Detective Conan World
RukiaRanLightRay08

About Mouri Ran

She's definitely not my favorite character. I don't dislike her, but I don't find her to be a particularly interesting character either. I think at one point I'd say that I did really like Ran, and she definitely still has her moments, but this feeling started to wane following the Vermouth arc. I definitely am not singling out Ran either, as the same is true for other characters and the series as a whole.

I'm pretty mixed in general. I don't really like how her character development tends to be so tied to Shinichi, and it's a bit unfair that she really doesn't get to shine as much as she could. I don't think the series length in general has been kind to Ran either. I'm definitely looking forward to if/when she conducts her own investigation though. We've been overdue for another suspicion arc for quite some time.

She's definitely not my favorite character. I don't dislike her, but I don't find her to be a particularly interesting character either. I think at one point I'd say that I did really like Ran, and she definitely still has her moments, but this feeling started to wane following the Vermouth arc. I definitely am not singling out Ran either, as the same is true for other characters and the series as a whole.

I'm pretty mixed in general. I don't really like how her character development tends to be so tied to Shinichi, and it's a bit unfair that she really doesn't get to shine as much as she could. I don't think the series length in general has been kind to Ran either. I'm definitely looking forward to if/when she conducts her own investigation though. We've been overdue for another suspicion arc for quite some time.

Heliotropic, Well I'm not really sure what do you mean about Ran. Just for me I really like Ran she's been my inspiration for being strong and kindhearted.

You know for that is natural for Ran that she is really tied to Shinichi they are childhood friends! I'm sure you read about there story that how they first met! For me that was really interesting!

What do you mean of started to wane following vermouth arc?

Well me too I am looking forward too that she can do investigation like her mother.

But being strong can do karate that is one the most I like to Ran.

Well I hope there will be suspicion arc again.

I do remember the ova I watched about Conan had a dream he become shinichi then there the detective boys are already highschool he also still an highschool then he knew about Ran getting married. Then he found Ran to his house I was really cried that time I saw Ran cry that she is still waiting for Shinichi.

I don't know if like you can understand the feeling of waiting the feelings of Ran. For Conan sometimes that feeling is really troublesome. Troublesome indeed that sometimes can't really understand that feeling.

Well please don't dislike Ran she is awesome in heart and being strong.

Heliotropic, Well I'm not really sure what do you mean about Ran. Just for me I really like Ran she's been my inspiration for being strong and kindhearted.

You know for that is natural for Ran that she is really tied to Shinichi they are childhood friends! I'm sure you read about there story that how they first met! For me that was really interesting!

What do you mean of started to wane following vermouth arc?

Well me too I am looking forward too that she can do investigation like her mother.

But being strong can do karate that is one the most I like to Ran.

Well I hope there will be suspicion arc again.

I do remember the ova I watched about Conan had a dream he become shinichi then there the detective boys are already highschool he also still an highschool then he knew about Ran getting married. Then he found Ran to his house I was really cried that time I saw Ran cry that she is still waiting for Shinichi.

I don't know if like you can understand the feeling of waiting the feelings of Ran. For Conan sometimes that feeling is really troublesome. Troublesome indeed that sometimes can't really understand that feeling.

Well please don't dislike Ran she is awesome in heart and being strong.

I think you might have misunderstood what I was trying to say. I don't dislike Ran in any way, and I think she does have quite a few admirable qualities (her patience being one of them). As far as her connection to Shinichi is concerned, well, obviously they have a deep rooted history, and a very similar way of thinking, but I don't really like that much of her character development is dependent upon Shinichi. Gosho likes to use romance to develop characters, and sometimes I feel its because he doesn't know how to do it any other way, and I really don't care much for the romance in the series as a whole. It's just not my cup of tea (but that's not why I love Detective Conan in the first place).

Really the only thing left I see happening with her character development is during another suspicion arc or she'll reply to Shinichi's confession.

I found Ran to be a more interesting character around the conclusion of the Vermouth arc. I think the peak of the series was either 345 or sometime around the Desperate Revival arc. Personal preference I suppose, and I really like that Ran did her own investigations and we had that iconic scene with Ai, Ran, and Vermouth as a result.

People all have different opinions though, I'm just sharing mine.

I'm not sure why you are double posting every time you go to quote somebody?

By next year, her last suspicion arc (479–483/398–400) will become the halfway point of the manga, and already is the halfway point of the anime, right now.

For sure. There's quite a few "new" clues Ran has already, she just needs to piece it together. I wouldn't be surprised if the next one is the last, it should be after all this time. Of course, even if we're "overdue" I'd rather see Gosho wait and do it properly one final time rather than sit through another arc where Conan successfully fools Ran and we have to deal with the process all over again...

Heliotropic,

Well in your last msg I'm sorry that I double posting because I can't determine how you reply my post :D sorry dude! :D

Yeah I think so I misunderstood what you want trying to say :D sorry for that dude!

Well I like gosho how to do romance to develope characters also to have more strong bond between the two characters!

Yeah your right that people really have there own opinions.

By the way about Ran's parents what do you think of them? Ran is really determine that there parents will come back again together. But his father is really troublesome to cause her mother angry or jealous.

And well I think you do like mysteries in DC and I think most of all about BO?

Well me too I am curious about BO.

And I am looking forward about who really is Rum.

Again sorry dude about the double post :D

Heliotropic,

Well in your last msg I'm sorry that I double posting because I can't determine how you reply my post :D sorry dude! :D

Yeah I think so I misunderstood what you want trying to say :D sorry for that dude!

Well I like gosho how to do romance to develope characters also to have more strong bond between the two characters!

Yeah your right that people really have there own opinions.

By the way about Ran's parents what do you think of them? Ran is really determine that there parents will come back again together. But his father is really troublesome to cause her mother angry or jealous.

And well I think you do like mysteries in DC and I think most of all about BO?

Well me too I am curious about BO.

And I am looking forward about who really is Rum.

Again sorry dude about the double post :D

Kogoro is one of my favorite characters in the anime (not as much in the manga), and I loved his original voice actor. Don't have a strong opinion towards Eri. 

As far as the pairing? Stubborn beyond belief, but I think with how Gosho has shown that they still clearly love each other that they'll probably have a happy ending.

I imagine most characters will have their love stories resolved by the end of the series. Though I think some of the romances are a bit unnecessary and the whole childhood friendships has gotten a bit out of hand...

I think Ran suffers a bit more than some of the other characters simply because there are certain things that can't or likely won't be resolved until a conclusion is near. Shinichi and Ran's love story has always been rather slowly developed and I think that the resolution is considered to be a pivotal moment in the series for many, that and Ran finding out Conan is Shinichi. So for Ran specifically... nothing noteworthy has really happened since the London arc, and I suppose the question is when she'll reply to Shinichi (even if she deems it unnecessary). 

You don't need to apologize for anything  :P

Once you quote somebody, all you have to do is write your reply. Hitting the quote button should automatically start the process. You can preview your posts too in the "More Reply Options", so I'm not really sure what the problem is? Are you using a mobile device?

It's just frowned upon to double post, and you can edit, and quote multiple people in a single post.

Heliotropic, Yes, I am using mobile device now I just received an email about this topic that someone has an answer. Because my brother used our laptop so for now I am using my mobile device.

Me too I like kogorou I like most of kogorou is when he is serious about the case when he is really the one who solve the case. Then I observe when his love ones or friends is on the case he is about too serious and he is really the one who solve the case.

Well I hope that they will have the happy ending. Well sometimes love stories are really there if you describe so story there always some romance, action, drama etc. DC is where I discovered about childhood friends :D

For me that is really interesting.

Yes me too I observe that Ran really suffer most especialy about her family she really wants her parents come back together again. And for her that Shinichi is really important to her she really suffer about Shinichi being waiting (though he is always there as Conan) but for me you know that is so sad really so sad. I am affected sometimes :D well you think I am weird but you know I am a girl so a bit I understand Ran's feelings.

Well yeah sometimes Ran figure out about Conan's identity but you know she always deceived by Conan. I like those episodes when Ran always think that Conan is Shinichi. And she think why Shinichi confess about it.

Well I don't really know that about the London arc? I'm sorry but that is really a confession of Shinichi to Ran?

:D sorry Heliotropic can you please explain to me :D if its ok with you.

Yeah that's what I do but that is always happen it double your post. Well is ok I think :D I just write then name whom I reply.

Hi DCUniverseAficionado

I already watched about the London Arc long ago. Im sorry about that there is an error of what I mean to say. :D

I am in latests now in manga also in anime.

I am just suprise about the London arc that about Shinichi said to Ran is already an confession.

I'm really suprised to that.

And still Ran had no reply to that.

I guess Ran is more of the combatant hand-to-hand martial artist to improve the status of feminine rights, and I support it as well. Ran is one of the few women who would never cheat and that is an admirable trait, her temper is to be admired as well as she is more of hotheaded that Shinichi maybe to show how Shinichi is more of the cool headed type of guy. She is more of Watson to Shinichi's Sherlock, as she is also the Irene mixed with Watson to Shinichi's Sherlock. Ran is in my head the link for Shinichi to go beyond his own capabilities, he always do the impossible to her. therefore she is the main force behind Shinichi's sheer determination. When advised by Yuusaku, Conan said it was his case to face the BO rather than travel with him overboard but it was more important for him to stay because of Ran. And for our dear Gosho-sama Ran is not just the romantic interest to Shinichi but also the driving force to go on and fight the BO, and that is why I did put her on my favorite characters list. Because honestly speaking we would not have Shinichi the way he is without Ran..

• Upvote 2

I am just suprise about the London arc that about Shinichi said to Ran is already an confession.

And still Ran had no reply to that.

Remember—she unintentionally confessed to Shinichi during her first meeting with him as Conan (File 2/Episode 2). Her suspicions of Conan's true identity may be dormant now, but that's all they are—dormant—they're just beneath the surface, very much ready to emerge upon provocation.

Since her last suspicion story, and especially during the Bourbon arc, we've gotten signs that her suspicions are quite alive and present, albeit at a point where she's consciously unaware. In responding to Shinichi's confession—and another hint is her saying to Sonoko, when Sonoko asks if she confessed, herself, Ran replies with, "I don't know... do you think I should have?"—she'll have to face her suspicion that Shinichi has been lying to her. She tells Kazuha she doesn't want to reply because she feels that her world "will come crashing down."

I think her response may very well tie in to her next suspicion story, which may very well be the last one, considering its been 10+ years and two whole arcs since the last one.

DCUniverse,

Yes, I remember that I really never forget that moment.

Well I was thinking that for Conan/Shinichi he didn't have to

wait for Ran's reply because he already know the answer..

Well I am really looking forward to the next suspicion story..

And thanks DCUniverse for the response about this topic! :)

Shinan-kun,

Yes that is one the most I like to Ran :)

She really is strong in karate I remember the scene's

when she fight to the bad guys!

And she always protect the people around her

most especially the people important to her.

That's right she really improve that women can protect themselves

and can protect other people.

I really admire her because of that also.

I remember also that scene that Shinichi's father wants him to go to his father but Shinichi

wants to take the BO down by himself and he also remember Ran that

I think he doesn't to leave Ran.

That's right I also think about that also that Ran is

also his inspiration that he can do anything for the sake of justice :D

and he can do anything to protect Ran.

I admire there childhood friendship

I really like there story that I read the manga

how they met the very first time..

Thank you Shinan-kun for the reply to this post! :)

Well I was thinking that for Conan/Shinichi he didn't have to

wait for Ran's reply because he already know the answer..

Thing is, Conan doesn't have to wait for a reply—he already knows. Shinichi, on the other hand, does—he's not supposed to know about what Ran said about him.

The important takeaway is that she thinks a response isn't necessary—this means that her suspicion that Conan is Shinichi, and that he, as she realized during her first suspicion story (26–29/7), knows that she loves him, is exerting influence on her.

Shinan-kun,

Yes that is one the most I like to Ran :)

She really is strong in karate I remember the scene's

when she fight to the bad guys!

And she always protect the people around her

most especially the people important to her.

That's right she really improve that women can protect themselves

and can protect other people.

I really admire her because of that also.

I remember also that scene that Shinichi's father wants him to go to his father but Shinichi

wants to take the BO down by himself and he also remember Ran that

I think he doesn't to leave Ran.

That's right I also think about that also that Ran is

also his inspiration that he can do anything for the sake of justice :D

and he can do anything to protect Ran.

I admire there childhood friendship

I really like there story that I read the manga

how they met the very first time..

Thank you Shinan-kun for the reply to this post! :)

Sure, yet I'd like to comment that Ran may be sometimes a hold back.. although she is great and all, yet she may turn as a victim of an event and therefore leading Shinichi/Conan to rescue her.. 

Shinan-kun

Yes sometimes it happen Shinichi/Conan rescue Ran in some event that Ran is in danger.

I am really suprised and happy about the chapter of Ran Girl and Shinichi Boy.

The story is really interesting!

Ran was crying because of her name tag.

Shinan-kun

Yes sometimes it happen Shinichi/Conan rescue Ran in some event that Ran is in danger.

I am really suprised and happy about the chapter of Ran Girl and Shinichi Boy.

The story is really interesting!

Ran was crying because of her name tag.

I am not saying it is bad though, I do like it when Shinichi saves Ran.. and more so when they both take action in rescuing another person..

Ran is a great character and I wish Gosho would show more of her as a main character than just a side character. The best episodes are when we get to see Ran's personality (ex 400 when she hilariously tries to unlock conan's phone)

she is a lot of fun and I ship her and Shinichi so much <3333