Detective Conan World
shikara

Is it hard to be Conan?

For me, I think it is. Especially when you badly want to tell the ones you love the truth about you shrinking, but couldn't, cos the ones who know the truth will tell you that you're only gonna put them in danger. @_@

I imagine that it's amazingly difficult. Hiding your identity, especially when you're trying to be a completely different person, is very difficult. After it got into a habit, it might've been easier, but letting things slip is a natural thing for people to do. Masks are hard to wear all the time, eventually they fall off. After all, there is only one truth, and in time, people uncover it.

Poker face isn't that easy to keep either. Who can remember day after day, week after week, month after month to keep a smile on and not let their emotions seep through? Believe me, I've tried, and I failed miserably. For a short period of time, you can keep a poker face on, like when I'm lying to my sister about cucumber being spelled with a Q, but after a while, it will slip off for brief periods of time.

I guess the part that would matter the most about poker face (sorry, wandering off here) would be the eyes. Your eyes are silent, but they can speak out in a different way. It's like when Ran made chocolate, the people were smiling but the eyes were obviously sad. That's one of the reasons why drawing eyes is so difficult. Eyes truly reveal your emotions, and only professionals can keep their eyes happy for a long period of time.

I wonder what Conan thinks about besides deductions, the Org, and Ran sometimes. Anybody have any idea?

I imagine that it's amazingly difficult. Hiding your identity, especially when you're trying to be a completely different person, is very difficult. After it got into a habit, it might've been easier, but letting things slip is a natural thing for people to do. Masks are hard to wear all the time, eventually they fall off. After all, there is only one truth, and in time, people uncover it.

Poker face isn't that easy to keep either. Who can remember day after day, week after week, month after month to keep a smile on and not let their emotions seep through? Believe me, I've tried, and I failed miserably. For a short period of time, you can keep a poker face on, like when I'm lying to my sister about cucumber being spelled with a Q, but after a while, it will slip off for brief periods of time.

I guess the part that would matter the most about poker face (sorry, wandering off here) would be the eyes. Your eyes are silent, but they can speak out in a different way. It's like when Ran made chocolate, the people were smiling but the eyes were obviously sad. That's one of the reasons why drawing eyes is so difficult. Eyes truly reveal your emotions, and only professionals can keep their eyes happy for a long period of time.

I wonder what Conan thinks about besides deductions, the Org, and Ran sometimes. Anybody have any idea?

Well said *poker face*

Yeah, it's true that being Conan is hard. Danger lurks everywhere, protect everyone while trying to hide his identity, his true self to (almost) everyone and his 'childhood friend'. Live as someone else is tough, especially when others awaiting for his return, the desire to get back to their side will turn into despair, sadness because it's something he can't do yet and waiting only make thing worse for him. I guess beside his joy in solving case, he must be very sad sometime.

Having said that, i find him doing ok right now, maybe he get used to it :rolleyes:

...I could never keep a Poker Face. I would crash in two seconds. :mellow: --> :smile: --> :D --> OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!

*smiles sadly*

And I, your fellow writer and DCW friend, keep a poker face all the time most of the time.

*smiles sadly*

And I, your fellow writer and DCW friend, keep a poker face all the time most of the time.

Don't go being Conan or Kaito or Ai or some other character who gets depressed and has a Poker Face on me!!

I see how old this post is, but anyways that doesn't matter;;

Being Conan will be frustrating..

He wants to say things but he can't.

I guess it's like that feeling when you can't speak(my dictionary says "dumb"... i don't know the exact word for it..)

About the Pokerface thing, I LOL'd when i read them.

But really, like IdentityUnknown said, it's nearly impossible. I've tried but it only lasted 3 minutes.(dam you America's Funniest video)

I see how old this post is, but anyways that doesn't matter;;

Being Conan will be frustrating..

He wants to say things but he can't.

I guess it's like that feeling when you can't speak(my dictionary says "dumb"... i don't know the exact word for it..)

About the Pokerface thing, I LOL'd when i read them.

But really, like IdentityUnknown said, it's nearly impossible. I've tried but it only lasted 3 minutes.(dam you America's Funniest video)

I've done it as well. I can keep it in front of my friends and family, but then it melts off when I get to my room...

Alright... Back to the MAIN topic. We always see Ran crying and looking depressed because Shinichi's gone. We USUALLY feel the emotion. What I'm getting at though, is how does CONAN feel?? I mean, he has to watch her cry, miss being a regular teenager, worrying about TONS of stuff, trying to hide his identity and hurting the one he loves most by doing so. He also lies to most people EVERY DAY.

How would that feel if it was you?

It will surely hurt. But hey, Shinichi loves Ran and the people around him so much that he's enduring all of these hardships and sacrificing his own happiness just to seek justice and to stop evil from reigning over the good.

At the first place, it's no secret that Shinichi knew how worse the Black Organization can get once they know people who could hinder their plans, that's why Conan is hiding his real identity so carefully. If Ran andthe people around him discovers his real identity and what's the real score, he knows that danger will be meeting these people face to face.

It's all about him enduring all the hardships and sacrificing his own happiness just to make goodness prevail.

I would try and keep a happy exterior, but on the inside, I would be sad and angry at myself. I would be making others depressed, and I could do practically nothing except try and be optimistic so they might be able to forget they're sad for at least a moment. But even though I might want to tell them, to stop lying and tell the truth, I would tell myself not to so they could stay safe. No matter how heavy the burden of lies, regret and sorrow is for me, I would never make someone else take on that burden too.

yes imagine talking 2 a bunch of first graders everyday

and have 2 act like them

On the contrary I think he's himself around the DB but has to act like a child around the adults now. XD

While being Conan has it's good moments, I think it's definitely something anyone could sustain.

Conan has to infiltrate the Black Organization, solve every case he encounters, protect everyone around him.

And while he has to manage all that in a child's body, he has to hide his real identity. And that's just a general view.