Detective Conan World
Akazora

Opening 41 -- "Nazo" by La Pompon

LaPomPon.jpg

Rather late on this news, but it has been confirmed that La Pompon, an up-and-coming dancing and singing girl group consisting of six members, will be performing Detective Conan's 41st opening theme, "Nazo".  This will be a cover of Detective Conan's 3rd opening by the same name, originally sung by Miho Komatsu.  The six members from oldest to youngest are as follows: Misaki, Yukino, Rima, Hina, Kiri, and Karen.  The girls range from ages 14-18, and released their first two singles, BUMP! and HOT GIRLS, earlier this year.  Fun fact: the girls wear consistently color-coded clothing in order to be easily identifiable.  Misaki is purple, Yukino is green, Rima is blue, Hina is red, Kiri is yellow, and Karen is pink.  The opening will air on September 5th with episode 790 of Detective Conan and the full song will be released at a later date of September 16th.

Link to their YouTube channel.

Link to the original 3rd opening version of the song, for Tequila love and nostalgia overload.

• Upvote 2

They look like a very cute pop girl group. I watched them sing "Nazo" live, however, they didn't sound in sync much when they were singing some of the lyrics together. So, I'm guessing that they are a new group that just started recently.

However, it sounds okay, and has that modern feel to it. What I'm hoping for for opening 41 is that the opening will be exactly like opening 3, but with the modern art style and animation. I have a feeling that they are just going to re use scenes from past openings for this one since it's a cover, but we haven't gotten any one of those since the remastered episodes a few years back, so maybe not.

Thanks man, I don't really follow other DC fansites apart from this one, which is why I created this topic so late.  Didn't even know that Facebook page existed, haha.

Ahh, Tudou my old friend, we meet again.  Had to refresh the page five times, toggling on and off adblock every other time, before the video decided to fully load without giving me an error.

The live performance wasn't that bad.  Considering they're literally all children (people are officially considered adults at age 20 in Japan) and they're attempting to produce professional levels of dance and song, they made a valiant effort.  Their voices didn't blend too well and intonation was wobbly sometimes, but part of the problem lies in the quality of the video itself, as well as sound equipment.  Furthermore, they're dancing simultaneously as they sing.  There is a limit to vocal cord and mental control when a lot of things are happening at once.  I did marching band for a year, I know.  The adrenaline can cloud your judgement and leave you prone to musical slip ups.  They're all around my age younger than me (wut, when did I get so old, damn) and they have plenty of room to improve and grow.

If anything, I'm just more worried about the opening visuals.  

• Upvote 1

If anything, I'm just more worried about the opening visuals.  

This is my main concern as well. I'm sure the official release will be polished enough, and since it really doesn't stray far from the original, I probably won't have much of a problem with the song itself.

What I'm hoping for for opening 41 is that the opening will be exactly like opening 3, but with the modern art style and animation. I have a feeling that they are just going to re use scenes from past openings for this one since it's a cover, but we haven't gotten any one of those since the remastered episodes a few years back, so maybe not.

I'd like to see this as well. Might as go that extra mile in rehashing old content  :P

This is my main concern as well. I'm sure the official release will be polished enough, and since it really doesn't stray far from the original, I probably won't have much of a problem with the song itself.

I'd like to see this as well. Might as go that extra mile in rehashing old content  :P

inb4 they animate the dancing sequence like they did with OP 30's "tear drops"

After checking out the new opening, I have to say I'm quite pleased with it. There were quite a few similarities between the new opening and the original and it came as a pleasant surprise. Good little nostalgia rush  :D

Dailymotion link, since YouTube copyright is a meanie.

Not a very action-packed opening, but the parallels to the original were great.  Gin and Vodka in the window of that building was like that generic criminal jumping out of the window in the original, both openings had Ran looking upset while talking to Conan through a phone, and most obviously Conan ran up the stairs of an abandoned stone building toward a lighted doorway before dramatically turning both times.  Oh yes, and opening 3 and 41 both have Conan and Shinichi in Sherlock Holmes cosplay.  Not a mind-blowing opening, but I'm satisfied.

And upon further inspection, I'm guessing seeing Gin and Vodka up in that tower was sort of like the prologue to having Conan run through the abandoned building in the first place.  Nice little touch there.

• Upvote 1

This is a really great opening. I absoluetly loved the references to opening 3, and seeing Ran attending her karate class was something different for an opening. I also really liked the scene were Shinichi and Ran were walking through the city. It adds a very nice touch to the opening and it kinda reminds me of the Desperate Revival arc. Minus the 'Haibara disguising as Conan' part. :P 

And upon further inspection, I'm guessing seeing Gin and Vodka up in that tower was sort of like the prologue to having Conan run through the abandoned building in the first place.  Nice little touch there

I didn't really notice this until you just pointed it out. I agree, I like how they put those two scenes together like a story.

I really enjoyed this opening a lot, so I'm hoping they will use at least until the new year starts. 

The opening has been quite well-accepted, so in my opinion it will last more or less until the anime version of the Ran GIRL and Shinichi BOY arc. Starting from 790, we might have to wait like around 15 episodes to get to the First Contact arc. Moreover, I'd like to see what images they will change (in case they do) for the Kamaitachi and/or Kawanakajima episodes.