruining my head cannon.  Do Jack and Annie age?  Has my childhood been ruined?  Why am I up so late?  It's almost four in the morning.  Okay, yeah, I'm sleep deprived; going to sleep now before I embarrass myself further.

(Happy New Year everybody... wooho...) 

My internet is crappy so it took a while for the full movie to load.

I saw myself facepalming at a lot of scenes. To be honest, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more if I were younger. Annie and Jack were portrayed a lot more childishly that I would have imagined but they're just too so gosh darn cute for me to hate on them. Kinda reminds me of a Studio Ghibli film. I'm not too sure why they bothered including street signs in the movie since it doesn't really contribute much to the plot. It actually turned out to be somewhat distracting in my opinion. I haven't read the books in ages either so the plotline is all a blur to me. However, I did find myself thinking, "oh yeah, I remember this!" at a lot of points during the movie so it didn't turn out to be that big of a loss. It was actually a nice refresher.

7.8/10 too much nostalgia?

Oh geez, this again, haha. The Magic Treehouse series is probably following the same floating timeline that DC is following, but wow, it's nearing ~50 books already? Damn, I feel old. I stopped reading around the ~30ish mark which was still years ago. 

welp, time to go to bed.

thank goodness I'm still on break or else I don't know what I'd do if I had school tomorrow today.

woot, happy new yea--

tumblr_inline_mx3iyqoPnS1rtgjw4.gif