Detective Conan World
Satou San

Survey-Who is the best loveteam and childhood lovers?

Well, I like CONAI!!! :D:P

But I don't really mind the other pairings as well.

LOVE SatoXTakagi! :D They are so cute!!! :P

LOVE KaitoXAkako! :D

LOVE Shiratori X Kobayashi as well! :grin:

If I can't have CONAI...

I think MitsuhikoX Ai is fine as well!

Shinran isn't my fav but they're alright. Some of their interactions are nice but mushy... :blink:

AyumiXConan is definitely a cute couple as well. :P

But I still prefer ConanXAi. :D

They are!!!! Can't you see that they are both children and ARE friends and lovers???

They didn't grow up together- which is what makes the "Childhood" part of it and no, they are not lovers. If he kisses her and she responds accordingly THEN I'd CONSIDER it but neither have shown any signs of interest in each other at all- so no. They aren't childhood lovers. XD lol

They didn't grow up together- which is what makes the "Childhood" part of it and no, they are not lovers. If he kisses her and she responds accordingly THEN I'd CONSIDER it but neither have shown any signs of interest in each other at all- so no. They aren't childhood lovers. XD lol

They have been together for like 13? years!!!! (in real life time)

But more than .....say......20 seasons

But that doesn't make them childhood friends. If they GREW UP together and the series carried on through those 20 seasons over a span of years then they'd be childhood friends, but the series has stayed in a range of less than a year. not to mention if they grow up I'd guarantee that they wouldn't be looking at each other to be romantic partners either with how different their interests are. ^^' They'd probably go to a different college, maybe even a different high-school. (The OVA does not count. It is not canon.)

My problem with relationships on the series is that they go nowhere. Nothing happens with them. The Sato/Takagi relationship stays interesting because he's always trying to get closer to her; sometimes it works, sometimes it blows up in his face, but he's always trying. I also enjoyed it early on when there was the whole thing with Shiratori being interested in her as well. A love triangle, when done right, can make things more interesting. I absolutely do NOT want Conan to turn into a harem anime, but I would like to see a well developed love triangle that is more than just background. Some people might try to say that there is a triangle with Ran/Shinichi/Haibara or Ran/Conan/Ayumi or some other variation, but as long as Ran is unaware of Conan's identity, she can't recognize either Haibara or Ayumi as a romantic rival, and the rivalry is a key part of a love triangle. I have no problem with wanting every character squared away so they have someone that will make them happy in the end, but until that ending happens, the relationships need some turmoil to keep them fresh and interesting. That's my opinion at least.

Frankly I find love triangles need to die down unless they provide legit shake up.  Problem with them for the most part is that they:

1. Tend to end with the pairing that's already obvious and as such is more of a diversion that an actual, suspenseful turn.

2. Despite being used as a source of tension, they almost always end very clean with no lingering bits of hard feeling from the ones who lose.

And considering how the series is heavily clear with being Pro-Shinichi/Ran, I feel any triangles with them would only come off as cheap tension than strong and compelling drama.

48 minutes ago, Antiyonder said:

Frankly I find love triangles need to die down unless they provide legit shake up.  Problem with them for the most part is that they:

1. Tend to end with the pairing that's already obvious and as such is more of a diversion that an actual, suspenseful turn.

That's true, but until the end, if it was done right, it could provide a break in the stale "same old same old" that the Ran/Shinichi relationship has currently settled into.

2. Despite being used as a source of tension, they almost always end very clean with no lingering bits of hard feeling from the ones who lose.

I also agree on this point. Unless a damn good reason is developed in the course of the story, there should be some resentment. I believe Aoyama-sensei realizes this, however, and I believe he would have that happen if chpar to explore a love triangle in the series.

And considering how the series is heavily clear with being Pro-Shinichi/Ran, I feel any triangles with them would only come off as cheap tension than strong and compelling drama.

If it wasn't handled correctly, that would absolutely be the case. I fully believe that Aoyama-sensei has the storytelling ability to not fall into that trap, but the trouble is that he himself is so pro-Ran/Shinichi  that I seriously doubt he would ever introduce a serious love rival into the relationship. The most we'll ever get, I suspect, are characters like Ayumi or Araide who could, under different circumstances, be a viable match for one of the pair, but never will be seriously considered an option as the story is.